Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:36 am

Post by Slicey »

hp [leaves] wrote:
Qanqan wrote:And, though it seems to have been forgotten/ignored, I don't like how in 262, hp tried to ignore the santos bandwagon.
Weren't I the one who pointed out he had a safeclaim?
Yeah, but IIRC, you didn't vote. >_>

Your basis for voting for Seraphim is very poor, Qanqan.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Xenaroth
Xenaroth
Townie
Xenaroth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:04 am

Post by Xenaroth »

Firstly I do appologies for my absence. I have had quite a bit of work

The current debate seems to be quite a mess between Qanqan and Seraphim. I call it a mess as I see there are good points brought up by both players as well as commentry from slicey and hp[leaves].

I agree that Serapim has been at the head or at least a decent supporter of three townie lynchs (Flameaxe, Jebus and AK) but then every lynch (except for day 1) has been a townie :( but Qanqan's vote looks very OMGUS despite his reasoning.

BUT

Qanqan has not defended his small rolefish which leads me to believe it was a true rolefish (and thus a scumtell) acually Qanqan didn't really defend himself at all after Seraphim's fairly serious claim (a claim which I agree with and Seraphim just beat me to the punch)

So with Qanqan's lack of defence I
Vote: Qanqan
at least until he can defend his actions/lack of actions.

and
FoS: Seraphim
for his heading up townie lynchs

Xenaroth
Show
Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder

Currently playing:
Sushi Mafia (Day Seven) - replacement
Mini 762 - Secret-role Mafia (Day One)
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:21 am

Post by Seraphim »

Okay, question: were these town lynches players who were acting in a scummy fashion?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:17 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Vote Count:

Qanqan
(3) Seraphim, hp [leaves], Xenaroth
Seraphim
(1) Qanqan,

Note Voting:
minineko, Narsis, ortolan, Riceballtail, Azhrei, raider8169, Slicey, WhereIsTony

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Slicey »

Xenaroth wrote:(Flameaxe, Jebus and AK)
You can hardly count the Flameaxe lynch. >_>
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Minineko
Minineko
Goon
Minineko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by Minineko »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Interesting rolefish by Qangan...
Um. Where?

I dont think scumRiceball would have hammered AK mostly because of the previous chat about her being "active lurking" and bering near the end of all the wagons....

Qangan, maybe. I'll have to go back and reread.

Meow.
-_'_-
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by Slicey »

Another almost virtually useless post by minineko. Providing very little content and not much insight.

Vote: Minineko
Qanqan
Qanqan
Townie
Qanqan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by Qanqan »

Slicey wrote:Your basis for voting for Seraphim is very poor, Qanqan.
He has been voting in a very similar fashion to DGB did.
Xenaroth wrote:Qanqan has not defended his small rolefish which leads me to believe it was a true rolefish (and thus a scumtell) acually Qanqan didn't really defend himself at all after Seraphim's fairly serious claim (a claim which I agree with and Seraphim just beat me to the punch)
I didn't realise I was apparently rolefishing, and it isn't like I was the only one who didn't see it, both RBT and Azchrei didn't see Zwet was town in 997 and 998.
seraphim wrote:you are magically back in the game
So now I can't defend myself?
My name is not Quanqan or Qangan~
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:37 am

Post by Seraphim »

No, you could call it a trap really as there's no answer that makes you look town. You lurked and now that you're under fire, you're back in the game which confirms that you've been lurking which doesn't make you look good at all. The lesson: never lurk.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:22 am

Post by ortolan »

Qanqan (1193) wrote:Seraphim, after checking and tallying all the past vote counts, for the past 3 days you have been at the head of the bandwaggons on townies (3rd to vote MK D4, then 2nd to vote AK D5 before being 2nd to vote Jebus in hopes of an easier lynch, then D6 2nd to vote AK again). It seems every townie that has been mislynched, you have been the main body of it. And now you're hoping for another quick bandwagon.
This is a well-made point. It does indeed look like Seraphim is playing "race to the finish" i.e. lynch as many people as possible, as quickly as possible, until the point he can end-game us.
Seraphim (1208) wrote:No, you could call it a trap really as there's no answer that makes you look town. You lurked and now that you're under fire, you're back in the game which confirms that you've been lurking which doesn't make you look good at all. The lesson: never lurk.
Great, he's learned a lesson from this! Why is he scum though???

Would someone point me to where he's supposed to have rolefished also please?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:40 am

Post by Seraphim »

Actually, I'm getting a town read from Qangan now. I'm trying to force all the lurkers to come from their hidey holes.

Unvote
Vote: Minneko
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:04 am

Post by Slicey »

Seraphim wrote:Actually, I'm getting a town read from Qangan now. I'm trying to force all the lurkers to come from their hidey holes.

Unvote
As am I. But I don't like the vote hopping. First, RBT yesterday, then jumped right onto Qanqan and now Minineko. I'll have to check the votals for everyone whose been lynched and see if I can find something.

Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:04 am

Post by Slicey »

Seraphim wrote:Actually, I'm getting a town read from Qangan now. I'm trying to force all the lurkers to come from their hidey holes.

Unvote
As am I. But I don't like the vote hopping. First, RBT yesterday, then jumped right onto Qanqan and now Minineko. I'll have to check the votals for everyone whose been lynched and see if I can find something.

Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:05 am

Post by Slicey »

Gah, double post. >_>
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:22 am

Post by Seraphim »

Except that Minneko is the holy grail of lurkers. He votes for Pear Bear and disappears from the game. He either shows up and makes some posts or we lynch him. Now is the best time to start lurker hunting.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:38 am

Post by Slicey »

I agree with you, I just don't like the way you're going about it. >_>

Looking back, the "rolefishing" was not really rolefishing. I think I may have just misinterpreted it. Qanqan is still under the slightly scummy list, but Minineko has jumped to my number one suspect. He has hardly posted at all this entire game, and when he has, he's hardly said anything. For example, he said hardly anything about AK after he replaced in. He's voted once this entire game, attempting to hide his tracks. alvinz also did not vote at all.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:11 am

Post by Seraphim »

End justifies the means in Mafia unless I act like a total douche. Minneko is active lurking, promising content where there is none.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Slicey »

Seraphim wrote:End justifies the means in Mafia unless I act like a total douche. Minneko is active lurking, promising content where there is none.
I need to work on not being a douche in mafia games. >_> At least, at the other place I play.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Riceballtail »

Minineko reminds me greatly of K7, now that I think about it. Probably best to not have around if we get close to endgame.

Vote:Minineko
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:28 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Seeking a Narsis replacement. Tell your friends
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Unvote
This seems like a good idea however a really quick lynch could come out of these causing problems. As long as that does not happen it really is not a problem because the added votes will give us information even though it is a pattern in this game to not defend themselves.
Minineko
Minineko
Goon
Minineko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by Minineko »

I only read through the game once without really managing to conclude much, probably because I did it too quickly. When I got a bit of free time I reread from page 40 or so to try to remind myself of what has happened and to see if I could find anything. I'm still quite "out of it"; and I still don't see what this alleged rolefish is about.
Riceballtail wrote:Minineko reminds me greatly of K7, now that I think about it. Probably best to not have around if we get close to endgame.

Vote:Minineko
I know I'm certainly not the optimal player to have around at endgame, but we should be hunting scum, not bad players/lurkers (I admit to both)

Meow.
-_'_-
Minineko
Minineko
Goon
Minineko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Minineko »

raider8169 wrote:This seems like a good idea however a really quick lynch could come out of these causing problems. As long as that does not happen it really is not a problem because the added votes will give us information even though it is a pattern in this game to not defend themselves.
I can't really figure out why exactly, but this post seems kind of forced. Might just be lack of sleep.

"Quick lynches are bad but slow lynches are fine because the votes will give us information and no one in this game defends themselves much"

Maybe it's because it's poorly worded and doesn't actually say anything?

Meow.
-_'_-
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:05 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Currently reading through, this is just a post to say I'm still here.

However, may I just say, RBT's Minineko vote strikes me as incredibly scummy.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:39 am

Post by raider8169 »

Minineko wrote:
raider8169 wrote:This seems like a good idea however a really quick lynch could come out of these causing problems. As long as that does not happen it really is not a problem because the added votes will give us information even though it is a pattern in this game to not defend themselves.
I can't really figure out why exactly, but this post seems kind of forced. Might just be lack of sleep.

"Quick lynches are bad but slow lynches are fine because the votes will give us information and no one in this game defends themselves much"

Maybe it's because it's poorly worded and doesn't actually say anything?

Meow.
Its in response to some people just tossing their votes around. I do not think that is a bad thing to do as it is getting some of the lurkers out and back into the game.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”