Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:09 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

DarkLight140 wrote:Question: Is the deadline still in effect, with this new development? It changes my thoughts a bit.

I'd have to agree with Mastermind of Sin that, while JDTAY is hardly the most innocent-looking player at the moment, we should probably drop his bandwagon purely on the basis of Coron trying to lynch him. While it's certainly possible that he was part of a different group or is an SK, I don't think that's as likely as Coron trying to toss a lynch onto anyone not his pal, and certainly I'm crossing JDTAY off my list of possible townies, as Coron certainly doesn't seem like one to play that deep of a game.

As for who we should look at now, well, I'm inclined to take a closer look at the people on the JDTAY bandwagon (Mastermind of Sin, commify, Coron, KingEnigma, PeaceBringer). While certainly the town may not have tried to push for his lynch with all their members, it's worth thinking about. As PeaceBringer was in on that, had been under suspicion for his posts, and ALSO, Coron specifically pushed JDTAY over PeaceBringer (this could merely be his opinions on who the best lynchee from his side's view was, but it could be more sinister). I'm not quite willing to commit to a vote, but I'd certainly like to get people's opinions as to the strength of this evidence.

In case someone missed it, the number of players alive dropped to 13, and therefore dropped the number to lynch to 7, rather than 8 as it was before. Careful.
I'd like to point out that, while I'm not scum, I also pushed for JDTAY over Peacebringer since JDTAY seemed scummier on a much higher level.
Permanent V/LA.
commify
commify
Townie
commify
Townie
Townie

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:41 am

Post by commify »

I'm gonna
unvote JDTAY
now. Because I thought he was being scummy, but... A bunch of people voted for him afterwards, and I couldn't help but wonder if some of them were townies. And since Coron
was
a townie...
Vote early and vote often.
-Al Capone
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:13 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Wow . . .that was pretty nice aim.
Unvote Jdtay
because I agree that it's unlikely Coron would push such a bandwagon that wasn't necesary.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:14 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

on a fellow townie i mean
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:34 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

I agree, amazing aim for the vig.

It's good to hear that you fellas are considering a PB or MoS lynch. I definitely think we should pursue this line of suspicion.
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:40 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

DarkLight140 wrote:Question: Is the deadline still in effect, with this new development? It changes my thoughts a bit.
I will retract the deadline, since discussion has picked up.

Vote Count:

2 JDTAY (KingEnigma, PeaceBringer)
2 Mastermind of Sin (olliep13, lazarusmoth)
2 PeaceBringer (Thesp, Mastermind of Sin)
1 commify (JDTAY)

7 to lynch.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:44 am

lazarusmoth wrote:I agree, amazing aim for the vig.

It's good to hear that you fellas are considering a PB or MoS lynch. I definitely think we should pursue this line of suspicion.
still want to lynch the doc, eh? not that I'll live much longer, anyways...
Permanent V/LA.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:26 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Between them, Peacebringer is still by far the better choice.
Vote peacebringer
now that there's room to do it.
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:41 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

While I'm a bit reluctant to go ahead with five people not voting and several not speaking much, I'd really, really rather this not stall again. Therefore, I'll go along with my thoughts and the trend, and
vote PeaceBringer
now, rather than wait for everyone.

A note that his last post was nine days ago... defending yourself might be a good thing, about now, yes?
To be Continued...
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:07 am

Post by Thesp »

DarkLight140 wrote:A note that his last post was nine days ago... defending yourself might be a good thing, about now, yes?
I was thinking along these lines as well. It's odd that he still hasn't said anything from the moment he became a lynch possibility to now when he seems to be a serious lynch possibility. He was onboard with Coron, confirmed townie, to lynch JDTay, and while this certainly doesn't clear JDTay (and certainly doesn't mean all those voting JDTay are townie, or else we're really in trouble!), it does raise the suspicion bar even higher for Peacebringer.

I'm still happy with my vote on him.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:30 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Unvote: And rather then wait for folks to get me closer to lynch points, since there is such a rush. I am spy. I have to go look at PMs to see who followed. I know I did GH.

unvote, Vote Thesp
in the meantime.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:33 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Only 2 nights so far or I only followed twice.

Previous night followed Locus Cosecant- Promafia

Last night Followed GH. Promafia.

No would you kindly unvote. JDTay was one pushing votes on a claimed goon that made no sense to me.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:03 pm

I'm not sure I believe it...it's too convenient, since both his investigations are dead...and yes, I'm more suspicious of JDTAY, but the situation with Coron makes me leery of voting for him atm.
Permanent V/LA.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:43 pm

Post by Thesp »

Unvote Peacebringer
for now, with reservation to change back. I'm still uncertain, but let's not turbolynch him. Odd way to act for a cop.

Why the vote for me, PeaceBringer? Continuing the unexplained votes is still not a good play tactic. Please please please, be helpful here!
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:51 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Unvote Peacebringer

Seems clean to me. Certainly no basis to vote a claimed cop.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:02 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Um...I lied when I said I'd be done quick...stuff's come up...so I'll be done hopefully pretty soon, just not now, so yeah...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:28 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Well... I suppose an
unvote PeaceBringer
is in order. While I find the state of his targets a bit disturbing, I'd be willing to bet that a mafia would chance an innocent naming of a random live person. Also, he claimed disturbingly easily, but... for now, at least, he's not worth following for a lynch.

I don't know if we should continue on as we've been. While I don't see anyone new as too suspicious right now, but continuing on and bandwagoning KE and commify for being on the JDTAY bandwagon with Coron may very well lead to another pair of roleclaimed people and leave us back here as before. I don't think we want that, but then, where to turn? Anyone have any ideas?
To be Continued...
commify
commify
Townie
commify
Townie
Townie

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:50 pm

Post by commify »

DarkLight140 wrote:I don't know if we should continue on as we've been. While I don't see anyone new as too suspicious right now, but continuing on and bandwagoning KE and commify for being on the JDTAY bandwagon with Coron may very well lead to another pair of roleclaimed people and leave us back here as before. I don't think we want that, but then, where to turn? Anyone have any ideas?
MoS also voted for JDTAY...
-Al Capone
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:36 pm

yeah, wtf? this is the second time you failed to mention my involvement with the JDTAY wagon, when I practically started it!
unvote, VOTE: DarkLight140
because something weird seems to be going on here.
Permanent V/LA.
commify
commify
Townie
commify
Townie
Townie

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:07 am

Post by commify »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:yeah, wtf? this is the second time you failed to mention my involvement with the JDTAY wagon, when I practically started it!
unvote, VOTE: DarkLight140
because something weird seems to be going on here.
Weird, maybe. But not necessarily scummy. Is there a reason why he would fail to mention it?
-Al Capone
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:48 am

why he's doing this escapes me, but there's no way he could've made the same mistake twice in a row, especially since he's usually very observant and reads every post, and I already called him on the omission once before. I don't know what's going on, but I want to find out, and I can't think of any pro-town reason to do this.
Permanent V/LA.
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:54 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Of the people on the JDTAY wagon, two have now claimed (Mastermind of Sin, PeaceBringer). Since both seem to have valuble roles, presumably lynching them isn't on the table. If you care to lynch the claimed bodyguard, then I suppose you'd better bring forth your reasons, but I was under the impression that we were silently filing Mastermind of Sin's JDTAY vote away mentally and then going after the people who are more of unknown quantities.

In fact, my entire post was about the value or lack thereof of bandwagoning people who voted JDTAY into more roleclaims. What's not to get?
To be Continued...
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:29 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Ok all done.

Things I've picked up on in Mafia Mafia:

Sorry I don't have much (well, much actual content), most of the people I wanted to comment to were already dead :P

Coron and MoS have nothing better to do but spam eachother for 2 hours. And they have chemistry.

You can't use the internet to catch fish with and it gets your computer wet.

I'm actually very surprised Day 1 went on for so long.

Nobody ever says, "But look! I can't be scum, I voted for him?"

Question! Voting record? Que es?

On day two, although I probably would have sided with Maximus, I actually am curious why people still were thinking HM was scum. Because I think relatively few thought he was scum on day 1 and he was just appatizing for the safe lynch.

As for establishing new metagaming policy, trying to change the way people play is like trying to change the weather.

Both Peacebringer and JDTay are playing thier respective playstyles. However, I'm more suspicious of JDtay with his little, "trust me. Keep me alive for a few days, you'll see..." post.

Holy crud! We got day-vigged...good job whoever you are...

**end**

Now that MoS is a claimed doc, PB is a claimed cop, and JDtay is a claimed something, where do we go from here? I'm a little iffy on PB's claim, but not enough so to disbelieve it.

I'm actually most suspicious of Laz. Although I'd think with three kills, the doc is pretty likely to go down, mafia is full of twists and turns. Hell, everything's backwards anyway. And I'm curious about why HM was scummy on day two.

Vote Lazerusmoth
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:51 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Vote Lazarus Moth
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:00 am

holy crap I totally forgot about Lazarusmoth. He's been doing the whole "I'm trying to look like I'm not lurking while lurking" thing while chanting about how I should be lynched in nearly every post, but I sort of shut him out since I had higher suspicions at the time.
unvote, VOTE: Lazarusmoth
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”