Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Jahudo »

I still find pops most likely to be scum here. I can understand his vote on Rishi because he said he'd vote in a "me-or-him situation" but he isn't showing any effort in analyzing Rishi's case, and I can understand that because I think pops is scum.

I don't like ToD's post 669. There's nothing in it to say what he feels about anybody. I don't like that we won't hear anything more from him until day 3, but that’s how V/LA is.
IAUN wrote: Post #314: As I said at the time, Rhinox's comment was so obviously not a slip when read in context that Rishi calling it out as one looks suspicious. I think it indicates that he wasn't paying real attention to Rhinox's post, and was just looking for things that he could use to cast suspicion on him.

On Day One, it was RedCoyote, because he talked too much about theory, and not enough about finding scum. And that's the only reason he ever gave for finding anyone suspicious throughout the entire day.

Post #590: So, first of all: "The question was asked much earlier, CF, whether or not I think pops is scum. Well, I thought it was a good possibility at the time, but I'm less sure now." When was the "much earlier" question asked? I haven't been able to find it.
@Rishi: Can you address these specifically?
bionicchop2 wrote: My only issue here is the knowledge Rishi did not kill anybody last night - which can be said for my top 3 remaining suspects.
That should only be an issue if we were specifically looking for Rhinox's killer.
Moriarty147 wrote:…lately a combination of his AtEs and just being so fail in general have led me to apply the Too Scummy To Be Scum reasoning to pops
Being so fail? Can you elaborate? And why does this make him a town that looks too scummy and not a scum that looks too scummy?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:

popsofctown (L-1) ~ SpyreX, CF Riot, Jahudo, Moriarty147, Rishi

Rishi (L-4) ~ iamausername, popsofctown
SpyreX (L-5) ~ Huntress
Jahudo (L-5) ~ bionicchop2
Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
Trumpet of Doom,
Rishi

[size=0]bionicchop2 - 1 | Huntress - 2 PROD1 5 | iamausername - 1 PROD1 12 PROD2 5 | Jahudo - 0 | CF Riot - 1 | Moriarty147 - 1 PROD1 16 PROD2 3 | Trumpet of Doom - 1 | popsofctown - 0 | Rishi - 0 PROD1 16 PROD2 1 | SpyreX - 1[/size]
Current and Final Deadline: Thursday, March 19 2009
(Only got 2 days left)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Rishi wrote:Hey, folks, got my prod. I don't have a lot to say about the case against me. IAUN's main point is that I don't take a strong stance on Day 1. This is pretty typical of my Day 1 play in just about every game that I play. In fact, it's a bit of a null-tell for me. I'm usually more aggressive on Day 2 and beyond, but haven't had a lot of time to play so far.
Moriarty147 wrote:Rishi is essentially made of "Busy. Will post later. I promise." which to me has a feel of classical lurkscum tactics.
Okay. This drives me absolutely bonkers. Do you see me posting a lot in other games? What gives you the impression that I am intentionally avoiding posting rather than actually busy? And as I've pointed out before, you're not particularly active either, and yet you keep bringing up this argument.
popsofctown wrote:Moriarty's waffling makes me think rishi is scum.
Huh? In any case, pops goes from pretty strongly believing that I'm town, to neutral, to scum in the span of a couple pages. In fact, in that period where he was being nice to me, I was suspecting him of buddying. I know that I believed that pops was town before, but he seems to be on tilt.
Plus, the "claiming Alexander" business doesn't help him.

I would throw a vote on Trumpet of Doom or Huntress if I thought it would do any good at this point. My main point is that I can't get a read on them, which is why I've been waiting for them to post.

Vote: popsofctown
Rishi's vote really seems like OMGUS to me. While i could understand him making an argument that i'm waffling on him, i dont see how it brings him all the way from thinking i'm town to thinking i'm scum.

I want you guys to really check out the bold here because inconsistency can be a great scumtell. Rishi's reasoning for thinking I'm town all today has been "I see AtE as a towntell and he uses AtE a lot". A very flimsy basis for a town read if you ask me. But he ought to at least be consistent. After coming out of my pessimistic mood, it seems pretty clear to me that the Alexander claim was a pretty large AtE: but now he's citing it as a scumtell. If there's anyone in this thread making questionably fast shifts in position, it's Rishi.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Rishi wrote:MOD: Request that the deadline is lifted to give Huntress and Rhinox a chance to see The Princess Bride? Thx.
What with all the notPosting going on, they could probably watch it now and not miss much action here. :P ~Vi

In other news, as we're getting closer to a lynch, those of you with votes not on one of the main wagons are really not helping us avoid a No Lynch. Just saying.
In retrospect, this looks bad. This was the only content in one of his posts, urging readers to go for either badwagon, without really caring which. What's worse is there's no other content in the post.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:35 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Ah, my one saving grace about Rishi is that he didn't wagon Pops when he could have but now he is. On the reverse, Pops is voting Rishi and admitting it's to save himself, so it puts it back at neutral. I think Pops has been scummier.

Moriarty is waffling big-time. Someone doesn't know who they're supposed to be voting when the hammer drops. Mor, what about Pops last few posts were any worse than his play all day?

I'd like to hear what Huntress thinks about both wagons before we get a hammer.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:39 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Rishi wrote:In fact, in that period where he was being nice to me, I was suspecting him of buddying.
Rishi needs to cite and explain this part too. If he's talking about something that's AtE, then it looks like a dramatic change of opinion, and besides I don't see where he originally suspected pops of buddying. Was this day 1 or 2?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Huntress, I'll love you again if you vote Rishiscum!!!!

I don't see why moriarty and CF Riot expect me to lie about my vote on Rishi. I do think he's more likely scum than town, but either way it's a textbook move for me to vote him. I'm not going to kill myself, i know i'm town.. it's not that hard to follow.

Does anyone, anyone at all think it's funny how several people (several is two or more spyrex. And for spyrex i will name the minimum two- rishi and moriarty) have latched onto my wagon like horseshoe magnets? That's usually a
bad
sign, a hint that something is wrong. Pay attention to the dewdrops the easterly wind brings from the mountains people!

I read the rest of Rishi's posts, which i didnt read in ten minutes. I feel i owe it to you guys. I quoted pretty much everything else that really jumped out at me.
"Well, I..."
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Just blew my entire set of words in my other game. I'll post here tomorrow for reals. MAD REALS.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:24 am

Post by Huntress »

Sorry for still not having written up anything yet. With a certain project going on longer than expected plus the spring weather getting me outdoors more I haven't been able to concentrate on this as much as I would have liked. However, that project finished yesterday so I'm free for a bit now.

Briefly I'm not seeing the case on Pops and am a bit suspicious of the bandwagon on him. I would be happy to switch my vote to Rishi or Trumpet of Doom but probably not anyone else at the moment.

More later today.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:38 am

Post by Rishi »

IAUN wrote: Post #314: As I said at the time, Rhinox's comment was so obviously not a slip when read in context that Rishi calling it out as one looks suspicious. I think it indicates that he wasn't paying real attention to Rhinox's post, and was just looking for things that he could use to cast suspicion on him.

On Day One, it was RedCoyote, because he talked too much about theory, and not enough about finding scum. And that's the only reason he ever gave for finding anyone suspicious throughout the entire day.

Post #590: So, first of all: "The question was asked much earlier, CF, whether or not I think pops is scum. Well, I thought it was a good possibility at the time, but I'm less sure now." When was the "much earlier" question asked? I haven't been able to find it.
I already addressed Point 1. I thought it was a genuine slip. When it was pointed out to me that I had misread what Rhinox originally said, then I immediately backed off.

I've already mentioned that I tend to be a cautious player on Day 1, which is why I didn't suspect anyone besides RedCoyote. Besides a lot of players (myself included) weren't particularly active on Day 1. The thread was just dominated by a few players and I didn't find any of the main players suspicious at the time.

It had been at least a couple pages since CF asked the question that I was able to respond. It felt like "much earlier." Regardless, I fail to see how use of the phrase "much earlier" is a scumtell in any way.
pops wrote: Rishi's vote really seems like OMGUS to me. While i could understand him making an argument that i'm waffling on him, i dont see how it brings him all the way from thinking i'm town to thinking i'm scum.
Contrary to popular belief, not every time you vote for someone who is voting you is it OMGUS. Of the people likely to get lynched (pretty much you and me), you're most likely to be scum to me. Besides, it has been at least a couple pages since I last posted. A couple pages where you were on tilt.

I'll note that your position changed on me during a span where I hadn't posted. So it feels to me that you just jumped on the wagon after others have expressed suspicion.
pops wrote:I want you guys to really check out the bold here because inconsistency can be a great scumtell. Rishi's reasoning for thinking I'm town all today has been "I see AtE as a towntell and he uses AtE a lot". A very flimsy basis for a town read if you ask me. But he ought to at least be consistent. After coming out of my pessimistic mood, it seems pretty clear to me that the Alexander claim was a pretty large AtE: but now he's citing it as a scumtell. If there's anyone in this thread making questionably fast shifts in position, it's Rishi.
The "claiming Alexander" business didn't feel like an appeal to emotion. It felt like you were being evasive. And it seems to you now that claiming Alexander was an appeal to emotion? Shouldn't that have occurred to you when you were making the post? If you weren't sure what it was, how do you expect me to figure it out?
pops wrote: In retrospect, this looks bad. This was the only content in one of his posts, urging readers to go for either badwagon, without really caring which. What's worse is there's no other content in the post.
Wow. This is weak. How many of your early posts can we pick apart for having no content? You seem like the last person to criticize someone for not having content. And you're criticizing me for not telling people what bandwagon to jump on? All I was saying is those with singleton votes were being counterproductive. In like half my games in the face of a deadline, I can probably point to someone (and not necessarily me) saying something similar. I saw that you entered the newbie queue as an IC. You might want to rethink that decision.
CF Riot wrote: Ah, my one saving grace about Rishi is that he didn't wagon Pops when he could have but now he is. On the reverse, Pops is voting Rishi and admitting it's to save himself, so it puts it back at neutral. I think Pops has been scummier.
We're a day from deadline. There's no other viable wagon. What would you expect me to do?
Jahudo wrote:Rishi needs to cite and explain this part too. If he's talking about something that's AtE, then it looks like a dramatic change of opinion, and besides I don't see where he originally suspected pops of buddying. Was this day 1 or 2?
Buddying and Appeal to Emotion are not the same thing (what is it with people throwing around the "AtE" phrase suddenly as if it applies to everything?). I didn't accuse pops of buddying in the thread before. I wanted to see if he would keep doing it. He did it up until the point where I stopped posting and then started agreeing with other people. He even says in this post below yours that he'll like Huntress again if she votes for me. By the way, his reason for thinking I was town before? Because I thought he was town. If you look at pops' posts from around that time, I think it's pretty obvious.
Huntress wrote: Briefly I'm not seeing the case on Pops and am a bit suspicious of the bandwagon on him.
Thank you for summarizing what pops says about himself. Now what's your opinion?
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:57 am

Post by Huntress »

That
was
my opinion. Why are you trying to make out it wasn't? Is it because you want it to seem less valid?
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:50 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

unvote jahudo;vote rishi

I think we need 2 options as we approach deadline. Rishi is the only viable alternate right now to pops who I still think is town. The case on him hasn't really changed or evolved. It still seems mostly based on Fluff and now had AtE added to it. I get the feeling some people have it in their head he is scum and this makes anything he says seem scummy. Obviously I know that feeling since I wasn't letting go of my opinion of RC. Moriarty's post 668 is either scum or town who is blinded by an opinion of pops-scum.

My top suspects are Moriarty, ToD and Rishi.
Jahudo wrote:
bionicchop2 wrote: My only issue here is the knowledge Rishi did not kill anybody last night - which can be said for my top 3 remaining suspects.
That should only be an issue if we were specifically looking for Rhinox's killer.
Yes, I agree to an extent. It would mean scum didn't check in for an entire night phase though - or maybe just missed Vi's request for a PM from everybody.
The above written statement is pro-town.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:45 am

Post by popsofctown »

Rishi wrote:
pops wrote: Rishi's vote really seems like OMGUS to me. While i could understand him making an argument that i'm waffling on him, i dont see how it brings him all the way from thinking i'm town to thinking i'm scum.
Contrary to popular belief, not every time you vote for someone who is voting you is it OMGUS. Of the people likely to get lynched (pretty much you and me), you're most likely to be scum to me. Besides, it has been at least a couple pages since I last posted. A couple pages where you were on tilt.
This man is made of straw. It has no brain, it needs to see the wizard of oz.

I gave reasons i thought your vote change was OMGUS, don't say "contrary to popular to belief not every voteback is OMGUS", because i don't believe that either.
rishi wrote:
pops wrote:I want you guys to really check out the bold here because inconsistency can be a great scumtell. Rishi's reasoning for thinking I'm town all today has been "I see AtE as a towntell and he uses AtE a lot". A very flimsy basis for a town read if you ask me. But he ought to at least be consistent. After coming out of my pessimistic mood, it seems pretty clear to me that the Alexander claim was a pretty large AtE: but now he's citing it as a scumtell. If there's anyone in this thread making questionably fast shifts in position, it's Rishi.
The "claiming Alexander" business didn't feel like an appeal to emotion. It felt like you were being evasive. And it seems to you now that claiming Alexander was an appeal to emotion? Shouldn't that have occurred to you when you were making the post? If you weren't sure what it was, how do you expect me to figure it out?
I realize afterwards it was AtE. At the moment i really really felt like doing it, but i wouldn't do it over.
Rishi wrote:
pops wrote: In retrospect, this looks bad. This was the only content in one of his posts, urging readers to go for either badwagon, without really caring which. What's worse is there's no other content in the post.
Wow. This is weak. How many of your
early posts
can we pick apart for having no content? You seem like the last person to criticize someone for not having content. And you're criticizing me for not telling people what bandwagon to jump on? All I was saying is those with singleton votes were being counterproductive. In like half my games in the face of a deadline, I can probably point to someone (and not necessarily me) saying something similar. I saw that you entered the newbie queue as an IC. You might want to rethink that decision.
Underlining mine. You made that post in deadline zone. And it's not really a lack of content that bothered me, but rather that you posted just to say go for either wagon. It's admittedly weak really, townies do that, just in retrospect both wagons were scum.

Um, why should i rethink being an IC? AFAIK, the qualifications don't have to do with player skill. I don't replace out of games. I know what the rules are, and know most standard modding procedures. I don't see why i'm not fit. Go throw Glork in a cloning vat if you want extremepros to be ICing, it's my understanding that they are short on warm bodies.
Rishi wrote:
CF Riot wrote: Ah, my one saving grace about Rishi is that he didn't wagon Pops when he could have but now he is. On the reverse, Pops is voting Rishi and admitting it's to save himself, so it puts it back at neutral. I think Pops has been scummier.
We're a day from deadline. There's no other viable wagon. What would you expect me to do?
The difference between me and Rishi is that I admit when i'm me-or-himming and he saves it for later.
Rishi wrote:
Jahudo wrote:Rishi needs to cite and explain this part too. If he's talking about something that's AtE, then it looks like a dramatic change of opinion, and besides I don't see where he originally suspected pops of buddying. Was this day 1 or 2?
Buddying and Appeal to Emotion are not the same thing (what is it with people throwing around the "AtE" phrase suddenly as if it applies to everything?). I didn't accuse pops of buddying in the thread before. I wanted to see if he would keep doing it. He did it up until the point where I stopped posting and then started agreeing with other people. He even says in this post below yours that he'll like Huntress again if she votes for me. By the way, his reason for thinking I was town before? Because I thought he was town. If you look at pops' posts from around that time, I think it's pretty obvious.
Hey, i didn't say i'd like Huntress again, i said i'd love her again. Get it right. I'm turned on by cougars with meercat fur on the corners of their mouths.

It was struck through. I wouldn't actually change my opinion of someones alignment in exchange for their vote. It could come as a consequence, but not as a trade.
"Well, I..."
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:10 am

Post by Rishi »

Huntress wrote: That was my opinion. Why are you trying to make out it wasn't? Is it because you want it to seem less valid?
What I’m saying is that you’re not contributing anything to the game that hasn’t already been said, which is a pattern with you. Your opinion is valid, but not particularly original.
bionicchop2 wrote: My top suspects are Moriarty, ToD and Rishi.
First I’m hearing about Moriarty and ToD from you. Why? And what happened to Jahudo? Also, question: you were extremely aggressive and all over the place on Day 1. Today you seem to be flying under the radar. Why the sudden change in playstyle?
pops wrote: This man is made of straw. It has no brain, it needs to see the wizard of oz.

I gave reasons i thought your vote change was OMGUS, don't say "contrary to popular to belief not every voteback is OMGUS", because i don't believe that either.
Does that mean you’re strawmanning me? Because that’d make you the scum, eh?

So an OMGUS vote means that you think I am specifically voting for you because you’re voting for me. I don’t really see what your argument was. Could you reiterate it for me?
pops wrote: Underlining mine. You made that post in deadline zone. And it's not really a lack of content that bothered me, but rather that you posted just to say go for either wagon. It's admittedly weak really, townies do that, just in retrospect both wagons were scum.
Both wagons were town. You have done this many, many times in this game. What is it that is making you subconsciously flip “town” and “scum” in your mind? Is it that you’re scum and so you are having trouble adjusting your brain? Also, I didn’t say that *I* could go for either wagon, just that people needed to get on a wagon.

And you think your early posts were the only ones without content? The post you quoted from me was 415. Let’s look at your posts in reference to the Princess Bride discussion.
pops 406 wrote:*rolls stone in front of cave out of the way*

You just now saw Princess Bride for the first time! Oh my gosh LOL!

*rolls stone back*
pops 410 wrote:Inconceivable
pops 412 wrote: wow, he does have high activity standards.

unless princess bride discussion is counting for us
Great content there.
pops wrote:Hey, i didn't say i'd like Huntress again, i said i'd love her again. Get it right. I'm turned on by cougars with meercat fur on the corners of their mouths.

It was struck through. I wouldn't actually change my opinion of someones alignment in exchange for their vote. It could come as a consequence, but not as a trade.
The comment was struck, but you are not allowed to edit your posts. So if you were intending to strike that comment, why didn’t you just delete it? You obviously intended us to see it.

And you are trading suspicion for votes, whether you realize it or not. Remember, you're the one who specifically said I wasn't suspicious after I refused to vote for you.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:34 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Rishi wrote:Also, question: you were extremely aggressive and all over the place on Day 1. Today you seem to be flying under the radar. Why the sudden change in playstyle?
Read the thread. This is the last game I am playing and simply fulfilling my commitment to the game.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:39 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Rishi wrote: First I’m hearing about Moriarty and ToD from you. Why? And what happened to Jahudo?
Meant to respond to this also. ToD = OGML. I have definitely expressed suspicion there. I can't remember if I have explicitly stated any prior suspicion of Moriarty, but I think I may have.

If you read my early D1 reasoning for looking at 4 players specifically, it is because there is solid reason to believe one of them killed Rhinox. Jahudo is my top suspect among those. This does not mean others can't be scum, obv. and as one of my top suspects I will gladly join a wagon on you despite the non-action at night.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:16 am

Post by Rishi »

bionicchop2 wrote:
Rishi wrote:Also, question: you were extremely aggressive and all over the place on Day 1. Today you seem to be flying under the radar. Why the sudden change in playstyle?
Read the thread. This is the last game I am playing and simply fulfilling my commitment to the game.
This is a legit reason, but I can't find you saying it anywhere in this thread.
bionnicchop2 wrote:Meant to respond to this also. ToD = OGML. I have definitely expressed suspicion there. I can't remember if I have explicitly stated any prior suspicion of Moriarty, but I think I may have.
You have, but it has been a while. Not since the beginning of Day 2.
bionnicchop2 wrote:If you read my early D1 reasoning for looking at 4 players specifically, it is because there is solid reason to believe one of them killed Rhinox. Jahudo is my top suspect among those. This does not mean others can't be scum, obv. and as one of my top suspects I will gladly join a wagon on you despite the non-action at night.
I guess I'm just wondering why you had a vote on someone for so long that's not even in your Top 3. Do you believe there's more than 3 scum in this game?
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:29 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Rishi wrote: I guess I'm just wondering why you had a vote on someone for so long that's not even in your Top 3. Do you believe there's more than 3 scum in this game?
Neither of those 3 killed anybody last night, so either the killing mafia member is not in those 3 or Rhinox was killed by a SK. This I did explain in one of my first posts of D2. Neither moriarty nor you had a night action per Vi, so I haven't really mentioned either of you today. OGML was jailed last night unless I was blocked.
Rishi wrote:This is a legit reason, but I can't find you saying it anywhere in this thread.
. I hinted at it, but didn't make a big deal of it. I mentioned it when I half-assed my explanation for voting Jahudo:
bionicchop2 wrote: I didn't say anywhere that it wasn't serious, so why would you think it might not be? Why do you care if I vote or FoS (worthless) somebody? I just don't feel like anybody is going to vote for him besides me.
This is also my last mafia game for a while and my care factor is significantly decreased
, so you can over-read into statements all you want. There is no way that statement I made could benefit scum, but you feel the need to question it, so meh.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:30 am

Post by popsofctown »

Rishi wrote:
pops wrote: This man is made of straw. It has no brain, it needs to see the wizard of oz.

Does that mean you’re strawmanning me? Because that’d make you the scum, eh?

So an OMGUS vote means that you think I am specifically voting for you because you’re voting for me. I don’t really see what your argument was. Could you reiterate it for me?
Your saying "Contrary to popular belief, not all votebacks are OMGUS" was a total strawmanning of me. Strawmanning my argument down to "Rishi votebacked, therefore OMGUS". I was accusing you of strawmanning, not myself.
Rishi wrote:
pops wrote: Underlining mine. You made that post in deadline zone. And it's not really a lack of content that bothered me, but rather that you posted just to say go for either wagon. It's admittedly weak really, townies do that, just in retrospect both wagons were scum.
Both wagons were town. You have done this many, many times in this game. What is it that is making you subconsciously flip “town” and “scum” in your mind? Is it that you’re scum and so you are having trouble adjusting your brain? Also, I didn’t say that *I* could go for either wagon, just that people needed to get on a wagon.

Not gonna lie here, before this game, i believed that scum crossed words like that, not town. But i guess both can.
rishi wrote: And you think your early posts were the only ones without content? The post you quoted from me was 415. Let’s look at your posts in reference to the Princess Bride discussion.
pops 406 wrote:*rolls stone in front of cave out of the way*

You just now saw Princess Bride for the first time! Oh my gosh LOL!

*rolls stone back*
pops 410 wrote:Inconceivable
pops 412 wrote: wow, he does have high activity standards.

unless princess bride discussion is counting for us
Great content there.
Whatever. Content per day wasn't really the main point of that original argument anyway.
Rishi wrote:
pops wrote:Hey, i didn't say i'd like Huntress again, i said i'd love her again. Get it right. I'm turned on by cougars with meercat fur on the corners of their mouths.

The comment was struck, but you are not allowed to edit your posts. So if you were intending to strike that comment, why didn’t you just delete it? You obviously intended us to see it.
I did intend for you to see it, but the strikethrough denotes sarcasm, lack of sincerity, etc. I didn't actually mean that.
[quote="Rishi]
And you are trading suspicion for votes, whether you realize it or not. Remember, you're the one who specifically said I wasn't suspicious after I refused to vote for you.[/quote]
And I'm the one who voted you before you changed your mind on it.
"Well, I..."
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Who is going to hammer before we hit deadline?
popsofctown wrote:Does anyone, anyone at all think it's funny how several people (several is two or more spyrex. And for spyrex i will name the minimum two- rishi and moriarty) have latched onto my wagon like horseshoe magnets?
I wish they had been more active but I could say that of several people. But it’s better late than never to make a lynch.

And I don’t see Rishi’s vote as OMGUS because the suspicion is not on the vote but the suspicion change. Rishi could possibly make the same argument if he thought pops went from finding someone else town to scum in a matter of pages without sufficient reasoning from pops.
popsofctown wrote:Pay attention to the dewdrops the easterly wind brings from the mountains people!
What?
Huntress wrote:Briefly I'm not seeing the case on Pops and am a bit suspicious of the bandwagon on him. I would be happy to switch my vote to Rishi or Trumpet of Doom but probably not anyone else at the moment.
Why exactly? You thought pops was scummy day 1 but you never told us why because he wasn’t in your top two. Now you don’t find him scummy and we never knew how confident you were day 1. You never committed and now you’re safely backing off.

You really ignored OGML day 1. Why would you vote for ToD now when he hasn’t said anything content-wise? You had Rishi as listed lower on your scumlist than pops day 1. Why has he jumped up so high now?
bionicchop2 wrote:I think we need 2 options as we approach deadline. Rishi is the only viable alternate right now to pops who I still think is town.
And why do you find him most likely to be scum? And why didn’t you bring this forward earlier?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by iamausername »

Jahudo wrote:Who is going to hammer before we hit deadline?
Yo.

Unvote, Vote: popsofctown
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by Vi »

Final Vote Count:

popsofctown ~ SpyreX, CF Riot, Jahudo, Moriarty147, Rishi, iamausername

Rishi (L-4) ~
iamausername,
popsofctown, bionicchop2
SpyreX (L-5) ~ Huntress
Jahudo (L-6) ~
bionicchop2

Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
Trumpet of Doom
[size=0]bionicchop2 - 0 | Huntress - 0 PROD1 6 | iamausername - 2 PROD1 13 PROD2 6 | Jahudo - 1 | CF Riot - 0 | Moriarty147 - 2 PROD1 17 PROD2 4 | Trumpet of Doom - 2 | popsofctown - 0 | Rishi - 0 PROD1 17 PROD2 2 | SpyreX - 0[/size]

-----

Officer Ima U. Name reached toward the center of the table and picked up the gun. "The trigger on this revolver looks itchy."

Officer Pops, the sap who got called up to be the next victim tried to run away while he still could, but got tackled before he reached the door. Now held up to the wall like the cheapest date in town, Ima stared him down. And Pops stared right back.

Suddenly the officers holding Pops down were thrust to the ground. Pops seemed to grow larger; and where his arms were, thick tentacles that coiled around the officers who were holding him to the wall could be seen. Officer Name started firing one, two, three times. The first shot actually hit; the other two ricocheted off the walls and went into the ceiling because of how much his arm was shaking. Pops' face, no longer human and beyond description by our language, spurted a green liquid as he - it - grasped his victims and slammed one into the wall and the other into the floor. Ima tried to fire again, but the gun jammed!

The lynchee-turned-monster unsteadily moved for its assailant, eager for retribution for the wound it had taken. Ima stepped backward, but knew he couldn't keep retreating before running against a wall... In panic, he threw the gun at the THING that was coming at him, only to see it bounce off its leathery face with no apparent injury! In response, the monster grasped the table with its appendages - of which more appeared to grow from beneath its "face" - and with an unearthly cry, threw the furniture piece at the now-cornered officer!

Officer Name could only duck the projectile, and heard a horrific *crack* as the table impacted the wall directly overhead in an explosion of sawdust. Almost immediately afterward he collapsed to the ground as the table fell atop him. Seeing the aggressor come nearer still, Ima knew he had to do something NOW. He awkwardly rolled out from under the table, and picked it up to use as a shield of some kind, holding it by the legs. Lacking options, he charged at the monster with all his might - but was stopped as IT grabbed the table from the other side! Ima felt himself being pulled off the ground as his assailant tried to throw the table over its "head", if such a term could describe it... but instead he fell to the ground as one of the legs snapped off in his hand!

Ima looked up and saw what humans are not meant to see looming directly overhead, slowly turning its head down to look at its prey. And he knew his destiny had come. But... at this point, he was willing to do whatever it took to live. With the table leg in his hand, he crouched and then leapt at the creature, stabbing its forehead over and over and over and over again! After the first few blows, it fell backward, and the officer kept piercing its monstrous face as green liquid spurted out, coating the floor and his clothing.

Time had stopped. An eternity could have passed before Officer Name finally paused for breath. When he did so, he looked at that unspeakable thing that assaulted him, and saw that it no longer moved. Adrenaline welled in his body, and he roared mightily like a beast! Victory was his!

--
popsofctown,
Tarhalindur, Cthulhu over Mafia
, Capwned D2!
--

Officer Name smiled as he breathed in deeply, and blinked.

The next thing Ima knew, he was nearly about to drop the revolver. It took him a few moments to realize that he was in the office, somewhat facing the person he had cast the last vote for (who was being held to the wall by two other officers), and held the gun in his hand ready to fire. Cold sweat dripped from Officer Name's forehead as he took aim as well as he could with his shaky hands... and shot Pops squarely in the forehead, killing him instantly.

--
popsofctown,
Vanilla Townie
, Capwned D2
--

-----

Night will last until the end of
Sunday, March 22
Nighttime prods are off -
if you do not have a Night Action, you are not obliged to send me anything.
However, my social life could use a boost, so if you really want to, feel free to send me a message.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by Vi »

Time waits for no man, but the government waits for every man. One of the officers, Todd, was developin' a reputation for bein' a sleeper sleeper. We're in a windowless room all day, but the clock said we were on it and there was still only eight of us. Officers Jahudo and Moriarty finally got fed up and started lookin' for the lazy bum, searchin' different parts of the joint. Both of 'em found 'im.

--
Trumpet of Doom,
Clarinet Player
Vanilla Townie
, Fell to Pieces N2
--

~Day 3 Start~

Vote Count:

Minimum (L-5)

Not Voting:
bionicchop2, Huntress, iamausername, Jahudo, CF Riot, Moriarty147, Rishi, SpyreX
[size=0]bionicchop2 - 0 | Huntress - 0 | iamausername - 0 | Jahudo - 0 | CF Riot - 0 | Moriarty147 - 0 | Rishi - 0 | SpyreX - 0[/size]
First Deadline Review: Sunday, April 5 2009
Current Deadline: Thursday, April 9 2009
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

fffff

Read the "bah" post rules~ ~Vi
[/b]
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by Jahudo »

It still looks to early to conclude that we only have 1 killing faction. There could be some successful stops to explain both nights.

BC who did you target last night?

Three people on both lynch wagons but that might not mean as much since we've been pushed to deadline and people have been lurking or falling behind in reading alot.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”