Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Zilla »

A deadline lynches the player with the most votes, right? That's one reason I'm voting you over BB. If it comes down to the wire and you're not a lynch candidate, I'll switch my vote if necessary, but until we're absolutely sure we're settling in for the deadline, I'm voting my top suspect.

Also, you went and quoted a potentially obsolete opinion. >_< Is this exactly where you stand on Birthday now? What about his interim posting?
Aware of that. However, you are attacking him repeatedly. Assault and battery can lead to death if sustained over a period of time. ~ Cybele
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by PJ. »

@GIEFF I agree that it was scummy but I'm saying the reson that Zilla found it was because she was looking for a reason to find mykonian scummy and Qwints is on that list.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by Zilla »

I'm considering something,

In the event that we don't have a bodyguard (or whatever this forum's equivalent is), and panzer is telling the truth, he will likely die by scum tonight. If he lives through the night, it's either because we have a bodyguard, he's mafia, or the mafia are trying to set him up.

Furthermore, if he is mafia, he could be using this as a ploy to draw out the real cop, even with GIEFF's plan for having us claim "not-cop." It's a matter of priorities; would the real cop counter-claim just to bag one scum, or stay silent, gambling with their lives to try to catch more scum before they are forced to cash in their chips?

I'm not sure how these scenarios should be treated, but being aware of their existence is beneficial. The entire situation here is murky, and it's all contingent on what roles town may have.

For all we know, there IS no *real* cop, or we could also have two cops, one of them paranoid.

Personally, though, I think this will all be a lot easier to discuss day 2, when panzer ought to be able to supply some kind of confirmation of being cop (if he's alive, which we really have no control over), and we'll have a night of information to go on. I think there are other targets worth considering that don't trigger the WIFOM of whether he actually is a cop or not.

The downside is that we may end up outing more power roles, and that's not a good thing to do.
Aware of that. However, you are attacking him repeatedly. Assault and battery can lead to death if sustained over a period of time. ~ Cybele
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by mykonian »

Zilla wrote:A deadline lynches the player with the most votes, right? That's one reason I'm voting you over BB. If it comes down to the wire and you're not a lynch candidate, I'll switch my vote if necessary, but until we're absolutely sure we're settling in for the deadline, I'm voting my top suspect.
I want to give a signal that there are other options. BB is the most logical, because there are a lot who wanted to lynch him. Voting for someone that is not going to be lynched, only gives of the wrong signal: you don't want to come to a conclusion, and Panzer's bandwagon stays the biggest. Something I don't want now.
Also, you went and quoted a potentially obsolete opinion. >_< Is this exactly where you stand on Birthday now? What about his interim posting?
I don't think the "you can't count, here is my top three too", as his top three was posted in that famous percentages post is a major tell. Didn't convince me he was town either. I don't think scumtells minor as that one (he accused me while I had obviously not looked for top three's before I asked for them) belong in a case against someone. So, basically, not much has changed. He has taken some weird stances too, I thought, but again, those don't belong in a case. Making a case completely out of small tells is possible, and it is just as possible to make it on town, that's why I think it is not that usefull.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by qwints »

Wow, a person about to be lynched claimed cop at deadline. I am shocked, shocked to find PR claiming going on here.

My vote stays.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by mykonian »

I have played one mini with 2 cops, so it is possible. That was named cops and robbers though, and after the game, people said that without that name it could have been a bad setup. I don't think two cops that likely. That would make a seriously powerful town.

Panzer-scum trying to out the real cop can be true. Cops are so powerful, and he can try to out the cop by this. But if there is a cc, we at least know that he is scum, and have an easy lynch, while otherwise we should believe him (again, a cop is so powerful, that it is probably worth the risk).

If Panzer is town after a counterclaim, we have foolish scum, making it easy for us :)

So I hope Panzer is town, and then we probably won't get a cc, so we can start to look for other lynch targets.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by mykonian »

qwints wrote:Wow, a person about to be lynched claimed cop at deadline. I am shocked, shocked to find PR claiming going on here.

My vote stays.
How shocking, a PR doesn't want to get lynched???

and people, some action would be nice. We got to get some other bandwagons rolling, I don't want to lynch Panzer just because he has the biggest bandwagon.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by GIEFF »

If there is a non-Panzer cop, he/she should DEFINITELY counterclaim. We likely have a protection PR. And even if we don't, the mafia may assume we do, and target another person.
mykonian wrote:How shocking, a PR doesn't want to get lynched???
Why are you assuming Panzer is really a PR?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by mykonian »

Why is qwints assuming he is scum?

Till I have seen a cc, or something in the game points on the fact that Panzer is likely scum, I'm not going to lynch a claimed cop based on weak day one reasons.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by GIEFF »

I agree we shouldn't lynch him, but you are already looking for the next lynch target, as if you're sure there wont' be a CC. There are still 6 players who haven't seen the claim yet.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by mykonian »

then it seems I have the option to back again, don't I?

GIEFF, the problem I think we will get, is that we get too close to a deadline to switch votes, seen that we get a weekend, and that we have only 3 days... Lynching Panzer is not a hard thing to do, as he has so many votes, so I'm not afraid that won't happen if there is a cc.

But what happens if he
is
the cop? Then we will have to move a bunch of votes somewhere else. That won't go easy. (based on experience, I'm lynched twice in a row, not for good reasons, and also by people who thought me town, just because I had the most votes close to a deadline. It is horrible.)
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by GIEFF »

OK, that makes sense, mykonian. Hopefully the 6 other people see the claim soon.

We have a bit less than 4 days until the deadline. If we don't have any CC's in the next day or so, B_B should claim, assuming at least 5 of the 6 others have seen the thread. I would be royally pissed off if the real cop is off in lurky-land and didn't notice a fake-claim.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by PJ. »

Unvote: Vote:Qwints
YOU DO NOT LYNCH A CLAIMED COP REGARDLESS OF CIRCUMSTANCES.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Do you know how I know you aren't really the cop, Panzer?
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by PJ. »

You don't, Cause I'm cop.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by mykonian »

GIEFF, this is probably because it is 1.44 am here, and because the word "know" is in that sentence twice, but that is a rhetorical question, right?
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Does anybody else know how I know Panzer isn't really the cop?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by mykonian »

you would have cc already, so you are probably not the cop.

Could be rolewise: you are information role too, but another kind.

could also be something in the thread, that I have missed.

GIEFF, I don't know.
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by Zilla »

A real cop wouldn't claim cop because that's the dumbest thing ever? I mean, it's kind of more based on play skill than anything, but that's what I would think.

Either that, or you're the cop, but even then, there's still the possibility of one paranoid and one sane, or two paranoid, etc.

But, no, I can't say I know how you know he's not the cop.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Maybe one of the other 6 players knows. We really need to get their input, and QUICKLY.

I am not the cop.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by mykonian »

GIEFF: can you give a hint?

and if you were so sure, why didn't you hammer? First you say we shouldn't lynch him, then you say you know he isn't the cop.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by GIEFF »

Do NOT lynch him. I need to hear from the other 6 people.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by mykonian »

never said I would. I thought I was the person here that was going to assume panzer is the cop until we got a cc.

I'm just curious about what you are doing now. Looking at Panzers posts now.
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by Zilla »

Yeah, GIEFF, this is weird. If you've got a lead, what's the harm in sharing it?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:51 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Panzerjager wrote:
Unvote: Vote:Qwints
YOU DO NOT LYNCH A CLAIMED COP REGARDLESS OF CIRCUMSTANCES.
So if scum claim cop they win the game? This is faulty.

I'm not the cop. I will however, review the posts of one Panzer Jager to investigate his claim. If his claim of cop doesn't fit with his play thus far (as in, if he's said things or implied things that don't make sense if he is a cop) then I say we lynch him. If not, then I suggest we move on to BB.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”