Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Jahudo »

Master Ruck wrote:you also said that the power was an item yet you failed to say what the item was. What was it?
A mirror.
Master Ruck wrote:So seeing as you started with those answers, can you confirm if they are right, and if not then what do you have?
I'll wait until GW gives an answer.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Master Ruck, you've made a slight mistake. I originally gave you those answers, but it was a mistake, and I resent you 7 and 8, with 8, I think, being wrong. You corrected me on it, and I changed it on mine. I had read my answer sheet wrong, since I color coded it, and the colors key is at the bottom, thus making it hard to distinguish my guesses, from the stolen answers, from the traded answers.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Was #11 a mistake or did you have an answer to that one?
Master Ruck
Master Ruck
Goon
Master Ruck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Master Ruck »

GW, I don't understand what you're trying to say. I put you down as giving me the answers to #4 and #11, and I'm also well aware you had the answer to #8 wrong whereby I corrected you on that. I'd also like you to answer Jahudo in regards to where you got the answer to #11. You told me you cheated to get the answers you traded to me, yet you never said on who you cheated.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Ah, I didn't read the original message you sent me, just the two I sent you, and I thought the second was me taking back the first and putting in something different. Okay, my mistake. I did not cheat to get those answers. I guessed. I had a theory about the test, and I turned in answers to 3 or 4 questions early on, to see if I was correct in my theories. In other words, they can completely be wrong. The reason I gave them to you was that I took answers from my message that I'd sent to the mod, since I was already in the mailbox, and took two answers that seemed reasonably far apart. Those answers that I sent in are not color-coded, so I didn't know they were the two I'd guessed the answers to. Sorry. Maybe one or two were right, though, since you ended up getting a power out of it.
Master Ruck
Master Ruck
Goon
Master Ruck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:51 am

Post by Master Ruck »

Has this theory been proven in any way, and do you feel like divulging it to the rest of the class?
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:02 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Wait wait wait. So what's up with answer 11 here GW?

Jahudo what is your answer 12?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:17 am

Post by Jahudo »

sirdanilot wrote:Jahudo what is your answer 12?
D

I started the game knowing the answers to 9, 10, 11, and 12.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:17 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Master Ruck wrote:1=B (UROE)
2=B (Axelrod)
3=D
4=C (GhostWriter)
5=C (Malthusis)
6=D (UROE)
7=B (Me)
8=B (Me)
9=D (Axelrod)
10=C (Malthusis)

11=C (GhostWriter)
12=B (Axelrod)

13=C (Axelrod)
14=B (Axelrod)
15=C (Axelrod)
These two are problematic. I have another answer for 11, meaning either GW is lying -> scum or it is possible that the answers you get at the start are wrong. Maybe Jahudo can tell me the answer to 11 as well so we have a 2 vs 1?

Then we have 12. Jahudo has another answer for this one than Axelrod. This means that either Jahudo/Electra is lying -> scum or, again, it's possible the answers you get at the start are wrong.

I find a GW/jahudo scum pair unlikely since if Master Ruck is indeed town I find it very likely that DGB is scum. And we can't have 3 scum left. And if MR is scum then, well, we still can't have 3 scum can we...

There is also the possibility axelrod is lying. But why would he give mruck-town all those answers? Are we dealing with a Mruck-axelrod scum pair? Wouldn't that be too perfectly orchestrated? Because other than that he dropped a huge town tell with the claim and the answers I haven't seen proof that mruck is town?

So many questions.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:06 am

Post by GhostWriter »

I made the theory that the story in the test was nothing more than altered preexisting myth(s) from either the Greeks or Romans. I took elements from the Odyssey, the Iliad, and Hercules, and then answered a few questions using answers I thought related to those tales.

Sirdan, you clearly are not reading what I'm saying, or are unable to grasp it. I DID NOT CHEAT FOR THOSE ANSWERS. They were pure guesses. The game may be called cheat mafia, but you don't HAVE to cheat for every answer. In all honesty, we all could have entered in an answer for everything, hoping something worked, and to throw off people who cheated off of us. My answer for 11 can easily be wrong, since I based it on NOTHING solid.
Master Ruck
Master Ruck
Goon
Master Ruck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:17 am

Post by Master Ruck »

Ghost, you are aware that submitting a wrong answer is a minus point, right? I doubt anyone would just put on answers to throw people off if they cheat on you, especially when we are all given alerts to prevent people from cheating on us in the first place. For that matter, I find your theory for guessing the answers ridiculous. Presuming you're town, you want as many point as you can on the test to get powers to help town. Basing a number of your answers on
possible
links that I don't think even exist (based solely on my thoughts that the entire test is made up. No relation to anything) is a horribly anti-town thing to do as you're giving yourself nothing to give town to help scum hunt.

Unless, of course, you actually answer my previous question and say if this theory proved effective or not.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:28 am

Post by GhostWriter »

I am not sure which of my answers are right, and which are wrong. However, yes, I have gained a power. I did not know a wrong answer counted against me, but it would explain what took so long for me to gain a power. Yes, I did read the rules, but I did not remember that part of them.

Quick question. When I attempted to use my power (won't say what it is, depending on the answers), I was told that I could not cheat off of someone and use a power together. Did anyone else find that same thing out?

Mod, if possible, can you confirm that night abilities cannot be used alongside cheating?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:44 am

Post by Jahudo »

I still don't feel confidant with one lynch over the others since this is basically mylo and I don't know if we have anything to survive night.
Master Ruck wrote:Ghost, you are aware that submitting a wrong answer is a minus point, right?
Oops, I didn't know that either but it's right there in the rules. Each night Electra/I inserted answers to all 15 questions. I must've been lucky to get a power but now it makes sense that my power is a bottom rung of a series of powers.
sirdanilot wrote:Maybe Jahudo can tell me the answer to 11 as well so we have a 2 vs 1?
A
sirdanilot wrote:Then we have 12. Jahudo has another answer for this one than Axelrod. This means that either Jahudo/Electra is lying -> scum or, again, it's possible the answers you get at the start are wrong.
Axel already told us he got that answer from Xtoxm and Nat. I can confirm that Xtoxm used that answer for #12 because Electra/I cheated off X.

I know what X put down night 1 (answers to #2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 12 and 14) if Axel wants to compare but I believe he cheated/traded with X.
GhostWriter wrote:I was told that I could not cheat off of someone and use a power together. Did anyone else find that same thing out?
Yes, that's how it worked for me.

And I have a gut feeling that the test cannot be solved using preexisting myths.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:04 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Jahudo wrote:
GhostWriter wrote:I was told that I could not cheat off of someone and use a power together. Did anyone else find that same thing out?
Yes, that's how it worked for me.
Can anyone else confirm this?
Master Ruck
Master Ruck
Goon
Master Ruck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:51 am

Post by Master Ruck »

I'll confirm it as well. I wanted to be sure so I didn't end up cheating then missing out on the chance to use a cop scan.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:43 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Answer 4C was the answer I received in my PM when I joined.

In other news, I just realized that I forgot to vote for Axelrod earlier in my excitement. While I've never heard of an 'insane' thief, I've heard of insane cops, and since I know Master Ruck is either lying or insane...

vote: Axelrod
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by iLord »

Normal Abilities and Cheating may not be done in the same night.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

DGB, you could not possibly have checked anyone with your ability, since you attempted to cheat off of me last night. Since I can place alerts on everyone, I caught you attempting to cheat off of me, thus canceling out your claim of using an ability last night. The only one lying is you.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by Jahudo »

GhostWriter wrote:DGB, you could not possibly have checked anyone with your ability, since you attempted to cheat off of me last night. Since I can place alerts on everyone, I caught you attempting to cheat off of me, thus canceling out your claim of using an ability last night. The only one lying is you.
I think that settles the dispute over whose claim we believe. Unless someone wants to discuss anything else, I'll hammer DGB.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:03 am

Post by iLord »

To Come! (Day 4)

Flavor to come.

Vote Count the Third (Day 4)

DrippingGoofball (3): Master Ruck, GhostWriter, Axelrod
Axelrod (1): DrippingGoofball

With 6 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:15 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

GhostWriter wrote:DGB, you could not possibly have checked anyone with your ability, since you attempted to cheat off of me last night. Since I can place alerts on everyone, I caught you attempting to cheat off of me, thus canceling out your claim of using an ability last night. The only one lying is you.
You, my friend, are lying. I made no attempt to cheat off ANYONE.

Town; after you lynch Axelrod tomorrow, lynch GhostWriter. Beware of insane investigations.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:12 am

Post by sirdanilot »

STOP.

So basically we are now in the situation that either DGB or GW is scum right?

And I suppose Mruck supports DGB-scum. So does AxelRod (who is probably town with Mruck). Meaning GW has to be town.

If Mruck were scum, AxelRod would probably be scum too, giving us GW scum, AxelScum and Mruck Scum. This is impossible.

So GW is town. A very anti-town town, that is. I consider speculating that the test is based on real mythology not only extremely anti town, but, no offense, just downright stupid. Can you really imagine that ANY mod would do something like that? It's just ridiculous.

GW looks horribly scummy but it seems that he is probably town anyway.

I would hammer, but I want someone (preferably several people even) to confirm that my logic is correct. I do not trust myself with the game deciding vote right now. Yes, yes, I know hesitating to hammer is horrible and all that...

The only flaw in my logic I can see myself is that mruck is an insane cop. There is little to nothing we can do to minimize the risk. We'll just have to take it I guess.

This would fit in better with GW-scum though, since he looks horribly scummy while DGB doesn't really, to be honest...
Master Ruck
Master Ruck
Goon
Master Ruck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Master Ruck »

sirdanilot wrote:So basically we are now in the situation that either DGB or GW is scum right?
Or? Why or?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:54 am

Post by Jahudo »

sirdanilot wrote:The only flaw in my logic I can see myself is that mruck is an insane cop. There is little to nothing we can do to minimize the risk. We'll just have to take it I guess.
It feels unlikely because earned powers are supposed to reward the person for playing the game and gathering answers, right? I could see a person obtaining a negative role if they guessed too many wrong answers, but Master Ruck was aware of the point system so that's an unlikely way for him to have a negative power.

The rest of your logic looks right. DGB or GW has to be scum because you can't use a power and cheat on the same night, so either DGB didn't investigate Axel or GW didn't have his alert set off.

I think there's a possibility that DGB-scum could be trying to bus Axel when she gave her claim. Here is a theory I'm working on, feel free to tear it apart :)

Her reason for checking Axel sounded very empty. She said "no one stood out to her and that the mafia was doing a good job blending in", which goes against her post 415 where she wondered if Master Ruck and I were mutually bussing. Compiled with how I distracted the town with my misinterpretation of the game rules when we should have been pressuring Nat, there is no posted reason why DGB would investigate Axel over myself or Ruck.

Her forgetting to vote Axel in the same post she claimed, or the dozen or so posts after that, makes me think she wanted to distance from Axel enough to make him look town if she died.

If she tried to bus him and was successful then her power role would be the most valuable night kill target and questions might arise when she lived another day. But since Ruck claimed first and her wagon gained early momentum so she knew it was safer to distance Axel and let him kill Ruck tonight who would be the most valuable power role.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Jahudo »

I'm gonna hammer in 12 hours unless someone needs more time or questions answered.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”