Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:08 am

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

Gateway wrote:
ChiefSkye4 wrote:
sekinj wrote:how is it anti-town to try to give a TOWN power role a shot?
Well, when you're the only one in the entire game that is convinced that Gateway is not a liar, there has to be something up. Just to clarify, 1-10, how much to you believe Gateway's CLAIM? Just his claim. 10 being "spotless, without a doubt", 1 being "this is totally BS."
Only one? It was TheAdmiral and Verbosity that came up with the plan of believing my role for a night and judging me on D2. So sekinj isn't the only one.

I am tired of baseless facts, it is how Panzer (notice they still haven't proven me wrong, although they'll spat about a million other things) became obvious scum to me.

So don't throw someone in front of a train with your own. I think it would help if we asked questions and considered the answers instead of accusing people and trying to yell louder when they explain.
Mm. Maybe the phrasing "ONLY ONE" wasn't entirely appropriate, but it certainly wasn't a stretch. Verb expresses his doubts rather loudly and makes sure that everyone knows he'll be the first to lynch you if you're lying. He just thinks that the pros of not lynching you outweigh the cons in his eyes. 2/12 fully believing you, still a bit off.

Anyways, that aside, the question for Sekinj still stands.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:10 am

Post by sekinj »

already answered
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:11 am

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

sekinj wrote:
ChiefSkye4 wrote:
Well, when you're the only one in the entire game that is convinced that Gateway is not a liar, there has to be something up. Just to clarify, 1-10, how much to you believe Gateway's CLAIM? Just his claim. 10 being "spotless, without a doubt", 1 being "this is totally BS."
10, i'm afraid
Ah, sorry, as I posted, everyone else did lol. Ok.
Verbosity
Verbosity
Townie
Verbosity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:12 am

Post by Verbosity »

Azhrei wrote:I really don't have anything to say. If you read this thread, it yells 'Gateway is scum or a SK!' Really, whichever one it is, we should just lynch him.

I'm also mildly tempted to vote Sekinj, but I'm a little put off by her attitude. Gateway is a much better lynch.

Also, Gateway, if you're wondering why I'm just not saying much to you, it's because you're an idiot, and there's no point asking questions when they won't be answered, or I'll be insulted because the answer is apparently 'common sense'. Ok? Now go back to randomly spouting shit.
This is precisely why we keep him alive till he stops turning up dead scum for us. There's no sense killing him if he might remove a scum for us.
sekinj wrote:
ChiefSkye4 wrote:
10, i'm afraid
Consternation. Why is she still breathing?
My username is Verbosity for a reason.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:15 am

Post by sekinj »

Verb wrote: Gateway, you should be voting for sekinj, unless you want to die.
this
Verb wrote: sekinj, you should be voting for yourself, unless you want Gateway to die.
You are right, maybe I am just bluffing. I'm probably just scum who is trying to get myself confirmed as town by standing up for someone i KNOW is going to flip town... that way I can just about get myself confirmed as town and will skate through the rest of the game and WIN!! hmmm....
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:15 am

Post by molestargazer »

Right. Enough procrastinating, time to take a look at this thread. From my last post, P9 (post 208).

I like Spolium's thinking in Post 209. I think that allowing Gateway to live is simply too risky.
Sekinj wrote:Which is exactly what I said about why i dont' think the role is so powerful. introduce a little wifom, and you cut back a role's power dramatically.
Had gateway not had to claim today, do you still think the role would not be all that powerful?
Gateway wrote:Not so much that I skim, but as I said I am still on meds (not strongly now) so I don't like to retype things I feel I have answered.
Off-topic, I hope you're OK - but since we don't know what the meds are, or how they might addle you, it doesn't count as a defence in my eyes. I understand you may have answered that repeatedly, however I would have liked you to at least quoted it and directed me to where you had answered it.
Sekinj wrote:I, for one, expect weird roles in a theme game...
However, this game could be no more 'theme' than having a flavour.
Gateway wrote:- Still no 100% on who the scum is, only a 50% chance.
No. You claim you are 100% sure that ONE of them is scum. One dies, the over is 100% scum. The scum dies, the other is 100% town.
ThAdmiral wrote:- we let gateway live.
- tonight he uses his ability and chooses to kill someone
- if the someone he kills is town we lynch him tomorrow after he gives us the other name, if he then turns up town we lynch the other name the next day
- if the someone he kills is scum we let him live again, and repeat the process

a) if he is town the mafia will most likely kill him anyway, and if he doesn't get killed then we have a ridiculously overpowered role with us and will win the game shortly.
b) if he is scum the only way he gets to survive is if he gives us a scum per night, which is a damn good deal for us townies.
c) if he is scum and doesn't want to give up his scumbuddies then he will die shortly and we will have lynched a scum on day 2 which isn't bad.
Introduce WIFOM after he's killed a scumbuddy or two, and he could still get away with it. I don't like this. Partly because of Post 209.
Verbosity wrote:ThAdmiral's plan relies on Gateway actually killing, which I think he will dodge and say that he didn't find either scummy
This is also a good point.
Gateway wrote:Then Panzer claims I said I couldn't be night killed; that came out of eastbumblefek, nowhere.
You have mentioned this a few times and it seems to have been ignored.
Could you please QUOTE and give the POST NUMBER of where Panzer has lied, state the lie, and explain why it is so. If it's true, I'll certainly pay it heed.
Verbosity wrote:Frankness, no need to cover up with false humility, townish. References to personal life, with light hearted behaviour, townish. Assumptions about my intent, scummish.
Interesting. Do you really believe that people answering questions or making statements about RL is due to their role, or just their real-life character/personality?
Gateway wrote:As for Molestargzaer and Archon. I stated in a previous post on day one nothing can be seen as proof. I am townie and I've seen people twist my words so they could just be falling for that effect or misreading. Only Panzer has clearly lied about something I know 100%
Wishy-washy. Take a look at our posts. Do you think one of us is more likey to be scum than another? Why?

Bloody hell, I'm only onto page 11 now.
I'm going to take a quick break. If I don't post more tonight, I will do at some point tomorrow.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:21 am

Post by sekinj »

molester wrote:
sekinj wrote:Which is exactly what I said about why i dont' think the role is so powerful. introduce a little wifom, and you cut back a role's power dramatically.
Had gateway not had to claim today, do you still think the role would not be all that powerful?
If he came up with two names out of the blue tomorrow (without having claimed today) how much would have you trusted those two names? Without claiming, all he can do is gun for the one he thinks is scum and hope everyone else is convinced. with claiming, he just has to hope people believe him... either way, it's wifom city.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:22 am

Post by sekinj »

molester wrote:Bloody hell, I'm only onto page 11 now.
I'm going to take a quick break. If I don't post more tonight, I will do at some point tomorrow.
it will be 20 pages by then...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:08 am

Post by Gateway »

Running through, but a quick reply to Mole.

- Meds were vicodins which I am not used to. Back to a normal prop. 215 now since I'm better, thanks.

"No. You claim you are 100% sure that ONE of them is scum. One dies, the over is 100% scum. The scum dies, the other is 100% town. "

- Remember both the TheAdmiral and Verbosity saying thier own wordings of my original plan to prove my role? Yes I am 100% sure that One of -the two- is scum. I don't know which. So I only have a 50% chance of finding scum. Yes I can kill and in the next day I'll know the truth, but the plan (originally many, many, posts ago) was for me to report the two.

Yes if I kill one we know, but I was trying to find a town friendly way to solve the issue of proving my role. It seemed a sensible at the time until Verb said otherwise.

"Verbosity wrote:
ThAdmiral's plan relies on Gateway actually killing, which I think he will dodge and say that he didn't find either scummy

This is also a good point. "

- Yes, but I've already agreed that I will kill one tonight, we've made that new change to the plan after Verbosity pointed out the importance in me doing a kill. If I don't kill one tonight feel free to lynch me first page D2. I'll even throw the first vote on to get it rolling.

"
Gateway wrote:
Then Panzer claims I said I couldn't be night killed; that came out of eastbumblefek, nowhere.

You have mentioned this a few times and it seems to have been ignored.
Could you please QUOTE and give the POST NUMBER of where Panzer has lied, state the lie, and explain why it is so. If it's true, I'll certainly pay it heed. "

- After I admit to a newbie mistake and someone agrees it seemed newbie Panzer tries to throw suspicion back on me with this.
Panzerjager wrote:Plenty..He's played alot..I would quote the answer but it's in a diff game.
Exactly, a game where I could be scum using a certain defense. Or maybe I was just fitting in with the post above me in that game, Panzer knows EXACTLY what I am talking about. This post alone probably just screwed me if anyone meta's in the other game, thanks for ruining that Panzer. It has been a basis of Panzer's original "he isn't a newb making a mistake" lynch mob. Panzer's whole idea is using meta as stupid as they've not seen me be exposed or finish one game, so how can they know which playstyle dictates which behavior? Panzer is scum using meta mumbo-jumbo to turn a vote.

Post 224 you'll find this nk nonsense. He opens with all this nonesense of a role being broken if it is can't nk it. Which has nothing to do with me. Then after building up momentum of people going against a bs unNK, threw some crap out with my name to focus the momentum.

But I never claimed that NK's can't touch me
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:10 am

Post by Battousai »

Vote Count

Gateway
- 5 (Azhrei, Molestargazer, MafiaSSK, Spolium, Panzerjager)
sekinj
- 4 (Verbosity, Archon, Jazzmyn, Chiefskye4)
Panzerjager
- 1 (Gateway)
No Lynch
- 1 (sekinj)

Not Voting
: ThAdmiral

It takes 7 to lynch!

Apparently someone likes to change their vote when I post the vote count. Edited to show for that miss in the last Vote Count, thus reflecting this one.
Last edited by Battousai on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Gateway »

Sorry, didn't copy/paste the last part.

"As for Molestargzaer and Archon. I stated in a previous post on day one nothing can be seen as proof. I am townie and I've seen people twist my words so they could just be falling for that effect or misreading. Only Panzer has clearly lied about something I know 100%.
Wishy-washy. Take a look at our posts. Do you think one of us is more likey to be scum than another? Why? ?"

I can't say one way or the other, I have no facts to go after both of you. I was asked my opinions of you two since I had not shared them yet. Wasn't trying to say either of you are scum to me yet.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:33 am

Post by Azhrei »

sekinj wrote: You are right, maybe I am just bluffing. I'm probably just scum who is trying to get myself confirmed as town by standing up for someone
i KNOW is going to flip town
... that way I can just about get myself confirmed as town and will skate through the rest of the game and WIN!! hmmm....
This.

Unvote, Vote: Sekinj

Also,
Mod: I thought Panzer had goen back to voting Gateway?
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:37 am

Post by Spolium »

sekinj wrote:
Verb wrote: sekinj, you should be voting for yourself, unless you want Gateway to die.
You are right, maybe I am just bluffing. I'm probably just scum who is trying to get myself confirmed as town by standing up for someone i KNOW is going to flip town... that way I can just about get myself confirmed as town and will skate through the rest of the game and WIN!! hmmm....
He has a point - you've professed to finding a sekinj-lynch more beneficial to the point where you've announced the readiness of your farewell post. It seems that if you really meant
IT MEANS I BELEIVE GATEWAY AND WOUDL RATHER LYNCH MYSELF IN ORDER TO GIVE HIM A SHOT TONIGHT!!
then a self-vote would've served as a more potent gesture of willingness.

Since you've expressed relative certainty of Gateway's honesty, is there any particular reason for which you didn't self-vote?

Preview edit: L-1 now. Question still stands, in the context of the thread prior to Azhrei's vote in #361.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by sekinj »

L-2
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by sekinj »

Spoilum wrote:Since you've expressed relative certainty of Gateway's honesty, is there any particular reason for which you didn't self-vote?
because this is an elborate ploy to get gateway lynched....
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by Spolium »

I stand corrected.

Can you answer the question?
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by sekinj »

you stand correct again :P
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Spolium »

GODDAMN IT
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by Spolium »

sekinj wrote:because this is an elborate ploy to get gateway lynched....
Seriously, though.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by sekinj »

Spolium wrote:
sekinj wrote:because this is an elborate ploy to get gateway lynched....
Seriously, though.
Because if I vote myself now, no one else will do the dirty work of hammering me.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by Spolium »

The deadline's a few days shy of a fortnight away. You didn't think it might be worth doing it to see if anyone did?
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by sekinj »

nope.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

I do not intend to move my vote from sekinj. As I've already said, I think that Gateway is an independent and that sekinj is scum hoping to capitalize on Gateway's messed up claim. Her most recent posts only reinforce my beliefs in that regard.

Thus, sekinj is the best lynch for today.

@Mod:
the last few vote counts have said that Gateway has 6 votes but with only 5 names following. Can you please clarify whether this is a series of miscounts (or whether one of those players has a double vote)?

Regards,
Jazz
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by Battousai »

Sorry for the miscounts. It's just hard to keep everything on track with some many posts and working on two finals right now.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

No worries at all. Just wanted to make sure.

(And good luck with your finals.)

Regards,
Jazz

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”