GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:55 am

Post by GIEFF »

Dourgrim wrote:But this statement is also misrepresentative of what I said because
I was not at any point reasoning against a BB lynch! All I said was that I believed Panzer's case to be stronger
, and I thought we would gain more information from a Panzer lynch than a BB lynch (which is a point we haven't resurrected in quite a while). Why is the difference between those two sentences so obvious to me and yet seemingly so hard for me to clearly communicate to you (or for you to understand)?
Because it's not what you actually said.

See bold below:
Dourgrim wrote:
Beyond_Birthday wrote: Dour: I know I am town. I think Zilla is scum. I have nothing more than this and I believe a few, even though they think that I am scum, would agree that under the assumption I am town in this situation, Zilla is scum. However, I have no way of proving I am town right now, and can only hope my future play better reflects my alignment.
OK, see, the
problem
here is that we're almost forced to lynch you with this logic, if only to "prove" that Zilla is scum. However,
the worst part about it
is even if you do flip Town, there's a reasonable chance Zilla is also Town (because there isn't a real case against her aside from your WIFOM and Panzer's "mistrust" issue, which I obviously don't believe is solid), which means
we could end up mislynching twice in a row
based on
a crappy WIFOM decision
if we just blindly followed.
Bad Town play.

Here's
the other problem
I'm seeing: it seems like many of the rest of the Town have you and Panzer at the top of their scum lists (including me), and both of you have Zilla near the top of your lists.
How can the Town in good conscience follow the leads of the two scummiest-looking players in the game? Also bad Town play.

So, how do we
avoid the WIFOM problem
with you vs. Zilla and yet
still pursue a valid lynch?
Your lack of any sort of defense shouldn't it and of itself be a valid defense, and I'm kinda tempted to just push for your lynch based on that axiom itself, but
I don't think that's really a good enough reason to lynch anyone.
The only thing I can think of is to go back to more solid cases that don't involve WIFOM: either my GIEFF case (which doesn't seem to have much support from the rest of the Town) or the Panzer/myko "team" theory.
The catch is, if we lynch Panzer or myko, we're going to learn a LOT about the rest of the game, whereas lynching GIEFF doesn't really lead us anywhere because he's not clearly linked to anyone at this point.
It is clear that you FIRST present reasons why the B_B lynch is less-than-ideal, and THEN say "OK now that I've established your case is not as 'solid' (your word), let's go back to my other two cases, GIEFF and Panzer." Then you rule out a GIEFF lynch, and therefore settle on Panzer. You said yourself that the first 2 paragraphs informed the conclusion of the 3rd, and your first 2 paragraphs are riddled with reasons why you don't find the B_B to be as solid.

So I disagree with your assertion that you just found Panzer more scummy. This looks like process of elimination-type logic to me, with Panzer being the only one left. And I found it scummy because I don't agree at ALL with the logic you used to find the B_B lynch less "solid," and I get the feeling you don't either, especially based on your inability to be truthful about your reasons for unvoting.
Dourgrim wrote:
GIEFF wrote: Yes, I believe you may be scum, but you're not going to be the lynch today, so we can drop it and focus on Zilla/B_B.
You failed to answer the first of my two repeated questions above. What is the relevance of all of this, aside from you attempting to paraphrase my posts?
I did not fail to answer it.
Dourgrim wrote:Also, can you please help me understand the relevance of all of this? Do you genuinely believe that I am scum?
It is relevant because I found it scummy. Yes, I genuinely believe you may be scum, as I said before.

------------

Goat, I am not "going back" to Dourgrim, I am just responding to his response of a question I asked about 6 pages ago.
Goatrevolt wrote:Now that qwints has responded, could you answer my question?
Waiting for Zilla to respond to my latest post about which points of my case she thinks are valid, and why, if they are indeed valid, they left qwints as neutral in her eyes.
------
I don't think it's time for Zilla to claim yet. She still needs one more "potential" vote. Nobody actually vote her, just express your intention to do so (if you have that intention).

---
mykonian wrote: good post though, I agree with your question on GIEFF, again a: "I don't agree with you and here you are scummy"-vote.
I'm sorry if it feels that way to you, but it is not the case at all.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:25 am

Post by Dourgrim »

GIEFF wrote:
Dourgrim wrote:But this statement is also misrepresentative of what I said because
I was not at any point reasoning against a BB lynch! All I said was that I believed Panzer's case to be stronger
, and I thought we would gain more information from a Panzer lynch than a BB lynch (which is a point we haven't resurrected in quite a while). Why is the difference between those two sentences so obvious to me and yet seemingly so hard for me to clearly communicate to you (or for you to understand)?
Because it's not what you actually said.

See bold below:
Dourgrim wrote:
Beyond_Birthday wrote: Dour: I know I am town. I think Zilla is scum. I have nothing more than this and I believe a few, even though they think that I am scum, would agree that under the assumption I am town in this situation, Zilla is scum. However, I have no way of proving I am town right now, and can only hope my future play better reflects my alignment.
OK, see, the
problem
here is that we're almost forced to lynch you with this logic, if only to "prove" that Zilla is scum. However,
the worst part about it
is even if you do flip Town, there's a reasonable chance Zilla is also Town (because there isn't a real case against her aside from your WIFOM and Panzer's "mistrust" issue, which I obviously don't believe is solid), which means
we could end up mislynching twice in a row
based on
a crappy WIFOM decision
if we just blindly followed.
Bad Town play.

Here's
the other problem
I'm seeing: it seems like many of the rest of the Town have you and Panzer at the top of their scum lists (including me), and both of you have Zilla near the top of your lists.
How can the Town in good conscience follow the leads of the two scummiest-looking players in the game? Also bad Town play.

So, how do we
avoid the WIFOM problem
with you vs. Zilla and yet
still pursue a valid lynch?
Your lack of any sort of defense shouldn't it and of itself be a valid defense, and I'm kinda tempted to just push for your lynch based on that axiom itself, but
The only thing I can think of is to go back to more solid cases that don't involve WIFOM: either my GIEFF case (which doesn't seem to have much support from the rest of the Town) or the Panzer/myko "team" theory.
The catch is, if we lynch Panzer or myko, we're going to learn a LOT about the rest of the game, whereas lynching GIEFF doesn't really lead us anywhere because he's not clearly linked to anyone at this point.
It is clear that you FIRST present reasons why the B_B lynch is less-than-ideal, and THEN say "OK now that I've established your case is not as 'solid' (your word), let's go back to my other two cases, GIEFF and Panzer." Then you rule out a GIEFF lynch, and therefore settle on Panzer. You said yourself that the first 2 paragraphs informed the conclusion of the 3rd, and your first 2 paragraphs are riddled with reasons why you don't find the B_B to be as solid.
NO.
Seriously, GIEFF, you're paraphrasing AGAIN.
Do NOT just "see bold below."
Read the entire quote
in the context in which it's presented instead of fixating on individual phrases that fit into your predetermined view of the situation.

The first paragraph: I am addressing BB's statement that he has no defense for his play up to that point, his assertion that he thinks Zilla is scum, and his hope that once he flips Town we'll lynch Zilla. I am attempting to refute this line of logic by pointing out that it's WIFOM, and I say that if we were to blindly follow this line of thought we'd be playing poorly as a Town. The "solid" part is referencing Panzer's "mistrust" of Zilla and, therefore, Panzer's case against Zilla, which I obviously don't put a lot of weight behind.

The second paragraph: pointing out that, since BB and Panzer were at the top of people's lists of suspects at that time, it was unlikely that their case against Zilla would be followed by the Town.

The third paragraph: I propose that, since Panzer is still one of the top suspects in my mind (as well as the minds of others, including yourself at that point), we ignore the BB/Panzer vs. Zilla WIFOM situation for now and instead concentrate on a lynch choice that is already well-established.

At no point do I say that BB is a poor choice for lynch; I say that BB and Panzer's case against Zilla appears to be lacking, isn't worth pursuing, and instead go back to either you or Panzer. These are unrelated issues that you keep trying to link together, and they're not.
GIEFF wrote:So I disagree with your assertion that you just found Panzer more scummy. This looks like process of elimination-type logic to me, with Panzer being the only one left. And I found it scummy because I don't agree at ALL with the logic you used to find the B_B lynch less "solid," and I get the feeling you don't either, especially based on your inability to be truthful about your reasons for unvoting.
This entire quote is bullshit. Again, the word "solid" isn't referencing the BB lynch, it's referencing Panzer's case against Zilla. And I unvoted
in another post
because I thought Panzer was a better lynch choice and had asserted that I thought people should be voting for their first choice for lynch in a given Day and didn't want to be hypocritical. Are you now claiming that your carefully-built case about how Panzer lied and LAL is a good policy to follow is now somehow nullified, and therefore somehow I
shouldn't
have believed Panzer to be a good lynch choice for the Day?
GIEFF wrote:
Dourgrim wrote:
GIEFF wrote: Yes, I believe you may be scum, but you're not going to be the lynch today, so we can drop it and focus on Zilla/B_B.
You failed to answer the first of my two repeated questions above. What is the relevance of all of this, aside from you attempting to paraphrase my posts?
I did not fail to answer it.
Dourgrim wrote:Also, can you please help me understand the relevance of all of this? Do you genuinely believe that I am scum?
It is relevant because I found it scummy. Yes, I genuinely believe you may be scum, as I said before.
This is not an answer to the question I asked you. You find the conversation relevant to my scumminess because you find it scummy. I was asking you why you find it scummy.

TO THE REST OF THE PLAYERS:
please don't just gloss over this entire conversation between GIEFF and I. If you agree with GIEFF's assessment of my play and therefore scumminess,
please
say so and point out why you agree. If you disagree, please say so and point out why you disagree. I am flat-out sick of explaining myself over and over again to a single player and getting absolutely no reaction from the rest of the players one way or the other. Seriously, this needs to be resolved, if only because I'm not enjoying the game when I constantly have to re-explain myself.
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:32 am

Post by GIEFF »

Dourgrim wrote:I say that BB and Panzer's case against Zilla appears to be lacking, isn't worth pursuing, and instead go back to either you or Panzer.
Dourgrim wrote:Again, the word "solid" isn't referencing the BB lynch, it's referencing Panzer's case against Zilla.

Are you really trying to claim that the below quote by you is talking about a Zilla lynch, not a B_B lynch?
Dourgrim wrote:Your lack of any sort of defense shouldn't it and of itself be a valid defense, and I'm kinda tempted to just push for
your lynch
based on that axiom itself, but
You are talking about a B_B lynch here when you say "your lynch." You cannot convince me otherwise. You are talking about why lynching B_B is a bad idea here, too. You cannot convince me otherwise.

If you continue to try to do so, you are not being truthful, whether intentionally or not. Does ANYBODY think the above quote is NOT talking about reasons why a B_B lynch is less-than-ideal? Or even that it's not talking about B_B? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

So I will repeat the question; why did you immediately fall back to either me or Panzer/myko, ignoring B_B? Even if you really were talking about Zilla the whole time (which you obviously were not), you STILL decided to ignore B_B and focus on either me or myko/Panzer, even though B_B was who you were voting for at the time. This was the original point I raised back in Post 469.

Why did you try to make it a binary choice (read: false dilemma) between me and the myko/Panzer connection if B_B was still #2 on your scumlist? If you wanted to make it a binary choice, shouldn't it have been between B_B and Panzer?

-----------------------
Dourgrim wrote:This is not an answer to the question I asked you. You find the conversation relevant to my scumminess because you find it scummy. I was asking you why you find it scummy.
I found it scummy because it looked like you threw up some horrible reasons for not wanting to pursue a B_B lynch, and because you disagreed so vehemently with me saying that you were pointing out reasons against a B_B lynch (which seemed clear as day to me, and still does, and should to everybody else, too).

I also didn't like your claims that you were not trying to lead the town, and the way you voted Panzer, as if you were trying to give an excuse for doing so. "Well, I said this, so I'd better be consistent; my hands are tied!" is the vibe I got from it.

Again, I don't think you are going to be the lynch for today, and I don't want you to be, but when I see scummy behavior, I'm not going to just ignore it. If I get killed tonight, I want this information out there for the town to analyze in my absence.

------------

Zilla, you are very likely going to be lynched shortly, so if you are town, you should be trying to post as much as possible, getting people to react to the idea of your lynch, and answering people's questions. The more information we have about a lynchee the better, as you have said yourself.

You can start with my question about which points in my qwints case were valid, and why you don't have anything but a neutral read on him if you do indeed think they are valid.
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Zilla »

Dourgrim wrote:
TO THE REST OF THE PLAYERS:
please don't just gloss over this entire conversation between GIEFF and I. If you agree with GIEFF's assessment of my play and therefore scumminess,
please
say so and point out why you agree. If you disagree, please say so and point out why you disagree. I am flat-out sick of explaining myself over and over again to a single player and getting absolutely no reaction from the rest of the players one way or the other. Seriously, this needs to be resolved, if only because I'm not enjoying the game when I constantly have to re-explain myself.
Join the club, Dour. I haven't had much time for anything due to large amounts of schoolwork, but Dour, this is exactly what's going on with my case. I explain every time where they are wrong, but they ignore it. :/

GIEFF's attack on you is pretty much the exact same methodology he and goat are using on me; construct some kind of illogical fallacy (Your stance on Birthday, my stance on Birthday/Goat) and constantly assert that it is truth.

I'll check back tomorrow; if I'm still at L-2, I'll claim. I don't like that Birthday was in a similar situation and got off without a claim though, even when GIEFF (falsely) asserted that he was at L-2 when he was at L-3.

Again, I don't like how GIEFF and Goat jumped off of birthday because I jumped on. I'm seeing a false facade here.

On qwints:

He promised a read on Mykonian and failed to deliver, he promised a rereading of [your] misrepresentations and failed to deliver, and he generally doesn't have much input in the thread.

He replaced MacavityLock who argued to try hunting the SK instead of the mafia, and I find that highly suspect, for reasons we've been over many times before. In fact, he seems to be aware of the problem this causes, reading his third post, and tries to backpedal from that stance, though his second post pretty much hinges on Panzer arguing to lynch mafia over SK. Still, a possible misunderstanding.

Neither of them contributed much.

Points I feel are invalid:
It is also odd that you say mykonian and Panzer are the scummiest, yet you hop on the B_B wagon without presenting any original reasons, probably because it looks like an easy lynch.
Many developments and sparse activity make for the kind of play he's using, town or scum, and if he's town, it's an easy frame job for scum to pull off. When you read the post in the context of the situation, it's far less scummy, aside from his forgetting about Mykonian/Panzer.

In fact, almost all of your case on him is based on his inactivity and playstyle, which would be fixed with more contribution. Apply pressure might get him to post more, so we can actually have a valid opinon of him. Including MacavityLock, that position has contributed a total of 14 real posts (one of Macavity's is V/LA announcement, one is confirm, one of qwints' is an EBWOP, one is introduction, one is a "sorry, will read later.")

Speaking of "sorry, will read later." The last time we actually heard anything of importance from SpringLulliby was here. post 215, page
NINE
Aware of that. However, you are attacking him repeatedly. Assault and battery can lead to death if sustained over a period of time. ~ Cybele
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:38 am

Post by Dourgrim »

GIEFF wrote:
Dourgrim wrote:I say that BB and Panzer's case against Zilla appears to be lacking, isn't worth pursuing, and instead go back to either you or Panzer.
Dourgrim wrote:Again, the word "solid" isn't referencing the BB lynch, it's referencing Panzer's case against Zilla.

Are you really trying to claim that the below quote by you is talking about a Zilla lynch, not a B_B lynch?
Dourgrim wrote:Your lack of any sort of defense shouldn't it and of itself be a valid defense, and I'm kinda tempted to just push for
your lynch
based on that axiom itself, but
You are talking about a B_B lynch here when you say "your lynch." You cannot convince me otherwise. You are talking about why lynching B_B is a bad idea here, too. You cannot convince me otherwise.
Yes, the last quote above is indeed referring to the BB/Zilla situation, but you're misinterpreting it. I'm merely suggesting that the entire situation be tabled in favor of what I believed was a stronger case. AT NO POINT do I say that lynching BB is a bad idea. Find ONE SENTENCE that clearly states that with none of your "this is what I think you're saying" spin on it.

And, for the record, your statement of "you cannot convince me otherwise" (used twice in the post) says to me, plain and simple, that you have no business playing Mafia. If you're really so tunnel-visioned that you can't possibly be swayed away from your preconceptions of what other people's words actually mean, you're a poor player, good logic or no. For the sake of argument I'm going to assume, however, that you are NOT a poor player and are instead trying to use this sentence to emphasize your convictions. There have to be better ways of expressing your convictions, GIEFF.
GIEFF wrote:If you continue to try to do so, you are not being truthful, whether intentionally or not. Does ANYBODY think the above quote is NOT talking about reasons why a B_B lynch is less-than-ideal? Or even that it's not talking about B_B? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?
Parroting my call for other players to weigh in on the conversation with your witty sarcasm is unproductive. However, this actually
is
an accurate summary of your case for once, except that it's not the same as what you've been saying up to this point (surprise, surprise!). I
was
saying that I believed Panzer to be a more ideal lynch than BB, correct, but I was
not
arguing
against
a BB lynch; these are different and separate ideas. I felt that BB was a valid lynch choice but not the ideal one.

Do you understand the last sentence as it is written?
That will answer about 80% of your questions in this regard, I think.
GIEFF wrote:So I will repeat the question; why did you immediately fall back to either me or Panzer/myko, ignoring B_B?
I was not ignoring BB, I was suggesting we move away from it in favor of a more well-established case against Panzer.

GIEFF wrote:Even if you really were talking about Zilla the whole time (which you obviously were not), you STILL decided to ignore B_B and focus on either me or myko/Panzer, even though B_B was who you were voting for at the time. This was the original point I raised back in Post 469.
No, I didn't. I decided to table the Zilla/BB situation, not ignore it.
GIEFF wrote:Why did you try to make it a binary choice (read: false dilemma) between me and the myko/Panzer connection if B_B was still #2 on your scumlist? If you wanted to make it a binary choice, shouldn't it have been between B_B and Panzer?
Because I was suggesting that we table (not ignore) the BB/Zilla discussion in favor of a more established case, which left me with two other cases I felt strongly about: you and Panzer/myko.

GIEFF wrote:I found it scummy because it looked like you threw up some horrible reasons for not wanting to pursue a B_B lynch, and because you disagreed so vehemently with me saying that you were pointing out reasons against a B_B lynch (which seemed clear as day to me, and still does, and should to everybody else, too).
OK, this makes sense to me: you disagreed with my logic and found it scummy (IMHO probably because of a failure in communication), but then you cheapen it with the part in parentheses, in which you seem to imply that anyone who disagrees with you is obviously wrong. Am I interpreting this incorrectly?
GIEFF wrote:I also didn't like your claims that you were not trying to lead the town, and the way you voted Panzer, as if you were trying to give an excuse for doing so. "Well, I said this, so I'd better be consistent; my hands are tied!" is the vibe I got from it.
Again, stop laying your "vibes" on my posts and instead read them literally and in context; I think that will help greatly in our apparent failure to communicate.
GIEFF wrote:Again, I don't think you are going to be the lynch for today, and I don't want you to be, but when I see scummy behavior, I'm not going to just ignore it. If I get killed tonight, I want this information out there for the town to analyze in my absence.
I agree that players shouldn't ignore "scummy behavior." I have a question in return, though: if you don't think I'm going to be the lynch for today, and you don't want me to be the lynch for today, why are you going so far out of my way to prove my scumminess?
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:59 am

Post by Zilla »

Dour, I noticed you had some false notions about me from some of your posts, and funnily enough, they're not even the same as Goat/GIEFF's notions.

Birthday wasn't ever my "top suspect," and I switched to him because he was another leading candidate, had a good chance to be scum, and him being scum would have partially absolved Goat of being scum from driving him so hard. Since Goat just wasn't looking like a lynch candidate (probably because we kept getting into quote wars, our arguments turned into my word against his, and it seemed like most of town were ignoring the quote wars where my case was detailed), I switched to Birthday in a two-fold benefit attempt at both lynching scum and getting further information about Goat.
Aware of that. However, you are attacking him repeatedly. Assault and battery can lead to death if sustained over a period of time. ~ Cybele
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:00 am

Post by Zilla »

(realized "leading candidate" could be interpreted wrong, it's meant as "leading suspect")
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:00 am

Post by Zilla »

GIEFF: why do you think Qwints is a lynch candidate while Dour is not? Aside from your vote, neither have any votes on them.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:20 am

Post by GIEFF »

Zilla wrote:I don't like that Birthday was in a similar situation and got off without a claim though, even when GIEFF (falsely) asserted that he was at L-2 when he was at L-3.
And I STILL don't think you should claim. We are still one short vote of a lynch. At no point were 7 people saying they would lynch B_B, and at no point have 7 people said they would lynch you. A claim is bad if we don't later lynch that person, as if more than one person claims, we may be unnecessarily revealing power roles to the scum. It makes sense to be sure we really have enough votes for a lynch to go through before a claim happens, right? And I believe you are still 1 vote away.

------------
Dourgrim wrote:Yes, the last quote above is indeed referring to the BB/Zilla situation, but you're misinterpreting it. I'm merely suggesting that the entire situation be tabled in favor of what I believed was a stronger case.
And I feel you are linking B_B and Zilla unnecessarily. The original case on B_B, and the reasoning you presented at the time of your vote for B_B was not based on Zilla's alignment. The connection to Zilla was created by B_B himself, and you bought into it.
Dourgrim wrote:However, this actually is an accurate summary of your case for once, except that it's not the same as what you've been saying up to this point (surprise, surprise!). I was saying that I believed Panzer to be a more ideal lynch than BB, correct, but I was not arguing against a BB lynch; these are different and separate ideas. I felt that BB was a valid lynch choice but not the ideal one.

Do you understand the last sentence as it is written? That will answer about 80% of your questions in this regard, I think.
Yes, I do, but you are descending into semantics now. As I said before, it doesn't matter how it's phrased; you listed some things, and then explained why those things made a BB lynch less-than-ideal. Whether you think it's a bad lynch or just a less-than-ideal lynch is not relevant to the point I was trying to make, which is why I said "whatever you want to call it." You're right that your actual position on B_B is important, and I'm sorry if I misrepresented it, but either way, it is not relevant to the general point I was making (which is summarized by my bolded sentence below).
Dourgrim wrote:Because I was suggesting that we table (not ignore) the BB/Zilla discussion in favor of a more established case, which left me with two other cases I felt strongly about: you and Panzer/myko.

Yes, I do.
I still think B_B's Zilla-WIFOM should not have been enough to dissuade you from his lynch, if you were being genuine in your initial vote for him.
The WIFOM has nothing to do with the reasons you originally presented, and if you really thought he was scummy, I don't think you would have let WIFOM that he himself injected make you discount so heavily the fact that he refused to defend himself that you no longer feel he should be the lynch candidate for today, instead focusing on me and myko/Panzer.
Dourgrim wrote:Parroting my call for other players to weigh in on the conversation with your witty sarcasm is unproductive.
It may not be productive, but this is a game, and it should be fun. I'm trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Dourgrim wrote:OK, this makes sense to me: you disagreed with my logic and found it scummy (IMHO probably because of a failure in communication), but then you cheapen it with the part in parentheses, in which you seem to imply that anyone who disagrees with you is obviously wrong. Am I interpreting this incorrectly?
Yes. Anybody who disagrees with me IS obviously wrong. When you said "your lynch" you were talking about B_B, and that is about as close to objective as it gets. You say now that you were talking about BOTH B_B and Zilla, which I can believe, but if you were to claim it wasn't about B_B, it would be an obvious lie.
Dourgrim wrote:I was not ignoring BB, I was suggesting we move away from it in favor of a more well-established case against Panzer.

I understand it, but I disagree. You FIRST said we should move away from the B_B/Zilla situation, and THEN decided that all that was left was me and myko/Panzer. Focusing on Panzer was a result of taking your focus off of BB/Zilla. This is not at all the same as simply finding Panzer scummier. Your unvote of BB seemed to me to be based a lot more on flaws in the BB/Zilla case than new points in the myko/Panzer case.

Dourgrim wrote:Again, stop laying your "vibes" on my posts and instead read them literally and in context; I think that will help greatly in our apparent failure to communicate.
OK, I will try. I'm not sure how best to phrase it; would not using quotes be better? I try to link to the posts I'm referring to as much as possible, and I would put down exact quotes for every point, too, if it wouldn't clutter the posts more than they already are.

I'm hoping we can end the quote wars here. Here is my attempt at consensus:

You voted B_B. B_B presented WIFOM for Zilla. You felt this WIFOM was enough of a deterrent to either a B_B or Zilla lynch that you decided to focus on other leads that you yourself were more involved in creating, and that did not contain this degree of WIFOM. Therefore, you settled on Panzer being the best lynch choice for the day, and soon unvoted B_B to vote for Panzer.

Is that correct? The only problem I have with your behavior is the fact that the WIFOM was enough to get you to change your mind, but this is not so major a point that we should continue to quote-war each other. Can we agree that I find it mildly scummy, you think it isn't scummy, and move on? If you wish, I will let you have the last quote-war if I can restrain myself from responding.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:02 am

Post by Dourgrim »

GIEFF wrote:
You voted B_B. B_B presented WIFOM for Zilla. You felt this WIFOM was enough of a deterrent to either a B_B or Zilla lynch that you decided to focus on other leads that you yourself were more involved in creating, and that did not contain this degree of WIFOM. Therefore, you settled on Panzer being the best lynch choice for the day, and soon unvoted B_B to vote for Panzer.

Is that correct? The only problem I have with your behavior is the fact that the WIFOM was enough to get you to change your mind, but this is not so major a point that we should continue to quote-war each other. Can we agree that I find it mildly scummy, you think it isn't scummy, and move on? If you wish, I will let you have the last quote-war if I can restrain myself from responding.
I agree with your boxed consensus (and note to self: remember that "area" tag for future use). We can also agree with your assessment of the situation and move on.

Thank you.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Zilla wrote:Join the club, Dour. I haven't had much time for anything due to large amounts of schoolwork, but Dour, this is exactly what's going on with my case. I explain every time where they are wrong, but they ignore it. :/
Funny. You occasionally pick out one aspect of the case on you and try to refute it. You've ignored quite a bit of the case against you.
Zilla wrote:GIEFF's attack on you is pretty much the exact same methodology he and goat are using on me; construct some kind of illogical fallacy (Your stance on Birthday, my stance on Birthday/Goat) and constantly assert that it is truth.
That's a lie. You have not once addressed my points about how your vote should have been on Birthday earlier. If we were using an illogical fallacy, you would be able to refute it. You haven't done so. You haven't even tried.
Zilla wrote:Again, I don't like how GIEFF and Goat jumped off of birthday because I jumped on. I'm seeing a false facade here.
I addressed this in an earlier post. One that you also ignored.

On Qwints: I basically agree with your summary. However, you don't give your stance on him at all. You summarize his play, but don't tell us how you personally feel about it, and whether or not you think he's scum or town.

On spring: I agree.
Zilla wrote:Birthday wasn't ever my "top suspect,"
You still haven't addressed any of my points regarding this.

-----

Regarding Dour/GIEFF. I think GIEFF has a point, but I don't think it's that big of a point. I don't really consider Dour much more likely to be scum because of it.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Zilla wrote:GIEFF: why do you think Qwints is a lynch candidate while Dour is not? Aside from your vote, neither have any votes on them.
I do not think qwints is a lynch candidate, although I do find his behavior scummy. I wanted to see how you would react to pressure on him (and also to see how he would react to pressure on himself), as this information will be valuable if you come up scum.

Zilla wrote:In fact, almost all of your case on him is based on his inactivity and playstyle, which would be
fixed
with more contribution.
Fixed for the town, fixed for scum, or fixed for qwints?

----------

Zilla, I still feel that you are today's best lynch, and you can consider my vote one of the 7 needed for a lynch, and one of the 7 needed to prompt a claim from you. This should answer others' questions about my qwints-vote, too.

I don't think Dourgrim is a lynch candidate either, and while I find some of his behavior scummy, the amount of conversation we generate is not directly proportional to the degree to which I think he is scum. He is not in my top 3, nor is qwints.

----
mykonian wrote:I would like a zilla-claim too. Otherwise we are just lynching a towny because the game dies before we can change.
What did you mean by this, mykonian? Were you referring to Zilla when you said "lynching a towny?"
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by Zilla »

Goat, you want me to "nitpick" and "deflect" by answering your questions? Eh? I mean, pick a side here; either I point out how your arguments are invalid (apparently nitpicking or deflecting, depending on what day of the week it is) or I try to answer them without directly pointing out why your "information" is wrong (these are always, ALWAYS ignored). Either read my posts, or stop saying my responses are "deflection" and "nitpicking" when I point out why they are invalid.

So, what point about "how my vote should have been on Birthday earlier" are you talking about? Also, where's this explanation of ditching Birthday? I see this erroneous quote that shows you missed the intent of the post..
Goatrevolt wrote:
Zilla wrote:I don't like how they've
changed their tune about Birthday entirely and completely just because I DID vote him
. That's putting the cart before the horse. I was apparently scummy for not voting for someone they thought was scum, now they're saying
I'm scum because I'm voting for someone they think is town.
OMG OPINIONS CAN'T CHANGE LOL!
Bolded sections are contradictory. The first bolded section says that we changed our mind about Birthday
because
you voted him. The second bolded section says that we voted you
because
we changed our mind about Birthday. You're arguing two separate and contradictory reasons to try to call us scum.
Duh, they're contradictory. That was the point, I'm pointing out how your moves and reasons are contradictory. I vote Birthday because he's more likely to be lynched AND he is a valid suspect AND he gives information about you, and suddenly, Birthday's not the lynch anymore, and suddenly, all the suspicion you built up on Birthday is apparently vaporized because I voted for him, and somehow my vote on him is scummy because I'm trying to "appease" you.

unvote: Birthday
vote: Goatrevolt

I'm thinking by association here that Birthday is innocent, and Goat was initially trying to get him lynched, but he was afraid he'd be too accountable for the results. I don't know where GIEFF factors into this, considering he was very VERY softly involved in the Birthday push, but I'm reasonably certain that Goat's the most likely scum player given his constant skewing of facts.

On Qwints: I don't have a solid stance on him. He's only posted 10 times himself, and you want me to declare him either scum or town? Are you digging for information to use my alignment to chain-lynch another townie or what?

I would like a clear summary of your case on me, and yes, I'm going to "nitpick" it to point out the flaws. I don't think it's going to "convince" you otherwise, but I want to see how much of your case is still based on your skewed info. At the very least, it'll serve as a base to stop this "You didn't answer some vague argument that I'm not going to quote or link" business and ought to clear up a ton of misconceptions. In the off chance that you are town, it might help you at least realize how nebulous and unfounded some of these arguments are.
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by Zilla »

Oh, and sorry to distract from matters, but
FOS: Mykonian
for the "lynching a townie" thing. His whole stance so far seems to be scum trying to gain the benefit from a town flip. It's blatantly obvious, to the point that I'd say he's my second suspect again.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Zilla wrote:Oh, and sorry to distract from matters, but
FOS: Mykonian
for the "lynching a townie" thing. His whole stance so far seems to be scum trying to gain the benefit from a town flip. It's blatantly obvious, to the point that I'd say he's my second suspect again.
This isn't the first time he had a "townie" slip (although people don't seem to think these are important, I very much do).

mykonian wrote: and about the picking on townies: that could be a scumslip. I would like to hear Panzers explanation of that (although I can imagine what his answer is going to be).
mykonian wrote:Yes that was the answer I would expect: it was the assumption that spring was scum that would make them town. As the whole post is build to accuse spring, the assumption is that she is scum. Could be a slip though, but it is not conclusive.
So mykonian agrees that "townie" slips can be scummy, unless they are part of another assumption, i.e. a "nested reality."

mykonian wrote:You hide behind LAL, while you orchestrate a
mislynch
This is you referring to Panzer.

You later said
mykonian wrote:Panzers townyness is now only implied by you being scum.
Bogus. Nobody can be so sure that someone is scum that they make nested assumptions based on the universe where that person is scum. But it is based on the assumption I am scum, which you said may explain away the scumminess of a "townie" slip.

mykonian wrote:
Goatrevolt wrote:
mykonian wrote: Mostly, I need to see a scummy motivation behind it, and then I can agree voting for that person.

I just gave you scum motivations for her actions, and likewise showed the lack of possible town motivations. Thoughts on those?

I know I can't argue with this, but I have seen this too often:
two townies
that go after each other, pointing out that the other doesn't understand them the right way.
Goat and Zilla are townies, huh? Where is the assumption here? There is none. You yourself said this is a scumtell.
mykonian wrote:I would like a zilla-claim too. Otherwise we are just lynching a
towny
because the game dies before we can change.
The SECOND time you referred to Zilla as a towny. There is no nested assumption here, either.

This is stretching the limits of coincidence.

I believe mykonian flipping scum would make me quite confident that Zilla and Goat are town, and very confident that Panzer is town as well, even though I find two of these players so scummy right now.

And before you all say "slips are meaningless" let me point something out to you. With every single post mafia make, they are trying to hide the fact that they KNOW who is mafia and who isn't. EVERY time a mafia mentions Zilla, he KNOWS her alignment. It is not far-fetched to think that with thousands and thousands of words being written, two or three of them reveal the fact that the author knows more than he or she should. Calling someone a townie is NOT minor, especially when the SAME person is called town twice.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:19 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

Hm....

I still think that Zilla is scum, but under the assumption she is town aligned, she has a point. The point stands if she is scum but lessened by the fact that she is scum.

AT Dour/Gieff:

Look, I don't get involved because seeing your thoughts spread out in a total attack versus attack is far more useful for a read on the two of you than anything else in this game. However:
I don't like Dour asking for the rest of the town to weigh in to prove his case. I felt he was doing an adequate job, but this is exceptionally minor as a point.

The "conclusion" (see the area box) is fitting and I think puts both of you in the slightly less likely to be scum category.

I still think Zilla is scum and no other opinions have changed.

Prod Spring, please.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:08 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

Beyond_Birthday wrote:I don't like Dour asking for the rest of the town to weigh in to prove his case. I felt he was doing an adequate job, but this is exceptionally minor as a point.
To clarify: I was asking people to weigh in on either side of the case, not just to prove my side. I was looking for validation on the conversation itself, and having everyone just ignore it was making me feel like I was wasting my time writing posts no one was reading (besides GIEFF, that is).
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:32 pm

Post by mykonian »

congrats GIEFF: again you find something to make me look scummy. A few "slips". Well they aren't. It is just the way of saying it (really, do you think I would slip up that often, in the same way?). The way Goat and Zilla misunderstood and accused each other, made me think that they could also be town that were just on the wrong track because of all the small things that Zilla finds...

Then the claim part: if she is town, and we know it after her claim (I don't know, but her claim could explain everything, etc, it is a possibility), we got to have the possibility to change the votes to someone else.

So, most times I have used it, it was a way of saying something.

BTW, GIEFF is doing the same with dour again. Picking out small things, contradictions etc. This is scum looking for a case, or town misunderstanding a lot of the things posted... In either case, dour doesn't look bad to me, mostly it seems GIEFF reads him wrong.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:38 am

Post by GIEFF »

mykonian wrote: Then the claim part: if she is town, and we know it after her claim (I don't know, but her claim could explain everything, etc, it is a possibility), we got to have the possibility to change the votes to someone else.
That's ridiculous. Why would you even talk about the possibility that we KNOW she's town after her claim? What could that possibly explain that would make us so sure?
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:32 am

Post by qwints »

He clearly means that the claims is such that she can't be lynched on day 1.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:39 am

Post by GIEFF »

qwints wrote:He clearly means that the claims is such that she can't be lynched on day 1.
Clearly?
mykonian wrote:I would like a zilla-claim too. Otherwise we are just lynching a towny because the game dies before we can change.
He says that WITHOUT a Zilla-claim, we are lynching a Zilla-townie.

Care to revise your statement, qwints?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:39 am

Post by springlullaby »

Ok, I have fallen way behind. Promise to post during week-end.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:59 am

Post by PJ. »

Ok, I've skipped over every post by Gieff and Dourgrim, This arguement is totally unnecessary and superfluous. It looks like two pro-town players having a pissing contest. Now, can we LYNCH B-B or Zilla. I'm seriously done with it being Day 1. We need some damn info. Shit, if you guys really want to LYNCH me but I don't see the sense in you guys argueing about what essential ammounts to nothing.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:13 am

Post by GIEFF »

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 51#1487551
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 78#1492078
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 79#1495479
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 08#1498508
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 92#1505092

------
Panzerjager wrote:Ok, I've skipped over every post by Gieff and Dourgrim, This arguement is totally unnecessary and superfluous. It looks like two pro-town players having a pissing contest.
What? I thought I was third on your scumlist, behind Zilla and B_B? When did your assessment of me change to "pro-town player?"
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:22 am

Post by mykonian »

GIEFF wrote:
mykonian wrote: Then the claim part: if she is town, and we know it after her claim (I don't know, but her claim could explain everything, etc, it is a possibility), we got to have the possibility to change the votes to someone else.
That's ridiculous. Why would you even talk about the possibility that we KNOW she's town after her claim? What could that possibly explain that would make us so sure?
There are two possibilities: she is scum, and we don't care what happens, as long as we lynch her

she is town, and we want to have the possibility to change bandwagon.

a claim is partly a test, do we still want to lynch her after it? If we think the second case is possible (and that is why I talk about it), we should be able to choose afterward. If we think she is scum, there is no problem, the lynch will get there. When the game dies, it is easiest to lynch the person with the biggest bandwagon (zilla).

conclusion: I want her to claim soon, otherwise we might lose the opportunity to avoid her lynch, and that is never a good thing. We should be able to change the lynch based on what happens.

and I see you have found another scumslip with panzer: congrats. Care to talk about your Dourscum-slip? I dare to say that we could even find a scumslip in Goat's post, while I think him protown.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”