shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:40 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Day four arrives with little orange bits strewn all over the sushi bar. I appears someone tried chopping little fish eggs to bits. This means Plum was stabbed to death, she was Tobiko, a townie.

It is now Day 4

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by Narsis »

well, that was a fast day 3.
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
Microphone_Kirby
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by Microphone_Kirby »

Well... I'm a little surprised how f***ing fast Day Two went by: 4 (RL) Days out of 14? WTF!?!? :shock:

We seriously had plenty of time to discuss other potential targets, and then you all end the day like it was nothing??? NO. Not Good. :evil:
ortolan wrote:Based on what you quoted in 522, DGB, I'm more inclined to think there was a guilty on Flameaxe than an innocent on OMGL.

Look at the "placeholder" vote, then the comment that there "might" be something more to it. Looks pretty damn strongly like a breadcrumb to me.

Vote: Flameaxe
...Uh, not to me. It looked more like a "get your ass over here and post already" vote. That vote could've meant something else just as easily.

raider8169 wrote:The case on flameaxe seems to only be based on him lurking. Is there something more to it?
sirdanilot wrote:Lurking
Breadcrumbed as scum day 2 by Talitha-COP.

Purposefully not defending himself
Struck out what shouldn't be. I highly doubt that Talitha checked out Flameaxe (Yesterday was a strong feeling, Today there's no doubt).
To me, the entire lynch was simply a lurker lynch... and a very unnecessarily speedy one.
Granted, Flameaxe Voting for himself and being uncooperative didn't help him in the least. Still... I don't like the speed of it at all.

Vote: sirdanilot
, the first to mention that "Talitha checked out Flameaxe and got a guilty" was a possibility... that's what drove the Bandwagon, IMO. And I find it to be BS.
FoS
the other 450 Horsepower bandwagoners:
Setanta, Slicey, Farkshinsoup, Riceballtail, Azhrei, DrippingGoofball, ortolan, Seraphim
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Microphone_Kirby wrote:Struck out what shouldn't be. I highly doubt that Talitha checked out Flameaxe (Yesterday was a strong feeling, Today there's no doubt).
To me, the entire lynch was simply a lurker lynch... and a very unnecessarily speedy one.
Granted, Flameaxe Voting for himself and being uncooperative didn't help him in the least. Still... I don't like the speed of it at all.
Ah, come on! This was the first wagon of the day, and when does the first wagon ever get to a lynch? Er, when a player has a complete meltdown and refuses to claim? That's no lurker lynch. He had posted very little until we ran up some votes, so yeah, I think everyone was pretty inclined to pressure him to talk because without that, we'd never have a clue whether or not he's scum. And what does he do? Instead of contributing more, posting analysis, giving his insights on who people's alignment, he refuses to claim, self-votes, and says he hates everyone. You couldn't sound more like caught scum than Flameaxe, and frankly, I'm really mad at him for signing up for a game, and not actually playing it.

You know who's really suspicious? The players that were around and did NOT vote for such a scummy player. No one in their right mind would have thought Flameaxe was town after he flatly refused to claim...
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by Seraphim »

What drove me to vote was Flameaxe's self-vote. Any town who refuses to defend himself doesn't deserve to live unless they have very good reasons to do so.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:28 pm

What I find most surprising is that list of players that did NOT vote for a player that refused to claim AND self-voted.

WHY DIDN'T THESE PLAYERS VOTE?
Microphone_Kirby - I'm not liking his condemnation of a very justified wagon, coming in on a high horse. Like Flameaxe gave any clues about being a townie. Were you around, M_K???
zwet - seriously, I think zwet was around to vote. Why didn't he?

PLAYERS THAT DIDN'T SEEM TO BE AROUND:
hp [leaves] - didn't seem to be around. Not posting a lot, but I'm getting an honest town vibe from his posts. Should post more.
raider8169
Narsis
Pear Bear
Jebus - Jebus has flaked out of another game.
serenity2 - where is that replacement player???
minineko - looks like he wasn't even reading.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:29 pm

I want an answer from zwet. Why didn't he vote against Flameaxe?

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

You are mistaken, DGB. I wasn't around to vote. I came to the game and saw it was already night and went, "Damn! They killed without me!" But in my humble opinion, Flameaxe's late flailing looked more like a townie giving up than scum calling emotional pleas.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

DGB wrote:serenity2 - where is that replacement player???
They seemed to have disappeared. I'm looking for another replacement for the replacement.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by Slicey »

MK's post could not be any more wrong.

Well, we obviously know now that Talitha did not get a guilty scan on Flameaxe. This gives me more reason to believe that she got a guilty scan on Az.

Also, I've backed off on PB because I kinda agree with DGB. I'm still uneasy, though.

Also, DGB, hp [leaves] said he was V/LA at the beginning of D3.

Serenity and Jebus need replacing. >_>
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:43 pm

zwetschenwasser wrote:You are mistaken, DGB. I wasn't around to vote.
If you weren't around you're excused.
zwetschenwasser wrote:But in my humble opinion, Flameaxe's late flailing looked more like a townie giving up than scum calling emotional pleas.
You have 20/20 hindsight, don't you? He wouldn't claim. He wouldn't even claim vanilla. In a speed game.

@ Slicey - I'd be surprised if Talitha had investigated Azhrei. It would have been an odd choice. So I think it's very low probability that she'd have investigated Azhrey and gotten a guilty scan. In addition, going by memory, I don't recall Azhrei being that scummy, personally.

Microphone_Kirby
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:56 pm

DrippingGoofball wrote:WHY DIDN'T THESE PLAYERS VOTE?
Microphone_Kirby - I'm not liking his condemnation of a very justified wagon, coming in on a high horse. Like Flameaxe gave any clues about being a townie. Were you around, M_K???
You don't like it? Well, tough shit. I'm still condemning it, if for only one big reason:
it was too fast

Sure, I'm able to see lynching him because he was too uncooperative (because I'd lynch him too), but... well, I shouldn't need to say anymore.

Was I around? Does it matter? If I
was
there, I still wouldn't have hammered him. Maybe later in the "day", but not anywhere near "yesterday's" hammer.
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by Narsis »

to be honest i find myself agreeing with MK. the Flameaxe lynch was too fast in my opinion. granted he did nothing to help himself or deter us from lynching and i probably would have voted him myself had i been around...but i absolutely hate quick lynches.
Record:

Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by Slicey »

Yes, lets wait around 10 more days until we lynch Flameaxe. It makes perfect sense! Especially because he was giving up!

DGB - You may not have seen Az scummy, but Talitha might have.

God, MK is pissing me off so much now. >_>
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:27 pm

Narsis wrote:to be honest i find myself agreeing with MK. the Flameaxe lynch was too fast in my opinion. granted he did nothing to help himself or deter us from lynching and i probably would have voted him myself had i been around...but i absolutely hate quick lynches.
I don't like quicklynches any more than you do, but when a player does the ultimate scum move of refusing to claim, or even explain why he might want to refuse to claim, what are we going to do, talk about the weather until deadline?

In other news, I'm liking Slicey more and more.

Microphone_Kirby
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:01 pm

DrippingGoofball wrote:I don't like quicklynches any more than you do, but when a player does the ultimate scum move of refusing to claim, or even explain why he might want to refuse to claim, what are we going to do, talk about the weather until deadline?
That's a good idea! The sky's so clear, I could see the moon! ^_^

... Seriously, how about trying to finding targets for "tomorrow's" lynch with that extra time? Maybe someone would slip up during the discussion, and those people would be a good point of focus for "tomorrow"...
if
they're not better candidates for the lynch "today".
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:14 pm

Microphone_Kirby wrote:... Seriously, how about trying to finding targets for "tomorrow's" lynch with that extra time? Maybe someone would slip up during the discussion, and those people would be a good point of focus for "tomorrow"...
if
they're not better candidates for the lynch "today".
Oh great, let's have every player list the names of who they want to lynch the next day, so that the scum can nightkill the townie that's the most up to their shenanigans.

Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:48 pm

Post by Narsis »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Narsis wrote:to be honest i find myself agreeing with MK. the Flameaxe lynch was too fast in my opinion. granted he did nothing to help himself or deter us from lynching and i probably would have voted him myself had i been around...but i absolutely hate quick lynches.
I don't like quicklynches any more than you do, but when a player does the ultimate scum move of refusing to claim, or even explain why he might want to refuse to claim, what are we going to do, talk about the weather until deadline?

In other news, I'm liking Slicey more and more.
yeah...i see your point. i still think we could have done with mroe discussion of some kind.
Record:

raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:23 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Slicey wrote:Yes, lets wait around 10 more days until we lynch Flameaxe. It makes perfect sense! Especially because he was giving up!
While I agree that the bandwagon went extremely fast I saw no reason to join it so quickly. I would rather have waited a little longer as the deadline was still far away. He did give up and I have never seen him play that way. It was a sign something was wrong but in this case most people simply guessed wrong at the signs. I dont hold everybody responsible for it but I am sure there were scum on the wagon just not sure who yet.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:38 am

Post by ortolan »

So Microphone_Kirby saunters up now when highly conveniently his apparently dissenting voice with the Flameaxe lynch was never heard prior to Flameaxe being lynched.
Flameaxe (652) wrote:Well... I'm a little surprised how f***ing fast Day Two went by: 4 (RL) Days out of 14? WTF!?!? Shocked

We seriously had plenty of time to discuss other potential targets, and then you all end the day like it was nothing??? NO. Not Good. Evil or Very Mad
Thanks for this exercise in "spouting pro-town platitudes" (I can't remember who I stole this expression from).
MK (652) wrote:
ortolan wrote:Based on what you quoted in 522, DGB, I'm more inclined to think there was a guilty on Flameaxe than an innocent on OMGL.

Look at the "placeholder" vote, then the comment that there "might" be something more to it. Looks pretty damn strongly like a breadcrumb to me.

Vote: Flameaxe
...Uh, not to me. It looked more like a "get your ass over here and post already" vote. That vote could've meant something else just as easily.
Why did you not think it was a cop breadcrumb and why did you not make your opinion on the Flameaxe wagon known sooner (say, before he was lynched?)
MK (652) wrote:Struck out what shouldn't be. I highly doubt that Talitha checked out Flameaxe (Yesterday was a strong feeling, Today there's no doubt).
Scum already know who the townies are (or in a game where there may be multiple factions they can at least have a good guess), so your reticence in painting someone as scum (not that you made it known at the time) won't win you any brownie points, and *especially* not retrospectively.
MK (652) wrote:To me, the entire lynch was simply a lurker lynch... and a very unnecessarily speedy one.
Pro-town platitude
MK (652) wrote:Granted, Flameaxe Voting for himself and being uncooperative didn't help him in the least. Still... I don't like the speed of it at all.

Vote: sirdanilot
, the first to mention that "Talitha checked out Flameaxe and got a guilty" was a possibility... that's what drove the Bandwagon, IMO. And I find it to be BS.
FoS
the other 450 Horsepower bandwagoners:
Setanta, Slicey, Farkshinsoup, Riceballtail, Azhrei, DrippingGoofball, ortolan, Seraphim
You couldn't be more scum if you tried. Again, please tell me why that didn't, to you, look like a breadcrumb, and why you failed to make your opinions known prior to Flameaxe being lynched. Complaining about the speed is perfectly crap when there were extremely valid reasons for voting Flameaxe, not least of which were his fucking self-vote and refusal to co-operate- including claiming. Not that there couldn't be scum on his wagon (and very, very likely are, based on probability alone), but pretending there was not an extremely valid reason for voting him and using that as an excuse to FoS *all* his wagoners is scummy in the extreme.

Vote: Microphone_Kirby
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:15 am

Post by raider8169 »

ortolan wrote:
Flameaxe (652) wrote:Well... I'm a little surprised how f***ing fast Day Two went by: 4 (RL) Days out of 14? WTF!?!? Shocked
I think you meant to say that this was quoted from MK.

On other news, during the first night Green Crayons killed. If I am not mistaken GC didnt draw any attention to himself the first day. I forgot about this until now but looking at GC is isolation the only person who threatened him was MK. Other then that he seemed really townie.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:18 am

ortolan wrote:
MK (652) wrote:To me, the entire lynch was simply a lurker lynch... and a very unnecessarily speedy one.
Pro-town platitude.
That sentence is a gem. This was NOT a lurker lynch. Flameaxe was literally posting every five minutes to remind us that he was refusing to claim.

NOT a lurker lynch. Sorry.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:39 am

raider8169 wrote:On other news, during the first night Green Crayons killed. If I am not mistaken GC didnt draw any attention to himself the first day. I forgot about this until now but looking at GC is isolation the only person who threatened him was MK. Other then that he seemed really townie.
You should read OGML's case on M_K, actually. Knowing that OGML's was town, and after seeing M_K's post today, it's difficult to imagine M_K being town at all.

I'd like to hear opinions from our replacements and lurkers.

Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:41 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

There's too much reacting to what happened last night and what people posted today. We need to go back and start looking at voting patterns now. I don't have time to do that right now, but I might on the weekend.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:52 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

DrippingGoofball wrote:PLAYERS THAT DIDN'T SEEM TO BE AROUND:
hp [leaves] - didn't seem to be around. Not posting a lot, but I'm getting an honest town vibe from his posts. Should post more.
I was V/LA for the whole day 3
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”