Mini 774: Case Closed Mafia (One Truth Prevails!)

millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:33 am

Post by millar13 »

Scum on the retreat? Lurking back into the shadow at the first sign of attention.
Still very much 50/50 on you at the moment...as I'm not sure how that makes you look. But since we are still in the early stage of the day, and you are the only really the first person to stand up to the plate it could be a case that the real mafia are lurking in the wings.
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:35 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

millar13 wrote:Scum on the retreat? Lurking back into the shadow at the first sign of attention.
Still very much 50/50 on you at the moment...as I'm not sure how that makes you look. But since we are still in the early stage of the day, and you are the only really the first person to stand up to the plate it could be a case that the real mafia are lurking in the wings.
Whom are you talking to?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:53 am

Post by millar13 »

Firestarter is whom Post 50 refers too.
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by Firestarter »

millar13 wrote:Scum on the retreat? Lurking back into the shadow at the first sign of attention.
May I ask you a question, I cant be bothered going to check...

How many games have you played here/completed?
('') (':') ('')
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Wait a minute—shoot me if I know why this from post #42 blew past me.
millar13 wrote:Strangecoug is probably a townie who believes he is a "scum-hunter" but is going in all gones blazing. You really don't need to put your vote down at the first possible chance. A town player doesn't need to rush into a vote, and FOS first normally work better in your favor.

As for Firestarter: I think that you are likely a scum partner who has seen this comment
Strangecoug:
"Hey, guys! I found a good wagon here!"
And used it to your advantage by doing just that. Forming a wagon so early in a game really is quite a scummy thing to do, for the simple fact that at Page 2 wagons shouldn't form.
How can you simultaneously think that I'm both townie playing too aggressively and Firestarter's scumbuddy? I am sorry, but even if the argument on whether you or Battousai was trying to employ tactics in the random voting stage is complete trivia, your logical fail is giving me good reason to leave my vote where it is.

And I still think you should be bandwagoned. You're cracking under pressure. Town should not be doing that.

millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by millar13 »

Firestarter:
"May I ask you a question, I cant be bothered going to check...

How many games have you played here/completed?"
So far I have been in ten games that are now finished, and I think I am in six (dead/alive) that are still going on now.
Strangecoug:
Wait a minute—shoot me if I know why this from post #42 blew past me.

millar13 wrote:
Strangecoug is probably a townie who believes he is a "scum-hunter" but is going in all gones blazing. You really don't need to put your vote down at the first possible chance. A town player doesn't need to rush into a vote, and FOS first normally work better in your favor.

As for Firestarter: I think that you are likely a scum partner who has seen this comment

Quote:
Strangecoug:
"Hey, guys! I found a good wagon here!"

And used it to your advantage by doing just that. Forming a wagon so early in a game really is quite a scummy thing to do, for the simple fact that at Page 2 wagons shouldn't form.

How can you simultaneously think that I'm both townie playing too aggressively and Firestarter's scumbuddy? I am sorry, but even if the argument on whether you or Battousai was trying to employ tactics in the random voting stage is complete trivia, your logical fail is giving me good reason to leave my vote where it is.

And I still think you should be bandwagoned. You're cracking under pressure. Town should not be doing that. "
I clearly made an error...I meant to say that Firestarter was a scum member (not scum partner) I have no reason to beleive that yourself (Strangecoug) is actually aligned with that.

Am I cracking under pressure? Not that I noticed.

And believe it or not Firestarer comment in Post 49, actually indicate what i feel about wagon's in the early game...even if I am convinced he is the most likely scum member at the moment. Although, not enough active players have sprouted to give a fully loaded judgement.

Bandwagons are often used in early stages, by over-eager mafia members or town members looking to be part of an easy lynch so that they don't feel to guilty about it if they are in heavy unison. With that being said, I think Strangecoug your heart is in the right place just searching in the wrong direction.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

millar13 wrote:I clearly made an error...I meant to say that Firestarter was a scum member (not scum partner) I have no reason to beleive that yourself (Strangecoug) is actually aligned with that.
Regardless, you really need to watch what you type
millar13 wrote:Am I cracking under pressure? Not that I noticed.
Your commenting about how you fear looking scummy is cracking under pressure.
millar13 wrote:And believe it or not Firestarer comment in Post 49, actually indicate what i feel about wagon's in the early game...even if I am convinced he is the most likely scum member at the moment. Although, not enough active players have sprouted to give a fully loaded judgement.
Firestarter may simply be playing more cautiously at this point than I am. His most recent vote was on afatchic, which I assume is his second random vote, which he pulled. He has yet to vote you, probably because he's trying to get more information out of you. (He does suspect you.)
millar13 wrote:Bandwagons are often used in early stages, by over-eager mafia members or town members looking to be part of an easy lynch so that they don't feel to guilty about it if they are in heavy unison. With that being said, I think Strangecoug your heart is in the right place just searching in the wrong direction.
Why do you believe I am town over scum?

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by Korlash »

SC wrote:Explain how that's applying tactics, Korlash.
You should probably ask Miller, but alright I'll give it a shot. Voting is a tactic, a common tactic, a very literal use of the word tactic.

But to futher get to it, it's a tactical subtle claim of Miller being scum via the "to help his scum play." it's a cheap tactic as there is no evidence presented to suggest Miller is scum. In addition labeling his policy as anti-town could be a tactic to discredit whatever policy Miller used.

How is it not applying tactics?
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Korlash wrote:How is it not applying tactics?
I personally thought it was just as any other random vote would be, but you sufficiently answered my question.

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Vote Count:

Korlash(2): Korlash, Pacman281292
Millar13(2): Battousai, StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug(1): Afatchic
Dubya(1): GhostWriter
GhostWriter(1): Isacc
Firestarter(1): Sajin
Pacman281292(1): Rage

Not Voting(3): Dubya, Millar13, Firestarter
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:36 pm

Post by Firestarter »

millar13 wrote:
Bandwagons are often used in early stages, by over-eager mafia members or town members looking to be part of an easy lynch so that they don't feel to guilty about it if they are in heavy unison.
With that being said, I think Strangecoug your heart is in the right place just searching in the wrong direction.
The bolded part....
Bandwagons, as Ive already stated are good for town, and in the random stage, they hardly gather momentum, unless, again as Ive already stated, a scumbag makes a complete fuck-up on their part.
Your also more wrong than right stating a townie led bandwagon is merely used for town to easy-lynch someone, unless the whole cast of the game is made up of noobs.

I find it hilarious that you already are discounting SC as scum, and me as town.

With so little info available already from those contributing, your statements are pretty darn "certain" right now.
FOS: millar13
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:38 am

Post by millar13 »

Firestarter wrote:
millar13 wrote:
Bandwagons are often used in early stages, by over-eager mafia members or town members looking to be part of an easy lynch so that they don't feel to guilty about it if they are in heavy unison.
With that being said, I think Strangecoug your heart is in the right place just searching in the wrong direction.
The bolded part....
Bandwagons, as Ive already stated are good for town, and in the random stage, they hardly gather momentum, unless, again as Ive already stated, a scumbag makes a complete fuck-up on their part.
Your also more wrong than right stating a townie led bandwagon is merely used for town to easy-lynch someone, unless the whole cast of the game is made up of noobs.

I find it hilarious that you already are discounting SC as scum, and me as town.

With so little info available already from those contributing, your statements are pretty darn "certain" right now.
Firestater if you actually go through what I said, you will not notice I I actually said; that out of those players that have actually played this game so far you have come off looking like you the player with the possible characteristics of scum. In terms of Strangecoug he is coming off as a generic town player, I have played with a number of times.

"Certain" i don't think is a word I have really placed on anyway so far of being scum. And I don't feel that way at all. Although, I do feel you
FOS
is a predicatable defensive mechanism
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:41 am

Post by millar13 »

Also in terms of bandwagons. I do agree that they can be good for the town.
However, not so in Day 1.
They can really be crucial, once a scum member is dead otherwise they are often scum controlled even though it seems as if the town is making the power play.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:09 am

Post by Sajin »

I do agree on the amount of scumminess of millar13. A townie would not fear nearly as much about the RV stage as I have posted before. I would possibly be willing to push this to a soft claim, but before that I want posts by those who have not posted.

Slight FOS:
Rage
Pacman
Issac
Dubya

Now granted its Easter, thus the slight fos. I understand if you have not posted much as of yet. But come tuesday, I would like opinions from these people before this goes ANY farther.

agreed firestarter?
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:42 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

millar13 wrote:In terms of Strangecoug he is coming off as a generic town player, I have played with a number of times.
I'm sorry, but your name does not ring a bell outside of an ongoing. Who did you use to be?

millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:58 am

Post by millar13 »

I'm not saying I played with you a number of times. I am just saying you came off loooking like generic town players; whom I have player with a number of times.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Firestarter »

Sajin wrote:Slight FOS:
Rage
Pacman
Issac
Dubya

Now granted its Easter, thus the slight fos. I understand if you have not posted much as of yet. But come tuesday, I would like opinions from these people before this goes ANY farther.

agreed firestarter?
I would prefer full participation from all, but since its a holiday period, grace is fairly granted.
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:34 am

Post by pacman281292 »

Firestarter wrote:
millar13 wrote:
The bolded part....

Also, a scum wouldn't speedlynch D1 unless they're too stupid.
millar, you're being sooooo contradictory... my meta on you and such early stages of the game are the only things that make me not vote you.
Sajin wrote:I do agree on the amount of scumminess of millar13. A townie would not fear nearly as much about the RV stage as I have posted before. I would possibly be willing to push this to a soft claim, but before that I want posts by those who have not posted.

Slight FOS:
Rage
Pacman
Issac
Dubya

agreed firestarter?
I was very busy yesterday with homework, and got very little access friday.
Show
Current statistics (not counting games previous to June 2010):
Align: W/L/O
Town: 0/1/0
Scum: 1/0/0
Other: 0/0/0
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:35 am

Post by pacman281292 »

FoS: millar
Show
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:37 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

millar13 wrote:I'm not saying I played with you a number of times. I am just saying you came off loooking like generic town players; whom I have player with a number of times.
Once again, you
REALLY
need to watch what you're saying. I thought that you meant I was playing as I specifically, rather than your standard everyday scummer, do as town. The more you blunder your way through this game, the less likely I'll think you're town.

millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by millar13 »

StrangerCoug wrote:
millar13 wrote:I'm not saying I played with you a number of times. I am just saying you came off loooking like generic town players; whom I have player with a number of times.
Once again, you
REALLY
need to watch what you're saying. I thought that you meant I was playing as I specifically, rather than your standard everyday scummer, do as town. The more you blunder your way through this game, the less likely I'll think you're town.
I am not perfect, and so I make mistakes. Doesn't help that two of my fingers are broken. If I make mistakes, I will continue you to correct them.

Mistakes aren't scummy, they are just a human quality
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by Firestarter »

millar13 wrote:I am not perfect, and so I make mistakes. Doesn't help that two of my fingers are broken. If I make mistakes, I will continue you to correct them.

Mistakes aren't scummy, they are just a human quality
So, 2 of your fingers are broken, and you cannot help making mistakes???
WHAT?
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by millar13 »

Basically if I make typing errors or, use the wrong word don't take it too mean something that it doesn't. Half full rather than half empty.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Firestarter »

millar13 wrote:Basically if I make typing errors or, use the wrong word don't take it too mean something that it doesn't. Half full rather than half empty.
Bollox-ology Im afraid...

You dont mistakenly write the wrong word, wrong letter, yes, not the wrong word.

Upgrading to...
VOTE: millar13
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by pacman281292 »

millar13 wrote:Basically if I make typing errors or, use the wrong word don't take it too mean something that it doesn't. Half full rather than half empty.
:shock:
millar wrote:Mistakes aren't scummy, they are just a human quality
This contradicts the principal principle of scumhunting "watch for scum slips (*cough*MISTAKES*cough*)".
If we applied your phrase, there would be no reasonable way to catch a scumbag.
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”