eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:53 am

Post by eldarad »

Encryptor allows the mafia to daytalk - ie, to PM each other during the Day. (See, for example, the Encryptor role PM from PYP2)

I think this is reasonably significant as it means that boosting GC Yesterday would have been useless to the scum anyway. And knowing that boosting GC wouldn't have helped the scum puts a different light on TDC's total opposition to boosting GC - it's an easy way for TDC-scum to gain townie points with no downside as far as scum are concerned.

So could you have a go at answering the last question in #1447 now that you know what GC's role was?
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:28 am

Post by TDC »

I assume that question is directed to RR, since I've already answered unter the assumption that the Encryptor would not be game-deciding.

So you think my fear that GC could be a RB (or rather a RB-on-boost) was unwarranted?

And you think that Incog would've vigged GC regardless?
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:04 am

Post by eldarad »

TDC wrote:I assume that question is directed to RR, since I've already answered unter the assumption that the Encryptor would not be game-deciding.
I still think it would be worthwhile for you to answer, even if only to confirm that GC's role doesn't change your opinion.
I think that the fact GC's role would have been *useless* when boosted Yesterday is somewhat different to "not game-deciding." Do you not think so?
TDC wrote:So you think my fear that GC could be a RB (or rather a RB-on-boost) was unwarranted?
I already expressed my view on that - I didn't think it was at all likely. But I also accept that such an opinion could be held sincerely.
That does not change the fact that GC's scumbuddy would have - literally - nothing to lose from opposing GC's boost.
TDC wrote:And you think that Incog would've vigged GC regardless?
I don't understand this question?
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:09 am

Post by TDC »

eldarad wrote:
TDC wrote:I assume that question is directed to RR, since I've already answered unter the assumption that the Encryptor would not be game-deciding.
I still think it would be worthwhile for you to answer, even if only to confirm that GC's role doesn't change your opinion.
I think that the fact GC's role would have been *useless* when boosted Yesterday is somewhat different to "not game-deciding." Do you not think so?
I can't really think of a boost that would not be game-deciding but still useful.
What I meant was that I see that the motive of boosting him to win the game via the boost power is not there, but I still see the possible motive of protecting him from being vigged. (see below)
TDC wrote:And you think that Incog would've vigged GC regardless?
I don't understand this question?
You wanted to boost GC to test the claim. That only makes sense if he actually survives the night. Hence Incognito would've needed to vig someone else.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:11 am

Post by TDC »

Or rather you wanted to boost him so that, if he was pro-town, his ability could help the town.
That, too, only makes sense if he survives the night.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:23 pm

Post by eldarad »

Just posting to say I'm here.
TDC, the answer to your question is fairly easy but I'll wait until I have more time and include it in a bigger post
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:59 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

eldarad wrote:Encryptor allows the mafia to daytalk - ie, to PM each other during the Day. (See, for example, the Encryptor role PM from PYP2)

I think this is reasonably significant as it means that boosting GC Yesterday would have been useless to the scum anyway. And knowing that boosting GC wouldn't have helped the scum puts a different light on TDC's total opposition to boosting GC - it's an easy way for TDC-scum to gain townie points with no downside as far as scum are concerned.

So could you have a go at answering the last question in #1447 now that you know what GC's role was?
Boosting even "vanilla" scum could still have negative implications, so my answer is the same as before.

I really have to reread this game before I go anywhere close to voting, but my extreme shortage means I'm unlikely to have the time to do so for at least another weak. You guys will just have to forgive me, since I highly doubt finding a replacement now would be of any use.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:36 am

Post by eldarad »

What negative implications would boosting a vanilla scum have had?
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:39 am

Post by TDC »

eldarad wrote:Just posting to say I'm here.
TDC, the answer to your question is fairly easy but I'll wait until I have more time and include it in a bigger post
This coming?
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:05 am

Post by eldarad »

Meh, I really haven't gotten very far. I read the Skillet wagon, and this is the climax:
Elmomod, post 100 wrote:Day 1, Vote Count #4 - Lynching
Skillet
(5) <-
Electra
sthar8
eldarad
TDC
Crazy
Way back on Day 1 I said that I felt the Skillet wagon had one scum on it, even if Skillet were scum himself. I still believe that. And that kinda leads me to TDC-scum...
The rest of the Skillet wagon doesn't tell me a lot, although with hindsight you can see how Skillet developed his "2 kinds of town, 2 kinds of scum" model that he used to try to discredit Electra's idea of what the game setup may look like.

#1437 doesn't tell us much, though I doubt that will come as a shock to you all.
TDC wrote:Or rather you wanted to boost him so that, if he was pro-town, his ability could help the town.
That, too, only makes sense if he survives the night.
Well yeah. I made my position on that reasonably clear, I thought.
I didn't expect GC to survive the Night at all, precisely because his claimed ability - if true - could confirm an innocent, per post 1339.
You were right to point out the flaws, but the benefit wasn't in GC's boost, but in the way it forced the mafia's hand - they would have HAD to kill GC or risk an auto-loss when the town arrived at lylo with one or even two innocents.
If GC survived then he was almost certainly scum. There is scope for some
very
risky WIFOM play from the mafia - which is why I didn't elaborate further Yesterday.
The real benefit from boosting GC was that it forced the mafia into a situation where their choice for who to allow to survive to lylo was restricted if GC was town, and made our choice at lylo very easy if GC was scum...exactly because the scum's kill choice had been so restricted if GC had been town.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:08 am

Post by TDC »

You're still missing the point.
How would we have reached today?
a) Incognito vigging GC regardless (making the whole thing POINTLESS)
b) Incognito taking a bigger risk
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:16 am

Post by eldarad »

Well, given that I didn't think that GC was scum, (b) wasn't such a bad option. I specifically warned against (a).
If there had been a situation where Incog had targeted GC-town but the mafia had not then thay would have been VERY alarming and would have called Incog's alignment into serious question in my mind.

With hindsight, GC would have flipped scum in that case - and so Incog would have been cleared. But we didn't know that at the time.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:19 am

Post by TDC »

Do you now see why GC being Encryptor is only half-way towards making your plan look less bad?
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:21 am

Post by TDC »

I mean, no matter how you spin it, a plan that implies scum-GC surviving the day-night-cycle is a plan with a very real chance for the game ending that night.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:28 am

Post by TDC »

You said this:
eldarad wrote:And knowing that boosting GC wouldn't have helped the scum puts a different light on TDC's total opposition to boosting GC - it's an easy way for TDC-scum to gain townie points with no downside as far as scum are concerned.
Do you still think going along with your plan would not have had an upside for scum, when we just agreed that Incognito would've needed to vig the other scum for the game to even continue?
Whom would he have chosen, you or me?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:55 am

Post by Patrick »

Bump. Don't force us to deadline this endgame.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:10 am

Post by eldarad »

TDC wrote:I mean, no matter how you spin it, a plan that implies scum-GC surviving the day-night-cycle is a plan with a very real chance for the game ending that night.
I'm not arguing that I was right about GC - I clearly wasn't.
But between the lynch and the vig-kill, we needed to be right once. If we had got GC's scumbuddy in either, then GC would be alive Today and would have to be scum. That's no better or worse than the situation we were actually faced with.

I can't speculate on who Incog might have vigged. Even if you think you know, I don't think you do.

Anyway, at the moment I am thinking that TDC is the last scum.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:49 am

Post by TDC »

eldarad wrote:
TDC wrote:I mean, no matter how you spin it, a plan that implies scum-GC surviving the day-night-cycle is a plan with a very real chance for the game ending that night.
I'm not arguing that I was right about GC - I clearly wasn't.
But between the lynch and the vig-kill, we needed to be right once. If we had got GC's scumbuddy in either, then GC would be alive Today and would have to be scum. That's no better or worse than the situation we were actually faced with.[

I can't speculate on who Incog might have vigged. Even if you think you know, I don't think you do.
I'm pretty certain it would not've been RR. So no it's definitly not the same situation.
Anyway, at the moment I am thinking that TDC is the last scum.
How so?
I mean other than that I made the right call on a plan that would've resulted in insta-loss if RR is scum.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:25 am

Post by Elmo »

Raging Rabbit has been prodded.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:48 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Was prodded, ouch.
I'm directing a film, my highschool final. Insane amounts of work. I'll finish shooting next Tuesday, and may have a little time for MS in the next couple of days, or on the weekend. Afterwards I hope to find the time to reread properly and make up my mind. Apologies for the long LA.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:19 am

Post by TDC »

I guess eld could use a prod, too.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:04 am

Post by eldarad »

I'm here. I guess I don't feel particuarly incentivised to post when one-third of the players isn't here.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:26 am

Post by TDC »

*shrug*
I figured you could reply to my previous post anyway.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:16 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Will read this over the weekend.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage