there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:31 pm

Post by korais666 »

mith wrote:
Korais wrote:vote: mith 50% out of spite for starting the acronym thing
Read: I have no sense of humor, so I will act superior and pretend to have some reasoning behind my vote.
50% out of spite for starting the acronym thing
If this is actually a serious reason, you have problems.
No, it wasn't, and I'm sorry for not being funny. I won't even try in the future.
mith wrote:and we can have a sense of humor, because, hey, this is supposed to be fun.
Again, I get your point, and you won't see me at the mafiascum open mic.

[part of the post that matters]Y'know, I wasn't *really* suspicious before, it was, admittedly, a vote based on half-assed piece of evidence. Yes, I voted for you because I disagreed with you, but looking over the first three pages of posts, I really didn't see anything that stood out as suspicious, so I found someone who said something iffy, and went after it.

However, at this point, I
am
suspicious of you, because hyperspazzing over something small and insignificant early in the game is something that I've seen others and myself do as mafia in the past.

And as far as backing up my IS claim, I haven't played a game with him when he was a vigilante (unless you count Gandalf from hobbitmaf), but my point was that he likes to play on the fringe and take risks.

My comment about the mafia going after IS was sort of a subtle hint that I'm surprised nobody protected him. Admittedly, it was worded poorly and was too subtle, but that's what I was going for.
Holy crap, I forgot this site existed.
-Me, 2/25/08
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:07 pm

Post by Stewie »

Gaspode wrote:
unvote: whomever (Fuldu, I believe)
. As mith says, random votes are starting to do more bad than good.

I agree with most of what mith says (except I never liked the acronyms simply because I was too lazy to decipher them :P ), but I'm not ready to revote yet. Korais and mepmuff have done some pretty scummy things, but I'm not 100% convinced that they're mafia yet, as mith seems to be. I'd like to wait for a little more information before I make a serious vote.
Roland, coron, and mith (?), let's see.

"I agree with most of what mith says ... , but I'm not ready to revote yet."

If you agree with mith, why wouldn't you be ready to vote? Mith seems to have no problem in voting.

"Korais and mepmuff have done some pretty scummy things, but I'm not 100% convinced that they're mafia yet"

Since when do we wait until we are 100% sure to vote? The game would go pretty slow if we did. It'd say >50% sure is good enough for a vote.

To sum it up, it seems that he doesn't want to be commited in voting. Washing his hands, we could say.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:07 pm

Post by Gaspode »

So now I'm not allowed to voice mild suspicions and views without voting?
mith wrote:If you agree with mith, why wouldn't you be ready to vote? Mith seems to have no problem in voting.
Well, for one thing, I'm not a sheep. Mith and I are different people. As I said in my last post, I only agree with
most
of what he says. Also, maybe he likes to make votes with less backing than I do. I like to be reasonably sure of a person's scumminess before I make a serious vote (and nowhere, by the way, did I say that I was even 50% sure, as you say). For all I know, maybe mith even has other motives; he has been known to do things like set traps for scum or make votes simply for information purposes. I don't feel obligated to follow him like he's a god simply because he's been around longer than me.

Also, while the first vote usually just calls attention to a suspicious person, the next few can get a bandwagon moving, and sometimes push it out of control. I didn't think korais or mepmuff were past the "being called to attention" phase, so I didn't advance either bandwagon. My post was basically a VGOMS ;) without the boldfaced type.

And "washing my hands" implies that I want them lynched, but don't want to be an obvious part of the lynching. I have no intentions of starting a lynch campaign on either one of the people in question at the moment; I just think they should be examined a bit more carefully than the average player at this point. Part of my logic is that, once in awhile, scummy-looking people turn out to be docs or cops, so I don't want to start a potentially dangerous bandwagon on them yet. Another part is that even average townies make mistakes and and post things that may look suspicious and can be misinterpreted. I don't think I should be voted just because I want to take the game slowly.

On a slightly related note, does anyone else think it somewhat strange that three people voted for me before any decent reasoning was given?
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:09 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Mods, feel free to delete the double post, my computer's being very weird.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:23 pm

Post by Polotet »

Gaspode wrote:Mods, feel free to delete the double post, my computer's being very weird.
Done and done.

Actually, there was only one thing for me to do, so just done.

Done.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:45 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Gaspode wrote:On a slightly related note, does anyone else think it somewhat strange that three people voted for me before any decent reasoning was given?
I didn't agree with what little reasoning there was, but no, I didn't find the way that the votes progressed to be strange. Dragon Phoenix actually presented more evidence than he often does in pursuing a bandwagon, especially on Day One. Oftentimes he'll just say "Just a hunch." And, DP is known to be a skilled player, so it doesn't shock me that people read his message and were then primed to see the post he pointed to as more scummy than, in my opinion, it actually was.

The fact is, though, I know you've seen bandwagons like this before, again especially on Day One. I didn't find the post that DP was pointing to scummy, but I did find this question to be so. You're trying to redirect suspicion on the people who placed it on you in the first place with the argument that it seems ill-argued and rushed. Ill-argued and rushed it might be, but to me, at least, it's so obvious how and why it happened that the idea of pointing to it as an anomaly seems desperate.

vote: Gaspode
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:44 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

After some posts arguing korais guilt or innocence...

Coron writes:
I don't think Korais has done anything really scummy yet.

After a discussion on gaspode's possible scumminess...

Coron writes:
I don't see anything scummy about Gaspode's post..
I'm really not getting any good vibes from these posts so...
vote: Coron
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:53 pm

Post by olio »

Lazarusmoth, you didn't unvote.

Stewie, what's your take on Genocide Heart?

I don't know if anyone else finds it disturbing, but could it be possible to leave all double posts as they are, as it messes up the subject numbers. For example now DP's post points to little bit different direction than before.
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:38 am

Post by mith »

korais666 wrote:
mith wrote:
Korais wrote:vote: mith 50% out of spite for starting the acronym thing
Read: I have no sense of humor, so I will act superior and pretend to have some reasoning behind my vote.
50% out of spite for starting the acronym thing
If this is actually a serious reason, you have problems.
No, it wasn't, and I'm sorry for not being funny. I won't even try in the future.
mith wrote:and we can have a sense of humor, because, hey, this is supposed to be fun.
Again, I get your point, and you won't see me at the mafiascum open mic.
Huh. I'd love to know what your reason was for changing what I quoted. It's not really something you can do accidentally.
Y'know, I wasn't *really* suspicious before, it was, admittedly, a vote based on half-assed piece of evidence. Yes, I voted for you because I disagreed with you, but looking over the first three pages of posts, I really didn't see anything that stood out as suspicious, so I found someone who said something iffy, and went after it.
And as far as backing up my IS claim, I haven't played a game with him when he was a vigilante (unless you count Gandalf from hobbitmaf), but my point was that he likes to play on the fringe and take risks.
(Out of order because I want to address these together)

So let me get this straight. You read through three and a half pages, and couldn't find *anything* more suspicious than something you disagreed with based on *no* evidence at all? Something that was entirely irrelevant to the discussion anyway, and that was only being discussed because people keep claiming it, but they don't actually believe it enough to go look for the verification? Heck, I've even called both Fuldu and Stewie out on it, and neither of them has posted a shred of evidence that IS would do it.

That first paragraph is an insult to ass halves everywhere. As for the second, again, this is something easily verifiable if it's true, but you would rather base it on what *you know* of how he likes to play. And this somehow outweighs what I know, having played in, oh, twice as many games with him, and having met him in meatworld twice?

I said in my first post about it that *I don't actually know* whether he would use the kill these days, but you're going to have to do better than "I know better than you for no reason whatsoever".
However, at this point, I
am
suspicious of you, because hyperspazzing over something small and insignificant early in the game is something that I've seen others and myself do as mafia in the past.
I'm sorry, but when I have *just* made a point about random voting still going on, and then someone votes for me for some completely idiotic reason because they can't find anything better, they're getting their post ripped apart.

If you want to see hyperspazzing though, I suggest you read: Minvitational 2
My comment about the mafia going after IS was sort of a subtle hint that I'm surprised nobody protected him. Admittedly, it was worded poorly and was too subtle, but that's what I was going for.
...and how, exactly, does this address the following?
It has nothing whatsoever to do with his "reason" for voting for me.
Not only that, but it doesn't even make sense. I'm not surprised he died, but I wouldn't have been surprised if he hadn't, either. I'm certainly not surprised a doctor didn't protect him in a game with multiple killers; even if the doc was absolutely sure he'd be targeted, he or she wouldn't have known IS wasn't scum (and we aren't even sure of it *now*).

But thanks for ruling out that you have a doc-like role, anyway. At this rate, we'll have you confessing your sins by page 6.

As for Gaspode, I didn't really get the scummy vibe from the *first* post, but the second one is rather interesting. I'll have another read of it and the votes for him after lunch.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:28 am

Post by Aelyn »

Gaspode wrote:...And "washing my hands" implies that I want them lynched, but don't want to be an obvious part of the lynching.
OK, that sentence made me sit up and take note. It sounds to me that he's basically stating that his intentions in lynching someone who he admits could be a power role are, basically, the same as the Mafia's intentions in lynching them: To get the person lynched, but for it to not be obvious that he wants them lynched. That screams scummy to me, although it is a tad strange that Gaspode stated it that obviously. Perhaps he's cracking somewhat under the pressure?

Either way,
Vote: Gaspode
. I'm about 80% sure he's scum.

And, for the record, I'm more awake now. Last night I was too tired to think properly.
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:45 am

Post by Desperate Heart »

Gaspode didn't state any intention there, he stated what thought Stewie's comment of him was implying.

I really don't understand the whole Gaspode-wagon thing. It seems to consist almost entirely of poor reading comprehension.
[i]There is only ONE god:
He is the SUN god:
Ra! Ra! Ra![/i]
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:19 am

Post by Aelyn »

Oops, you're quite right Genocide. I missed that last line in Stewie's post, and only saw it in Gaspode's. The entire train of thought popped into my head, and I quickly posted.

Bah, I really ought to be more careful. Nevertheless, I'm happy with my vote for now, although I'm also keeping an eye on Korais based on Mith's last post.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:24 am

Post by mith »

Bah, came home early, and now I don't have time to look at things. I'll post tomorrow.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:04 am

Post by rolandofthewhite »

I'm prepared to vote for Gaspode, but I'd like a votecount first, please.
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
JDTAY
JDTAY
n00b hoser
JDTAY
n00b hoser
n00b hoser

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:36 am

Post by JDTAY »

unvote mith
vote lazarusmoth

Anyone talking about vibes is just grasping at straws. I dunno why he wants Coron dead, but it ain't because of suspicion.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:43 am

Post by mith »

A bit of time to slice up his most recent post.
Also, maybe he likes to make votes with less backing than I do.
Ironic, considering I've been fighting against all the random/nonsense votes, but anyway.
For all I know, maybe mith even has other motives; he has been known to do things like set traps for scum or make votes simply for information purposes.
Hm. This does come off odd. It's true, I do, though, it's not so black and white as it's made out there (just because the scum-o-meter goes off does not mean I'm not going to work my posts for informational purposes, and vice versa). What's odd though is that he's pointing it out at all. It's not really a reason to avoid voting for someone. "Man, mith has caught us another scum... oh, wait, it might just be a trap, maybe mith isn't really convinced, I'll hold off."... yeah, that doesn't really work, huh? So, maybe he only mentions this because he was particularly concerned with *not* falling into one of my traps?
Also, while the first vote usually just calls attention to a suspicious person, the next few can get a bandwagon moving, and sometimes push it out of control. I didn't think korais or mepmuff were past the "being called to attention" phase, so I didn't advance either bandwagon. My post was basically a VGOMS Wink without the boldfaced type.
Some people are too aggressive with votes, some too cautious. ~shrug~ I don't find anything particularly odd here, though it's something like 15 to lynch, isn't it? We're hardly close to a lynching on either of you.

The main problem I have here is that if you insist on going slowly, what's the point of a random vote? But that's not enough for me to switch votes on, I don't think. I'll stick with korais, at least until I see them both post again.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:20 am

Post by Coron »

Personally I'm a lot more suspicious of the people hopping on than the people being bandwagoned (or even laz, who voted me for crap reasons.)
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:31 am

Post by Polotet »

Roland walks over to the news trailer and bangs on it a couple of times. A few minutes later, Nondescript Reporter stumbles out, buttoning up his shirt and frantically trying to straighten his hair.

Nondescript Reporter: Sorry folks, I, um, slept in? I see it's time for another exciting vote count! Here we go:

Coron: 1 (lazarusmoth)
Gaspode: 5 (Aelyn, DP, Electra, Fuldu, Stewie)
GenocideHeart: 2 (Olio, PeaceBringer)
Korais: 2 (DarkLight140, mith)
lazarusmoth: 2 (JDTAY, Locus Cosecant)
mepmuff: 1 (GenocideHeart)
mith: 2 (Korais, mepmuff)
PeaceBringer: 1 (Roland)
SinisterOverlord: 1 (KingEnigma)
Stewie: 1 (SubtleTactix)

Back to you, sexy... I mean Blonde Anchorwoman! :oops:

*camera shows anchor's desk. it's empty.*

Looks like we're having some technical difficulties, folks, I'll end this broadcast here and we'll try to get those worked out.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:49 am

Post by Stewie »

As I said in my last post, I only agree with most of what he says... ... (and nowhere, by the way, did I say that I was even 50% sure, as you say)
Well, as you mentioned before, mith seemed to be 100% sure. You agree with most of what mith says. Most means more than 50%, and more than 50% of 100% is more than 50%, every time, no matter how you look at it. Therefore, you should be sure enough to vote.
I don't feel obligated to follow him like he's a god simply because he's been around longer than me.
But you
agree
with (most of) what he's saying -- why wouldn't you also agree in with him in the vote count? It's not like you'd be blindly following him, but you read his argument and made an informed desicion on them.

Also, while the first vote usually just calls attention to a suspicious person, the next few can get a bandwagon moving, and sometimes push it out of control. I didn't think korais or mepmuff were past the "being called to attention" phase, so I didn't advance either bandwagon.
Again, if we all just sit there and watch until something suspicious enough for a vote comes up, this would be a really slow game. Although I could probably get my children to replace.
And "washing my hands" implies that I want them lynched, but don't want to be an obvious part of the lynching.
That, or that you are NOT trying to start a bandwagon on them, and either say "Yeah, I thought that they weren't suspicious enough to vote for them" if they are town or "Yeah, I thought that there was something suspicious about them" if they are scum.
Part of my logic is that, once in awhile, scummy-looking people turn out to be docs or cops, so I don't want to start a potentially dangerous bandwagon on them yet.
So what are you saying? That we should vote for innocent looking people? Obiously you'd agree in that it sounds like a silly plan. My point is, we have to go after suspicious people, and hope they are not town.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:23 pm

Vote: Gaspode
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:11 pm

Post by olio »

Stewie, I'm still waiting for your take on Genocide Heart.

Aelyn, sounds like you're looking really hard for a reason to vote. So hard actually, that the moment you think of reason to vote, you do it. Where does your 80% assurance come from now?
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:20 am

Post by Aelyn »

olio wrote:Stewie, I'm still waiting for your take on Genocide Heart.

Aelyn, sounds like you're looking really hard for a reason to vote. So hard actually, that the moment you think of reason to vote, you do it. Where does your 80% assurance come from now?
Well, the 80% thing was mostly because (mistakenly) I thought the "washing hands" comment came from Gaspode originally, and when I saw him explain how the phrase would mean he wanted to lynch but not seem important in the lynching, I interpreted it as him cracking and all but admitting he was scum, like I explained. Since then, I've realised my mistake, but I'm still suspicious of Gaspode in general. My gut reaction is that it's even chances he's scum, which to my mind is worth it.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:49 am

Post by Electra »

Polotet wrote:Roland walks over to the news trailer and bangs on it a couple of times. A few minutes later, Nondescript Reporter stumbles out, buttoning up his shirt and frantically trying to straighten his hair.
=DDD The first time I read that, I read it as Nondescript Report stumbling out of roland's trailer and buttoning up his shirt. ;)
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:00 pm

Post by Stewie »

olio wrote:Stewie, I'm still waiting for your take on Genocide Heart.
What about him?
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:10 pm

Electra wrote:The first time I read that, I read it as Nondescript Report stumbling out of roland's trailer and buttoning up his shirt.
:lol:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”