DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:58 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Farkshinsoup wrote:There's too much reacting to what happened last night and what people posted today. We need to go back and start looking at voting patterns now. I don't have time to do that right now, but I might on the weekend.
Normally that's a good idea but we have a lot of lurkers, and their non-votes or sticky votes are uninterpretable.

@ hp [leaves] - Any more to say??? Please share your thoughts.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:16 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

I see the case on MK.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:53 am

We need to hear more from:

22. serenity2 (Hybris)
9. Minineko (alvinz95)
12. hp [leaves]
21. Jebus

They need to post something clear and decisive. And they all need to VOTE before this day is over.

Mod Prod
serenity2, Minineko, hp [leaves], Jebus
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:03 am

Post by Narsis »

Farkshinsoup wrote:There's too much reacting to what happened last night and what people posted today. We need to go back and start looking at voting patterns now. I don't have time to do that right now, but I might on the weekend.
i tend to agree.
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
Pear Bear
Pear Bear
Townie
Pear Bear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:03 am

Post by Pear Bear »

If we lynch another town, would we still have a chance of winning?
Because I'm fairly certain scum is intentionally keeping me around because I'm
A) Not helpful to the town.
B) A scapegoat to draw attention to when one of them is getting lynched.

Through the course of this game Ive suspected Flameaxe, Talitha and Plum, all turned out to be town. And I wasnt convinced Santos was scum, and I ended up being wrong.

Perhaps I should focus on those who I suspect the least...
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:18 am

Enter WIFOM craplogic stage right...
Microphone_Kirby
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:02 am

Post by Microphone_Kirby »

ortolan wrote:You couldn't be more scum if you tried. Again,
please tell me why that didn't, to you, look like a breadcrumb, and why you failed to make your opinions known prior to Flameaxe being lynched
. Complaining about the speed is perfectly crap when there were extremely valid reasons for voting Flameaxe, not least of which were his fucking self-vote and refusal to co-operate- including claiming. Not that there couldn't be scum on his wagon (and very, very likely are, based on probability alone), but pretending there was not an extremely valid reason for voting him and using that as an excuse to FoS *all* his wagoners is scummy in the extreme.
Why "that" didn't look like a breadcrumb: because I don't believe in them.
Why I didn't give my opinions before Flameaxe's lynch:
none of your business
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:04 am

zwetschenwasser wrote:Enter WIFOM craplogic stage right...
Hahaha, it may be wearing seven layers of spackle and makeup, you can still recognize it from the balcony seats!

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:06 am

Microphone_Kirby wrote:Why I didn't give my opinions before Flameaxe's lynch:
none of your business
M_K lynch sequence: LAUNCHED

vote: Microphone_Kirby

raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:06 am

Post by raider8169 »

Microphone_Kirby wrote:Why I didn't give my opinions before Flameaxe's lynch:
none of your business
Pro-town player right here!
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:09 am

Oi! What the heck is that supposed to mean, MK? Are you trying to be uncooperative?
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:11 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Microphone_Kirby wrote:Well... I'm a little surprised how f***ing fast Day Two went by: 4 (RL) Days out of 14? WTF!?!? :shock:

We seriously had plenty of time to discuss other potential targets, and then you all end the day like it was nothing??? NO. Not Good. :evil:
ortolan wrote:Based on what you quoted in 522, DGB, I'm more inclined to think there was a guilty on Flameaxe than an innocent on OMGL.

Look at the "placeholder" vote, then the comment that there "might" be something more to it. Looks pretty damn strongly like a breadcrumb to me.

Vote: Flameaxe
...Uh, not to me. It looked more like a "get your ass over here and post already" vote. That vote could've meant something else just as easily.

raider8169 wrote:The case on flameaxe seems to only be based on him lurking. Is there something more to it?
sirdanilot wrote:Lurking
Breadcrumbed as scum day 2 by Talitha-COP.

Purposefully not defending himself
Struck out what shouldn't be. I highly doubt that Talitha checked out Flameaxe (Yesterday was a strong feeling, Today there's no doubt).
To me, the entire lynch was simply a lurker lynch... and a very unnecessarily speedy one.
Granted, Flameaxe Voting for himself and being uncooperative didn't help him in the least. Still... I don't like the speed of it at all.

Vote: sirdanilot
, the first to mention that "Talitha checked out Flameaxe and got a guilty" was a possibility... that's what drove the Bandwagon, IMO. And I find it to be BS.
FoS
the other 450 Horsepower bandwagoners:
Setanta, Slicey, Farkshinsoup, Riceballtail, Azhrei, DrippingGoofball, ortolan, Seraphim
What? Someone who refused to claim, was supposedly breadcrumbed by the COP and didn't seem to mind his own lynch got lynched SO FAST?? What a disgrace!
Okay, so now it turns out there wasn't a breadcrumb. That doesn't mean we didn't have a reason back then to suspect it was.
There was NOTHING wrong with it being such a speedy lynch. Firstly, this is a SPEED game. Secondly, Flameaxe didn't contribute ANYTHING to the town at all. Not even the MINIMAL contribution of a CLAIM! I would probably lynch him again if I saw this, he looked THIS scummy. What could you possibly have wanted to discuss, with him being at l-2, refusing to claim or contribute anything? Did you want to discuss 'oh okay so X looks scummy too!'. You know what, this is just anti-town. If someone is so obviously scummy, he needs to be LYNCHED, and if that happens QUICKLY what's the problem? Are you just going to sit out the deadline with him not posting anything useful? What could that lead to?
Also, how was this a LURKERLYNCH? It was anything but that. It was a COP BREADCRUMB bandwagon, and then a CLAIM REFUSAL LYNCH. That he didn't contribute ANYTHING to the town AT ALL only helped his case.

Seriously, it really looks like you're just trying to look good by condemning the towny lynch, and FoSing half the players in the game. No real vote analysis, nothing. Just shouting and whining about how the lynch went too fast (which it didn't).

And no this isn't OMGUS, I would've reacted the exact same way if you had voted any of the others you listed there.
vote MK

also
MK wrote:Why I didn't give my opinions before Flameaxe's lynch: none of your business.
die scum die
Microphone_Kirby
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:22 am

zwetschenwasser wrote:Oi! What the heck is that supposed to mean, MK? Are you trying to be uncooperative?
I tried Cooperative and it didn't do shit... so yes.

This feels much better, TBH. :D
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:38 am

Sirdanilot, just because this is a speed game doesn't mean that we should lynch this quickly. If everyone hadn't been so nuts about killing Flameaxe he might have settled down into some sort of pro-town attitude.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:39 am

Microphone_Kirby wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:Oi! What the heck is that supposed to mean, MK? Are you trying to be uncooperative?

Sigh. This is a jester tell, not a scumtell. What do we do now?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:40 am

Post by raider8169 »

Microphone_Kirby wrote:

How could you be so pissed about the flameaxe wagon when you are now doing the same stuff he was doing?

Vote MK

I was hoping you would be using this time to explain yourself, guess not.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:41 am

Post by raider8169 »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Sigh. This is a jester tell, not a scumtell. What do we do now?
Do we have any reason to think there is a jester role in this game? I always thought those games would have that hinted in the title or flavor or something.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:42 am

There can be jesters in this game, right?
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:55 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Microphone_Kirby wrote:

hi mk-scum. are you mimicking flameaxe? because I couldn't see a towny doing that! oh wait you aren't a towny.

also zwet
, Jesters really don't exist unless it's hinted in the first post or the flavor, or the mod is a ruthless bastardmod. Putting a jester in a setup without the townies knowing about it would absolutely ruin them if they were in fact scumhunting well. It would not improve the quality of the game. Jesters reduce all scumhunting (all the town has basically) to mere wifom and moderators don't want to have that happen to normal (as in, jester-free) games. So really you should not assume MK is the jester.

Premise: Jester tell = scum tell.
Conclusion: MK is scum
Microphone_Kirby
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:06 am

raider8169 wrote:How could you be so pissed about the flameaxe wagon when you are now doing the same stuff he was doing?

Vote MK

Explain what? I said all I could.

...I'm starting to understand why Flameaxe did what he did (when he voted himself off).
zwetschenwasser wrote:There can be jesters in this game, right?
I doubt it in this case.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:13 am

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Vote: Microphone_Kirby
Minineko
Minineko
Goon
Minineko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:14 am

Post by Minineko »

Azhrei wrote:Personally, I feel that OGML is by far the scummiest. He was hard on the M_K bandwagon, basically saying we were going to lynch him, and listing no alternative. And then, all of a sudden, he flipped, and voted for Santos. And his only comment being 'Brilliant claim, scum.
:goodposting:
Farkshinsoup wrote:So you admit to lurking, staying on a wagon with a random vote (with no reason why your vote is on there) and then when you pick up a little flack, you admit that you're only trying to follow the pack. You unvote. Why did it take being challenged for you to decide that your vote was on a townie? The unvote also came as the Santos wagon was picking up steam, which you never got involved with one way or the other. Please explain.
Hey Fark, I remember you. This is fishy.
Pear Bear wrote:I understand that I'm looking realllllly scummy right now. My half-baked plan has basically blown up in my face. I was hoping that if I had kept my vote on MK he would be lynched and turn out to be scum, but towards the end of that process I began to doubt his scumminess. That combined with pressure to act in someway caused me to remove my vote. However, I didn't think that Santos was scum either, and that by being one of the few to not vote him I would assure my nonscumminess.
Ive made a newb mistake that could potentially end up killing me, and hurting the town.
Fail.

I was also extremely surprised that I wasnt on Plums list of suspects as he was the only person to vote me yesterday and now I look 1000x scummier than then.

And finally, I don't fully comprehend the hasty flameaxe voting...
??????? really looks like scum fail excuses "hai guys im know im scummy but not scum i swear"
zwetschenwasser wrote:What do we do now?
ingore it

vote Polar Bear
- scummiest person all game imo.

Meow.
-_'_-
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:15 am

Post by raider8169 »

Microphone_Kirby wrote:
raider8169 wrote:How could you be so pissed about the flameaxe wagon when you are now doing the same stuff he was doing?

Vote MK

Explain what? I said all I could.
MK wrote:Why I didn't give my opinions before Flameaxe's lynch: none of your business.
This
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:17 am

Did minimeko just ignore the entire MK case?
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:18 am

Post by Setanta »

Microphone_Kirby wrote:Well... I'm a little surprised how f***ing fast Day Two went by: 4 (RL) Days out of 14? WTF!?!? :shock:

We seriously had plenty of time to discuss other potential targets, and then you all end the day like it was nothing??? NO. Not Good. :evil:
Er Flameaxe seemed pretty much obv scum, what else was there to discuss, I don't think you can blame people for jumping on his wagon, like seriously.
Slicey wrote:Well, we obviously know now that Talitha did not get a guilty scan on Flameaxe. This gives me more reason to believe that she got a guilty scan on Az.
Highly unlikely, really. If she had a guilty on anyone it was flameaxe from her posting, it's obvious now she didn't though.
Mk wrote:Was I around? Does it matter? If I was there, I still wouldn't have hammered him. Maybe later in the "day", but not anywhere near "yesterday's" hammer.
Why would you not have hammered? Sure the day was short, but dragging it out due to people being afraid of short days. If he'd been scum, then none of this would matter really. It was obvious Flameaxe had given up and wasn't going to post any more.
Seriously, how about trying to finding targets for "tomorrow's" lynch with that extra time? Maybe someone would slip up during the discussion, and those people would be a good point of focus for "tomorrow"... if they're not better candidates for the lynch "today".
I disagree with this, I don't find it scummy, but I do disagree with the need to discuss tomorrow's lynch today, not needed at all.
If we lynch another town, would we still have a chance of winning?
Because I'm fairly certain scum is intentionally keeping me around because I'm
A) Not helpful to the town.
B) A scapegoat to draw attention to when one of them is getting lynched.

Through the course of this game Ive suspected Flameaxe, Talitha and Plum, all turned out to be town. And I wasnt convinced Santos was scum, and I ended up being wrong.

Perhaps I should focus on those who I suspect the least...
As for the first bit, we could do with lynching scum alright.

You forgot C) You're scum :roll:
This post is pretty terrible though :(

I see the case on MK too, being deliberately unhelpful is retarded. Along with everything else. Not sure how many he's on atm though.

Jester speculation..yeh there's not going to be one b/c they're a horrible role in general :P Anyone that looks like a jester is probably scum. Unless you're flameaxe that is :roll:

Want to see a VC before I place my vote, we don't need another quicklynch as too many would be stupid.

Also Vote-Count please Shaft.ed
:D [/b]
No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. [i]Never compromise. [/i]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”