Mini 774: Case Closed Mafia (One Truth Prevails!)

Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Hmm... Ok..

I agreed that the other players should at least post on whats been happening here before anything else happens...

UNVOTE: millar13

MAJOR FoS: millar13
('') (':') ('')
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by millar13 »

Typing the wrong word is a scum-tell.
Well lah dee dah...I must be scum then.

Mhmmmm FireStarter you just more and more scummy, as you looking for the smallest of things to blow out of proportion, so you can "justify" your vote on me oncemore.

I'm not giving you the satifisfaction of voting for you yet though.
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Firestarter wrote:Hmm... Ok..

I agreed that the other players should at least post on whats been happening here before anything else happens...

Minor FoS: Firestarter
. Don't be so quick to retract a vote.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:35 am

Post by millar13 »

StrangerCoug wrote:

Good point considering, it has just been my name vote unvote, vote unvote. Zzzz
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:04 am

Post by Firestarter »

StrangerCoug wrote:

In fact, it was the other way round..

I was too quick to place the vote.

Look back on the other page, you'll see why.

:roll:
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:47 am

Post by Battousai »

Back from V/LA, post to come after class
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by Battousai »

b]Unvote[/b] my random vote.

25– millar FOS's me for “applying tactics in RVS.”
I don't see the merit in this FOS. I wasn't applying tactics, I was just random voting him because he's helping his scum play by never voting in the RVS

33– millar explains that trying to make a game serious ASAP is scummy because townies shouldn't feel akward around the RVS.
He misunderstood my vote as being serious and not a random vote. But his explanation seems contradictory. How is not participating/voting in the RVS not feeling akward in the RVS?

34,35- strangercoug and firestarter sees contradiction in millar's FOS and places votes.

36- Korlash disagrees and says millar can't be trying to
start
serious discussion if I already started it and claim “Johnny”? Was twisting words.
Could you comment on the fact that millar called me suspicious for applying tactics, which he saw as me being nervous in RVS/starting discussion to get out, and the whole not voting in RVS

38- Korlash explains his last post. Said my vote was me starting discussion and thus when Millar FOS'd me he can't start something that already started and since that part of the argument is false he doesn't care about the rest of SC's argument.
Why do you not think that Millar not participating in the RVS is a tactic?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

millar13 wrote:Typing the wrong word is a scum-tell.
Well lah dee dah...I must be scum then.

Mhmmmm FireStarter you just more and more scummy, as you looking for the smallest of things to blow out of proportion, so you can "justify" your vote on me oncemore.

I'm not giving you the satifisfaction of voting for you yet though.

I don't like what you're doing here. The fact that you're tying, not just wrong word, but a scummy way of thinking, is what's the problem. And you try to chalk that up to broken fingers? No. Your words are typed reasonably well, as in they don't have many errors. That could be explained. Typing wrong words cannot. The brain chooses the word, not the fingers. You know what you'll type before your fingers do. That's biology. And then, when this is stated (yes, not in as many words, but still), you try to pass it off as FireStarter attempting to justify a vote on you. What about SC and pacman, who also find your choice of words to be not too townie?
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by millar13 »

SC looks town to me.
Whilst Pac doesn't give off anything to me.

My reason for Fire have already been given, but as yet I still don't actually have a vote out.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

millar13 wrote:SC looks town to me.
And the reasoning you give for it is extremely vague, especially since you said people bandwagon regardless of alignment. I know I left out the overeager part of it, but your leaning a specific way on what you essentially consider a null tell is still really disturbing.

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Battousai »

Something that I have noticed...

-Millar wrote scum partner towards firestarter

-Strangercoug sees that as a contradiction

-Millar explains he made a mistake and meant scum member

-Millar later says “Strangecoug he is coming off as a generic town player, I have played with a number of times. “

-Strangercoug sees that as Millar saying he has played with him a number of times

-Millar explains that he meant he played with the generic town player type and strangercoug is coming off as one

-Then strangercoug comes up with post 69.

All I have to say is, strangercoug is taking this way too seriously. The first blunder, yes I can see how it could be seen as scum mistake or even a Freudian slip with Firestarter, but the second one. Come on, I understood what he meant, and even if you didn't how is saying I played with you a lot scummy. And then you threaten him for not being as clear.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by millar13 »

At the moment I have only belive that these four players (including myself) have brought anything really solid to the game:

-Strangecoug
-Millar13
-Battousai
-FireStarter

the rest seem to be either Active Lurking, with the odd "I am still here post" or just off the radar completly. At the moment null tells is ultimatley all I have been given so far, and quite often in games it is only the null tells and little things that the mafia actually give away. Sometimes you have to be a little OTT and see the impossible as possible.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Firestarter »

millar13 wrote:SC looks town to me.
Whilst Pac doesn't give off anything to me.

My reason for Fire have already been given, but as yet I still don't actually have a vote out.
Is there something special with your particular vote?
Its there for a reason, why are you even refusing to place it on me, after saying Im most scumlike???? Im still baffled as to your reasoning...
And with the arguments that have taken place beforehand, your still treating your vote as something sacred!!
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by millar13 »

Only saw Post 85, after I post 86.

That is actually a really good point Battousai. Maybe Strangecoug doesn't think the "generic townie mould" as I previously thought. Mhmmmm *literally rubbing my chin*
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by millar13 »

A vote is sacred.

People who vote, unvote, vote and unvote can actually be most unhelpful.
Imagine you survive to day 3 and you in total have gone through this unvote vote stage, and have either

a) Only voted for a small number of people, over and over again

or

b) Voted for every single player

How you play the game, effects how people read you. If I am more than 60% sure someone is scum, then that is when I will give my vote.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Firestarter »

millar13 wrote:At the moment I have only belive that these four players (including myself) have brought anything really solid to the game:

-Strangecoug
-Millar13
-Battousai
-FireStarter

the rest seem to be either Active Lurking, with the odd "I am still here post" or just off the radar completly. At the moment null tells is ultimatley all I have been given so far, and quite often in games it is only the null tells and little things that the mafia actually give away. Sometimes you have to be a little OTT and see the impossible as possible.
The only solid stuff I see so far is your defensiveness, your wiki-mafia-knowledge (which was being applied in the random voting stage), your 2 broken fingers which are contributing to "Mistakes" and Strangercoug FoS'ing me for retracting a vote that I gave my word to Sajin I would not do until more players posted.

Now your saying that ALL you have to work off is null tells???

Obviously your mafia-wiki-knowledge isn't up to scratch... :roll:

How the hell can you make assumptions from null tells?
And why are you, admittedly, OTT?
:?
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by millar13 »

In this game you have to be a little over the top...you need to blow the small clues out of proportion otherwise really you need to leave mafiascum and go back to playing cluedo with your kid sister.

wiki-mafia-knowledge (I have none...I have never actually looked at the wiki unless via a specific link)

if you notice I said the word "ULTIMATLEY all" which means the majority, but not every single one. Dont' try and twist my words against me, because it won't work.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Ok, in the random voting stage, and Ive mentioned this already, I like to be less serious, because when the game gets going, my serious-shades are placed upon the bridge of my nose... 8-)
Got it?

After that, my FoS's and votes count, which happened to only be on you, millar13.

After I FoS'd you, Sajin posted the following....
Sajin wrote:Now granted its Easter, thus the slight fos. I understand if you have not posted much as of yet. But come tuesday, I would like opinions from these people before this goes ANY farther.

agreed firestarter?
I then replied this...
Firestarter wrote:I would prefer full participation from all, but since its a holiday period, grace is fairly granted.
Afterwards, your posts got worse, scummy worse, and I placed a vote on you.
See where Im going millar?

I retracted after I granted grace for the other players to post, and I assure you millar, my vote WILL be going back on you unless someone else is scummier/you become more pro-town.

Am I clear now?
This also goes for Strangercoug... RE: retracting my vote so quickly..

millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by millar13 »

The problem with you....is without being rude "you don't seem to have the guts" to vote for me yet, even though you have in as many words confirmed you will put your vote back on me anyway.

I however, believe you look the most scummy so far. Slight difference.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by Firestarter »

millar13 wrote:
In this game you have to be a little over the top...you need to blow the small clues out of proportion otherwise really you need to leave mafiascum and go back to playing cluedo with your kid sister.

wiki-mafia-knowledge (I have none...I have never actually looked at the wiki unless via a specific link)

if you notice I said the word "ULTIMATLEY all" which means the majority, but not every single one. Dont' try and twist my words against me, because it won't work.
If you are town, you do not need to be OTT. IMO, thats reserved for scum, thats how mis-lynches occur. By bending the truth, twisting words, etc, etc.

You sound to me like someone reading from mafia-wiki.

Ultimately All means you have nothing to go on?
Ultimately is described in any dictionary as...
as the end result of a succession or process

BTW, leave my little sister out of this... :x
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by Firestarter »

millar13 wrote:The problem with you....is without being rude "you don't seem to have the guts" to vote for me yet, even though you have in as many words confirmed you will put your vote back on me anyway.
This...

Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by Firestarter »

EBWOP

Sorry millar, whats your case on me please?
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by Firestarter »

millar13 wrote:The problem with you....is without being rude
"you don't seem to have the guts" to vote for me yet
, even though you have in as many words confirmed you will put your vote back on me anyway.

I however, believe you look the most scummy so far. Slight difference.
OMG...

Pot and kettle, much!!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

millar13 wrote:Only saw Post 85, after I post 86.

That is actually a really good point Battousai. Maybe Strangecoug doesn't think the "generic townie mould" as I previously thought. Mhmmmm *literally rubbing my chin*
What meaning does "generic townie" have to a game of Mafia? Is there such a thing as a generic person in real life, for that matter?

Yes, I've been known to go hard on players. Very hard. I understand that nobody in this game is God, but neither does anybody have the right to blunder through the game like you are without expecting at least some scrutiny.

Besides you, Firestarter does seem a bit off. Not to play both sides of the fence, but he is saying a lot of bad stuff about you yet hasn't revoted you. His quick retraction (which he defended as voting too soon) is not enough to warrant a vote, but I am looking at him, so don't call me tunnel-visioned even though I've mostly gone after you so far.
Battousai wrote:All I have to say is, strangercoug is taking this way too seriously. The first blunder, yes I can see how it could be seen as scum mistake or even a Freudian slip with Firestarter, but the second one. Come on, I understood what he meant, and even if you didn't how is saying I played with you a lot scummy. And then you threaten him for not being as clear.
It is my fault that I misinterpreted the second thing I called millar13 out for. As I said above, no one in this game is God, and I regret having committed that error. There are other things I'm pressing on him for, however. His voiced fear about looking scummy is quite more telling than posting something that a third party reads in error.

Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:56 pm

Post by Rage »

Okay this is getting a little out of hand. First, I apologize for not posting sooner. I was waiting (yeah, lurking.. whatever you want to call it) for this argument (Millar being accused of starting seriousness when Millar accused Battousai of being serious) to actually get somewhere but that's probably not going to happen.

So instead of waiting for someone to push this crappy argument any further, I'd like to ask Millar a question or two:

@
Millar13
, should the random voting stage have ended when Battousai made a vote based on a sensical reason? If so, why does scum want to end the random voting stage with a serious vote? Also, I believe StrangerCoug asked this a couple times before but, what's really so wrong with making a serious vote? Sure, you've only seen scum do it, but why can't Town do it too? And finally, why did you choose not to participate in the random voting stage yet you say Town shouldn't feel awkward in it? What's your reason for not participating?
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”