ITT we fawn over pretty girls

This forum is for discussion about anything else.

Which is more demeaning?

Being told you're beautiful
14%
Being told you're downright unnatractive
86%

Total votes: 83

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #90 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Didn't read the thread, just the first page. I lean towards being lied to as being more demeaning than being told the truth. I don't want someone claiming I'm beautiful when I'm average at best. At least if I'm told I'm unattractive, I know that should attractiveness ever become a goal, I have work to do. I'd rather be underconfident than overconfident.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #94 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'd rather believe that "I'm OK". We all have deficits, whether they are physical or otherwise. You don't need to point mine out, thanks, and if you do (or make veiled reference to it) you're a jerk.

If I posted a pic, I'd expect/hope for some kind of nice comment regardless of how I compare to Anjelina or whoever your magazine cover of choice happens to be. We're not models inc. We're a group of friends and aquaintances who play games together.

Those who voted the first option - you've never told your Mom she looks nice?
I have, but that's because it was true. I prefer honesty. And when I post pics, I expect it. I feel I'm smart enough to be able to sort out who's just being antagonistic and who's actually giving constructive criticism.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #98 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Talitha wrote:
I feel I'm smart enough to be able to sort out who's just being antagonistic and who's actually giving constructive criticism.
Might just be me, but I don't feel that ANYONE is qualified to give me "constructive criticism" about my looks, except me. Or maybe a really close friend. :)
Maybe so. My personality is one that finds everyone has something worth saying. Whether I heed it or not is my choice. But I do understand your approach. It's just a fundamental difference in how things are seen.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #101 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

shaft.ed wrote:
Mirth wrote:
Talitha wrote: Those who voted the first option - you've never told your Mom she looks nice?
Not that I can recall. My mom and I don't see eye to eye on aesthetics.
When I was a kid, my great Aunt would pay us a quarter every time we said "Aunt Hannah is beauuutiful." My brother would make a couple bucks every time we'd visit them.
Is it sad that I immediately thought this combo was broken because the action has no cost and could generate infinite money if unchecked?

I play way too many RPGs.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #104 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

shaft.ed wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:
Mirth wrote:
Talitha wrote: Those who voted the first option - you've never told your Mom she looks nice?
Not that I can recall. My mom and I don't see eye to eye on aesthetics.
When I was a kid, my great Aunt would pay us a quarter every time we said "Aunt Hannah is beauuutiful." My brother would make a couple bucks every time we'd visit them.
Is it sad that I immediately thought this combo was broken because the action has no cost and could generate infinite money if unchecked?

I play way too many RPGs.
It would usually end when she ran out of change. Though her and my grandparents always had a large supply of silver dollars and 50 cent pieces. Don't know why. Might have been from playing the pull tabs at the legion.
Hehe. Well, actually, I forgot to ask. Was she?
Silly Aunts. Smile For the record i wasn't advocating telling anyone you think they look nice unless it's actually true.
Right, so the question, as it was phrased, just shows how low our self image is now :P
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #106 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Cyberbob wrote:The only conclusion I've drawn from this conversation is that no good can ever come of posting your photos on the internets.
I must emphatically agree...I know people that have fapped to mine...it's...a very awkward realization.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #108 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

shaft.ed wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
Cyberbob wrote:The only conclusion I've drawn from this conversation is that no good can ever come of posting your photos on the internets.
I must emphatically agree...I know people that have fapped to mine...it's...a very awkward realization.
you do realize the request rate of your photos is now going to skyrocket
There are several things I could technically mention to definitely keep that down.

I'll just use one of them. 4chan.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #110 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

shaft.ed wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
you do realize the request rate of your photos is now going to skyrocket
There are several things I could technically mention to definitely keep that down.

I'll just use one of them. 4chan.
Fapping material > 4chan
No, what I mean is the majority of people who have mentioned this intriguing fact that they fap to me are from 4chan. Meaning their tastes/standards will be lower since we all know they are virgins for life. (well, mostly)
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #112 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

4chan has other boards than /b/, you know. Most of them are fairly decent apart from /k/.
Yeah, I know. I'm generally a lu/r9k/er and a /d/eviant myself. Sometimes an /x/phile. I'm disappointed that my argument is failing though :S.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #114 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

shaft.ed wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
4chan has other boards than /b/, you know. Most of them are fairly decent apart from /k/.
Yeah, I know. I'm generally a lu/r9k/er and a /d/eviant myself. Sometimes an /x/phile. I'm disappointed that my argument is failing though :S.
yup

I wouldn't feel awkward about it, it's well known that ZONEACE regularly faps to Shea pics. There might even be dildos strapped to power tools involved.
haha. I'm not sure that's quite the same. It's awkward to me is all. I generally don't bring it up again after they've said it, lol.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #116 (isolation #10) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

shaft.ed wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
yup

I wouldn't feel awkward about it, it's well known that ZONEACE regularly faps to Shea pics. There might even be dildos strapped to power tools involved.
haha. I'm not sure that's quite the same. It's awkward to me is all. I generally don't bring it up again after they've said it, lol.
I wouldn't have guessed you'd have had a problem with that since your avi is a schoolgirl giving a fish a blowjob and all. Since your a lesbian, would it be different if it were a girl?
No...it's awkward...and yes, I've had people shlick to me as well. Well, if their claim to being female can be believed (4chan, lol, no girls on the internetz, etc.)

And there's a different between things that are implied, and things that are outright shown. Like, if there were literally something...private in the girl's mouth, I wouldn't use that avi. I have fun with the implications though.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #118 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Who wants to earn a quarter?
DGB, you are beautiful :P.

At least your personality is. I haven't looked at a pic :P.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #122 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Who wants to earn a quarter?
DGB, you are beautiful :P.

At least your personality is. I haven't looked at a pic :P.
You better not, I'm like the medusa, one look at me and you turn to stone.

But here's your coin:

Don't worry. I can't get stoned.

Thanks, I like the coin.
You really want people to ask for your picture.
Not really, but I get your point I shouldn't have said anything. I will state I'm not overly likely to provide a pic of myself, so there.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #150 (isolation #13) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:42 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Careful, there. You just threw out a general opinion that just so happened to criticize a large segment of a population. Because they are potentially emotionally weak and tormented by how other people perceive them on the internet, they may take offense to your comment which may not even have been made in an attempt to be hurtful, but because it just may be assumed to be said in such a manner that it is hurtful to the individual who hears it you might get a thread with a loaded poll all of your own on 4chan about how much of a meanie you are.
I'm a channer as well. So, essentially, by being included in the population I'm insulting, it's all good ^-^
You gotta do it in a warm room so your scrotum stays spread out like a loose membrane. From their it's just deep strokes so your pounding your fist into the scrotum for the fap sound. You may or may not need some sort of surface to support the scrotum. Lube will help with the volume, but might make you lose the {a} vowel for more of an {i} or {e} sound.
Is THAT where that comes from? I...actually didn't realize there was a whole process to it or anything :S...huh.

I'm completely ignoring the rest of the point of this thread, and also going to not point out a couple interesting facts in those walls of text ^-^;...
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #169 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:38 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

strappado wrote:I think the pic thread is kind of stupid and unfair. It originally just seemed to be a thread where players could post pics of themselves so people could put a face to a name...and it's just that for guys, you lucky a-holes. You get to post a pic and everyone goes "OH! So that's so-and-so" and it's interesting because sometimes you pictured someone older, or younger, or a different color, or whatever. Unfortunately for women, it isn't that easy. Everyone feels it necessary to chime in whether they think shes hot or not, being creepy if she is decent looking and downright shitty if she's not, and getting into pissing battles about it if their opinion differs on whether she's a hot piece of meat or of "sub par attractiveness". WTF?!? That just sucks.

I'd like to post a picture of myself so that people I have played with can allign what they imagined me to be with what I really am - so they could actually put a face to a name, because I think it's an interesting idea - but I refrain because I dont want it to turn in to a vote as to whether I'm good looking or not. Honestly, I dont give a rats ass if any one on this site thinks I'm hawt or fugly, I'm here to play games and have fun, this isn't a dating or hookup site.

Maybe ALL of you should keep your immature "drool" or "so not drool-worthy" comments to yourself and stop holding women to a different standard than you hold yourselves. The males can post their pic just to post it - but the females "Please only post if you are good looking" ...? wtf.

screw you guys.

And JDodge, screw you specifically. You're too much of a panty to post a picture of yourself, but you're awfully quick to tear apart the pictures of the females on this site. It's so easy to be confident and judgemental when you're hiding behind a computer screen.
I <3 you SO MUCH for this.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #184 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

shaft.ed wrote:
Fritzler wrote:You know who I embarrassingly think of as a sex goddess?

Ann Coulter.
OMG Fritzler likes the trannies!

Seriously I find Coulter hideous. I can't even stomach Michelle Malkin and I've got an asian fetish.
At the risk of opening myself to serious ridicule for lack of knowledge of either common jokes or real facts...

Ann Coulter's trans?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #189 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

shaft.ed wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:Ann Coulter's trans?
See Fritz, she's clearly a tranny.
Did I...miss something?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #198 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Marry me? Enter into a civil union with me? Marry me? I live where it's legal.
/me cries

Also I think attitude and personality trump looks every time.

This
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #210 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:06 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mirth wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote: /me cries
Why are you crying? It's not like I'm actual competition for strappado's affection or hand in matrimony.
Cause, I can't get
you
now :P.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #217 (isolation #19) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:19 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mirth wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
Mirth wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote: /me cries
Why are you crying? It's not like I'm actual competition for strappado's affection or hand in matrimony.
Cause, I can't get
you
now :P.
Sorry, FL, but if I go gay, I'd be going gay for Jane Alison or Liv Tyler. :P
Ah well, a girl can dream ^-^.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #238 (isolation #20) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

So, is it sad the only people I'd go straight for are animated characters? Like seriously...I fangirl HARD on Sebastian Michaelis from Kuroshitsuji.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #240 (isolation #21) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Yes having sex with anime characters is strange. But I wouldn't go "gay" for anyone. I've never found a man sexually attractive.
Oh, I know it's impossible. So it's not like I'm obsessed. It's just the fact that I'd only go straight for drawings that worries me.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #458 (isolation #22) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I honestly don't understand why people are so willing to throw away their reproductive capacity. I'm technically unable to have children, and most assuredly wish I could. I generally haven't mentioned it, but it does irritate me when someone is like "Who gives a damn? Having a baby would suck anyway". I'm not sure precisely where I'm going with this...but it does seem rather...callous I guess?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #462 (isolation #23) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:I honestly don't understand why people are so willing to throw away their reproductive capacity.
Wow, who cares. You're just brainwashed by society, there's nothing "special" or "magical" about giving birth. Ask my mother.
Maybe there isn't. But I know that in my heart I wish I could be a mother. It's not just having a child. It's the experience as well. No matter how horrible it might feel, it's an experience I desire, as well as the experience of caring for a child.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #466 (isolation #24) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

ADOPTION.
It's the experience as well. No matter how horrible it might feel, it's an experience I desire
Good reading comprehension skills. We might be able to use this one.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #479 (isolation #25) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

how can you hurt me?
Vaguely curious about this myself. Aren't we...on the internet?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #490 (isolation #26) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Adel wrote:
Mirth wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:I honestly don't understand why people are so willing to throw away their reproductive capacity. I'm technically unable to have children, and most assuredly wish I could. I generally haven't mentioned it, but it does irritate me when someone is like "Who gives a damn? Having a baby would suck anyway". I'm not sure precisely where I'm going with this...but it does seem rather...callous I guess?
See this kind of bothers me because I want to be sterilized, and am having a hell of a time getting there. It's a personal choice. No one should be required to have kids. And no one should be told they can't. But the reason I get so worked up over this is cause doctors don't want to acknowledge that some women just don't want kids and can still have full, healthy, happy lives. You want kids? All the more power to you. Hell, taking care of kids for 18 years is something that takes a lot of work, so people who have them earn my respect for that. But I don't see why fertility can't be more of a choice than it is now. And I don't see why society should push babies down peoples throats either.
right on sister! I was talking about the reproductive system shutting down not as a conscious choice, but as an unintended consequence of a level of activity that I do not consider to be healthy.

If is your body. It absolutely should be your choice.
I guess I understand. It's mostly envy for me.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #498 (isolation #27) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

And wow, I'm sorry for being so insensitive forbiddenlight, I always assumed you were in your 30s. Just saw your age just now.

Well that sucks.

How did you find out you couldn't have children?
It's a long story. I'd rather not get into it.

I'm curious what made you assume I was in my 30s though.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #500 (isolation #28) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

@fl: You're quite mature. Is that what you wanted to hear? well its the truth.
There are many that disagree, is all. It's just...an interesting misconception. I don't get it often.
-StrangerCoug

Return to “General Discussion”