JDTAY
JDTAY
n00b hoser
JDTAY
n00b hoser
n00b hoser

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:19 am

Post by JDTAY »

Oh, that's really nice, PB, just go ahead and vote me without giving a reason or anything, 'cause that's the perfectly acceptable behavior of an innocent player.

FOS: PB
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:30 am

Post by Thesp »

PeaceBringer wrote:vote JDtay
I would like to institute a new meta-gaming policy. Who's with me on this?

Anyone from this point on who only posts a vote without any justifying text whatsoever should be lynched.

This is not helpful for the town. Ever. It only makes you look like you're trying to evade your posting responsibilities while getting your vote in. It reeks of scum. This is particularly disturbing coming from someone who already has been fingered as suspicious by some.

The thread has many of these posts, and they need to stop. This is the only way I can think of to get them to stop. I would love some feedback on this thought.

I'm sorry if I sound frustrated, it's just that this is the slowest mafia game I've ever been a part of. Few are posting one even a semi-daily basis. It's getting a bit aggravating to me, and "only a vote posts" don't help at all. If it's random, say it is. If there's a reason, say it is. I'm not asking for a lot, even a sentence will do.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:16 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

5 JDTAY (Mastermind of Sin, commify, Coron, KingEnigma, PeaceBringer)
2 Mastermind of Sin (olliep13, lazarusmoth)

8 to lynch
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:43 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Vote JDTAY

Almost any bandwagon will do.
commify
commify
Townie
commify
Townie
Townie

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:44 am

Post by commify »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:
Vote JDTAY

Are you replacing someone? If so, who?

And I would like to hear some reasoning. I thought I explained my vote on JDTay. Others have not. This suggests to me that my suspicion was wrong, and that the members of the bandwagon are the real scum.
Vote early and vote often.
-Al Capone
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:44 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:
Vote JDTAY

Allow me to point out the irony of the fact that he forgets he's in
Amnesia Mafia
my other running game.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:16 am

Post by Thesp »

How about prodding everyone at this point? Is this level of inactivity normal for a large game? :x
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:49 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

i'm here, but i have nothing to post, really...I like my vote, but i don't have anything else to contribute unless someone else says something i can respond to...
Permanent V/LA.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:49 pm

Post by Coron »

Somewhat, especially on weekends.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:59 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Currently in the process of replacing joe and bloojay. If discussion doesn't pick up by the time they're replaced, I will prod everyone and set a deadline.

DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:50 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

While I've been checking the thread at fairly frequent intervals, I don't see anything I really need to post. I was hoping someone else would pick up discussion and I could wait until I had a decent opinion on something and evidence to back it up before posting.
To be Continued...
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:27 pm

Post by Coron »

Wow, you really should try helping actual posting, while it is useful for you to sit back and analize, we will never be able to tell if you are scum. I personally think you need to post more often and express more of a strong opinion.(directed towards DL)
Bloojay, I think, has been missing for a while.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:30 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I agree with Coron. While your strategy is good for you as a player to figure out everyone else, it's also the perfect cover for scum to hide under. Please post more, because if you don't, I'm inclined to vote for you just because I have no way of telling if you are scum or not. Of course, I still think JDTAY is much more suspicious, so I don't plan on changing my vote in the near future.
Permanent V/LA.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:14 pm

Post by Scalebane »

I just got finished with exam week. my head hurts. sleeeeeep.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:16 pm

Post by Coron »

Go sleep and be productive later.
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:45 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

My strategy is hardly the perfect for scum to hide under. If nothing else, A viewing of all my posts can give a quick list of all the opinions and thoughts I've offered the entire game. If you want to vote me, vote because I've drawn conclusions with crap logic, or repeatedly pushed the lynching of innocents, or something. Not "Oh, we can't read you" when I've posted more actual content than a good number of others.

I will, therefore, sit back an analyze all I wish. When I've got something to post I will. The fact the my posting comes in a form other than near-constant utterings of my opinion on every issue doesn't make it worse, or more scummy, than yours.
To be Continued...
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:10 pm

Post by Coron »

Your posts tend to be more factual the first of the games you were in I read I seriously thought you were mafia until the end.(your newbie game)
commify
commify
Townie
commify
Townie
Townie

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:44 pm

Post by commify »

I'm still here, I guess. I kind of like my vote, but there's a splinter of doubt, too. I wonder if Coron will respond to my post like he's done all the others? :)
Vote early and vote often.
-Al Capone
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:45 pm

Post by Coron »

I didn't post right after the MoS post...
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:17 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

Still here. Still liking my vote.
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:46 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Thesp wrote:
PeaceBringer wrote:vote JDtay
I would like to institute a new meta-gaming policy. Who's with me on this?

Anyone from this point on who only posts a vote without any justifying text whatsoever should be lynched.

This is not helpful for the town. Ever. It only makes you look like you're trying to evade your posting responsibilities while getting your vote in. It reeks of scum. This is particularly disturbing coming from someone who already has been fingered as suspicious by some.

The thread has many of these posts, and they need to stop. This is the only way I can think of to get them to stop. I would love some feedback on this thought.

I'm sorry if I sound frustrated, it's just that this is the slowest mafia game I've ever been a part of. Few are posting one even a semi-daily basis. It's getting a bit aggravating to me, and "only a vote posts" don't help at all. If it's random, say it is. If there's a reason, say it is. I'm not asking for a lot, even a sentence will do.
hey if you think this game is slow, you haven't been around MS long enough. I think my vote is a good one and I so no reason to always outline my reasons for voting. Deal with it.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:39 am

Post by Thesp »

Excellent. Glad to see people are still keeping up with the thread, and it's moving a little bit more.
PeaceBringer wrote:I think my vote is a good one and I so no reason to always outline my reasons for voting. Deal with it.
Your vote is good and you see no reason to justify it everytime? Looking through your posts in the thread, the only time you raised suspicion against or voted for JDTay were because "something needs to happen" and once for going back to an earlier vote, which you then voted someone else shortly thereafter. I'm not by any means suggesting that those voting for JDTay right now are all unjustified (as many of them have given their various reasons). You, however, have the appearance of someone voting for someone because they have the most votes. It only looks worse that when your vote is questioned, the substantive part of your response is "Deal with it." This doesn't sound helpful or productive at all.

I am now quite comfortable with
Vote: PeaceBringer
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:59 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Vote Peacebringedr

When you vote without giving a reason why, you take away the opportunity for others to refute your point and it enables masking of any scum actions without even having to bother with crap logic. It's not acceptable behavior.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:10 pm

Post by Coron »

I still think that JDTAY is a better choice to lynch.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:32 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

I'm sticking with MoS for now but casting a very suspicious eye on PB's new posts.

Vote count, mod?
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”