springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by springlullaby »

GIEFF wrote: springlullaby, do you feel that expressing annoyance at the length of posts is enough to lynch Panzer? If not, what else do you find suspicious?
He did not express annoyance at the length of post, he said that he wouldn't read them and justified it by saying that he shouldn't be expected to.

I would lynch him on that alone.

My old remarks against him are still valid, but I don't much care.

[/quote]
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

springlullaby wrote:Meh, I thought farside had replaced in. False joy.
Yeah, me too. I was excited over what that was going to mean for this game.
springlullaby wrote:I'm currently up to lynch BB, Panzer, for previously cited reasons.

Plus qwint, militant and subgenius for lurking.

No order of preference.
:roll: This again? I highly doubt you have no order of preference. Everyone has someone they would prefer to see gone (whether it's scum with a townie they want out, or town with the person they think most likely to be scum). I want to see an order of preference. Why does militant's lurking make him an equally good lynch as BB? Among all 3 lurkers, they all have defining characteristics of their play. Are you truly unable to distinguish between them? I doubt it.
springlullaby wrote:@Goat, something's puzzling me. You seem awfully nice to me this game. Saying stuff like "you know this", "spring can testify to it" when it comes to your playstyle, plus the whole not wanting to lynch me for lurking. This is in stark contrast compared to the other game we share, and I think it looks awfully like you buddying up or, more nefariously, trying to manipulate me over your meta. I'll say this here, you do seem consistent with the town meta I have seen from you (1 game), but I don't like the fact that you are bringing it up constantly in the conversation.
I expected you to bring up something like this.

You are one of the people I think most likely to be town right now. I'm not trying to buddy up in order to garner your support, I simply think you are town. I don't want to lynch someone I think is town, regardless of whether or not they are lurking. I respect your play enough to want to have you come back to the game rather than replace out and us get a variable factor. The reason I've brought up my meta is Zilla kept attacking me for aspects of my play that she said makes me likely to be scum, but are actually just things I do every game. My style of defending myself, for example. The reason I noted you, is because you played in a recent game with me, and you attacked me for the exact same thing Zilla did, and can testify that it is something I do as town.

It wasn't an attempt to buddy, it was me defending myself.
springlullaby wrote:Now, your 'working toward a lynch' is all well and good, but who exactly are you willing to lynch beside Zilla, and why?
Previously, nobody. Now I'm not sure Zilla is scum anymore, so I need to evaluate. Right now, I'd say BB and Qwints would be my top two choices. I'm leaning more towards Qwints than BB right now, but I want to think about it a little bit before committing.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by GIEFF »

springlullaby wrote:
GIEFF wrote: springlullaby, do you feel that expressing annoyance at the length of posts is enough to lynch Panzer? If not, what else do you find suspicious?
He did not express annoyance at the length of post, he said that he wouldn't read them and justified it by saying that he shouldn't be expected to.

But he had already said he wasn't reading posts. 4 times.

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 90#1505290
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 57#1505957
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 62#1507962
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 43#1508343

And others have already called him scummy for it.

Why did you only focus on this latest time he said he wasn't reading posts, and ignore the first four times he did it?

------

mykonian, I understood what you meant now; you meant I was right about Panzer having lied. No need to answer.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

mykonian wrote:ok, read it: I didn't think it interesting. Small arguments with Zilla, that also make up his case against her, don't impress me.
If your opinion of my post is "small arguments with Zilla that make up my case against her" then you didn't read it. I unvoted. Do you have no reaction to that?
mykonian wrote:and Goat, why a FoS in this time of the day?
At that point, I was still voting Zilla. I decided to unvote at the end of my post, and didn't go back and do anything about my FoS. I've just had a drastic change of opinion on Zilla, and I want to think about the game a bit more before committing to a vote right now. So I'm fine with leaving the FoS at this moment.
mykonian wrote:and come on, do you really expect someone to find the "dourscum" mistake. You just read over it, looking for obvious logical/grammatical mistakes.
No, I can understand how it would be missed. I wanted to ask GIEFF about it anyway and see what he had to say about it. I think his answer was fine, and satisfies my inquiry.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by mykonian »

Goatrevolt wrote:
mykonian wrote:ok, read it: I didn't think it interesting. Small arguments with Zilla, that also make up his case against her, don't impress me.
If your opinion of my post is "small arguments with Zilla that make up my case against her" then you didn't read it. I unvoted. Do you have no reaction to that?
I did it in parts, I didn't think the zilla part interesting. I think your unvote was a good thing to do. There are more scummy players around then "constantly-doesn't-understand-me"-zilla.

BTW, GIEFF, I thought I had answered it, the post didn't come through I guess, or I didn't hit submit or something.

it was something like this:

panzer confirmed that you weren't lying about him. That means a lot of your posts are scumhunting/getting town to share your view. Those are protown things to do, so you are protown.

Or very, very good scum :) More likely town is the best way to put it.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by mykonian »

BTW Goat, how can you play with such win loss ratings as scum? Why would you show them? I should have asked you earlier, but doesn't that get you lynched sometimes?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Zilla »

Mykonian seems to be doing less hunting than the lurkers who are showing up.

I'd support a qwints lynch at this current point, given how he hasn't responded to allegations against him, and he ignored the call for reasoning on why he switches his votes.

I'm busy today, I don't have time to write huge quote-war posts with Goat, which is a shame because I think at least half of his points are new material.

My suspicion of Panzer is independent of his "lie" about being serious or not, I'm still fine with my vote there considering how he hasn't even tried to participate ever since he stuck his vote on me.
Aware of that. However, you are attacking him repeatedly. Assault and battery can lead to death if sustained over a period of time. ~ Cybele
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by GIEFF »

But I myself already confirmed that I wasn't lying about Panzer. I linked to a previous post where Panzer agreed with me. Why did you ignore that post, but used this latest post to justify a complete 180 on me?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

mykonian wrote:BTW Goat, how can you play with such win loss ratings as scum? Why would you show them? I should have asked you earlier, but doesn't that get you lynched sometimes?
It hasn't. I show them because I love statistics.

I've had people who have played in previous games where I was scum attack me in the next game based on a "too townie fallacy." I've never had it actually garner any support.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by mykonian »

Goatrevolt wrote:
mykonian wrote:BTW Goat, how can you play with such win loss ratings as scum? Why would you show them? I should have asked you earlier, but doesn't that get you lynched sometimes?
It hasn't. I show them because I love statistics.

I've had people who have played in previous games where I was scum attack me in the next game based on a "too townie fallacy." I've never had it actually garner any support.
tip: don't play newby games :(

Zilla: where to start? I think I'm doing the best I can to get a view on people and to tell the other people what I think. I won't go looking at all the small scumtells that I can find with practically every player to show that I'm "scumhunting" because it won't be usefull. You find exactly the person that you already thought scummy.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:13 am

Post by springlullaby »

Goatrevolt wrote: :roll: This again? I highly doubt you have no order of preference. Everyone has someone they would prefer to see gone (whether it's scum with a townie they want out, or town with the person they think most likely to be scum). I want to see an order of preference. Why does militant's lurking make him an equally good lynch as BB? Among all 3 lurkers, they all have defining characteristics of their play. Are you truly unable to distinguish between them? I doubt it.
I have no order of preference and would lynch any of them at the drop of a hat. Panzer is where my vote now, it's my surest call, which doesn't mean my BB call isn't confident.

As for lurkers, ting and mykonian qualify also in my book, but their pattern isn't as scummy and I think they read more town.
You are one of the people I think most likely to be town right now. I'm not trying to buddy up in order to garner your support, I simply think you are town. I don't want to lynch someone I think is town, regardless of whether or not they are lurking. I respect your play enough to want to have you come back to the game rather than replace out and us get a variable factor. The reason I've brought up my meta is Zilla kept attacking me for aspects of my play that she said makes me likely to be scum, but are actually just things I do every game. My style of defending myself, for example. The reason I noted you, is because you played in a recent game with me, and you attacked me for the exact same thing Zilla did, and can testify that it is something I do as town.

It wasn't an attempt to buddy, it was me defending myself.
Not afraid of laying it on thick are you. What is it that make you think I'm so town?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:15 am

Post by springlullaby »

GIEFF wrote:
springlullaby wrote:

But he had already said he wasn't reading posts. 4 times.

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 90#1505290
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 57#1505957
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 62#1507962
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 43#1508343

And others have already called him scummy for it.

Why did you only focus on this latest time he said he wasn't reading posts, and ignore the first four times he did it?
It didn't catch my attention till then.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:24 am

Post by mykonian »

thank you for calling me a lurker, but I would look at yourself first. I think I have shown what I think enough, to not be called a lurker. I may not have found scum, like goat, GIEFF and Zilla claim, but at least I participated, and I discussed. Now before you start the lurkerhunt, why shouldn't we lynch you?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:34 am

Post by springlullaby »

If you want to lynch me the burden of proof is on you.

Why do you object to being called a lurker? You are. Did you actually read my post though?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:38 am

Post by mykonian »

Did I miss something? and yes, I object to be called a lurker. I just don't want to be one, and I really try to participate in games (altough a few weeks ago I had some motivation problems), just to avoid getting called a lurker.

And then you, the person that has absolutely no right to accuse people of lurking, come here and tell me I lurk. Could you point out why? Because I absolutely don't like that label.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:36 am

Post by PJ. »

V/LA until tomorrow.. I left last night..forgot to post it
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

ting wrote:
BB wrote:Is it time to replace subgenius and ting yet?
You're skimming through the game and not at all reading. I posted 24hours before you said this.
No, just being antagonizing, and okay whoever said sub is being replaced didn't see that.

Meh...
This game is really tedious just because I think we've reached a point where...I don't care. I'm reading... yet I am caring so little at this point because arguments are all flowing together, opinions oscillate so much that I just don't know...

I don't like Zilla, and on her my vote will remain, but I see the point against Qwint. He comments little, bandwagons at the central point (scum critical cite Wiki), and hasn't exactly responded to any accusations. I would be okay lynching Qwints. I don't yet feel comfy lynching myknonian or Panzer, but I am relatively okay with the latter versus the rest of town. Of course, Gieff is a bit up there, but since he isn't even close to the chopping block, I'll just mention him again as being scummy. (Three people a lynch does not make, right?)
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:22 pm

Post by mykonian »

yes, although I'm a huge fan of long day 1's, this has gone on long enough. Tomorrow we might have trouble finding the information back that we created now. Can I propose that everyone posts his top three scum, and we base a lynch on that?

I'll go first:

Qwints first: basically no read on him, does little, votes for biggest bandwagon. Could be that he is lazy town, but in that case, how much do we lose with a mislynch? Qwints is basically a scummier SL, same argument counts.

BB next: His Panzer vote wasn't strong. I don't know why he keeps the pressure on GIEFF, while Panzer made clear that GIEFF didn't lie, and therefor GIEFF must have acted protown.

Panzer last I guess: Really OVER agressive in the start, I simply cannot see that as good play, while I thought Panzer was a good player. And the obvious: "You don't see me back till we lynch somebody" doesn't help him either. (I already start thinking: but why would scum do that? Guess that the too scummy fallacy is at work again...)
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:22 am

Post by Zilla »

Goat, Mykonian, Panzer.

They're my top three, and I also have reason to suspect they are linked.

Goat: use of misinformation, manipulation, obvious tunneling on me, irrational defense of Panzer, contradictory stance on panzer, uncooperative nature toward being held accountable, suspicious disengage from Birthday...

Mykonian: Little-to-no scumhunting, unexplained rise in suspicion of Panzer solely because he now claims to understand GIEFF, the whole "I get GIEFF's argument, wait no I don't." Asking for me to claim without wanting me lynched, calling Goat pro-town with no evidence, irrational defense of Panzer initially, wanting to lynch SpringLulliby despite the plethora of more valid targets...

Panzer: Highly lacking in original scumhunting content, active lurking, refusing to read posts, desperate for my claim, tunneling, possible links to Goat/Mykonian, an "anyone but me" mentality (could he be self-aligned?), and his lynch gives information on a lot of the game.

I may have to reconsider my priority on Goat after compiling my reasons on my top suspects, as Mykonian has a longer and more detailed list. Goat has repeat offenses and higher magnitude however, and a more transparent agenda. Then again, the lack of agenda is possibly scummy.
Aware of that. However, you are attacking him repeatedly. Assault and battery can lead to death if sustained over a period of time. ~ Cybele
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:04 am

Post by mykonian »

Zilla wrote:unexplained rise in suspicion of Panzer solely because he now claims to understand GIEFF
misrep. Panzer confirmed that his early play was as GIEFF showed it. And it is not solely, as you can see in my post: it is also this attitude of his during the end of the day.
Asking for me to claim without wanting me lynched
If someone is close to getting lynched, I want a claim. It looked like there was a majority for a lynch.
calling Goat pro-town with no evidence
Do I need that? Anyway, I feel he has done some scumhunting, he is reasonable, and I haven't been able to find anything unnatural in his play.
wanting to lynch SpringLulliby despite the plethora of more valid targets...
mmm, I don't see Spring in my top three... I already showed why I wanted to open that possibility. Maybe only to talk about it, but at least it was something, as activity dropped then.
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:07 am

Post by militant »

Zilla: Why are you not voting if you have three clear suspects in your head?

Before you ask, I have not voted yet because unlike you, I don't have any clear suspects in my head. I think this day has dragged on way too long and it would be better if we got some information and evaluated our new position tommorow. Not only would we get information due to the alignment of whoever gets lynched today but we would also learn who died during the night; that would be useful information because with so many theories on who is scum, a lot could be gained from quesioning scum's motivations in relation to whoever died if that makes sense.
[b]Lady Astor:[/b] "Winston, if you were my husband, I should flavour your coffee with poison."
[b]Churchill:[/b] "Madam, if I were your husband, I should drink it."
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:24 am

Post by mykonian »

militant wrote:Before you ask, I have not voted yet because unlike you, I don't have any clear suspects in my head. I think this day has dragged on way too long and it would be better if we got some information and evaluated our new position tommorow. Not only would we get information due to the alignment of whoever gets lynched today but we would also learn who died during the night; that would be useful information because with so many theories on who is scum, a lot could be gained from quesioning scum's motivations in relation to whoever died if that makes sense.
This means you have no suspicions at all after 37 pages? Does that mean you want a no lynch? You want to end the day, but you have no idea who to lynch. Would you like a random lynch then?
militant
militant
Goon
militant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:12 am

Post by militant »

mykonian wrote:
militant wrote:Before you ask, I have not voted yet because unlike you, I don't have any clear suspects in my head. I think this day has dragged on way too long and it would be better if we got some information and evaluated our new position tommorow. Not only would we get information due to the alignment of whoever gets lynched today but we would also learn who died during the night; that would be useful information because with so many theories on who is scum, a lot could be gained from quesioning scum's motivations in relation to whoever died if that makes sense.
This means you have no suspicions at all after 37 pages? Does that mean you want a no lynch? You want to end the day, but you have no idea who to lynch. Would you like a random lynch then?
No. Notice the use of the word
clear
. None of my suspicions are clear because I am confused after 37 pages.

Did you actually read my post?

How would we get information on today's lynch target if we had a no lynch? I'm not stupid. I don't want a random lynch because they are pointless and help scum. With more town than scum, the chances of hitting town are greater so it is not advantageous to randomly lynch. I wish to end the day because all the confusion and indecisiveness that thirty seven pages of one day has created are playing to the advantages of scum, myself a case in point. That also explains why I don't know exactly who to lynch.
[b]Lady Astor:[/b] "Winston, if you were my husband, I should flavour your coffee with poison."
[b]Churchill:[/b] "Madam, if I were your husband, I should drink it."
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:14 am

Post by springlullaby »

mykonian wrote:Did I miss something? and yes, I object to be called a lurker. I just don't want to be one, and I really try to participate in games (altough a few weeks ago I had some motivation problems), just to avoid getting called a lurker.

And then you, the person that has absolutely no right to accuse people of lurking, come here and tell me I lurk. Could you point out why? Because I absolutely don't like that label.
Actually you are right, upon verification, although I think you are at the lower participation side of town, it's not very just to call you a lurker. But don't think for an instant that I have 'no right' to accuse people of lurking.

My list is already up.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:17 am

Post by mykonian »

militant wrote:
mykonian wrote:
No. Notice the use of the word
clear
. None of my suspicions are clear because I am confused after 37 pages.

Did you actually read my post?

How would we get information on today's lynch target if we had a no lynch? I'm not stupid. I don't want a random lynch because they are pointless and help scum. With more town than scum, the chances of hitting town are greater so it is not advantageous to randomly lynch. I wish to end the day because all the confusion and indecisiveness that thirty seven pages of one day has created are playing to the advantages of scum, myself a case in point. That also explains why I don't know exactly who to lynch.
I read your post, I think you didn't completely understand the motivation behind the one where I asked for three people. I want to see if we can force this day to an end by just looking who the most people think suspicious, and that way find a lynch most of us can agree on. Even if your suspicions are not that clear, would you name them?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”