Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:40 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Yays. Well modded Kloud.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:45 am

Post by mykonian »

While you can't imagine the game to go this way beforehand, I think you had too many powerroles Kloud. I guess it was balanced, but it makes a mess of the game quickly and games tend to get ruled by them. And possibly they get more swingy.

Esspecially unfortunate was the investigator-doc couple. Sure, you can't imagine a game to go this way, but it is not ideal.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:45 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Night Actions
:

Night 1:

Beyond_Birthday tracks GIEFF
Panzerjager investigates Zilla
springlullaby vigs ting =)
mykonian targets Goatrevolt
Zilla roleblocks Panzerjager

Night 2:

Beyond_Birthday tracks SensFan
Panzerjager investigates springlullaby
Xtoxm protects Panzerjager
springlullaby no kills
mykonian targets Panzerjager

Night 3:

Beyond_Birthday tracks mykonian
Panzerjager investigates mykonian
Xtoxm protects Panzerjager
springlullaby vigs herself
mykonian targets Xtoxm
Last edited by kloud1516 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:49 am

Post by mykonian »

you forgot the roleblock night one.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:50 am

Post by kloud1516 »

mykonian wrote:you forgot the roleblock night one.
Fixed.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:59 am

Post by Xtoxm »

mykonian wrote:While you can't imagine the game to go this way beforehand, I think you had too many powerroles Kloud. I guess it was balanced, but it makes a mess of the game quickly and games tend to get ruled by them. And possibly they get more swingy.

Esspecially unfortunate was the investigator-doc couple. Sure, you can't imagine a game to go this way, but it is not ideal.
He put in two roles that screwed with that, and it's only cos town did so well D1 and D2 that it was even useable.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:06 am

Post by GIEFF »

Yeah, the cop-doc power is broken completely by a mafia roleblocker, and even more so by the framer. We just happened to lynch those two roles the first 2 days.
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:19 am

Post by Zilla »

I forgot Qwints was my buddy on day 1.
Aware of that. However, you are attacking him repeatedly. Assault and battery can lead to death if sustained over a period of time. ~ Cybele
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:21 am

Post by Dourgrim »

Very frustrating game. I'm glad Town won, but overall the game proved not much fun for me to play. Dying was almost a blessing. However, I learned somethings about certain mafia players here that I will definitely carry forward with me... 'nuff said.

kloud, you did a fantastic job modding (and writing, you definitely have some talent there), and your death scene for me was spot on: it summed up exactly how I felt about the game at that point. I will say this, though: the case I built against SL in the last day proved a flaw I've found in the past when it comes to flavor text; it can inadvertently mislead players into seeing information where there isn't any. That's a very minor critique, though, and overall you did a splendid job. Thanks!
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:23 am

Post by GIEFF »

This was the most fun game I've played on this site so far. Thanks everyone, and thanks kloud for modding so well (and for not mod-killing me).

Hopefully you believe me now that the "Dourscum" thing was 100% accidental, Dourgrim.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:27 am

Post by mykonian »

GIEFF wrote:Yeah, the cop-doc power is broken completely by a mafia roleblocker, and even more so by the framer. We just happened to lynch those two roles the first 2 days.
framer is not close to being as powerful as the roleblocker. And as soon as the roleblocker is lynched (in this case day 2) the game becomes boring. That's why I heard that it is not that great to put them together in a game. I know Kloud tried to do this, and that's also why I thought very soon that there must be a doctor, but still. It can make the game more determined by powerroles then by play, and I though that was not usual here.

Of course this sounds like loser talk, as I couldn't win because of it. But with both in a game, you always have the chance that it happens.

And with zilla, you were good. With qwints? He should have kept lurking, and not trying to bandwagonvote without reason on the last moment. I bet he couldn't think of a more obvious scumtell. Anybody would have caught him. More bad play from our side, and decent from yours then great town play.

Sure, you have won. But most of you have not won the game for town. Xtoxm was good with the endgame planning, had the best ideas. GIEFF was best player overall, Panzer had the best post in the game. Goat played very well. But I can't say that I was stunned by the great play here. I wasn't good, scum in general was bad, and town was apart from a few players (day 2 only GIEFF...) not that great. Sure, be happy about winning, but I hope you had more energy in other games. I was a bit annoyed about it halfway the game.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:36 am

Post by GIEFF »

I don't mean the framer is more important than the role-blocker, I mean that he breaks the cop-doc power even further, on TOP of the roleblocker.

And Goat, sorry I de-railed your Zilla-wagon on day one.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:48 am

Post by mykonian »

it doesn't break the possibility of it making the game autowin. Nobody cares about the cop-doc day one, however, after the roleblocker is killed people are going to notice that a claimed cop is not killed. It makes the game boring. Thats why I heard (so you don't think I think of this by myself :) ) that it is not advised to use them both in a game.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:52 am

Post by GIEFF »

If town lynches two out of 3 scum in the first two days, then it SHOULD be almost autowin, no matter the roles. Assuming random lynches, the odds of losing BOTH roles that mess with cop results in the first 2 days is less than one percent.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:56 am

Post by mykonian »

I know :) Let's say it is a personal preference. (and this is why I said that the framer was a weaker role then the blocker. With only the framer mafia will likely lose too.)

And of course mafia didn't deserve a win here. But the last two days were not mafia anymore, it was waiting for the results. This was because of the amount of powerroles, and the fact that they stayed alive. That would have happened in more then 1% of the cases.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:58 am

Post by GIEFF »

I agree - the game changed a lot after mass-claim, and it wasn't as fun.
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 am

Post by Zilla »

I'm still a little bitter that the only reason I was lynched was that my arguement on BB didn't stick. That's why I hate Sens' style of playing, from either side, in that it makes lynches so arbitrary. It worked awesomely in a marathon game, but in that case, it was because the scum person actively sought being put at L-1 because they thought they wouldn't be lynched. :P That was the turning point for this game. I was totally not supposed to be lynched day 2, and from then on, there was nothing left to check the power roles.
Aware of that. However, you are attacking him repeatedly. Assault and battery can lead to death if sustained over a period of time. ~ Cybele
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:05 am

Post by mykonian »

I actually made my scummiest post in the game to finally get something back for all the distancing we had done. I voted you, halfway the wagon, almost without reason. GIEFF instantly found it, reacted. But before I could play my suicide game Sens had already hammered :(

And Zilla, your main problem was that it was way to clear that you were searching for scumtells on people. And those small tells can be found on many people. You didn't make friends that way.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:05 am

Post by GIEFF »

That isn't the only reason you were lynched. You were trying to make a contradiction where there was none, and you played very scummily on day one.
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:19 am

Post by Zilla »

GIEFF wrote:That isn't the only reason you were lynched. You were trying to make a contradiction where there was none,
Debatable. It was trying to push a skew that DID exist but was logically flawed, and that's what I was talking about.
and you played very scummily on day one.
You didn't seem to think so at the end of Day 1, and that wasn't why I was lynched.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Nice job town.

I'm glad Zilla was scum. That's probably the hardest I've latched on to someone, and I apologize to anyone to whom the game became unfun as you had to read post after post of me saying "Why is Zilla not dead yet." Sorry Dour :).

I'm surprised GIEFF didn't get NKed at some point. He was pretty obviously town.

Ah...being wrong on Mykonian. My bad :).
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:23 am

Post by GIEFF »

I said on day 1 I thought you were scummy, but there were better lynches. I also said that if qwints flipped scum, I would have a very hard time seeing you as town.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:25 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

GIEFF wrote:And Goat, sorry I de-railed your Zilla-wagon on day one.
How dare you derail my scum-wagon to start another wagon on scum!
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:29 am

Post by mykonian »

consistent scummy play is also scummy play :)

I had the plan to play that way. It is a caricature of my normal play. I overdid it a little, I think. I got too many: "you don't say a thing" accusations. Otherwise, this game was not that exciting, apart from that early post of panzer.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by SensFan »

Zilla wrote:That's why I hate Sens' style of playing, from either side, in that it makes lynches so arbitrary.
It works.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”