justinl
Goon
justinl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:31 am

Post by justinl »

MastermindOfSin wrote:I don't think MR. Flay is playing both sides of the die
So trying to explain how I can be innocent when Maverick is scum, and then shamelessly hinting that I'm scum with Maverick is not playing both sides of the die?
MastermindOfSin wrote:since nearly all of the possibilities where I'm not scum involve Maverick as scum, that's where my vote is going[/quote[
That's a shocker, since you
are
scum
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:48 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

justinl wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:You're conveniently ignoring the other ways I mentioned that Maverick could be scum without you being an evil mason.
Mr. Flay wrote:so now you know Maverick's mind? If I didn't know better, I'd have thought you conversed last night...
1) Stop trying to play both sides of the die. It only serves to confuse. If you were acutally town you would be trying to find the truth, not using two opposing arguments to try to prove your point.
I know you think this makes you clever, but really, try to read for comprehension. "
If I didn't know better
means I don't
actually
think you're scum with Maverick, but the way you're talking means it's still a (remote) possibility.
2) Once again, if I am not an evil mason then you are scum.
You're repeating yourself, and not to good effect.
3) Yeah, I know Maverick's mind.. because I read the thread. I'll enlighten you with a brilliantly selected quote.
Maverick wrote:I'm at the point of not caring anymore because you guys are the most stubborn people I've ever played with.
I know it's hard, but if you read deep enough into it you can see where I got that Maverick is frustrated. :roll:
Really? Why would Maverick give up at this point? If he's town, then he's miraculously nailed two (or three) of the scum that have eluded us all game! But if Maverick is scum, then he knows he's got a good chance of getting lynched when nonny votes, and therefore has good reason to have given up.
KingEnigma wrote:does everyone agree that MoS is scummy?
Do I think MoS is scummy-acting? Sure. He's *still* parroting everyone else in the game, and not really putting forth much of his own information. Is it enough to vote for him rather than the person who is voting for me and saying he has an investigation proving me guilty? Not today. Lynch the right person today, and IS can investigate MoS tonight and we'll have more of an answer. Remember, whichever person turns out to be the cop, they're proven either sane or random, and I'm not betting on a random cop being here.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:54 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Same post, fixing the qouting problems (that'll teach me not to preview to avoid double-posting).
justinl wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:You're conveniently ignoring the other ways I mentioned that Maverick could be scum without you being an evil mason.
Mr. Flay wrote:so now you know Maverick's mind? If I didn't know better, I'd have thought you conversed last night...
1) Stop trying to play both sides of the die. It only serves to confuse. If you were acutally town you would be trying to find the truth, not using two opposing arguments to try to prove your point.
I know you think this makes you clever, but really, try to read for comprehension. "
If I didn't know better
" means I don't
actually
think you're scum with Maverick, but the way you're talking means it's still a (remote) possibility.
2) Once again, if I am not an evil mason then you are scum.
You're repeating yourself, and not to good effect.
3) Yeah, I know Maverick's mind.. because I read the thread. I'll enlighten you with a brilliantly selected quote.
Maverick wrote:I'm at the point of not caring anymore because you guys are the most stubborn people I've ever played with.
I know it's hard, but if you read deep enough into it you can see where I got that Maverick is frustrated. :roll:
Really? Why would Maverick give up at this point? If he's town, then he's miraculously nailed two (or three) of the scum that have eluded us all game! But if Maverick is scum, then he knows he's got a good chance of getting lynched when nonny votes, and therefore has good reason to have given up.
KingEnigma wrote:does everyone agree that MoS is scummy?
Do I think MoS is scummy-acting? Sure. He's *still* parroting everyone else in the game, and not really putting forth much of his own information. Is it enough to vote for him rather than the person who is voting for me and saying he has an investigation proving me guilty? Not today. Lynch the right person today, and IS can investigate MoS tonight and we'll have more of an answer. Remember, whichever person turns out to be the cop, they're proven either sane or random, and I'm not betting on a random cop being here.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:06 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Mr. Flay, I really don't like how you are trying to push around something I've only done a few times and blow it into a big reason why I seem scummy to you. You just keep pointing fingers at me, but I don't see how you get me seeming scummy out of what you mentioned. I think you're just grasping at straws now.
Unvote, Vote: Mr. Flay
I think I finally see what Maverick and Justin were trying to tell us. You've got to be scum. IS, I've got to hand it to ya. You had me going for a while. Buttering me up like that, making me think that you were the real cop. Great job, but I'm not falling for it anymore. Maverick's the real cop, and I'm sticking by that.
Permanent V/LA.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:46 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

Bah, you are all a buch of fools

Im the cop Dammnit! Mavertick is SCUM.

Damnit im gettting so sick of this. SOmeone end the dam,n day alreadsy.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Maverick
Maverick
Goon
Maverick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:39 am

Post by Maverick »

Post count?

Where's Nonny been?

*Maverick*
Maverick
Maverick
Goon
Maverick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:39 am

Post by Maverick »

vote* sry.

Maverick
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:00 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Is that my lynch?

Bah. At least the game's over...
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:04 am

no, that's not a lynch, and don't think that whole act of playing pro-town is gonna fool me, Mr. Flay. I would like a vote count to confirm this, though
Permanent V/LA.
justinl
justinl
Goon
justinl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:59 am

Post by justinl »

Mr. Flay wrote:Is that my lynch?

Bah. At least the game's over...
I wonder how many times in the past that gambit has actually worked.
Cubsfan4ever
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:14 pm

Post by Cubsfan4ever »

Vote Count

Mr. Flay- 3 (Maverick, justinl, Mastermind of Sin)
Maverick- 2 (Internet Stranger, Mr. Flay)
Mastermind of Sin- 1 (KingEnigma)

Not Voting: nonny

With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch.

Been a week since nonny last posted. She'll be prodded.

I'm going to set
Retractable Deadline for March 11th 6:30 PM EST

Deadlines rules are as follows:
If no player has reached the majority of 4 votes by the time the deadline has passed then a player with 3 votes will be lynched.

If two players have 3 votes on them then the one who acquired those three votes first will be lynched.

If no player has three votes the day will end in a No Lynch.

I will retract the deadline if there is a slight uproar over it.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:35 pm

I really think that Maverick may just be serving us up a scum friend. I much prefer to lynch Maverick, since thats 100% guaranteed for me.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:32 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Sorry, I thought KE had voted for me earlier.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:51 pm

no, KE is somehow convinced that I'm scum...
Permanent V/LA.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:12 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:no, KE is somehow convinced that I'm scum...
That's okay, for once I agree with him. I'm pretty sure you're scum, but I *know* Maverick is...

I'd be willing to vote for either of you at this point, but if we resolve the Maverick question, then the cop thing doesn't linger tomorrow, and we can trust the results.
Maverick
Maverick
Goon
Maverick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:34 am

Post by Maverick »

Notice now that Flay is closer to getting lynched, IS, and Flay put more time into saying that they kind of think each other is scum. IS is saying that Flay could be scum (even though he did say it once before) that way if we do lynch Flay, tomorrow he can say well I said I thought he might be scum. And Flay is now saying MoS may be scum because 1. he's trying to save his own neck and 2. That way if we lynch MoS then Flay can say tomorrow well I said I thought he might be scum.

I know Mr. Flay, and Internet Stranger are scum, so I would prefer lynch one of the two of them. But I'm like 85% sure that MoS is the third scum. I have no way of knowing though, but if we lynch one of the other two nonny could protect me tonight, and I could investigate MoS, just to know for sure. If we lynch scum today, we'll most likely end up winning this game, unless IS could pull it off somehow tomorrow (assuming he's not lynched, because I doubt it at this point).

*Maverick*
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:09 am

How convinient that Maverick's plan falls perfectly with my theory that he is feeding us his goons so that we fall for his bogus claim. Once we trust him, its time to dunk whichever accused witch he wants in the river.

oops, did you forget to mention the downside there Maverick?

Maverick has to look for scapegoats since I have him fingered and cornered. My investigation 100% accurate.

Mod, it may be time for a hard deadline.
Show

KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:11 am

Post by KingEnigma »

i'll second the deadline, as much conversation is going on, nothing is happening. I'm still very happy with my MoS vote.
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:46 am

unvote
i'm not sure of this at all any more...everything seems to fit so well, until I think of several ways that it doesn't...i'll need to make a full reread before doing anything else...
Permanent V/LA.
justinl
justinl
Goon
justinl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:13 am

Post by justinl »

Here's what I think:
When KE said that He was going to stick with his vote on MOS, MOS realized that it would probably be safe to put another vote on Mr. Flay, so that he would look innocent when Flay got lynched. The thing is, he doesn't really want his scum partner to die, so he's going to unvote now that he doesn't look partnered up with flay anymore..
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:51 am

Despite that the fact that everybody and their mother already insists that they are partnered?

The time for cheeky monkey games is very much over. Stop the insanity and lynch Maverick.
Show

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:01 pm

justinl wrote:Here's what I think:
When KE said that He was going to stick with his vote on MOS, MOS realized that it would probably be safe to put another vote on Mr. Flay, so that he would look innocent when Flay got lynched. The thing is, he doesn't really want his scum partner to die, so he's going to unvote now that he doesn't look partnered up with flay anymore..
If I was scum with Mr. Flay, why would it matter? If I helped lynch Mr. Flay, the cop(which would have to be Maverick for your theory to work) would then just investigate me anyways, so there wouldn't be any way to get out of that the next day. So why would voting for Mr. Flay make me his partner? You have yet to come up with any reasonable theories about why I would vote for my scum partner at this point. If I didn't want my "partner" to die, why would I have ever voted for him in the first place? Needless to say, I'm just extremely confused by all of this right now, hence the reason I've unvoted until I rethink everything.
Permanent V/LA.
justinl
justinl
Goon
justinl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:13 pm

Post by justinl »

MastermindOfSin wrote:the cop(which would have to be Maverick for your theory to work) would then just investigate me anyways, so there wouldn't be any way to get out of that the next day.
The point is to confuse the non-cops, who are still not sure of who the real cop is..
MastermindOfSin wrote:You have yet to come up with any reasonable theories about why I would vote for my scum partner at this point.
justinl wrote:so that he would look innocent when Flay got lynched.
So did you not read that part, or just hope i'd forget I'd said it?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:42 pm

no, i already adressed it...if I'm mr. flay's partner and I help lynch him, the cop will investigate me and it won't matter how I look. And what's this about confusing the non-cops? I thought you were of the opinion that if Mr. Flay was scum so was IS, so it's obvious that if that's true, the only person you need to follow blindly is Maverick. Like I said, you haven't produced a reasonable theory as to why I might try to lynch my scum partner, if I'm scum.
Permanent V/LA.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:40 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I agree that the deadline should stick, because otherwise we're going to just go in circles and circles and circles talking...

Maverick, your capacity for generating bull just astounds me. First you say "IS and Flay are insinuating each other might be scum", when I've been saying <u>since Day One</u> that I thought IS was scummy. He's always scummy, so nobody votes for him, but reread if you don't believe me. The only reason I'm not voting for him is your counterclaim, which confirms that he's telling the truth and I'm not scum, so you're lying.

Then you try to say that MoS is voting for me to alleviate suspicion tomorrow, when I (and others) have already established that with the cop alive through tonight, we'll have confirmation or investigation on everyone who is in question in the game, enough to win it outright. It doesn't matter what the scum's "voting record" is today, if they get a lynch on town, they win, if they don't, they're doomed.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”