Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:42 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Stewie wrote:
unvote, vote: gaspode

I'll just vote the one that has more votes from gaspode and coron... and I don't like lynching someone while they are gone when they repeatedly said so. Gaspode, on the other hand, seems a bit quiet since we "switched" to coron.
Correct me if I'm wrong, Stewie, but I think Coron has more votes than Gaspode. The other part of the argument I don't have a problem with, but the first part seems factually inaccurate.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:19 pm

Post by Seol »

Stewie wrote:

I'll just vote the one that has more votes from gaspode and coron... and I don't like lynching someone while they are gone when they repeatedly said so. Gaspode, on the other hand, seems a bit quiet since we "switched" to coron.
To me, it feels like Coron is stalling. He's apparently waiting for confirmation of how much he can claim, but has no other defence in the meantime. The amount of claiming available seems pretty clear to me in the rules on page 1.

Gaspode's quietness does concern me a bit, but I still think Coron's the best bet right now.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:48 pm

Post by Stewie »

Oh, yeah, I miscounted votes.
unvote: gaspode, vote: coron
but
fos: gaspode
for his lurkiness.

That should be 10 for coron and 9 for gaspode, so I'll vote for gaspode if he gets one more vote or something.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:13 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Deadline postponed to help Coron with his question.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:29 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

Seol wrote:
Stewie wrote:

To me, it feels like Coron is stalling. He's apparently waiting for confirmation of how much he can claim, but has no other defence in the meantime. The amount of claiming available seems pretty clear to me in the rules on page 1.

Gaspode's quietness does concern me a bit, but I still think Coron's the best bet right now.
Hmm
FOS Soel
for that comment- may well be worth voting this gentleman at some point.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:46 pm

Post by Seol »

PeaceBringer wrote:
Seol wrote:To me, it feels like Coron is stalling. He's apparently waiting for confirmation of how much he can claim, but has no other defence in the meantime. The amount of claiming available seems pretty clear to me in the rules on page 1.

Hmm
FOS Soel
for that comment- may well be worth voting this gentleman at some point.
Care to elaborate? Coron's not had anything new to add in his defence in a good few days, but keeps saying "don't lynch me until I claim" in a game
designed to not feature roleclaims?
It feels to me like he's trying to buy time so he doesn't have to
say
anything until he's going away, when his absence is pre-explained. Either that, or he actually has nothing to say.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:51 am

Post by mith »

Over my cold, and finally have a bit of a break. Very tired though.

Not much new to comment on, other than that given that the mods haven't been around that much I'm inclined to think Coron was actually waiting for an answer as opposed to just stalling for no reason. Doesn't affect where my vote will be, though. Coron is far more suspicious than Gaspode IMO.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:31 am

Post by rolandofthewhite »

Coron is intrinsically suspicious, though. He can't help it. :lol:
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:52 am

Post by korais666 »

Sorry about continued delays, final projects in 3 different classes due, meaning about 8 seconds of internet time per day. I'll be able to be more involved after that's over.
Holy crap, I forgot this site existed.
-Me, 2/25/08
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:14 am

Post by Aelyn »

Coron, it states in the rules that you can describe the basic concept behind your role, but can't go into detail.

For example, "I'm an investigative role" is fine, but "I'm a Witchfinder, each night I can investigate someone and find out if they're a demon" is NOT. As I interpret the rules.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:16 am

Post by Stewie »

I think that you can give a bit more than that. Saying that you can tell whether someone is scum or not (for the example you gave) would be fine. Basically anything that could give away your role is not ok. Of course, better safe than sorry, but that's my take on it. Besides, Coron may have a complicated role. At least now we know for sure that he isn't just stalling for no reason, and that he's actually waiting for some sort of answer. This does not mean he's town, but just that he's not lying about waiting for an answer.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:32 am

Post by Seol »

Stewie wrote:At least now we know for sure that he isn't just stalling for no reason, and that he's actually waiting for some sort of answer. This does not mean he's town, but just that he's not lying about waiting for an answer.
Just to clarify, I did believe that he was asking the mods for what he could claim. What I was criticising him for was having nothing
else
to say, or so it seemed, and also choosing to rely on roleclaims for a defence in a game where we don't really
learn
anything from roleclaims - the game's too big for counterclaims to mean anything, and he's not allowed to give enough detail for us to hope to catch him in a lie.

The rules of this game of Mafia are different - the approach being taken to roleclaiming here means that it's not really a valid day one defence strategy - well, at least that's my opinion - so when I see him relying on it, and furthermore waiting for mod permission first (taking a good few days) that'll probably run into the time he's told us he'll be away (another few days) I get the feeling that he's trying to get a situation where we won't lynch him in his absence, but he's taking so long to return we look elsewhere.

So, I think he's telling the truth, but I also think he's stalling.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:26 am

Post by mith »

Shouldn't Coron be back? Bored now.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:39 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

He should be...
Deadline set for Tuesday 8PM (-5gmt)

-DS
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:14 am

Post by Coron »

We got back like 1 1/2 hours late and I was pretty exausted so I went to sleep. I woke up this morning went to church then logged on. Seriously people.
First off I'm a mason. Secondly I can give you the name of the mason if nessisary(the point I needed clarified).
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:54 am

Post by Seol »

Coron wrote:We got back like 1 1/2 hours late and I was pretty exausted so I went to sleep. I woke up this morning went to church then logged on. Seriously people.
I think that was just general boredom/frustration - the game's kinda stalled whilst we waited for you. But you're back now!
Coron wrote:First off I'm a mason. Secondly I can give you the name of the mason if nessisary(the point I needed clarified).
I presume you mean name the person you're a mason with? It's only a two-person group?

Would you say your role name, if you were to die, is one that could confuse us about your alignment?

It may be worth revealing the other mason,
if
your role name is one that's particularly likely to be town and makes sense as a mason. Seeing as we don't get role descriptions when people die, we can't necessarily rely on intertwined roleclaims giving us a confirmed townie situation later - if your role name
is
convincing (and I'm not asking you to
claim
, just use your judgement - how reliably "good" is the name?) then you're in a much better situation. I don't see the mason role itself as powerful, so the only way this buys you any grace is if we can get some corroboration.

After all, if you
don't
reveal them, and the town decides that's not good enough and lynches you, then that co-mason is effectively a vanilla townie - even given a situation where you name them and we lynch you anyway we've got a confirmed vanilla. Plus, I don't see what
harm
naming them could do.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:14 am

Post by mepmuff »

Seol wrote:Plus, I don't see what harm naming them could do.
Really? You can't? We've got multiple bad guy groups. If they gain knowledge which can help them to stay clear of vanilla's or the other groups, that would help them immensely I would say.
Disclaimer: Not an actual claim. [i](Save The Dragons in Peacecity 1)[/i]
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:24 pm

Post by Seol »

mepmuff wrote:
Seol wrote:Plus, I don't see what harm naming them could do.
Really? You can't? We've got multiple bad guy groups. If they gain knowledge which can help them to stay clear of vanilla's or the other groups, that would help them immensely I would say.
With the number of players we have here -
still alive - revealing one extra townie isn't going to make much difference to the odds of hitting a power role. If we're in a situation where another member of a scum group is revealed for backup, then we'll get both of them without much difficulty. Basically, yes, it will
marginally
assist the scum to have another vanilla revealed, but it's more than offset by the improved quality of our lynch today.

Or at least, it seems that way to me.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:13 pm

Post by Stewie »

Any extraabilities? Any restrictions? Anything else we should know?
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:22 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Well, with an impending deadline, it seems to me that the best course of action is for him to claim his mason buddy... that's the only way I can see this being deflected in time, especially given that mason's far from a strong claim without confirmation.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:38 pm

Post by Aelyn »

Agreed. If he's a mason, I think the best course of action at this point is for him to provide as much information as he can. If he is what he claims, then we'll have a confirmed townie on our hands, even if we do end up lynching him. It's not as good as a confirmed group of two, even without knowing the alignment of the two, but it's better than nothing.

Oh, and one other thing. Coron, you say you're a Mason. As far as you're aware, could you be a part of the mason group that could recruit Homer?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:59 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Aelyn wrote:Oh, and one other thing. Coron, you say you're a Mason. As far as you're aware, could you be a part of the mason group that could recruit Homer?
Erm, wrong game Aelyn.

With a deadline approaching, my vote on Pooky isn't going to go anywhere, and I think Coron can be caught out on a subsequent day if it turns out he isn't telling the truth, so
vote: Gaspode
. He hasn't done much to deflect the bandwagon on him, even though it's lasted longer than the one on Coron.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:01 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Ok I haven't read the book at all, but looking at the front page, it doesn't seem to show alignment upon death so how good is a mason claim anyway?

Like how would you know which group is evil and which is good? Are the THEM good?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:18 pm

Post by mepmuff »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Like how would you know which group is evil and which is good?
Uhmnmm... read the book?
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Are the THEM good?
Very very likely: yes. In the book they are a bunch of kids getting up to no good (normal kids misbehaviour), led by their leader adam (an antichrist, switched at birth, with great powers). In the end they turn out to do the right thing.
Disclaimer: Not an actual claim. [i](Save The Dragons in Peacecity 1)[/i]
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:07 pm

Post by Thoth »

Hehe, that looked funny:

Are the THEM good?
Yes, they're a bunch of kids up to no good, led by the AntiChrist.

And then you don't even mention their Hellhound :)

Of course they are good in the books, but descriptions like this are one of the reasons why I like the book (and most other books by Pratchett)

Back to the game. I don't think Coron should reveal as much as possible. I'm quite willing to buy a mason claim without further proof. Revealing extra information is just more likely to help scum than help the town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”