ITT we fawn over pretty girls

This forum is for discussion about anything else.

Which is more demeaning?

Being told you're beautiful
14%
Being told you're downright unnatractive
86%

Total votes: 83

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

ITT we fawn over pretty girls

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:38 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Which is more demeaning?

1) Being told you're beautiful (when in reality you may be slightly above average :shock: ).

2) Being told you're downright unnatractive in an effort to stop people from focussing on physical appearance.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #3 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:47 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Well, anyone is entitled to their opinion. But why object to someone telling a girl they're pretty?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:53 am

Post by elvis_knits »

elvis_knits wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:For the most part, with a very few exceptions, every girl who has ever posted in this thread is at best slightly above average, and
most of them are downright unattractive
How is this not an insult?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #9 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:18 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I think it's funny how two people voted the stupid option. I wonder which two?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #15 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:41 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm really trying to be honest about how I saw things go down, not force people to accept my position.

I haven't seen one good explanation for why tajo saying someone is beautiful is somehow bad or wrong. I haven't seen one good explanation for how saying "most of the girls who post in this thread are downright unnatractive" is not an insult.

My point is that Shea has some problem with tajo and others telling a girl she's pretty. While making his point, he said most of the girls in the thread are unattractive. That is a far bigger insult.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #17 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:52 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I knew the context, thanks. I fail to see how it's creepy. I've seen people be creepy. That wasn't creepy.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #27 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:59 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Elvis, let it go.
I'm defending your right to tell girls they are pretty, dammit. Work with me here...
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #32 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:06 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I think most of the people in this thread are sick freaks who kick puppies.

Nobody can be offended because I didn't name any names. If you take offense you are admitting you are a sick freak who kicks puppies. Also, I'm just being honest.

Love me!
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #40 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:25 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Green Crayons wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I think most of the people in this thread are sick freaks who kick puppies.

Nobody can be offended because I didn't name any names. If you take offense you are admitting you are a sick freak who kicks puppies. Also, I'm just being honest.

Love me!
See, you think you're making your point but you've made mine/Shea's/JDodge's(?). That statement shouldn't offend anyone here - there's no reason for anyone to think that it's being addressed specifically at them. It's an opinion of the quality of most of the people who post in this thread, and one that's even less subjective than Shea's. If anyone takes offense to an opinion that just so happens to also be a general insult when there's no indicator as to who that opinion is being specifically directed to, the fault is with the individual for making the assumption that they are the one being insulted.
Are you an android/robot?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #43 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:33 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Look, I don't care about that part, but Shea clearly meant virgin as an insult. So why shouldn't tajo take it as one?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #63 (isolation #10) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:54 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I thought "The 40 Year Old Virgin" was a good movie. And I think Steve Carell is hot.

So there.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #67 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:05 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Brandi wrote:I love you Elvis! I have never seen a picture of you and thus I am forced to believe that you are in fact the cute puppy in your avatar. And who couldn't love thaaaaaaaat. Also I voted the second option. =P
I <3 you too Brandi.

And yes, I am a dog.

(Will anyone take the bait?? :wink: )
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #69 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:06 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Post a pic, shaft.ed!
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #70 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:11 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Tell me this isn't hot:

Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #75 (isolation #14) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:43 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Just be careful not to catch any STDs shaft.ed.
I'll be sure to test my wife more frequently.
Exactly my point.
hahaha
I've been tested. I didn't give her anything.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #77 (isolation #15) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:47 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Nobody can resist shaft.ed's wife. Especially when she has her period.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #81 (isolation #16) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:00 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I still don't see how telling someone they're beautiful could be demeaning. It doesn't mean that you don't have other qualities that the person appreciates, or even deems more important. Telling someone they're pretty after you see a picture of them is not the same thing as saying "wow you are pretty, but so stupid! lol you are just a pretty face."
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #82 (isolation #17) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:00 am

Post by elvis_knits »

shaft.ed wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:Nobody can resist shaft.ed's wife. Especially when she has her period.
which just started today strangely enough. she was quite late
OMG we're synced.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #85 (isolation #18) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:55 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Shut up you're wrong and I'm right and it has nothing to do with my period or bitchiness that accompanies said period.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #127 (isolation #19) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:11 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Green Crayons:

No.

Not everyone has been in agreement in the thread, and the people who have been respectful haven't gotten shit for disagreeing. I value their opinions and am happy to debate. But there is a difference between being honest and being honest in a way that is obviously going to be hurtful to others.

I'm not trying to be the thought police, and I don't think anyone else here is either. Everyone should feel free to be a dick if that's what they want to do. But don't expect me to like it. And don't expect me to be quiet about it. Free speech goes both ways, buddy.

And the fact that you think this thread is not what the original conversation is about, just shows me how you fail to grasp what the original conversation was about.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #132 (isolation #20) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:10 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Green Crayons wrote:
elvis wrote:Not everyone has been in agreement in the thread, and the people who have been respectful haven't gotten shit for disagreeing. I value their opinions and am happy to debate. But there is a difference between being honest and being honest in a way that is obviously going to be hurtful to others.
Mhm.
populartajo wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I think it's funny how two people voted the stupid option. I wonder which two?
I think its obvious.
People, you have to learn that its a cool thing to admit you are wrong instead of keeping pushing it.
- "Hey, if you chose the option that goes against what I obviously forced to be the 'correct' answer, then you're stupid."
- "Hurr durr. Idiots! I know who they are!"
I guess I hurt your feelings there. Sorry.
Green Crayons wrote:
populartajo wrote:You are being retarded on purpose, right?
- "Only the mentally handicapped disagree with me!"
He was talking to JDodge, who was cursing and using similar language. Things tend to devolve when that happens.
Green Crayons wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:Are you an android/robot?
- "You fail to grasp any sort of human emotion!"
I think you are denying the emotional component of the entire conflict, yes. I think you are trying to divorce it from everything else, or you just don't see it.
Green Crayons wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:Shut up you're wrong and I'm right and it has nothing to do with my period or bitchiness that accompanies said period.
- "This discussion is meaningless because I'm automatically right and all opposition is wrong (because that's how this poll/thread was constructed)!"
Uhm, this was obviously a joke. I'm pretty sure everyone else got it. This only strengthens my suspicion that you aren't seeing anything that relates to emotion.
Green Crayons wrote:
elvis wrote:I'm not trying to be the thought police, and I don't think anyone else here is either. Everyone should feel free to be a dick if that's what they want to do. But don't expect me to like it. And don't expect me to be quiet about it. Free speech goes both ways, buddy.
Go for it. But I didn't see Shea make his own thread with a poll: "What girl is the ugliest ho-bag on the forums?" Which is the equivalent of what loaded poll rigging you did here. He made a comment voicing an opinion to support the main thrust of his point in that original thread. It doesn't bother me that you made your own thread about this argument, because it really did deserve to be taken out of the photo thread. What
does
bother me is that instead of representing the parties faithfully, you've successfully set up a discussion that's automatically biased in your favor and that completely misses the point. So, go for it. Tell everyone you think Shea's a dick. He is. I'm sure a lot of people will agree with you. But don't attempt to force that opinion into constraining a separate point and suffocating all arguments supporting it.
I think I did represent the parties faithfully. Shea voiced his opinion that guys giving girls compliments were acting like stalkers, so their compliments were actually insulting and demeaning. In the process, he also put in his own judgement of the girls, saying that they are above average at best, and that most were downright unattractive. I disagree that complimenting a woman makes you a stalker. I disagree that complimenting a woman on her appearance is demeaning. And I think that he was FAR more insulting and demeaning by saying most of the women are downright unnattractive.

This is what the conflict was about, IMO. If you think it is about something else, please share.
Green Crayons wrote:
elvis wrote:And the fact that you think this thread is not what the original conversation is about, just shows me how you fail to grasp what the original conversation was about.
As I have said before, you're failing to see the forest through the trees by deciding to focus on this point that he said he didn't think the majority of the girls here are "above average attractive." Never mind the fact that his first post regarding this issue didn't even talk about what he thought of the general population of mafiascum females, and his follow-up post was all about what he saw as the issue of guys falling over themselves to compliment girls and women who post pictures of themselves. Somewhere along the line, you took his flippant, off the cuff remark concerning his opinion and morphed it into being the focus/point of this whole entire discussion.

I'm sorry, but by looking at the posts it's very obvious what Shea's original point was. I'm also sorry that you took such offense to an opinion he voiced in response to another user that it
spun you into a weird fit of rage where all you could see was red and Shea's opinion of the pictures posted on this site
You keep saying that Shea only said "most are not above average," when the phrase that is really the most insulting is "most are downright unnatractive."

I really don't care
where
in the conversation he stated his opinion that "most are downright unattractive." I don't care that that was not the main thrust of his argument. It doesn't make my point any less valid. My point is that while he tried to stop guys from acting like stalkers (to protect women?) he insulted women more than anyone else. Do you disagree?

I like how you characterize Shea's comments as "off the cuff" and "honest" and you think I shouldn't be bothered by them. And the fact that I actually dared to call him on his crap means that I spun into a WEIRD FIT OF RAGE.

HYSTERICAL FEMALE FOCUSSING ON EMOTION!

WE SUPPORT GUYS ACTING LIKE DICKS BUT FEMALES WHO OPPOSE THEM ARE HAVING WEIRD EMOTIONAL OUTBURSTS!

I wonder if a guy had posted this same thread with this same poll if you would have had the same opinion of him. I guess you're the type of guy who thinks when guys get into fights they're being strong and awesome, when girls have a strong opinion and stand up for it they're flying into weird fits of rage.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #136 (isolation #21) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:21 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Green Crayons wrote: You made the claim that you have been respectful and people haven't been given shit for disagreeing with you. I gave you examples of such. Feel free to excuse them away however you like - that doesn't mean they weren't made.
I think mirth, FL, and Ether all disagreed with me. I don't think I or anyone else insulted them. I may have been insulting when I asked you if you were a robot. I'm sorry. But I was frustrated with you. I feel like you're being needlessly obtuse.
Green Crayons wrote:
elvis wrote:This is what the conflict was about, IMO. If you think it is about something else, please share.
As has been said before, repeatedly, Shea's original point wasn't that guys who compliment girls are creepy, it's that he was criticizing the manner and magnitude of guys who disproportionately compliment photos of females in the 15-25 year old range.
The only difference I see in what you said and what I said is that you are putting more emphasis on the "manner and magnitude" of the compliments. As I said before, I don't think the manner and magnitude of the compliments was overboard or stalkerish.
Green Crayons wrote:
elvis wrote:I really don't care where in the conversation he stated his opinion that "most are downright unattractive." I don't care that that was not the main thrust of his argument. It doesn't make my point any less valid. My point is that while he tried to stop guys from acting like stalkers (to protect women?) he insulted women more than anyone else. Do you disagree?
You don't care about what this conversation was about, and that's why you've turned it into your personal crusade against how much of a jackass Shea is.
I do care what the conversation is about. I said I don't care where he said some exact words.
Green Crayons wrote: Congratulations. Nobody disagrees with you. And, in fact, I don't agree with your above, because you're giving Shea too much credit. Shea was criticizing a certain group of guys because he was simply saying what he thought. At no time did I think he was doing it out of some notion of chivalry.
I guess I think more of Shea than you do.
Green Crayons wrote:
elvis wrote:WE SUPPORT GUYS ACTING LIKE DICKS BUT FEMALES WHO OPPOSE THEM ARE HAVING WEIRD EMOTIONAL OUTBURSTS!
Yes, characterizing me and my stance as a two dimensional product of the 18th century patriarchal western society makes it much more easy to argue against it. Please continue to do so while ignoring the fact that I've said repeatedly that Shea was being a douchebag, I have no problem with you calling him out on it, I have no problem with you making a poll about how much of a jackass he has been. My only source of contention was that you took that and, through this poll and through this thread have made his original point seemingly obsolete. Which is an inappropriate connection.
If you agree with me on all those points, I don't understand why you are so worked up about this. Because you think I "made his original point seem obsolete?" His point that guys were fawning too much over girls who didn't deserve it? I don't see where I make his point seem obsolete. This whole thread explores the question of complimenting people and when it is appropriate. I haven't made it obsolete.
Green Crayons wrote: I'm sorry if I made assumptions from the fact that 1. you made this incredibly loaded poll and
I thought you said you don't mind that.
Green Crayons wrote: 2. won't stop harping about how insulted you feel/should feel/dislike Shea's comments while simultaneously and continually 3. ignoring my point that no matter how large of a jerk Shea has been, is being or will be in the future, that doesn't automatically discredit any of his points outside how attractive or unattractive people are.
Nobody is discrediting his points. Where did I do that? I really think you're making stuff up here.
Green Crayons wrote: Assumptions such as there must be some motivation for your continued insistence on this point. Assumptions such as since you're all about criticizing me for my apparently lack of emotion, maybe you're motivation is tied to some sort of emotional response to what Shea said. Maybe I'm assuming incorrectly - are you the robot here, and this is just a logical response to Shea's comments, completely severed from all emotional response you may have had in reaction to them?
I hardly even understand what you're attacking me about. You're trying to say my response is unnatural because I keep harping on it? I keep harping on it because you keep fighting with me. I'm harping? So are you.
Green Crayons wrote:
elvis wrote:I guess you're the type of guy who thinks when guys get into fights they're being strong and awesome, when girls have a strong opinion and stand up for it they're flying into weird fits of rage.
(sigh) It's really disappointing that you would really reduce your opposition to such a poor strawman.
I guess I was just supposed to ignore your obviously sexist remarks.
Green Crayons wrote: Since apparently I have evolved into Mr. Big and Mean ole Anti-Feminist, I'll resign from this conversation. It's fruitless at this point.
Exactly! I'm the hysterical bitch who is making you out to be an asshole even though you're really just a nice guy!
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #140 (isolation #22) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:45 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Ythill wrote:
elvis wrote:I think mirth, FL, and Ether all disagreed with me.
As well as myself and forbiddenlight, who took the stance that dishonesty was more demeaning than either type of truthful comment.
I appreciate your opinion, and it makes perfect sense to me.

However, I prefer to be lied to and told I'm pretty :wink:

I'm just sappy enough to think everyone deserves to be told they're pretty once in a while.
Ythill wrote:
elvis wrote:I'm the hysterical bitch who is making you out to be an asshole even though you're really just a nice guy!
This needs to be printed on a t-shirt.
I would wear it.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #144 (isolation #23) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:24 am

Post by elvis_knits »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:No one said I was pretty when I posted a pic. :(
You were pretty, it's just that superficial people were put off by your bikini top not covering all of your chest hair.
I think chest hair is sexy.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #153 (isolation #24) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:10 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Hairy chest pictures are always welcome... giggle
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #171 (isolation #25) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:57 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #183 (isolation #26) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Fritzler wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:
Fritzler wrote:You know who I embarrassingly think of as a sex goddess?

Ann Coulter.
OMG Fritzler likes the trannies!

Seriously I find Coulter hideous. I can't even stomach Michelle Malkin and I've got an asian fetish.
Dude, she is sexy in that dominatrix kind of way. And the fact that she might be the spawn of satan.
Also, she always wears a black cocktail dress, like she's doing the walk of shame every day of her life. Which is hot.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #223 (isolation #27) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:10 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I agree: Liv Tyler.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #226 (isolation #28) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:23 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Oman wrote:Happy Birthday Elvis!

<3 you dearly.

On topic: I don't know, if you're going gay you should just go all the way, don't limit yourself to Liv.
Thanks! <33

It must be my birthday already in Australia... must start drinking.

I'm trying to think of my ultimate "going gay" girls. So far I came up with Eva Mendes, Angelina like 10 years ago before she was skeletal, but also Kate Winslet... which I think is a little fucked up since if I had to pick an actress to play me in a movie I would pick Kate Winslet.

But Liv is still hot. The pouty lips are quite awesome.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #228 (isolation #29) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:27 am

Post by elvis_knits »

shaft.ed wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:but also Kate Winslet... which I think is a little fucked up since if I had to pick an actress to play me in a movie I would pick Kate Winslet.
Not really, you could just masturbate with a mirror. So convenient!
I tried. It's not the same. :(
shaft.ed wrote:
But Liv is still hot. The pouty lips are quite awesome.
For some reason to me they scream birth defect.
What do you think of Julia Robert's lips?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #231 (isolation #30) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:34 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I think Julia Roberts is pretty. She's a pretty woman! :rim job:

Uh, so I think I just figured out that in terms of looks, I am attracted to lips and boobs on a woman. Look at the ones I chose.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #233 (isolation #31) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:40 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Salma Hayek has great boobs. But I don't think she's asian.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #235 (isolation #32) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:44 am

Post by elvis_knits »

If I went lesbian I think I would prefer a threesome with a guy so there could be some penis involved.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #237 (isolation #33) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:46 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'd have to be v drunk, but maybe.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #241 (isolation #34) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

shaft.ed wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I'd have to be v drunk, but maybe.
You'd even need to be drunk if Liv Tyler grew a penis?

Yes having sex with anime characters is strange. But I wouldn't go "gay" for anyone. I've never found a man sexually attractive.
I'm not really interested in hermaphrodite or tranny Liv Tyler. I prefer her to be without penis. Then we could put on a show for an anatomically correct robot man, or regular man. w/e.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #242 (isolation #35) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Yes having sex with anime characters is strange. But I wouldn't go "gay" for anyone. I've never found a man sexually attractive.
Oh, I know it's impossible. So it's not like I'm obsessed. It's just the fact that I'd only go straight for drawings that worries me.
You have as much chance with anime characters as any of us have with Liv Tyler, so...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #243 (isolation #36) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

shaft.ed wrote: But I wouldn't go "gay" for anyone. I've never found a man sexually attractive.
What if your wife wanted to have a threesome with a guy... might you get carried away?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #264 (isolation #37) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:28 am

Post by elvis_knits »

The more I try to think about women I would go gay for, the more I find myself thinking about guys. :sigh: I appreciate a lot of women as being beautiful though and could talk all day about how cute they are, but don't really want to go gay.

I think it's interesting to say who you think is really attractive despite not being real leading-man material. Because everyone thinks Brad Pitt is hot (except Mirth). Also, who can resist Fabio?

I think Matt Parkman is really sexy:

Who remembers him from Felicity?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #331 (isolation #38) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:00 am

Post by elvis_knits »

OMG I have a red-hair fetish.

Anyway, let's get back to posting pictures of Queen Latifah looking beautiful.

Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #340 (isolation #39) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:26 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I thought Thomas Jefferson hearted Sally Hemmings.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #359 (isolation #40) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:49 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Mirth wrote: Elvis: Sally Hemmings was also like 75% white.
I did hear she was like half-sister to Martha, but she was also a slave. So genetically maybe she was more white than black, but I think she was considered black socially.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #365 (isolation #41) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:37 am

Post by elvis_knits »

shaft.ed wrote:So Halle Berry wasn't the first black woman to win an Oscar. Sweet!
It's true shaft.ed. Also, Obama is not the first black president.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #420 (isolation #42) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:18 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Mirth wrote:Nah. Your sentence would be more correct if you included the word "straight" in it. Because lesbians would know if other women are cute :P

Also, someone much better looking than Rihanna:
I remember some study that said women with characteristics resembling children are found most attractive... small chins, big foreheads. Which sort of pisses me off because it reinforces the "helpless child-like woman" syndrome.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #422 (isolation #43) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:41 am

Post by elvis_knits »

This isn't the thing I originally read, but this is similar type info:
http://www.uni-regensburg.de/Fakultaete ... schema.htm
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #513 (isolation #44) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:20 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Adel wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Adel wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:I honestly don't understand why people are so willing to throw away their reproductive capacity.
Wow, who cares. You're just brainwashed by society, there's nothing "special" or "magical" about giving birth. Ask my mother.
I did. She said that there was nothing "special" or "magical" about
your
birth, but most births are.
Oh surely you would know, since you are barren and childless.
and you are an abortion with an amazing will to live. I've seen the scar the rusty coat-hanger left on the top of your malformed skull, and how you purr when your cell-mate strokes it.
This exchange made me laugh.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #515 (isolation #45) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:40 am

Post by elvis_knits »

DrippingGoofball wrote: Image
This is how my hair could look without hair products.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #517 (isolation #46) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:54 am

Post by elvis_knits »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Once, frizzy hair was the paragon of beauty.
:cry:

I was born in the wrong era, apparently. I used to blow dry my hair straight in high school. It was quite horrible to have to do that every day. Now I go curly, but I have an arsenal of hair care products to fight frizz. Living in the south is especially challenging.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #524 (isolation #47) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:16 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Talk nerdy to me.

Return to “General Discussion”