Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:38 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Seraphim replaces Flame! Give him a big welcome everyone!

Prods and votecount coming in a few minutes once I sort a few things out.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:01 am

Post by caf19 »

Welcome to the game Seraphim!
magnus_orion wrote:1. Neither philly nor issac are lynch worthy at this point. If we were forced into making a lynch this instant with no further discussion, I'd go with philly. But we should interrogate the suspect, gather information on them, and collect data. This way we are better informed once we decide on a lynch.
Hmm. This seems less certain than before, when you stated your sureness of Phily being scum a couple of times. What's changed?

I'll be interested to see what Isacc has to say to your argument, obv.
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:02 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Votecount 5:

Walnut(1):
Trumpet of Doom
Dourgrim(1):
Seraphim
Flame(1):
Walnut
PhilyEc(4):
magnus_orion; Isacc; caf19; Beyond_Birthday

MafiaSSK(1):
Riceballtail
magnus_orion(1):
Dourgrim;

Not Voting(3): PhilyEc; Nocmen; MafiaSSK

With 12 players alive it's 7 to lynch.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:12 am

Post by magnus_orion »

caf19 wrote:Welcome to the game Seraphim!
magnus_orion wrote:1. Neither philly nor issac are lynch worthy at this point. If we were forced into making a lynch this instant with no further discussion, I'd go with philly. But we should interrogate the suspect, gather information on them, and collect data. This way we are better informed once we decide on a lynch.
Hmm. This seems less certain than before, when you stated your sureness of Phily being scum a couple of times. What's changed?

I'll be interested to see what Isacc has to say to your argument, obv.
BB and ToD's comments about philly's meta made me a little less sure. Which is why I'm trying to test this. Philly not posting isn't helping though... :x
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:27 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Double Post:
@Phillyec: You'll have to explain why you're lurking again when you do actually get around to posting.
@ToD: You too
@isacc: You Three
@Seraphim: hello.

@RBT: I was going to wait for philly to post before bringing this up... but...
Riceballtail wrote:
Walnut wrote:RBT- it is about your third post, and I recall BB calling one of them "the most useful post ever". To say that you can't draw much from what you see is a bit off as you have not contributed significantly yet yourself, and to vote someone for not posting when you are yet to post content is much the same.
For a mini, I've posted more in this game than I do on average. I prefer to let what I read mill through my thoughts instead of make hasty replies that may have partial or biased conclusions.
Riceballtail wrote:
FoS:Philly
for what may be different tactics, can still be used as scum moves too. Don't think it's lynch worthy, at least not yet.
.... Isn't an fos a partial conclusion?
Based on the first post above, and then going of the second, it looks like you may be trying to open up a window of opportunity for a vote later on.

Also, how can something not be lynchworthy now, but lynchworthy later (in reference to the "not yet"?
Fos: RBT
Show
Win-Loss
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:45 am

Post by Nocmen »

Beyond_Birthday wrote:
Nocmen, get back here. With a series of minor posts, you've failed to advance the game and to contribute.
That's just hilarious. You're yelling at me to contribute, when you were the one that was bored when I had something close to a relevant discussion.
Riceballtail wrote:As of right now, I really don't have much suspicion. The perpetual walls are contributing to this though, as a lot of it seems to just be talking between each other and it doesn't look like a whole lot of focused scumhunting yet. It's there, but it's not focused.
I don't like this attitude. If you don't think theres enough scumhunting, you can try to do some on your own. Are you afraid of trying to scum hunt? Do you not want to?
Riceballtail wrote:Oh, I know it doesn't look like I am. But sometimes the best analyzing is done without questioning.
You do realize that if you are trying to appeal to us to make us understand your causes, you need to focus on a topic and push at it, trying to prove someone is scum? You just seem like you're going and trying to skim through, afraid of causing suspicion on yourself.

Vote: Riceballtail
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:19 am

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

magnus_orion wrote:@BB: Do you want me to attack ToD for some reason? :?
See, in the last game, you attacked the scum boss (whoever Phate replaced) viciously for his style of posting and his general lack there of. You are doing it against Isacc (who definitely needs it. His play style is radically different from last game), but it seems unlike you to batantly ignore someone like that. As for RBT, we all have that problem.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:03 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Beyond_Birthday wrote:
magnus_orion wrote:@BB: Do you want me to attack ToD for some reason? :?
See, in the last game, you attacked the scum boss (whoever Phate replaced) viciously for his style of posting and his general lack there of. You are doing it against Isacc (who definitely needs it. His play style is radically different from last game), but it seems unlike you to batantly ignore someone like that. As for RBT, we all have that problem.
Not really...
It was more of... Hey these people all look town: names
Which makes these people the scum: names (And these people are all lurkers to boot)
I don't remember being especially vicious on nik. I was more concerned about the "follow the leader" posts from nik anyway, in that game. But towards the stage this game is getting, I was more concerned about breaking the game in that game. Actually, in that game, I'm pretty sure I forgot percy even existed several times...

You do have a point thoug, I have been ignoring ToD... Except nothing jumps out at me when I read his posts... other than the lurking, and the ignoring philly. I'm trying to balance whether or not He or walnut would be philly's scumpartner (as ToD attacked walnut, I'd see he and walnut as being scumpartners unlikely)... and I'm leaning walnut.

@nocmen: You ever play a game with RBT? Also, in regard to your points on RBT, what about Mafiassk?
Show
Win-Loss
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:13 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Philly/Zwet wagon I don't mind...
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by Isacc »

FML.

It was my birthday yesterday, and I only just got home from work after just getting home from rochester.

Tomorrow is Easter. Shoot.

Kai, if I'm getting ridiculous, you have permission to replace me...however, if you can wait I
will
catch up! I'd like to stay in.

unvote
until then though, I don't want to lynch before I read what has happened.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Yes, I'm lurking ungodly amounts. Yes, I still have Internet. Yes, I'm trying to follow the game. No, the walls of text aren't making it easier. Yes, band is going to be a long-term thing, and I'm not really sure when it's going to end.

Hmm... on second thought, Phily is acting a bit differently. My experience with him comes from this game. He mainly talked about one player D1 (speculated that the guy could be a jester), claimed to be suspicious of numerous people throughout the game (though D1, it was primarily in relation to the player who ended up being the D1 lynch), and self-voted, leading to his own lynch. Here, he's really only shown suspicion of two players (Magnus, B_B). I'm not sure if it's enough of a difference to warrant a statement that "OMGOMG HE'S ACTING DIFFERENTLY HE MUST BE SCUM", though.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

Riceballtail's in that game too...

And seraphim...

Looks like we're going to be able to get a lot of meta on philly.

I'll look over the game a bit myself later... to see if philly feels like a mislynch or not.
Show
Win-Loss
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:59 pm

Post by Walnut »

magnus_orion, post #201 wrote: I will say that I don't currently suspect walnut
magnus_orion, post #257 wrote: You do have a point thoug, I have been ignoring ToD... Except nothing jumps out at me when I read his posts... other than the lurking, and the ignoring philly. I'm trying to balance whether or not He or walnut would be philly's scumpartner (as ToD attacked walnut, I'd see he and walnut as being scumpartners unlikely)... and I'm leaning walnut.
magnus, what between those posts caused you to change your opinion so dramatically?

@RBT: I agree that analysis is a separate activity from posting. But along the lines of the conversation BB and I had earlier about the job of a town player, you can't do a lot of good with your analysis if you happened to get lynched for lurking first.

Hi Seraphim, by a quirk of fate I am voting for you. Please give me lots of good reasons to move my vote!
Reading your signature makes me feel guilty and helpless.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:30 am

Post by Seraphim »

Hi everybody!

Looks like the person I am replacing was a lurker...so I should be able to change that fairly quickly. Just hold on while I reread and we'll get this party started! Looking forward to scumhunting with you guys.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

Walnut wrote:
magnus_orion, post #201 wrote: I will say that I don't currently suspect walnut
magnus_orion, post #257 wrote: You do have a point thoug, I have been ignoring ToD... Except nothing jumps out at me when I read his posts... other than the lurking, and the ignoring philly. I'm trying to balance whether or not He or walnut would be philly's scumpartner (as ToD attacked walnut, I'd see he and walnut as being scumpartners unlikely)... and I'm leaning walnut.
magnus, what between those posts caused you to change your opinion so dramatically?

@RBT: I agree that analysis is a separate activity from posting. But along the lines of the conversation BB and I had earlier about the job of a town player, you can't do a lot of good with your analysis if you happened to get lynched for lurking first.

Hi Seraphim, by a quirk of fate I am voting for you. Please give me lots of good reasons to move my vote!
I reconsidered your defense of phillyec. I don't like that you played the newb card for him. Especially when he's acting scummy.

Newbieness is not an excuse for scumminess.

At the time when I posted that, 201, I was focused on other things, but that post of yours where you defend philly doesn't sit well with me.
Show
Win-Loss
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Seraphim wrote:Hi everybody!

Looks like the person I am replacing was a lurker...so I should be able to change that fairly quickly. Just hold on while I reread and we'll get this party started! Looking forward to scumhunting with you guys.
Yay. Seraphim!
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Within the next page, Seraphim will call me scummy.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:28 pm

Post by Walnut »

So magnus:

1) You posted an explicit response to a post of mine.
2) Someone else commented on my post.
3) Someone else voted for me.
4) You then said you found me scummy for it.

Does that sound familiar? It should, as it is pretty much what you are accusing Isacc of doing.
magnus_orion wrote: Newbieness is not an excuse for scumminess.
What are you actually trying to say here? That newbie play does not look like scum play?
Reading your signature makes me feel guilty and helpless.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:37 am

Post by Dourgrim »

First of all, I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend.

I'm still pretty happy with where my vote is, especially considering Walnut's observation above.
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:56 am

Post by Seraphim »

Riceballtail wrote:Within the next page, Seraphim will call me scummy.
For the love of God, I was scum in that game.

BTW, you're scummy. XP
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

Walnut wrote:So magnus:

1) You posted an explicit response to a post of mine.
2) Someone else commented on my post.
3) Someone else voted for me.
4) You then said you found me scummy for it.

Does that sound familiar? It should, as it is pretty much what you are accusing Isacc of doing.
magnus_orion wrote: Newbieness is not an excuse for scumminess.
What are you actually trying to say here? That newbie play does not look like scum play?
Yes, newbie play does not look like scumminess, what made you think it would? Now there is such thing as newbie scum play, which is my actual accusation against philly, and newbie town play, but that doesn't make newbie town play look like experienced scum play. Or newbie scum play for that matter.

And am I voting you walnut? Or is suspicion the same as voting? Unless your answer to that second question is yes, then its not the same thing as what I'm accusing isacc of. I didn't like your defense of philly is all. I find it suspicious. I do not find it lynch worthy.

@Dourgrim: Hey, scum, do you have anything to say about players who are not me? Afraid of boxing yourself into a corner from your comments earlier on?
HOS: Dourgrim

Your last post is my favorite scumtell. You're happy with your vote because it is against town, and you feel its been legetimized by someone else's comment. I am reasonably confident you're scum now.
Show
Win-Loss
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

Nocmen wrote:
Beyond_Birthday wrote:
Nocmen, get back here. With a series of minor posts, you've failed to advance the game and to contribute.
That's just hilarious. You're yelling at me to contribute, when you were the one that was bored when I had something close to a relevant discussion.
Riceballtail wrote:As of right now, I really don't have much suspicion. The perpetual walls are contributing to this though, as a lot of it seems to just be talking between each other and it doesn't look like a whole lot of focused scumhunting yet. It's there, but it's not focused.
I don't like this attitude. If you don't think theres enough scumhunting, you can try to do some on your own. Are you afraid of trying to scum hunt? Do you not want to?
Riceballtail wrote:Oh, I know it doesn't look like I am. But sometimes the best analyzing is done without questioning.
You do realize that if you are trying to appeal to us to make us understand your causes, you need to focus on a topic and push at it, trying to prove someone is scum? You just seem like you're going and trying to skim through, afraid of causing suspicion on yourself.

Vote: Riceballtail
I just realized this was here. Also, your so called "relevant" discussion WAS boring, and to me, meaningless. This is good though. Sorry I missed it.
MafiaSSK wrote:Philly/Zwet wagon I don't mind...
No opinion/response to Noc?
Seraphim wrote:
Riceballtail wrote:Within the next page, Seraphim will call me scummy.
For the love of God, I was scum in that game.

BTW, you're scummy. XP
I love inside jokes. Just...you know...maybe pay a little attention to the surrounding arguments and attempt at scum hunting.

This is a larger suspicion to RBT, who has blatantly ignored Noc's accusation. Rice, even if you think the attack is crappy, I expect an acknowledgment of the attack at the very least since completely pretending it doesn't exist is scummy.

Dour: Your play is still radically different. Granted, maybe you need someone like GIEFF to argue with, but I think your being exceedingly passive this game. Reason?
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:56 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

That was an attack? Didn't look like one to me.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:54 am

Post by caf19 »

magnus appears to be progressively cooling on his suspicion toward Phily, while his suspicion of players such as RBT and particularly Dourgrim has continued to grow, in the latter case to a point where he is "reasonably confident you're scum now". Yet his vote remains on Phily. This makes no sense to me - there's no point in having a pressure vote on someone if you're going to alleviate that pressure through posts saying you're thinking about whether Phily might be a mislynch, etc.
Riceballtail wrote:That was an attack? Didn't look like one to me.
It's getting hard to ignore your refusal to make even a cursory attempt at explanations or analysis. Please try harder.
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:23 am

Post by Dourgrim »

magnus_orion wrote:@Dourgrim: Hey, scum, do you have anything to say about players who are not me? Afraid of boxing yourself into a corner from your comments earlier on?
HOS: Dourgrim
Spin-doctor much? I haven't provided much analysis on the other players, I agree, but that's because I think I've presented a pretty good case on you that you still haven't refuted to my satisfaction.
You're a liar
... why should you (or your BS accusations) be trusted?
magnus_orion wrote:Your last post is my favorite scumtell. You're happy with your vote because it is against town, and you feel its been legetimized by someone else's comment. I am reasonably confident you're scum now.
No, I'm happy with my vote because you're not making any sense, and because another player besides me has successfully pointed out a flaw in your "case" that you didn't really refute well. You've gone around and FoS'd almost everyone in this game at this point, and you haven't built much of a case against anyone as far as I can tell, let alone me. Besides, if you're so sure I'm scum, why aren't you voting for me? :roll: Get over yourself.
Beyond_Birthday wrote:Dour: Your play is still radically different. Granted, maybe you need someone like GIEFF to argue with, but I think your being exceedingly passive this game. Reason?
Have you not noticed magnus up there? I was arguing with him, posting quite a bit, and the reaction of the Town was pretty much the same: ignoring us. Why continue to blather on about magnus and his ridiculous "playstyle" if no one's interested? It didn't help last game, did it? You were convinced then that I was scum, so I'm trying to keep the thread noise down in this game to reduce the distractions to the Town. I guess in that way I am playing differently than last game... but also remember, in that last game I said that my work schedule has picked up considerably, and I have less time overall for posting. I'm keeping up with the game, I'm not lurking, I just am not posting walls of text anymore.
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”