Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

EBWOP: as in "may have blocked a kill submitted by veerus".
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:30 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Actually, I didn't revive as mafia. Which is another reason this game is a travesty.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:39 am

Post by populartajo »

I received information that we are whack-a-moling today. Just FYI.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:01 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh good. You all can whack a mole me and see I'm telling the truth.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:02 am

Post by populartajo »

But I want to investigate Tar.
Call me Tajo.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:26 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Nyeh, do what you will then. I honestly don't care.

Oh, you know another problem with alignment switching revivals? I could totally sell out my previous partner and still technically win. I'm sure everyone would enjoy that.

The good news for my previous partner is I'm not a bitch. But I have another reason to despise this game now. As I said, it's a travesty.
-StrangerCoug

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:55 am

Post by populartajo »

forbiddanlight wrote:
Nyeh, do what you will then. I honestly don't care.

Oh, you know another problem with alignment switching revivals? I could totally sell out my previous partner and still technically win. I'm sure everyone would enjoy that.

The good news for my previous partner is I'm not a bitch. But I have another reason to despise this game now. As I said, it's a travesty.
Tell us tell us. Do it for your team, unless you are scum of course.
Call me Tajo.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:42 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Do you realize how unethical that would be? Fine, let's do this the mafia way.

Everyone who is a townie should vote to determine whether I reveal my previous partner's name!
-StrangerCoug

MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:08 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Vote Nati

FL:Reveals partner
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by Isacc »

Forgive me, but what is "Wack-a-moling"? xD

Alright, something I never got a chance to call people out for the last day, that I feel needed to be addressed: the end of the last day was so unbelievably retarded that I felt utterly lost on my original scum-suspects, because almost everyone was acting like a crazy/ridiculous fool. Here is why.

Tar: Suspects Veerus, makes quite the case, fairly strong one too. Continues to interrogate Veerus (with a lot of speculation...that bothers me, but that's a differnt issue) until finally he makes a post that seems to start out as a "Got you" at Veerus, and concludes with "Isacc should hammer." Wtf? Wasn't your whole argument against Veerus? How did that lead to hammering me?

He quickly after says that either Veerus or me is neutral and MafiaSSK is scum, again seeming kinda out of nowhere.

URoE: Is after Tar most of the time he is here, makes many arguments against him, and then suddenly after a short absence says he's for me hammering. Again, this came out of nowhere. Oh yeah, and then he says Veerus or me. When did Veerus suddenly jump on your suspect list? Let's not forget he still maintains suspicions of Tar at the end of the day, according to his posts.

Veerus: Is strongly pro-Tar lynch after Tar's attack on him, then the page before the deadline, he says he's for Illumina lynch. And then he's for Tajo lynch, second to Illumina, with Tar all the way in third. Switching out of nowhere, AGAIN.

Illumina: Is on Veerus for a good portion, then suddenly when Tar switches over to me, he says he's ok with me getting lynched. No real case made, just agrees with Tar I guess.

To all this I say, WTF? People were flip-flopping with nearly no reasoning like crazy, just dancing around so that at one point I had forgotten who made arguments against who. I mean, did I miss some mod-pm commanding that everyone switch targets partway through the day?

Ironically, the only person in game I would expect to act so flaily is MafiaSSK, which is the only person through the day who made any sense to me.

Now, in terms of today, Tar's argument against SSK seems odd. He seems to present both a good and bad interpretation of MafiaSSK's comment, and then suspects him for the bad interpretation without asking for clarification.
Tar wrote:Thanks for claiming Mafia, we'll deal with you ASAP. And by ASAP I mean "tomorrow", since forbiddanlight is
presumably the Mafia Roleblocker and I can deal with you at end of day.
Ok, this just screamed in my face. Check this out:
FL was already alive once, and wasn't the role-blocker then. What evidence did you have, at all, that he was a role-blocker now?
And even more importantly, how do you plan to "deal with" MafiaSSK at the end of the day? As far as you've told us, you are a roleblocker. Are you claiming you have some sort of kill? Or do you know SSK is metal, and if so, how?

Also, this game has lost a lot of it's flare, so I wouldn't mind
FL: Reveal partner
. Though, I can't help but not trusting anything you reveal, as I highly doubt you've switched alignments.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Isacc wrote:Forgive me, but what is "Wack-a-moling"? xD
Lynch a person but its actually an inspect shown to everyone and the day continues.

I also agree with the rest of your post.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by Isacc »

Ooooh, so our "lynch" is like a cop investigation that we vote on?

In that case, I say
Vote:Tarhalindur

Along with the switching of targets so frequently, he has speculated out the wahzoo yesterday, a strategy which I have (especially recently) found extremely suspicious more often than not. His theories of potential game-setup changed so frequently, and were so many in number, that it seems more likely an attempt to confuse us beyond reason rather than to help us lynch scum.

Also, Natirasha hinted that Tar-lynch would give us answers. Now we can get those answers without having to risk a kill yet. I want to know what the mysterious Tar is hiding, and why he is playing so strangely, so I say, go for a Tar-whack.
Show

Check out my machinima:
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Right. I do think it only works with one person.
Unvote, vote Tar
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by veerus »

what's the vote count? FL should reveal partner (it's in her best interest since she'd end the game quicker) and should hammer Nat/MM.

vote: Tar
for the investigation, and btw, i didn't use any abilities last night, but thanks for playing.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:07 pm

Post by Illumina »

Tar in 450 wrote: I think the best plan is the following.

Nat had a supersaint ability the last time he was playing. We can't trust Nat being town this time around. Why not lynch Nat and use the hammer vote as a second lynch?
Isacc in 451, the next post wrote: That doesn't sound like a bad idea. Since Nat apparently can't vote anyone or support a lynch, he's more dangerous than not, and I think that he may very well be scum, so I think the safest bet is to do that. Takes out a potential scum/danger, as well as the person that we want lynched.
Isacc: do you no longer believe what you said here? You seemed to agree that Nat could be scum, potentially armed with all the information about the game. Now when Nat suggests what town should do (i.e., Tar), you're in favor? What changed?

Also, Isacc, I've stated earlier why I'd be happy with either you or veerus hammering, as you were my main suspects. In that case, it isn't really flip-flopping or flailing as you're trying to make it out to be.

I've never heard of this whack-a-mole mechanic being used, but perhaps we should be voting forbiddanlight so we can verify her alignment. Seems like a guaranteed way to find scum today.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:55 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I've never heard of this whack-a-mole mechanic being used, but perhaps we should be voting forbiddanlight so we can verify her alignment. Seems like a guaranteed way to find scum today.

As I said, feel freely.
-StrangerCoug

Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

17th Vote Count

Illumina():
Tarhalindur(2): Isacc, veerus
Populartajo():
Isacc():
Natirasha/MM(3): Tarhalindur, Illumina, MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK():
veerus():
UnofficialRulerofEveryone():
Forbiddanlight():

FoS Count
Illumina():
Tarhalindur():
Populartajo():
Isacc():
Natirasha():
MafiaSSK(Tarhalindur):
veerus():
Forbiddanlight():
The end justifies the means.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by Isacc »

Isacc: do you no longer believe what you said here? You seemed to agree that Nat could be scum, potentially armed with all the information about the game. Now when Nat suggests what town should do (i.e., Tar), you're in favor? What changed?
What changed? We aren't going to kill our lynch target today (or our first one). So, it doesn't hurt to investigate a person who we were hinted at by the mod.

Do I fully trust the mod? Hell no. Am I going to ignore him entirely? That would be simply foolish.

Also, I am against investigating FL. She is already not trusted, and judging by her attitude won't be too helpful in revealing her partner. Her threat level, if scum, is minimal. We could always find whatever other scum exist, and if the game doesn't end, lynch her.

However, Tar is a dangerous player in the game. He is driving
a lot
of the arguments here, has been pushing all game for various lynches whom many of you (including myself) have been persuaded to agree with, by him. However, I can't help but feel like there's something off about the way he is playing, especially recently.

So let's investigate
him
so that the mystery is solved. Either we'll learn he's been fooling us all along, stopping us from foolishly listening to him; or, we'll learn that he really is telling the truth and then one of our strongest players (two Scum hits so far, FTW) is trustworthy, and can possibly lead us to the win.
Show

Check out my machinima:
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:10 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

MafiaSSK wrote:Right. I do think it only works with one person.
Unvote, vote Tar
Oh dear, this didn't show up on the vote count... testing, testing, one two three, I hope everybody who played in Mind Screw 3 now knows why I'm doing this...

Unvote, Vote: Tar

NOBODY ELSE VOTE FOR NATIRASHA UNLESS WE ARE SURE WE ARE LYNCHING HIM.

In other news... I'm torn. As a player, I want forbiddanlight to claim scum partner on the off chance she's telling the truth. As a moderator, I don't, since then, in order to be even remotely consistent about my scumbuddy claim policy, I would have to permaban forbiddanlight from my games. (Also, scumbuddy claims have ALWAYS been modkillable in my games, so it's a safe bet they are modkillable here as well. Not that I would necessarily be adverse to a forbiddanlight modkill.)

As for Isacc - forbiddanlight's original role name was Mafia Temptress. If that's not a roleblock or similar I don't know what is.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:12 pm

Post by Isacc »

As for Isacc - forbiddanlight's original role name was Mafia Temptress. If that's not a roleblock or similar I don't know what is.
Right, I remember now. The old "Prostitute" for roleblocker thing...I did forget that. I will forgive you on this now.

However, I disagree with the idea that she is a roleblocker (or at least, all a roleblocker). When Vi died after her he was described as "committed suicide," which reminds me of the flavor for lovers, hence my not thinking roleblocker.
Show

Check out my machinima:
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:28 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

I made an error in the last vote count. Since I can't edit it, here's another one:

18th Vote Count

Illumina():
Tarhalindur(4): Isacc, MafiaSSK, veerus, Tarhalindur
Populartajo():
Isacc():
Natirasha/MM(1): Illumina
MafiaSSK():
veerus():
Forbiddanlight():

FoS Count
Illumina():
Tarhalindur():
Populartajo():
Isacc():
Natirasha():
MafiaSSK(1): Tarhalindur
veerus():
Forbiddanlight():
The end justifies the means.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ok, well, I essentially have a majority to claim.

M-M, please replace me

This town took part in deplorable behavior. You seriously want me to screw someone who has no right being screwed because the mechanics of this game are broken? You all are horrible people. Please, be ashamed of yourself.

I don't care what my replacement does, but I'm sick of this game, and was happy when I was lynched the first time. I didn't WANT to be brought back into the game, and I'm irritated that I was.

Oh, and since you all seem to want it so much,
Vote Tar
-StrangerCoug

veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:56 am

Post by veerus »

Tarhalindur wrote: In other news... I'm torn. As a player, I want forbiddanlight to claim scum partner on the off chance she's telling the truth. As a moderator, I don't, since then, in order to be even remotely consistent about my scumbuddy claim policy, I would have to permaban forbiddanlight from my games. (Also, scumbuddy claims have ALWAYS been modkillable in my games, so it's a safe bet they are modkillable here as well. Not that I would necessarily be adverse to a forbiddanlight modkill.)
But if a role is designed to turn from mafia to town, then it's the fault in the design, not the player... Right?
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

forbiddanlight wrote:Ok, well, I essentially have a majority to claim.

M-M, please replace me

This town took part in deplorable behavior. You seriously want me to screw someone who has no right being screwed because the mechanics of this game are broken? You all are horrible people. Please, be ashamed of yourself.

I don't care what my replacement does, but I'm sick of this game, and was happy when I was lynched the first time. I didn't WANT to be brought back into the game, and I'm irritated that I was.

Oh, and since you all seem to want it so much,
Vote Tar
THE MOD NEEDS TO SUFFER.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:51 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

veerus wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote: In other news... I'm torn. As a player, I want forbiddanlight to claim scum partner on the off chance she's telling the truth. As a moderator, I don't, since then, in order to be even remotely consistent about my scumbuddy claim policy, I would have to permaban forbiddanlight from my games. (Also, scumbuddy claims have ALWAYS been modkillable in my games, so it's a safe bet they are modkillable here as well. Not that I would necessarily be adverse to a forbiddanlight modkill.)
But if a role is designed to turn from mafia to town, then it's the fault in the design, not the player... Right?
Yeah.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”