Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:27 pm

Post by Thesp »

Darklight, thank you for giving us your suspicion lists to work from. I do want people actively participating, and this game has been very frustrating for me as a result. Perhaps I'm more used to games at MiseTings, where games explode (Mafia: Vengeance there is in Night Five, with 2,516 posts in one month). Compared with here, I'm at a loss. I'm trying not to let my frustration for the slow play affect my votes, but at the same time so many people are flying under the radar it's impossible to get a read on them. (For instance, what can we discover about bigbenwd from his posts? Nothing. It's not helpful.)

I'm still not certain about PeaceBringer. I do give him credit for backing up his votes now (thanks for that, by the way). What bothers me is not that his investigative targets are dead, but that they died the same night he investigated him. This leads me to three possibilities:
1) He's telling the truth, and picked the same people the townies decided to kill.
2) He's actually psychotic, and kills his investigatees (unwittingly or not) (unlikely, I think)
3) He's townie scum and lied.

I think 3 is possible because few mods that I know reveal a dead investigatee's alignment. It makes it too easy to reveal sanity to that cop. Perhaps PeaceBringer overlooked this in fabricating a story. Is it appropriate to ask the mod for public clarification on the rules he uses regarding this? That could clear up the issue perfectly.

Beyond this, I'm coming up empty. :( At this point, I wouldn't mind a lazarusmoth lynch, but I'm not sold on his townieness either. I suppose he looks more townie than anyone else to me at this point, but it's not by a lot.

I'm feeling more and more that MoS is probably telling the truth. I've seen good chemistry between lots of posters in other games, regardless of alignment. In fact, I'm more likely to think that if they were tied together, they wouldn't play in public like that and tie themselves together. It seems to me like they were trying to have fun, and it may even be some of the backlash to their posting that has disinclined some people from posting/playing as much. I wouldn't mind if some people tried having fun in the game now.

I also wouldn't mind if something drastic were done in/with this game.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:07 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

3 lazarusmoth (Save The Dragons, PeaceBringer, Mastermind of Sin)
1 Mastermind of Sin (olliep13)
1 JDTAY (KingEnigma)
1 commify (JDTAY)

7 to lynch, 4 to lynch at deadline

I will deal with the replacement issue at night. I will prod everyone at night and replace those who do not respond. If replacements cannot be found within a reasonable time, the non-responding players with no replacement available will be modkilled (replacements will be assigned randomly). If anyone has any better ideas, suggestions, or comments, please feel free to PM me.

Until then, the deadline stands.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:37 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Since this is something that should probably be discussed by everyone and not just through pm to mod, I'd suggest that replacements are made starting with people who haven't posted the longest, since the people who posted more recently are more likely to return if we don't find a replacement right away.

As for PB, if he's a townie, I find it highly likely that he made the kills each night, and therefore claimed investigations on the people he killed in case a tracker/forensic cop-like role found out who he visited on any given night.

Still very happy with my vote. I could also go for PB, though. I'll be taking a hard look at JDTAY, Uraj, and Scalebane tomorrow. If I die, which I probably will, please look into any of those five that are still alive. There's at least one scum in that group, I can feel it. I've also got a slight suspicion of DarkLight140 and Thesp, but not enough to do anything with it. Just getting that out in case I end up dead tomorrow.

RIP Me
:(
Permanent V/LA.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:24 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

Gah, I really apologize for not getting the strength to defend myself from the three votes on me. This game really has been sapping my strength. I'm not sure how it got to be that way. Must be vacation-time on mafiascum.

Suffice to say, I must muster enough strength now to tell you that I'm not scum (or townie or whatever). It's very tempting to just stay apathetic and let you lynch me but I'm too much of a player to let the group decide on a false course of action. I don't even understand the suspicions set against me much less than answer them.

So here's what I propose: As simply as possible, lay down your questions/suspicions against me and I will try to answer them.

I also apologize for not proposing a possible suspect. My radar has been whacked on this game since day 1. All I can promise is a read on your proposed suspicions on other people and act accordingly on them.

Hope we can put this game to rest.
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:25 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

3 lazarusmoth (Save The Dragons, PeaceBringer, Mastermind of Sin)
1 Mastermind of Sin (olliep13)
1 JDTAY (KingEnigma)
1 commify (JDTAY)

As day falls on the island, the mafia still has not decided upon a target to lynch. So, they very uncharacteristically end the day without bloodshed. Perhaps a nice night's sleep will reawaken their killer instincts.

No one was lynched.

It is now NIGHT 3. Everyone has until Tuesday, March 15 at 11:59pm PST (US) to send me a PM letting me know that they are still active and paying attention to the game. Anyone who does not respond by the deadline will be replaced. I will send PMs to remind people to respond by the deadline.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:22 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

After a long night’s sleep you all feel refreshed and ready to go. That is, until you see the carnage outside. During the night, it looks as if your enemies were busy. Four bodies were found. Of prime importance is the body of KingEnigma, hanging from a noose in the center of the mafia’s compound. On his finger is the ring of the Godfather of the mafia himself. As Godfather, he was the leader of the mafia’s inner circle. With his accomplices, could have any member of the mafia killed.

Mastermind of Sin was also found stabbed to death. He was, as he had claimed, a bodyguard, able to deter potential murderers from attacking his target. Unfortunately, he was too busy guarding others to guard himself against a murderer. Uraj45 was also found dead, shot in the chest. His body, however, was a little harder to find because Uraj45 was a spy, able to sneak around at night and determine whether people were working for or against the mafia.

Finally, you come across the body of olliep13 with a bullet embedded in the back of his head. Like Uraj45, it appears that olliep13 was snooping around when he was killed. But, olliep13 was sneaking around for a different reason. In his pockets you find a government-issue pistol and a badge. He was a deputy, sent by the government to eliminate the mafia.

SSF352 replaces ZONEACE
StevieT92 replaces Scalebane
NanookTheWolf replaces JDTAY

KingEnigma (Godfather/Pro-Mafia) Killed Night 3
Mastermind of Sin (Bodyguard/Pro-Mafia) Killed Night 3
Uraj45 (Spy/Pro-Mafia) Killed Night 3
olliep13 (Deputy/Anti-Mafia) Killed Night 3

It is now DAY 4. With 9 alive it will take 5 votes to lynch.

PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:13 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

OKay-- followed Thesp last night he is Anti-mafia

thus he needs to be lynched.

Vote Thesp-
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:54 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Vote Thesp

PB, can you tell us anymore about your role?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:50 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

I have already said everything. I am a mafia-spy like URaj apparently was. I submt who to follow and learn if pro or anti mafia-
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:04 pm

:| wow...you did...I'm on top of things.

SATH: Me
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:45 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Whoa! This game started again... with a
lot
of replacements. And deaths. This'll be... uh... interesting.

In any case, note that olliep13 has a different emote next to his name in the front than a the townies. This raises the ugly possibility of another enemy group, although he could, I suppose be working alone.

As for you, PeaceBringer, sure, I'll buy it. Hopefully Thesp will show up and try to defend himself soon. If we do lynch him and it turns out he's not anti-mafia... we'll see. This is your very first investigation with a non-dead target, after all, according to what you've said. Even so-
Vote: Thesp
To be Continued...
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:49 am

Post by Thesp »

Vote: PeaceBringer.

At least, my investigation last night said he was anti-mafia. I'm a Spy. Part of the reason I was initially suspicious of PeaceBringer's claim is that he claimed to have gotten results from his dead investigatees. I only got that I had also investigated Locus Cosecant and Genocide Heart in that order, and that they were dead, not any particular alignment. I would be able to suspect that PeaceBringer was insane, but with at least two other cops in the game, that would be a lot of cops, and I'd have to be insane as well (or naive). While I suppose that's conceivable, I find it highly doubtful at this point in the game.

So in summary:
Night 1 - Locus Cosecant - Dead
Night 2 - Genocide Heart - Dead
Night 3 - PeaceBringer - Anti-mafia
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:28 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Ugh...
unvote
. This bears consideration. I'll start pouring over the thread, I guess, and in the meantime, let's get some replacements posting.
To be Continued...
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:50 pm

Post by StevieT92 »

hi i am here

usually with counter claims, i am inclined to believe whoever posted first
there are enough votes on thesp though, so i will not vote yet
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:55 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Reading thread, useful post tomorrow.
commify
commify
Townie
commify
Townie
Townie

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:30 pm

Post by commify »

I find Thesp's claim less credible, as both of his investigatees were mysteriously killed off.
Vote early and vote often.
-Al Capone
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:14 pm

PeaceBringer wrote:Only 2 nights so far or I only followed twice.

Previous night followed Locus Cosecant- Promafia

Last night Followed GH. Promafia.

No would you kindly unvote. JDTay was one pushing votes on a claimed goon that made no sense to me.
I see I'm not the only one not paying attention.
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:18 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Have you seen PeaceBringer's claim? He said he investigated the
exact same people
as Thesp now claims. Thus, the problems. I'm not seeing anything that pushes me over the edge one way or the other at the moment, but then, I have yet to do a decent comparison. I've been putting it off because it will undoubtedly take quite a bit of time, and be doubly tough thanks to their very different play styles.

At the moment, I'm thinking we might be best off just lynching one and then killing the other based on their innocence (or lack thereof). Which one, of course, is the big question.
To be Continued...
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:51 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Okay, I'm here ...

Surprisingly enough I had read the entire thread just a couple days ago, and I seem to be having a brain fart at the moment. Although what I probably would've wrote is just a summary of each player's actions anyways. As of the moment though, the only two that we should be worried about are Thesp and Peacebringer with these claims.

Thesp's earlier play led by Bigben in the game was nothing too suspicious to me at least since it is pretty normal of Ben to do something like want to kill zoneace for no reason. You have to remember too though that Zoneace is the exact same way.

Peacebringer I think had a few speed bumps in the game, mostly interigations on his posting style more or less if I can remember.

I think that if we were to kill either of these two off it should be thesp, since Peacebringer has the "townie" investigation at hand. Plus Thesp suddenly just votes Peacebringer back almost as a OMGUS vote.

If I had to cast my vote at this moment, then yes I would say thesp over Peacebringer.

Btw, I'm replacing JDtay.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:23 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Correction, this thread is taking longer than I expected, will be sometime today or sometime tomorrow.
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:46 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

I'd tend to vote the first one to claim. Still, it bears a bit more thought.
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:46 am

Post by Thesp »

NanookTheWolf wrote:I think that if we were to kill either of these two off it should be thesp, since Peacebringer has the "townie" investigation at hand. Plus Thesp suddenly just votes Peacebringer back almost as a OMGUS vote.
Actually, I also have a "townie" (anti-mafia) investigation on Peacebringer. Consequently, my vote isn't an OMGUS vote, it's an "I have an investigation that says he's anti-mafia let's see if I'm sane" vote. My guess is that he's a townie cop, investigated me last night and found out I was a Spy, then claimed first so as to pre-empt any hints I might make.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:47 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Hey, this is rich and amusing. Always enjoy a good fake cop. Let's see he stated he viewed exactly who I claimed to view. Interesting. Let's not forget the fact that Bigben was largely AWOL and really had not real reason to investigate those 2 players. Thesp claim is a perfect set up, who you going to believe. That claim works a lot better in no reveal because the truth will be learned one way or another. Thesp is clearly trying to buy a day. You all can believe who you want, it will be sorted out.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:49 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Oh and Thesp, the pre-emptive outing might be believeable, but if that was the play I would have done it when I first outed the previous day.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”