ITT we fawn over pretty girls

This forum is for discussion about anything else.

Which is more demeaning?

Being told you're beautiful
14%
Being told you're downright unnatractive
86%

Total votes: 83

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:58 am

Post by populartajo »

I was terribly attracted to Lindsay Lohan pre-anorexic-bisexual-whore era.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:58 am

Post by populartajo »

strappado wrote:I think the pic thread is kind of stupid and unfair. It originally just seemed to be a thread where players could post pics of themselves so people could put a face to a name...and it's just that for guys, you lucky a-holes. You get to post a pic and everyone goes "OH! So that's so-and-so" and it's interesting because sometimes you pictured someone older, or younger, or a different color, or whatever. Unfortunately for women, it isn't that easy. Everyone feels it necessary to chime in whether they think shes hot or not, being creepy if she is decent looking and downright shitty if she's not, and getting into pissing battles about it if their opinion differs on whether she's a hot piece of meat or of "sub par attractiveness". WTF?!? That just sucks.

I'd like to post a picture of myself so that people I have played with can allign what they imagined me to be with what I really am - so they could actually put a face to a name, because I think it's an interesting idea - but I refrain because I dont want it to turn in to a vote as to whether I'm good looking or not. Honestly, I dont give a rats ass if any one on this site thinks I'm hawt or fugly, I'm here to play games and have fun, this isn't a dating or hookup site.

Maybe ALL of you should keep your immature "drool" or "so not drool-worthy" comments to yourself and stop holding women to a different standard than you hold yourselves. The males can post their pic just to post it - but the females "Please only post if you are good looking" ...? wtf.

screw you guys.

And JDodge, screw you specifically. You're too much of a panty to post a picture of yourself, but you're awfully quick to tear apart the pictures of the females on this site. It's so easy to be confident and judgemental when you're hiding behind a computer screen.
I think you are hawt.
Call me Tajo.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Fritzler »

populartajo wrote:I was terribly attracted to Lindsay Lohan pre-anorexic-bisexual-whore era.
She actually became slightly hotter when she became a whore, because there was that chance of her getting super trashed and hooking up with me. Unfortunately, it quickly went to too far, and became unattractive.
Surfs up dude.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

IMO

Demeaning <-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Not demeaning
Insulting a woman for her looks -- Complimenting a woman for her looks --------- Complimenting a woman for something besides her looks

It is ridiculous how much more people comment on the attractiveness or not of women, compared to men.

In other words, I agree with strappado, so hard.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Fritzler wrote:You know who I embarrassingly think of as a sex goddess?

Ann Coulter.
OMG Fritzler likes the trannies!

Seriously I find Coulter hideous. I can't even stomach Michelle Malkin and I've got an asian fetish.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Fenchurch wrote:I ***** with strappado, so hard.
Edited so women can see what guys actually read.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Fenchurch wrote:Demeaning <-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Not demeaning
Insulting a woman for her looks -- Complimenting a woman for her looks --------- Complimenting a woman for something besides her looks
So it is demeaning for me to compliment the way a girl looks? You are so wrong.
Fenchurch wrote:In other words, I agree with strappado, so hard.
This thread also makes me hard.
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by Fritzler »

shaft.ed wrote:

Ann Coulter.

Seriously I find Coulter hideous. I can't even stomach Michelle Malkin and I've got an asian fetish.
Dude, she is sexy in that dominatrix kind of way. And the fact that she might be the spawn of satan.
Surfs up dude.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Fritzler wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:

Ann Coulter.

Dude, she is sexy in that dominatrix kind of way. And the fact that she might be the spawn of satan.
Also, she always wears a black cocktail dress, like she's doing the walk of shame every day of her life. Which is hot.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

shaft.ed wrote:

Ann Coulter.

At the risk of opening myself to serious ridicule for lack of knowledge of either common jokes or real facts...

Ann Coulter's trans?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

Fritzler wrote:So it is demeaning for me to compliment the way a girl looks? You are so wrong.
No but it is
more
demeaning than complimenting her for
something else
, because of the societal imbalance that I mentioned before.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by populartajo »

If I like how a girl looks, should I avoid telling her that and instead look for another non superficial compliment?
Call me Tajo.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

Sure. Other people would probably disagree with me, but I think that one step in getting out of the habit of focusing on women's looks so much is to consciously choose to talk about other attributes. It's not what you think, it's what you do that counts.
(No doubt there's an innuendo in there somewhere >.>)
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

forbiddanlight wrote:Ann Coulter's trans?
See Fritz, she's clearly a tranny.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

shaft.ed wrote:
Did I...miss something?
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

forbiddanlight wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:
Did I...miss something?
No she's not really a tranny, she just has an Adam's apple. If I had never known of her prior I wouldn't find her ugly. But given what I know of her person, I find her utterly repulsive. The tranny thing is just to point out that Fritzler would enjoy tranny femdom.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:At the same time, though, if a guy doesn't give an opinion on how a girl looks, it's assumed that he thinks they are ugly.
Only if the person is really, really insecure.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Fenchurch wrote:IMO

Demeaning <-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Not demeaning
Yeah, but...it's a picture thread.

Honestly, this might just be me, but about the most frustrating thing that can happen on an internet forum is when you post something, especally something personal like a picture, and no one says anything about it at all, everyone else just completly ignores you and acts like you're invisible. That just sucks.
It is ridiculous how much more people comment on the attractiveness or not of women, compared to men.
I know, right? Why aren't more women in there commenting on how attractive all us guys are? Sheesh.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by Mirth »

strappado wrote:I think the pic thread is kind of stupid and unfair. It originally just seemed to be a thread where players could post pics of themselves so people could put a face to a name...and it's just that for guys, you lucky a-holes. You get to post a pic and everyone goes "OH! So that's so-and-so" and it's interesting because sometimes you pictured someone older, or younger, or a different color, or whatever. Unfortunately for women, it isn't that easy. Everyone feels it necessary to chime in whether they think shes hot or not, being creepy if she is decent looking and downright shitty if she's not, and getting into pissing battles about it if their opinion differs on whether she's a hot piece of meat or of "sub par attractiveness". WTF?!? That just sucks.

I'd like to post a picture of myself so that people I have played with can allign what they imagined me to be with what I really am - so they could actually put a face to a name, because I think it's an interesting idea - but I refrain because I dont want it to turn in to a vote as to whether I'm good looking or not. Honestly, I dont give a rats ass if any one on this site thinks I'm hawt or fugly, I'm here to play games and have fun, this isn't a dating or hookup site.

Maybe ALL of you should keep your immature "drool" or "so not drool-worthy" comments to yourself and stop holding women to a different standard than you hold yourselves. The males can post their pic just to post it - but the females "Please only post if you are good looking" ...? wtf.

screw you guys.

And JDodge, screw you specifically. You're too much of a panty to post a picture of yourself, but you're awfully quick to tear apart the pictures of the females on this site. It's so easy to be confident and judgemental when you're hiding behind a computer screen.
Marry me?
Enter into a civil union with me?
Marry me? I live where it's legal.
Fritzler wrote: Mary-Kate is adorable. She has a great fashion sense. Ashley, not so much. (This statement is true, it's not a joke, which some people will think it is)
I have seriously heard other people announcing this opinion. I personally can't tell them apart.
populartajo wrote:I was terribly attracted to Lindsay Lohan pre-anorexic-bisexual-whore era.
You mean when she was jailbait?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Wow. Strappado wins this thread. Epic win.

Also I think attitude and personality trump looks every time.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

Yosarian2 wrote:Yeah, but...it's a picture thread.

Honestly, this might just be me, but about the most frustrating thing that can happen on an internet forum is when you post something, especally something personal like a picture, and no one says anything about it at all, everyone else just completly ignores you and acts like you're invisible. That just sucks.
I agree with what you say. But I do think that if you took a sample, the kind of comments guys tend to get on their pictures are different to the kinds of comments girls tend to get on theirs. And so, talking about "is it better to call a girl ugly or pretty" pretty much sidesteps the issue. That was all I really wanted to say.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I love you Yos
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:At the same time, though, if a guy doesn't give an opinion on how a girl looks, it's assumed that he thinks they are ugly.
Only if the person is really, really insecure.
I'm sorry, did I walk into the wrong thread? We are in a thread about insecurities about insecurity. I think it's a reasonable assumption.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Marry me? Enter into a civil union with me? Marry me? I live where it's legal.
/me cries

Also I think attitude and personality trump looks every time.

This
-StrangerCoug

Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Fenchurch wrote:
Fritzler wrote:So it is demeaning for me to compliment the way a girl looks? You are so wrong.
No but it is
more
demeaning than complimenting her for
something else
, because of the societal imbalance that I mentioned before.
You have it closer to demeaning than not demeaning. It is not demeaning at all to compliment someone on their looks. So it is impossible for it to be less demeaning to compliment their outfit or whatever.
elvis_knits wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:

Ann Coulter.

Also, she always wears a black cocktail dress, like she's doing the walk of shame every day of her life. Which is hot.
I know. She probably has daddy issues. (If you are a girl, and don't realize, girls with daddy issues are eager to please.)
Mirth wrote:
Fritzler wrote: Mary-Kate is adorable. She has a great fashion sense. Ashley, not so much. (This statement is true, it's not a joke, which some people will think it is)
I have seriously heard other people announcing this opinion. I personally can't tell them apart.
You're a really bad girl. It's easy to tell based on how they dress.
Yosarian2 wrote:Honestly, this might just be me, but about the most frustrating thing that can happen on an internet forum is when you post something, especally something personal like a picture, and no one says anything about it at all, everyone else just completly ignores you and acts like you're invisible. That just sucks.
Yos, this is one of the most depressing posts I have ever read.
Surfs up dude.

Return to “General Discussion”