nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:46 pm

Post by nonny »

it sounds like a good plan but personally i'm not believing anyone quite yet, and will like to hear from everyone else about these investigations before anyvoting.

Question: why do you want to kill Mr. Flay? It is posilbe to have to cops isn't? And for all we know you could be insane or not?
*insert bad joke here*
Maverick
Maverick
Goon
Maverick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:52 pm

Post by Maverick »

Right now we can't depend on having insane and sane cops, I am the cop. We can't lynch wrong today, so there is no chance for town to win unless we get a lucky lynch, if we don't go Mr. Flay.

*Maverick*
justinl
justinl
Goon
justinl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:54 pm

Post by justinl »

Ok. I still don't want to vote becaues I want to make sure everyone has read what goes on and has a chance to respond in such a touchy situation.

I'm much more inclined to believe maverick, because

1) I can't see Jimi hendrix being a bad guy.
2) IS handed us two townies, the least he could have done was investigated them before he tried to lynch them so he'd know his sanity faster.
3) IS has been acting suspicious the whole game
4) It seems like Mr. Flay believed me way too easily when what I said would get him off the hook.

Then again, maverick could be trying to butter me up to get me to vote his way more easily.
justinl
justinl
Goon
justinl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:55 pm

Post by justinl »

Maverick wrote:Right now we can't depend on having insane and sane cops, I am the cop. We can't lynch wrong today, so there is no chance for town to win unless we get a lucky lynch, if we don't go Mr. Flay.
what?
Maverick
Maverick
Goon
Maverick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:06 pm

Post by Maverick »

Justinl: I ment that if we decided to believe that there is an insane cop and a sane cop, that we would have more of a chance of lynching wrong, and we can't lynch wrong today or else we're either gonna lose, or lose soon. So I'd prefer you guys believe me and lynch scum, than believe Internet Stranger and lynch the cop.

And I'm not trying to butter you up, I'm just telling you the truth, and we need to lynch scum today badly.

*Maverick*
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:03 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

Not only can Maverick NOT sound any more desperate, but im floored that you dolts would believe him.

OF COURSE he was going to claim cop, duh.

Justin, is your self esteem that low that you will let Maverick butter you up like that? Dont you see that all he is doing is gathering an ally? Then again, you could be scum. But oh no, im throwing daggers at Justin, he surely wont go along with me now!

What a load of crap. Yes, we wil lynch scum. His name is Maverick.

And Justin. I always go after people I havent investigated. I think its more efficient than wasting a day proving my sanity when the mafia will usually kill one of my targets later in the game. For Example, Tally in this game.

Lynch Maverick, he is full of crap.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Maverick
Maverick
Goon
Maverick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:09 pm

Post by Maverick »

C'mon IS, I thought you'd come up with a better lie that that.. I've always heard about you being such a good player, and all you can come up with is
Internet Stranger wrote:

What a load of crap. Yes, we wil lynch scum. His name is Maverick.
I expected more out of you.

*Maverick*
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:23 pm

There is nothing to expect, I got the cop investigation behind me. I dont need any creativity.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:56 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Maverick wrote:Sorry for the double post, by I have a new 100% sure summary:

Maverick - Innocent (cop)
KingEnigma - Innocent
Nonny -
Internet Stranger - Guilty (He claims cop, when I am cop)
Mr. Flay - Guilty
justinl -
Mastermind of Sin -

If there are two mafia members then we've definately got them, if not our odds our good, just trust me. Nonny, I trust that you are telling the truth, so please help me lynch mafia, and protect me tonight. Justinl I believe that you are town as well, so please trust me.

*Maverick*
a few things bother me about this. first of all, maverick claims to be 100% sure IS is lying, when there could be two cops in this game. Secondly, he ends his post by playing the "I believe you are innocent" card, one commonly used by scum to confuse pro-town players and make them vote the wrong way. Top this with the suspicion I already had for Maverick, and I'm not sure I believe his claim very much, especially since claiming cop is probably the only way scum could get around IS's guilty investigation.
Permanent V/LA.
Maverick
Maverick
Goon
Maverick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:01 pm

Post by Maverick »

Actually Mastermind of Sin, your the least of my worries not to believe me, because I'm not so sure your not scum with Mr. Flay and Internet Stranger. And if there are two cops then Internet Stranger is the insane cop because my roll is cop which wouldn't come up guilty in an investigation by a sane cop. Anyways, I don't really care whether you guys believe me or not, I only have a limited way of convincing you of the truth, Internet Stranger can come up with all the lies he wants.

*Maverick*
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:16 pm

Nimrods, I CANT be the insane cop. I got Tally as innocent already.
Show

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:27 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

So you *both* investigated Talitha (unsurprising, now that she's dead, and previously one of the most active players). You both got innocent for her, so you can't be insane or paranoid.

You both found one scum, conveniently last night. That means you can't be naive, so you must be sane OR lying. Unless there's some sort of roleblocker/result-shifter out there, or a random cop, which I can't really conceive of...

IS got Maverick and Mav was already on my list for killing Assassin suddenly yesterday. However Maverick says he got me as a guilty result, after IS fingered him, which means he's identified two players he feels certain are scum. If either of us isn't, we lose the game. Maverick's got it pretty easy, doesn't he? Since I'm not scum, that means he is, so
Vote: Maverick
. I was all set to vote for IS too, but then I googled his roleclaim...Andy Summers was the guitar player for The Police.

nonny, if you don't mind, it might help the town at this point to give us your name? I have a suspicion that power roles' names have *something* to do with what they do, and I can't figure out why Jimi would be a cop...
justinl wrote:4) It seems like Mr. Flay believed me way too easily when what I said would get him off the hook.
justin, what are you talking about here? I haven't believed most of what you said, in retrospect, but what did you say that 'got me off the hook'?
Retired as of October 2014.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:31 pm

Post by nonny »

It seems a little convienant for Mav that we were all waiting for a supposed counter claim. And that IS "found" him as scum. Little to convienant for my liking.
mav wrote:My night one investigation was KingEnigma - Innocent, my night two investigation was Talitha - Innocent, and my night 3 investigation was Mr. Flay - Guilty.
Maverick - Innocent (cop)
KingEnigma - Innocent
Nonny -
Internet Stranger - Guilty (He claims cop, when I am cop)
Mr. Flay - Guilty
justinl -
Mastermind of Sin -
But mav you didn't investiagte IS right? And your other investigations are of declared innocents. then there is Mr. Flay another active player who did have some suspicions on him since day one....easy lynch?

MR. Flay i'm Kurt Cobain.....

Right now I'm leaning towards believing IS.
*insert bad joke here*
Maverick
Maverick
Goon
Maverick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:51 am

Post by Maverick »

Night one I investigated KingEnigma, because there was nobody else to investigate I had no idea about who seemed scummy, so it was completely random. But Day 1 I found Talitha suspicious, but nobody else did, that night I investigated Talitha, and she came up innocent, so my only lead was demolished. Day 2 I told you guys that I had a gut feeling about Mr. Flay, I ended up voting Assasin for the final lynch only to investigate during night. So last night I investigated Mr. Flay, and sure enough it was a guilty. Now why is it today, before I even say anything Internet Stranger decides to come out as cop when he knows he's scum? I'm guessing he was thinking that I was the cop when I said I had a gut feeling about Mr. Flay, he probably thought that I was saying that just to give a clue without completely coming out, when infact it was just a lucky guess, when I had no idea at the time, IS knew that Mr. Flay was scum. So last night they kill talitha and before I can say anything he claims cop and says he investigated talitha.

Anyways, I do have to hand it to IS, and Mr. Flay.. Andy Summers, very clever.

*Maverick*
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:08 am

Maverick wrote:Night one I investigated KingEnigma, because there was nobody else to investigate I had no idea about who seemed scummy, so it was completely random. But Day 1 I found Talitha suspicious, but nobody else did, that night I investigated Talitha, and she came up innocent, so my only lead was demolished. Day 2 I told you guys that I had a gut feeling about Mr. Flay, I ended up voting Assasin for the final lynch only to investigate during night. So last night I investigated Mr. Flay, and sure enough it was a guilty. Now why is it today, before I even say anything Internet Stranger decides to come out as cop when he knows he's scum? I'm guessing he was thinking that I was the cop when I said I had a gut feeling about Mr. Flay, he probably thought that I was saying that just to give a clue without completely coming out, when infact it was just a lucky guess, when I had no idea at the time, IS knew that Mr. Flay was scum. So last night they kill talitha and before I can say anything he claims cop and says he investigated talitha.

Anyways, I do have to hand it to IS, and Mr. Flay.. Andy Summers, very clever.

*Maverick*
wait a minute, are you seriously going to claim that you were the only one suspicious of Tally day 1? didn't we go through this already? these was the whole thing with you and I voting her and you unvoting for no logical reason even though she was ur highest suspicion. remember that at all? I don't know what it is you're trying to pull, but please check your facts when you post.
Permanent V/LA.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:09 am

Hey scum,

The day started on Monday 14th at 8am. I post that day at 10pm. You had plenty of time to post yourself.

Yet, you not only had to be prodded, you waited for the Wednesday 16th to post!

You would like us to believe that this was all some surreptitious plan involving timing, but all that happened was that you fell asleep and got fingered by the cop.
Show

Maverick
Maverick
Goon
Maverick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:23 am

Post by Maverick »

MoS, I guess I should have said but not enough people did. But you completely missed the point about that, which was I had a reason to investigate Talitha, because I found her suspicious. IS never said anything about finding me suspicious, until after the Mr. Flay gut feeling thing, therefore had no reason to "investigate" me. He only said he was the cop and that he investigated me and got scum, because he thought that I was the cop.

*Maverick*
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:16 am

Post by nonny »

Mav we all know that IS doesn't play by the book why would he point out possible investigations?

And I found tal guilty also day one.

But going by deaths we have one killing group or I got lucky right? Which do you all think it is?
*insert bad joke here*
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:17 am

Maverick, IS said anyone was suspicious other than the people who he was voting for. You can look back through his posts. So therefore, it makes sense that he would investigate three of the more active or controversial players, and since he had four to choose from, I'm not surprised that you got investigated. Your actions this game have been quite controversial in my mind, and the fact that you keep misstating the facts seems like you're just digging a deeper hole for yourself. I'm not quite sure I believe IS, but your actions make you look a lot scummier to me than he does.
Permanent V/LA.
justinl
justinl
Goon
justinl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:04 am

Post by justinl »

I've been thinking about this since yesterday. I didn't want to respond until i had time to think it over, because what IS had said really pissed me off.

IS's whole argument is that he was the first one to claim. If he's scum, he would also have to be able to finger the cop to create this kind of situation, but as a player of IS's caliber, and being scum, this isn't very hard. (fingering the cop is easier as scum because cops genearlly act scummy)

If you reread, maverick is by far more innocent. IS has already handed the town 2 townies. IS was even pushing for a fast lynch on the last day in a lynch or lose situation (which he says is always his strategy)

As far as maverick thinking he was the only one suspicious of tally, it's just an observational error, not scummy.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:13 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Maverick wrote:Night one I investigated KingEnigma, because there was nobody else to investigate I had no idea about who seemed scummy, so it was completely random. But Day 1 I found Talitha suspicious, but nobody else did, that night I investigated Talitha, and she came up innocent, so my only lead was demolished. Day 2 I told you guys that I had a gut feeling about Mr. Flay, I ended up voting Assasin for the final lynch only to investigate during night. So last night I investigated Mr. Flay, and sure enough it was a guilty. Now why is it today, before I even say anything Internet Stranger decides to come out as cop when he knows he's scum?
I'm not even sure where to start tearing this apart...maybe IS came out because he was under suspicion (from Talitha, via justinl) and finally had confirmation of his sanity? Maybe IS has no life and hangs around the board a lot more often than you do?

Why investigate KE on Night One? There were a horde of better/more experienced players (no offense, KE) to verify...for instance, why not investigate IS right from the start? Your choices seem odd, even aside from the already-discussed-to-death "I was the only one who found Talitha suspicious Day One". I voted for her both days, as I recall.
Maverick wrote:Anyways, I do have to hand it to IS, and Mr. Flay.. Andy Summers, very clever.
Not really. Based on IS's name/role, my name and role, arguably nonny's name/role (assuming she's telling the truth) from a certain perverse sense of humor...and whoever had EVH the bingeing roleblocker, it makes sense that one's name *might* have something to do with one's role for the non-townies. Even if you hadn't supposedly found me guilty, I'd have a harder time seeing Jimi Hendrix as a cop than a member of The Police.

I don't know what else to tell you. You cast your net wide today and it might gain you a win, but I'm not budging my vote. KingEnigma, what about you?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:25 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Sorry for the doublepost, didn't see this...
justinl wrote:I've been thinking about this since yesterday. I didn't want to respond until i had time to think it over, because what IS had said really pissed me off.
Heh, welcome to mafiascum...he pissed me off the first game I was in with him too.
justinl wrote:IS's whole argument is that he was the first one to claim. If he's scum, he would also have to be able to finger the cop to create this kind of situation, but as a player of IS's caliber, and being scum, this isn't very hard.
Think about what you're saying here, justin. IS would have had to identify the cop and then *decide not to kill him*, as scum, for this scenario to work. Why would he leave a cop alive intentionally?
justinl wrote:If you reread, maverick is by far more innocent. IS has already handed the town 2 townies. IS was even pushing for a fast lynch on the last day in a lynch or lose situation (which he says is always his strategy)
IS wasn't the only one to "hand the town" those townies. Talitha, myself...several of us voted for both (I don't have time to go back through all 20+ pages right now). I was most suspicious of IS today until Maverick piped up... we still don't know who his partners are, but with a lynch-or-lose, did you expect IS to hold back?

nonny's still alive, assuming she's actually the doctor that gives us one more night of investigations if we judge right today. Actually, whoever the doctor is will protect the cop if they're still alive after this face-off...
justinl wrote:As far as maverick thinking he was the only one suspicious of tally, it's just an observational error, not scummy.
It was an observational error on Day One when he was first called on it, now it's just misdirection, IMO.
justinl
justinl
Goon
justinl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:42 am

Post by justinl »

Mr Flay wrote:IS would have had to identify the cop and then *decide not to kill him*, as scum, for this scenario to work. Why would he leave a cop alive intentionally?
tally was a pretty good candidate too

And yes, of course other people voted for the people who were lynched, but IS is the one who picked them out and pressed for them to get lynched. It wasn't as obvious with Assassin, but it was still definately there.
Maverick
Maverick
Goon
Maverick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:46 am

Post by Maverick »

Mr. Flay, your wrong, you and Internet Stranger surely know who my parters are, Nonny, justinl, KingEnigma, and possibly MoS, I'm not sure about.

Here is how things are right now:

Mr. Flay - Scum
Internet Stranger - Scum
Mastermind of Sin - Scum/Town
Nonny - Town/Possibly Doc
Justinl - Town
KingEnigma - Town
Maverick - Cop

Now say the scenerio is MoS is scum, if we lynch me today it's over. But if he is town then we will win as soon as you lynch me you'll know I was telling the truth and hopefully the doc (nonny) will get a lucky protection. So basically if I am lynched today town is screwed.
But I vote not to depend on either of those scenarios and lynch Mr. Flay or IS today, and tonight I'll investigate MoS for the 100% sure win.

It is in the hands of Nonny, Justinl, KingEnigma, and even MoS. So choose wisely.

--

IS, I wasn't saying that you rushed on and posted before me necisarily, I ment that you claimed cop before I had a chance to tell people my investigation last night, so now people may believe you over me just for that. I have no way of showing them that you are lying, all I can do is tell them all I know, and hope they will believe me. And I'm pretty sure you didn't kill me last night so it would turn out like this, because right now the chances of town winning are very slim, which I know you are very happy to hear. (see)

*Maverick*
Cubsfan4ever
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:06 am

Post by Cubsfan4ever »

About as offical as you can get Vote Count

Maverick- 2 (Internet Stranger, Mr. Flay)

Not Voting: justinl, KingEnigma, Mastermind of Sin, Maverick, nonny

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”