mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:35 am

Post by mith »

And that last one seems to be completely random, too. GH, he was voting for you for not putting the vote on mepmuff in the first place, adding it later just makes you look like you're trying to avoid suspicion harder than you're trying to find scum. And he's already unvoted you!
but I took calling my post "an insult to ass halves everywhere" as an insult.
I wasn't calling your *post* an insult, just the paragraph with "half-assed piece of evidence".
When did that become a scum move? What I was saying was "Electra's post is scummier than yours, but I'm still keeping an eye on you, moreso than everyone else." That seems pretty normal when it comes to a long back-and-forth discussion.
It's not *always* scummy. Everything depends on context. If you want to find examples though, the more information the better, it's a minor point anyway.

Anyway, now that korais has practically admitted he's scum like I said he would, here's my current list of other suspects (mostly already mentioned, but I'll want a summary for later):

Aelyn - the "largest" reason for voting someone is a mistake, and the vote stays... the justification seems an after thought.
Genocide Heart - moves into the 3 spot with that latest post, at least until he fills us in on who he's talking to.
mepmuff - still here for the "random" vote, hasn't done anything to change my mind yet.
Stewie - olio is completely right. Just because we have a "most suspicious" and they've already got a large bandwagon... that means we shouldn't even mention those who we also find suspicious? Smells of jumping on a bandwagon and justifying your vote for just that player, without looking at anyone else, which is quite scummy.

Die die die...
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:04 am

Post by Desperate Heart »

olio has, repeatedly, claimed that my activity has been similar to Gaspode's because of my reluctance to vote and I am therefore suspicious. This logic is flawed, as I have voted.

Hope that cleared things up.

And before anyone asks, I still think mepmuff's admitted random vote bandwagonry is deserving of my vote.
[i]There is only ONE god:
He is the SUN god:
Ra! Ra! Ra![/i]
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:35 am

Post by Coron »

Locus Cosecant wrote:
lazarusmoth wrote:I'm really getting the feeling that mith and korais are two townies "hypersazzing" on each other. :roll:
I've had bad experiences with that kind of assumption... nobody believed me when I told them MeMe was scum.
I agree with Locus.
So... which one are you scum with laz?
unvote vote:Laz
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:36 am

Post by Stewie »

Why are you so sure Gaspode will be lynched today?
Maybe I read in it too much, but you seem to imply that as there's a good and healthy bandwagon, we should finish it and discuss more/concentrate on others some other day.
Bandwagon ≠ Lynch. I think it's a good starting bandwagon, but I don't think it's a good lynch... yet. Furthermore, I never said, or implied, that I was *sure* that we were going to lynch/bandwagon gaspode, just that it seemed like the best course of action. Sure ≠ suggestion.
Smells of jumping on a bandwagon and justifying your vote for just that player, without looking at anyone else, which is quite scummy.
Not mentioning ≠ not looking.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:12 am

Post by mith »

This logic is flawed, as I have voted.
No, it's not, because you were prodded into it.
And before anyone asks, I still think mepmuff's admitted random vote bandwagonry is deserving of my vote.
Who would ask? I agree. Doesn't mean you're not scummy scum scum too. Heck, my second most suspicious is voting for my first, and my third is voting for my fourth. Fun stuff, maybe you scum will wipe each other out and leave the rest of us alone.
Not mentioning ≠ not looking.
And we only have your word that you were looking if you don't mention it. I'm not saying I'd vote for you for this, particularly not with 4 better candidates, but mentioning things you think of and notice can only help the town, and not bringing it up in this case is suspicious.
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:15 am

Post by olio »

What can I say, as mith said it all already. Well, I can always ask more questions :)
Genocide Heart wrote:olio has, repeatedly, claimed that my activity has been similar to Gaspode's because of my reluctance to vote and I am therefore suspicious. This logic is flawed, as I have voted.
If I accuse you of not voting and you vote after that, does it nullify the reason behind my accusation? To make it crystal-clear I give you a hypothetical situation:
1. On Tuesday you don't go to school
2. On Wednesday I accuse you for not going to school on Tuesday
3. On Thursday you go to school
Now, does "3" make "2" untrue?

Stewie, when does a good starting bandwagon turn to a good lynch?
Not mentioning = no-one else but you knows about it.
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:00 am

Post by Gaspode »

Just so you know, I'm still here, a post is coming tonight or tomorrow, depending on when I get home tonight.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:09 pm

Post by Stewie »

olio wrote: Stewie, when does a good starting bandwagon turn to a good lynch?
Not mentioning = no-one else but you knows about it.
1. There isn't a specific time... it just does, at some point. For example, if we keep talking and gaspode says more suspicious stuff. Or if he claims and the claim is bad. There are many situations in which it can go from good bandwagon to good lynch. Of course, he can make a good claim, in which case he becomes a bad lynch and an useless bandwagon. A bandwagon is a way of knowing if a person is a good lynch or not, at least as I see it.
2. Well, although everyone else doesn't necessarely know about it, the information is still in the thread. If it'll make you happy, I'll say that if I had to take my vote off gaspode for one reason or another, I'd probably vote for GH or korais. Not before rereading, of course. But I rather like concentrating on one person, it makes it a bit easier, at least for me.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:27 pm

Post by Polotet »

Double post by Gaspode deleted for your reading pleasure.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:14 am

Post by Gaspode »

Again, sorry for the double post, I don't really know what's going on with my PC and/or the site.

Anyway, from a quick skim of the thread, it seems that Stewie is extremely hung up on word choice and ignoring the main ideas of people's posts. If your wording is so specific that it needs clarifying, please clarify in that post, so we know you're not just trying to change your meaning after you make a post.

Now I haven't looked excruciatingly closely at the situation, but can someone please tell me how korais has "virtually admitted that he's scum"? I see some suspicious stuff in his posts, but nothing that definite. Maybe I'm just imperceptive.

Now we have made a lot of progress, but it's basically the same ten people that have been posting all day. Where are all the lurkers? Start posting, people!
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:04 am

Post by Stewie »

Again, sorry for the double post, I don't really know what's going on with my PC and/or the site.

:)
If your wording is so specific that it needs clarifying,
Huh? How would that work? :?
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:24 pm

Post by Coron »

Gaspode wrote: Anyway, from a quick skim of the thread, it seems that Stewie is extremely hung up on word choice and ignoring the main ideas of people's posts.
Main ideas are barely important until you've lynched someone.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:55 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

If you don't know why I'm posting, just look three above this and think for a sec. Or just read it.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:59 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

can we get a vote count-
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:50 am

Post by mith »

Now I haven't looked excruciatingly closely at the situation, but can someone please tell me how korais has "virtually admitted that he's scum"?
I was being a bit silly, obviously, but I was talking about:
koraisScumScumScum wrote:Anyway, I see what you're trying to say now
Which seems odd to me, as most of what I was "trying" to say was that he's scum (and why). Yet, now that he finally understands my reasons, he appears to have no defense for them.
Now we have made a lot of progress, but it's basically the same ten people that have been posting all day. Where are all the lurkers? Start posting, people!
I'll second that.
Huh?

I just took a quick look at Coron's posts thus far. All incredibly short, and pretty much fluff. Considering how much as been posted so far, I'd expect at least *some* content in posts beyond "I don't think that's suspicious" or "I agree" or whatever he was trying to say in that last post.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:46 am

Post by Seol »

Coron wrote:
Gaspode wrote: Anyway, from a quick skim of the thread, it seems that Stewie is extremely hung up on word choice and ignoring the main ideas of people's posts.
OK, I'm going to have a go at interpreting this. I think Coron means:

At this point in the game, we don't know who's allied to who, we have no roleclaim-based information, we have absolutely nothing by which we can implicate one person over another that's actually based on
facts
. Therefore, all we can look for are tells - indications that people are being motivated by scummy motives rather than honourable pro-town motives.

Once we
have
lynched someone, then we can look back and see if there are any voting patterns, people rushing to support people we now know are scums, look at who was nightkilled and who they were attacking and have a slightly more informed approach. But today, such principles that will probably serve us well in the future are next-to-useless, today we
have
to pick over word choices and such subtleties because it's all we have, unless we're lucky enough to have someone basically admit they're scum.

On the subject of Gaspode, I'm wary - he seems hugely concerned about the risk of lynching cops or docs, and that seems to be his logic is to give everybody a little slack - well, to be frank, there's too much slack at the moment, nobody's under any pressure and we're not getting anywhere. I'm also aware of the possibility that Gaspode's trying to set up an opportunity for a later cop/doc claim in his own defence.

Nope, I'd say that day 1 you've just got to keep going on base suspicion until/unless something better comes up. Whilst I'm not hugely fond of Korais at the moment, I'm picking up stronger scum vibes from Gaspode, who seems to be trying to shoot down the whole methodology of looking for tells that a) is all we really have today and b) pointed us in his direction in the first place.

Vote: Gaspode
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:28 am

Post by Coron »

I would like to hire Seol as my official translator.

I agree with the fact that lurkers need to post more.

I'm currently uncertain about the gaspode wagon, I will go to check on how suspicious the posts looked after looking over my other games.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:31 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

[channelling IS' ghost] All of you, grow a sack and lynch Gaspode so we can get on with the game![/cig]

:mrgreen:
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:55 am

Would you all have been happier if I
didn't
vote after olio asked me?

Either response can be described as scummy behavior (Not voting even more so), making my response a very poor gauge of whether or not I'm worthy of suspicion. Sort of like asking me if I've stopped beating my wife is a poor question when trying to determine whether or not I'm a wife beater.

Although you can still argue, of course, that not immediately voting for mepmuff in the first place was suspicious. I've no defense against
that
except asking why, exactly, not being quick to place a vote (Even tthough I was voicing my suspcions) is scummy.

So. How scummy is not being quick to place a vote?
He is the SUN god:
Ra! Ra! Ra![/i]
Desperate Heart
Desperate Heart
Townie
Desperate Heart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:19 am

Wow. Three posts while mine was being written, teaches me to leave a post half-finished while I eat lunch.

Anyway, I'll agree with Seol that Gaspode's insistence that everyone slow down and be less suspicious is scummy behavior, but I disagree that it's the scummiest thing we've seen so far.

I still think mepmuff's behavior was just downright idiotic, and even if we forgive that as a very stupid mistake Korais may be a better lynch than Gaspode.
He is the SUN god:
Ra! Ra! Ra![/i]
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:26 am

Post by Electra »

Aelyn's post is pretty curious to me. Voting entirely based on what mith said leaves him open to shifting the blame.

Gaspode hasn't really done anything nonsuspicious yet, but I will
unvote
because I don't feel comfortable pursuing a lynch on him anymore.

What's up with that vote, Coron?
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:27 am

Post by Coron »

I still disagree with the Gaspode wagon.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:40 am

Post by Aelyn »

Electra wrote:Aelyn's post is pretty curious to me. Voting entirely based on what mith said leaves him open to shifting the blame.
Aelyn wrote:Regarding the Korais situation: This intrigues me. Korais seems to have hugely over-reacted to what seemed to me to be early-game banter, and then grew angry when he was challenged about that. That seems to me to either be scummy, or simply be an indication that recently Korais has been very much over-tired.
This is me relying on Mith's reasoning, is it :lol:
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:43 am

Post by Seol »

Electra wrote:Aelyn's post is pretty curious to me. Voting entirely based on what mith said leaves him open to shifting the blame.

unvote
Now that's interesting. You found him suspicious enough to vote for once, he "hasn't really done anything nonsuspicious yet", but you're not comfortable pursuing a lynch? What exactly do you want, then?

Or were you just trying to put a "fake", throw-us-off-the-scent scum buddy vote on Gaspode for later reference, and now you're concerned he might actually be getting close to a lynch (he still needs approximately infinity votes, though)?

FOS: Electra

Hey, I like this game, the scum are easy to spot!
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:47 am

Post by Electra »

Seol wrote:

unvote
Now that's interesting. You found him suspicious enough to vote for once, he "hasn't really done anything nonsuspicious yet", but you're not comfortable pursuing a lynch? What exactly do you want, then?

Or were you just trying to put a "fake", throw-us-off-the-scent scum buddy vote on Gaspode for later reference, and now you're concerned he might actually be getting close to a lynch (he still needs approximately infinity votes, though)?

FOS: Electra

Hey, I like this game, the scum are easy to spot!
Er, just history. Gaspode hasn't done anything nonsuspicious, but he hasn't done anything more suspicious either. I've had a history of going after someone without considering their posts from a town perspective after their initial scummy posts.

And like you said, he's not anywhere near a lynch yet, and it's not like there's a consensus that he's the one to lynch. O.o So how does unvoting make me Mafia?

Aelyn - But your summary was "Mith reasoning v. strong. yup."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”