Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:04 am

Post by Coron »

Still suspicious of Aleyn and only gaspode in relation to aleyn.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:14 am

Post by mith »

~shrug~ Last game I played with you was Minvitational 4, and day one of that was 6 months ago. I haven't got any idea what the last large game I played with you was. :)

Looking at Minv. 4 though, yeah, short posts (a lot more of them, but that's due to less players, probably). So you're not acting inconsistent at least. However, there's a difference between trying "to put too much intelligence in the day 1 choice" and occasionally posting more than one line. Mostly it annoys me because I have only the vaguest of reads on you. :)

I disagree anyway; sure, there's a line where everyone is picking at stuff on day 1 that isn't going to lead anywhere, and we're to page 50 with no end in sight, but I've had too many day 1 successes to be too casual about it.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

Vote count, por favor?
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:59 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Gah. Prodded. Sorry about that.

I've read through, and so far as I can tell, people are going after either Aelyn for giving off odd signals and seeming to interact with Gaspode strangely, or after Gaspode for being scummy. I can see how Gaspode acted a little scummy initially, but for the most part he seems okay. Aelyn, well, he seems to have a nasty habit of misreading posts, and people have little trouble coming up with why he could easily be scum, but I just don't see it. Maybe I haven't played enough games to be able to see tells day 1, or something. In summary, I just don't know.

Really, I'm having trouble getting reads on people in this game, for some reason. Maybe I need more sleep. I'll try to follow the game more closely.
To be Continued...
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:47 pm

Post by olio »

unvote
vote: Aelyn

Looks like it's either Aelyn or Gaspode at the moment, and I don't have latter in my scummies -list.
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:58 am

Post by mith »

Huh, korais seems to have disappeared.

Anyway, I'm happy with my vote, but am also fine with a mepmuff or Aelyn lynching. Will probably switch in a few days if people don't realize how scummy korais is in that time.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:19 am

Post by Thoth »

OK, I've read through most of the thread and one thing seems clear to me:
vote:Gaspode

I almost posted this directly after reading post 88 & 102, but decided to first go through the rest of the thread, but there was nothing that changed my mind.

I also found Aelyn's posts a bit remarkable and she would have been at the top of my list if there was any room next to Gaspode.
I could not really see anything overly suspicious from either korais or mith. I'm still not sure why they were hacking into each other.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:58 am

Post by Coron »

Still wondering why we haven't lynched Aleyn yet, and also glad people are seeing what I am saying.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:10 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Um coron, what exactly are you SAYING?

So far I've heard a lot of gut instinct and not very much logic, Peachy's logic is that Aelyn is scum contingent on Gaspode being scum, so we should lynch Aelyn and ignore Gaspode since lynching Aelyn would give us less information than lynching Gaspode. and then you followed Peachy, proclaiming that it's possible that Gaspode isn't scum but Aelyn is, without actually detailiing any logic to it.

What do you expect me to see in your argument coron? Also wouldn't lynching Gaspode be the correct move under Peachy's logic?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:14 pm

Post by Coron »

1) Aelyns posts seem more suspicious, people back me up on this
2) With ANYONE there is a chance they are not scum with someone else.
3) I agree with peachy's logic, but not with how she uses it.
4) I feel lynching Aelyn would give aproximately the same information
5) I expect you to believe by going back to the bottom of the page look at all posts by Aelyn and see how scummy he is.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:15 pm

Post by Aelyn »

Coron wrote:5) I expect you to believe by going back to the bottom of the page look at all posts by Aelyn and see how scummy he is.
*Sigh*

Look, can you
please
explain to me exactly what it is you find scummy? It's incredibly difficult to answer allegations like "He has a scummy style", but if I know exactly WHAT your issues are, I actually have a chance to explain my reasoning, and perhaps make you understand that I'm not a bad guy.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:47 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Vote Count

Gaspode
(Doomcow, DP, Fuldu, Lazarusmoth, mepmuff, Pookythemagicalbear, Rolandofthewhite, Seol, Stewie, Thoth)
Aelyn 4 (Coron, Olio, Peachy, Subtle Tactix)
Korais 3 (Aelyn, Darklight, mith)
Electra 1 (Korais 666)
Genocide Heart 1 (Peacebringer)
mepmuff 1 (Genocide Heart)
mith 1 (JDtay)
Rolandofthewhite 1 (Locus Cosecant)
Sinister Overlord 1 (KingEnigma)

15 to lynch.
Last edited by Dragon Slayer on Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:31 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

Aww... Locus is stull voting for me... How sweet. :D
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:02 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I voted for Gaspode a while ago but it doesn't show up on the count.

coron, I KNOW you think Aelyn's posts seem scummy or else you wouldn't be voting for Aelyn, what I wanted to know was WHAT it was about Aelyn's posts that seem scummy.

Your Logic so far is Aelyn is scummy cuz I said so and people back me up on this.

That's just circular logic....

The validity of your argument depends on your logic, not just calling someone's actions scummy, or pointing at how many people you have following you or saying that your gut tells you.

So far that's all that you've presented and you certainly won't get anymore people to join you if that's all you are going to show us.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:18 pm

Post by Coron »

Your first post was too joking
2nd post is loaded with sarcasm and nothing useful
3rd post trying to figure out scum groups, one of which you probably already know about.
4th is still character speculation
5th says you are leaving for 3 days
6th trying to give minor pushes or trying to evade suspicion without really placing a strong suspicion(THE FIRST REAL CONTENT POST)
7th saying his scumdar off, trying to evade blame
8th FINALLY A CONVICTION too bad you back off soon. Still seeming like just trying to slide in
9th apologizing
10th Backing of conviction
11th more weak arguments
12th A post after being strongly after Gaspode he's voting for Koreis or w/e
13th Worthless post
14th FoSed Peachy who was being helpful also an at sign, check my current newbie game to see how I feel about them.
15th avatar discussion? get that out of here.
16th asking for clarification of why he is scummy even though this should be obvious.

I only hit on a few of the bases this is in no way a full statement of all scummy things done my this individual if this individual is not scum Coron Corp is not responsible for any damage done to town.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:24 pm

Post by Stewie »

That's not suspicious. In fact, you've done at least one of those yourself. More specifically, "worthless posts" with "nothing usefu"l. And the "weak arguments" one, too.

And 16th? What? More than one person asked what you find something Aelyn said that was actually scummy, so it's obviously not so obvious.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:30 pm

Post by Coron »

Go down to view all posts: by aleyn The first on the list is 1st the 2nd is 2nd etc the #s on the top of the post are off by 1 because it starts with zero.
Don't expect me to do that ever again. It was painful and it barely scratches the surface.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:38 pm

Post by Coron »

In the first post "Tactics" sounds like he's trying to plan the game in advance for instance, it's a lot of little things which is why it is so hard to discribe and painful to.
In post six "Harmless fun" is a phrase that sets me off a little bit.
Also "re-interperate" sounds like he's trying to find an acsuse.
I can point these little things out all day, but I really am pushing the deadlines for other things right now.
for a final coment in post 11 "Kinda supportive" seems to be trying to wash his hands of the afair of seeming to protect him a bit
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:13 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Coron wrote:also an at sign, check my current newbie game to see how I feel about them.
Seriously? That's the best you can do? And I don't mean just the bit quoted, although it was clearly the stupidest of the lot, but the whole thing.

And then the pedantic explaining to Stewie (I assume, since that was the only other post) about what your numbering means when clearly Stewie understood that and was complaining about the content of your comments on 16th, not your numbering system. Add Coron to the list of people I will never listen to under any circumstances. Unless he's scum in this game, in which case, well, let's hope I'm not scum with him subsequently.

If you're right about Aelyn (and really, learn to spell the name right; it's printed on most every page where you've gotten it wrong), I'll be chalking it up to luck rather than anything to do with your instincts, if that's the sorts of reasoning they're based on.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:23 am

Post by Aelyn »

Coron wrote:*snip reasons*
Thanks for the elaboration. I now kinda understand why you’re suspicious of me – namely, an unusually playful style. I’m playing around with different styles at the moment, and I didn’t realize that some people here don’t appreciate that in the same way that they do on the other forums I frequent. As far as I’m concerned, the random period of the game should include banter and theme discussion, until scumminess starts to make itself apparent. Hence my first five posts or so.

For example, my seventh post. The only reason I said “my scumdar is off” was simply that I couldn’t see what Gaspode had done which made four people or so jump on him. It wasn’t me trying to evade blame, it was me trying to point out in a somewhat jokey way that I didn’t find Gaspode’s post suspicious.

Also, the fourteenth post. I slip into a more serious mode for a few minutes, pointing out how I felt Peachy’s suspicions were based on statements taken out of context, making a group of posts seem like a train of thought when in fact they weren’t. Can you blame me for FOSing someone who was “being helpful” when that help consists of fallacious arguments against me?
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:38 am

Post by mith »

My favorite part is:
Still wondering why we haven't lynched Aleyn yet, and also glad people are seeing what I am saying.
Given that I gave Aelyn the dreaded HOS almost a week before Coron jumped on Peachy's logic.

Coron, there's a grand total of 4 people voting for Aelyn. One of them is you, one is Peachy, who posted her logic and voted before you even considered Aelyn, one is olio, who seems to be voting more because Gaspode and Aelyn are the two main lynch candidates at the moment and he doesn't feel Gaspode is scummy, and SubtleTactix does mention agreeing with your conclusion (sorta), but less because of what you were saying than because he looked through things on his own. People aren't "seeing what you're" saying, because you have said very little of any substance thus far.

If you want to trust your gut more than "crap" we post, fair enough. Don't expect anyone to listen to you on that basis, though. We have no idea how reliable your "gut" is anyway (judging by your record I saw in some post in your sig, I would guess "not very"), and even if we knew it was pretty good, you could still be scum leading us astray.

Do you seriously think it's some new breakthrough you've discovered to look at all the posts by someone and see if they seem scummy? Anyone can do that, and most people *do*, whenever bandwagons start if not before. Until you posted why you think he's scum, we have no reason to listen to a word you say.

Now, others have already addressed your "reasoning", but let's look at it in detail:

1-2. Don't get me started on humor in Mafia games again. And as for the "nothing useful" part... perhaps you should try viewing all *your* posts.
3. This is not a reason. This is you coming in with the assumption that he is scum, and trying desperately to make everything look that way.
4-5. Not related, so why mention them?
6. You mean someone posted things with little content early on day 1? Other than you? I'm shocked. You're right, he must be scum.
7-12. The actual suspicious bits, yet you post more about the first six posts than these.
13. Worthless? It was a perfectly valid counter to Electra's point, as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't excuse her previous 6 posts, but again you seem to be desperately putting suspicion on everything you can find.
14. You mean someone questioned the logic of someone who was voting for him? I'm shocked. You're right, he must be scum.
15. He was addressing confusion at his gender, and it wasn't the whole post. He was, in fact, asking you for clarification on what your actual reasons were behind the "gut"...
16. And then 4 days later had to ask again because your entire argument was "just look at him, it's obvious!".

Then we get:
Don't expect me to do that ever again. It was painful and it barely scratches the surface.
Which amuses me, as you seem to expect everyone else to go through his posts and figure out why he's suspicious, but it's "painful" for you to post it yourself. It wasn't even that long of a post, as you did a terribly incomplete job of explaining anything of substance. Refer to: Picking through everything someone says 101

Given that, at worst, Coron is scum scum scum, and at best he's completely useless to the town and seems content to remain so,
Unvote: korais, Vote: Coron
. Besides, if he keeps this up I'm going to blow a fuse being sarcastic at him.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:03 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

unvote, vote coron
-for reasons mith stated
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:39 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Modding error
. It's only 15 to lynch.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:36 am

Post by Aelyn »

Just noticed my vote - I thought I didn't have one on anyone for a sec. I really should take more care with my notes.

Unvote, vote: Coron.
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:04 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Coron, there's no way I can buy that. I'm hardly the most into the Aelyn issue myself, but your summary was really just disgusting. You're hardly the most useful player yourself, and looking at most of what you posted, it just seems like, well, it boils down to "lynch because I say so". That's not to say that you didn't point out a couple suspicious bits, but they were really wrapped up in worthless, uh, stuff.
Unvote
vote: Coron
To be Continued...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”