ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

Verbosity wrote: Please direct all counter arguments now, failure to do so will be regarded as implicit agreement with my strategy, failure to follow my strategy while being in agreement with it will warrant suspicion.
I've never played a game with him before, so I have no evidence of that myself.
Jazzmyn wrote:Vote: ChiefSkye4 until he explains what he did to (and where he buried) ChiefSkye1, ChiefSkye2, and ChiefSkye3
Well, ChiefSkye1 died of natural causes. ChiefSkye2 died of a rotton baked potato poison. ChiefSkye3 died in an unfortunate ski accident. (a little bit of a Simpsons joke. Cookies to anyone who gets it.)

Vote: sekinj
For TCold's flakiness.
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:11 am

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

Verbosity wrote:Do you agree with the logic of my plan, despite the vote? Have you then played with sekinj before to the extent that you believe that he is weak enough to be most easily pressured? If no to either, why have you followed this particular course of action? Why have you only commented on my target, rather than my method? Is this because you are connected to Pablo Molinero?

Thank you for your time.
No, connection, I suppose I'm trying to preserve the sanctity of the the random vote stage. By random voting.

Also, I have no reason to think that he's scum. And, I don't know about you, but I'd rather vote out scum than a bad-playing townie.
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:43 am

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

Hey, guys, I'm up on my reading, but I just wanna say due to projects at school, I might not be fully active until Thursday. I'll keep reading and post, but it can't be much. Thanks.
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

MafiaSSK wrote:Gateway is seeming pretty scummy.
Unvote vote Gateway
Elaborate, ja?

Forgot to unvote from random stage.

unvote
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

Hey guys. Back a little early, finished my project before deadline! Hurrah for no procrastinating...sort of...anyway, re-read the posts, and here are my views on a couple of them:
Gateway wrote:I've retired from the army here long before some of you were even born, and I still keep a few connections up high. By ten o'clock (night phase) I get a list of two possible people one possible scum. I can choose to pass that along in the morning... or ask my connections in the police force to deal with the one I think is it.
Ok, as you know, this is the original claim by Gateway. I just want to point out some major discrepencies between this and what he's saying now/flavor discrepencies/interesting points/doubtful points:

"I've retired from the army..."

-Later, when pressed for a specific title, he says he's a retired hitman. Hitmen, to my knowledge, are not typically in the army (unless they're some special ops stuff, and that's even a little extreme). Hitmen are normally underworld for-hire killers.

"...and I still keep my connections up high..." vs. "...connections in the police force..."

-Maybe I'm just nitpicky, but here's another possible flavor slip- assuming you're a retired armyman, policemen wouldn't be "connections up high."

"...by ten o'clock (night phase)..."

-I see nothing particularly revealing or
scummy
, as much as I find this interesting. I wonder if that's a random bit of information with no bearing, or if our nights in this game have some sort of timing structure.

"...or
ask
my connections in the
police force
to
deal with
the one I think it is..."

-"Ask" implies a request, not an order. This seems to all hinge on whoever the cop is to accept such a request.
-"Police force." Thinking logically "police"=cop=investigating. Not killing. Most games that I've participated in has a cop who
investigates
, not kills.
-"Deal with..." Very, very ambiguous.
-Notice that as the game goes on, Gateway phases the cops out of this at all. Now, it seems (and as Jazz pointed out), that it will be HIM [Gateway] doing the killing directly.

All in all, I'm 90% sure the claim is untrue- it has too many holes. If it does (doubt it) turn out to be true, then it may hold some interesting info.

Anyway,
Gateway wrote:I already said I can kill one of the two people if I want so yes.
An example of Gateway leaving the cops out of the picture.
Gateway wrote: Basically lynching me on a hunch day 1, or wait and lynch me day two with a 100% facts if I don't supply two names that fit the towns satisfaction. Which is better?
Ok, the plan that is currently being considered for Gateway is all fine and dandy, but consider this- IF we were to leave him be, and he IS mafia, this is worst case scenario:

-We lynch town today
-Tonight, mob NKs, Gateway prepares phony list with two townies, and "chose to present them to us."
-Day: lynch one on the list, turns up town.
-Night again, mob NKs again
-Next day, we lynch other townie on "list." Turns up town, we know Gateway is mob.
-Mob NKs that night
-Day, we lynch Gateway, turns up mafia.

TOWN BODY COUNT: 6
MAFIA BODY COUNT: 1

Is that really worth it? If we're going to let Gateway live, we better be damn sure that we don't mess up one step of the way. If he is scum, we're trusting a lot in his hands.
Gateway wrote:Unless Panzerjager comes up with a good excuse for their false claim, Panzerjager is scum.
Scum because they said they had experience with you? Doubt it, but I suppose it's poooossible. But you're overreacting QUITE a bit here.
sekinj wrote:well, in that case, i completely believe gateway!!! who knows was other very powerful role the bad guys have!

In any case, let it be noted that sekinj is heavily and wholeheartedly defending Gateway.
sekinj wrote:I find it believeable because I don't think gateway could come up with it on his own.
Possible. But, if my theory is correct, that the claim is fake because of all of the holes, it could fit with your "excuse" for sekinj. You find it hard to believe that he came up on his own due to inexperience or inattentiveness? Well, with all of the descrepencies, maybe it could only be him who came up with it.
sekinj wrote:
i think gateway just skims and does see everything.

I think you mean "doesn't." And this post, among others of yours, remind me of a mother defending her son, frivolously and unnecessarily. It strikes me as odd that sekinj defends not Gateway's gameplay, but his
reading skills.
Noted.
Verbosity wrote:ChiefSkye4: Do you want to be taller?
Nah. I'm 5'8", which is rather tall for a 15-year-old American girl.
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

I'm all for either the Gateway lynch today, or the sekinj lynch. Gateway's claim is...fishy, to say the least, but that 10% that it's genuine is worth quite a bit. If we're gonna let Gateway live, we're entrusting a lot of people's fate with him (as I previously pointed out, up to 6 townies), so we have to make sure not to misstep.

My problem with sekinj is her constant, unfailing, excessive defense of Gateway. It means something, whether it be scum or independent faction, I get a bad feeling from her.
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

Oops, crossposting. Sekinj posted as I posted the above. Well, 279 gives me that feeling again about the mother defending her son, and telling him to shut up when he's said a little too much.

vote: sekinj
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:20 am

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

sekinj wrote:how is it anti-town to try to give a TOWN power role a shot?
Well, when you're the only one in the entire game that is convinced that Gateway is not a liar, there has to be something up. Just to clarify, 1-10, how much to you believe Gateway's CLAIM? Just his claim. 10 being "spotless, without a doubt", 1 being "this is totally BS."
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:08 am

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

Gateway wrote:
ChiefSkye4 wrote:
Well, when you're the only one in the entire game that is convinced that Gateway is not a liar, there has to be something up. Just to clarify, 1-10, how much to you believe Gateway's CLAIM? Just his claim. 10 being "spotless, without a doubt", 1 being "this is totally BS."
Only one? It was TheAdmiral and Verbosity that came up with the plan of believing my role for a night and judging me on D2. So sekinj isn't the only one.

I am tired of baseless facts, it is how Panzer (notice they still haven't proven me wrong, although they'll spat about a million other things) became obvious scum to me.

So don't throw someone in front of a train with your own. I think it would help if we asked questions and considered the answers instead of accusing people and trying to yell louder when they explain.
Mm. Maybe the phrasing "ONLY ONE" wasn't entirely appropriate, but it certainly wasn't a stretch. Verb expresses his doubts rather loudly and makes sure that everyone knows he'll be the first to lynch you if you're lying. He just thinks that the pros of not lynching you outweigh the cons in his eyes. 2/12 fully believing you, still a bit off.

Anyways, that aside, the question for Sekinj still stands.
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:11 am

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

sekinj wrote:
ChiefSkye4 wrote:
10, i'm afraid
Ah, sorry, as I posted, everyone else did lol. Ok.
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:57 am

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

Gateway wrote:Look no further Archon

So here is the problem, man I am going to get slack. I -did- get Panzer and Spoilum's names, and I did choose Spoilum over Panzer. I remember the last think Sekinj posted that maybe Panzer and me just had a misunderstanding so I reread it. I see now why Panzer was so hard on the "plenty" and that exact wording issue. At the time I didn't really understand meta-gaming so it went over my head. All the same Sekinj said maybe Panzer was just being suspicious so I picked Spoilum. I figured Panzer was an easy lynch if I was wrong.
I won't lie- this mafia death
does
make me have a bit more confidence in you and your ability. But I still have doubts. You were dead-set against Panz D1. And to have the possibility to have his head right there on a platter...but you choose someone that you hadn't really openly suspected to kill instead? Hm.
Gateway wrote:BTW, Panzer kill was an obvious set up to make me look bad as I fought with them often.
WIFOM- you could have thought "Hey, this would deflect suspicion, let's do it!"
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

Panzerjager wrote:
I'm happy with letting Gateway continue.
So, by this, I assume you believe him 100%? Another quick change of heart. :?
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (isolation #12) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

Panzerjager wrote:If scum keep dying why not let him live?
Meh, simple enough.
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

Archon wrote:
Anyone notice that there was no mafia night kill? The only night kill was a mafia. Which leads me to believe this; (so sorry, Gateway)

Gateway is mafia. And by the looks of it, a pretty important mafia role too. The mafia most likely conversed, and decided that they should kill one of their own to get Gateway into the "nice" area of our hearts. Supposing there are 4 mafia, my math is this;

Day 2, 3 Mafia, 8 Townies.
Gateway and mafia kill one of themselves to win over gateway into the rest of the townies. Town lynches self.

Day 3, 3 mafia, 6/7 townies.
Gateway "accidentally" chooses the wrong person to kill/ Dosen't kill anyone. Releases other name/both names. Townies lynch self.

Day 4, 3 mafia, 4/5 townies.
Townie lynched, one of the two names gateway realesed. Townies prepare to lynch other person. Mafia kill townie.

Day 5, 3 mafia, 2/3 townies.
Turns out gateway is BSing everyone. Prepare to lynch gateway. Mafia kills.

Day 6, 2 mafia, 1/2 townies.
Game over.

Now, I know that there are plenty of holes in this, and I probably did not express my thinking clearly. but the real point that I'm trying to make is that Panz is not a guaranteed town, Gateway should not be regarded at town either, and that wherever this leads, this could have easily been faked by the mafia to try to get the mafia into the townie group. So please stop regarding Gateway as the perfect townie.
This is an extremely valid possibility. It does explain the absence of a mafia NK, and unless anyone else can really think of one (besides a doc protecting), I think this is the best reason I've heard so far.
TheAdmiral wrote:Actually the best play would probably be to no lynch. If gateway keeps providing us with scum we will win before too long. And if not we can move on from there.
Although Archon gives great reasoning, this proposition is probably the most fool-proof way. If Gateway keeps handing us scum- yay! If he doesn't- boo! And he dies. Simple and (at least most likely) with the least townie casualties.

Unless there's a break in any other case,
Vote: no lynch

As for the building Az wagon, I reread his posts, and I can't really find anything there that's alarming or particularly scummy.

In summary, I like Archon's thinking, and am willing to support a Gateway lynch, but I feel since a scum turned up dead today, he deserves another chance.
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (isolation #14) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

Hahah, incred game, Bat. Really creative. Kudos.

@Spoilum- don't worry about it. I probably would have assumed that the highest offer would win anyway, but we woulda both been wrong. :(

Anyway, good game all.
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

Maybe cheaper items at the hitman shop. Obviously, that didn't apply to me, but I think it would have been interesting to see those things implemented in play.
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

Haha, we didn't send anything before deadline. Just numbskulled-ness on my/our part, really. : /

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”