Mini 765 - Welcome to Hambargarville GAME OVER!!

Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Wall-E's apology satisfied me ever so slightly, but I still have doubts. For example, Wall-E, what are your current thoughts on everyone? Do you have any?
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Wall-E »

yellowbunny wrote:@Wall-E: my comment on you being "difficult" isn't meant to be insulting, btw, so please don't take it as such...just trying to explain to Jase how I saw things.
Y

You certainly wouldn't be the first to label me as 'difficult.' :P no worries mate
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Idiotking wrote:Wall-E's apology satisfied me ever so slightly, but I still have doubts. For example, Wall-E, what are your current thoughts on everyone? Do you have any?
I will answer this thoroughly before the D1 lynch.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by Wall-E »

i gotta play dnd with some friends tonight and i'll be online all day tomorrow
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:38 am

Post by X »

Kreriov wrote:Oh, well, because there is actual actions other than lurking to discuss when it comes to Cubarey.
I generally do not consider lurking in and off itself scummy, especially day 1.
Also, given that I cannot vote for more than one person, about the only real pressure you can put on a lurker is actually pointing out the lurking.
Bolded is wrong, very wrong. Lurking lets scum make fewer contributions and ultimately giving the town less information.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:38 am

Post by X »

EBWOP: giving => gives
burfy
burfy
Goon
burfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:18 am

Post by burfy »

My activity should drop over the next couple of days. I've rather unexpectedly got to leave town but i should be back in two days time.
I might manage to check in here over that time but don't expect much from me at all.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:15 pm

Post by hambargarz »

Hero764 replaces The World No.1 Noob.
Thanks Hero764
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by yellowbunny »

Welcome, Hero. :)
"Someone is playing with my mind, with my little gray cells. " - Hercule Poirot
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:01 am

Post by Kreriov »

Hmm, not much happened over the weekend it seems, cept for getting a replacement. Welcome Hero!

@qwints - Do you at least have a suspect? Is there anyone you feel strongly enough about that you can put up a vote? Day 1 really is a pain in the ass, but if people do not do SOMETHING then nothing will ever happen.

@Hambargarz
- any word on Lieu resolving his computer issues?
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:36 am

Post by hambargarz »

Kreriov wrote:
@Hambargarz
- any word on Lieu resolving his computer issues?
No word, One more day and he will be replaced
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:39 am

Post by Hero764 »

Hey guys I'm the replacement for The World No. 1 Noob. I'll be reading through the thread now and hopefully I'll get my thoughts posted by tonight.
Show
[b]RECORD:[/b]

[u]Wins[/u]: 1

[u]Losses[/u]: 0
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:50 am

Post by Wall-E »

I'm too close to the action in this game to be unbiased. I'm hoping someone else makes a strong case for me to analyze. I think that for today that might be all I can manage.
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by yellowbunny »

@Qwints: You promised us 8 days ago that you would post your impressions of who you found scummy. Why have you not yet?
hero wrote: Hey guys I'm the replacement for The World No. 1 Noob. I'll be reading through the thread now and hopefully I'll get my thoughts posted by tonight.
Sounds great...we need to get discussion going again...any insights you get from a fresh read would be very helpful.
Wall-e wrote: I'm too close to the action in this game to be unbiased. I'm hoping someone else makes a strong case for me to analyze. I think that for today that might be all I can manage.
Not sure I agree with that. Well, what I mean is, yes, as the subject of so much scrutiny, you will be biased...but that doesn't mean your opinions aren't valid (or at least conversation generating). I think they are particularly valuable for two reasons:
1.) Just for general scum hunting, your impressions of people would be helpful overall.
2.) To help us get a clearer read on you. After all of our monster posts back and forth, I did some meta on you. While I would characterize your game play in this game to date as "scummy"...I read some games of yours and saw that your style of play here has been fairly consistent across the board, regardless of if you are town or scum. So, unless my assessment is off, you are less the type you can figure out by evaluating HOW you say something as you are the type that which we need to analyze WHAT you say/do.

I am aware that you are reluctant to say exactly what you think of everyone at this point in time...but some indicator of who you are finding scummy would be really nice to hear.
"Someone is playing with my mind, with my little gray cells. " - Hercule Poirot
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by X »

Wow, I just went over 2 days without posting. And that's because I have nothing to add/respond to.

That shouldn't happen, unless everyone has stated V/LA

Mod, please prod: qwints, Ojanen, CUBAREY, Jase, and Idiotking.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by hambargarz »

Prods sent.

Lleu will be replaced shortly

EDIT: Sajin replaces Lleu, Thanks Sajin
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:49 pm

Post by Sajin »

I am here. Reading now, will post a summary soon.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:54 pm

Post by qwints »

/acknowleding prod, will post when I wake up (about 6 hours)
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Post by Sajin »

@Idiotking- post 64, Random voting is needed by town to generate discussion. Not taking part in a random vote is scummy, because it means less discussion.

@Ojaned- post 73, although that is a reasonable assumption I doubt someone like Walle who plays multiples would not post in thread simply because he was night talking. You assume to much about peoples free time. Sure some have some here and there but some have large blocks of free time followed by large blocks of being busy.

@Walle- post 103, fail? You claim VT.
if your scum- That was such a bad way to cover up and your cracking under pressure this early?
if your town- you just failed town as any PRs just got upped in chance to be killed ><

There was not enough pressure on you at this point to claim. Period.

@Next few posts after 103, echos my sentiments.

@131- I agree with everything in this post of yellowbunny's, besides the obvious misread :P

@142- vote count summary, I think a lot of people here have wishy washy votes at this point. Why do we only have 4 votes on the board on page 5? Why? I read this as a mild form of busing. Just not sure on who.

@172- I agree with walle and disagree with burfy here, your vote is/was not on the "scummyest" person as previously claimed. Your 2nd sentence I am assuming you meant "Note that I?"

@173-Kreriov- Semi agree. I see walle's large increase in participation as scummy because it strikes me as trying to be under the radar, and then realizing your in danger, and desperately clinging to a rope, spamming posts to survive.

@174- Jase- Is cubarey just not having enough pressure on him at this point?

@175- I find myself agreeing with a few of the sub points. But...."if a vote on someone else I think looks scummy builds-up I will switch my vote to make a majority."....so you only vote bandwagons...... ><...but somehow I actually read this as devoted townie rather than scummy. Perhaps I glanced over it to fast. Regardless, care to comment on that?

Therefore currently wanting to vote walle but, I also understand his lack of other disscussions to talk about. So although my earlier comments in this post are harsher, I would like to have other discussions come up. More tomorrow.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:19 pm

Post by qwints »

All right, I couldn't sleep so here's some analysis.

Wall-E has consistently been the most scummy. Late to the thread, preemptive vanilla claim and a failure to scumhunt characterized the beginning of his play. His bizarre vote and unvote in posts 191 and 200 represent the height of his stupidity and this post:
Wall-E wrote:I'm too close to the action in this game to be unbiased. I'm hoping someone else makes a strong case for me to analyze. I think that for today that might be all I can manage.
represents a final abdication of a desire to produce content. 10 of his 25 posts are basically empty including this classic in iso post 15:
Wall-E wrote: :D

vote: Wall-E

Now, for my other suspects:
I still don't think idiotking has really redeemed himself from his early scummy posts (see 53,59 and 84). He has also has a lot of hedging in his posts: [I'll meta this when I have the time]
Iso 14
idiotking wrote: I don't think Wall-E's lack of posting is scummy, just lazy, but that doesn't change the fact that it looks bad.
Iso 17
idiotking wrote:
I basically agree with the sentiment that CUBAREY was overzealous, but not necessarily scummy ....

I don't see anything scummy from X, but it's little unsettling to me that he seems to be clinging to me a bit, subtly defending me ....

I don't have any scum vibes from anyone in particular, to be honest, but Wall-E's strange posting behavior's a bit annoying.
Next on the list is Jase, solely because of this post:
Post 101
Jase wrote:The vote was because he was the focus of my suspicion. Also I changed my vote from a random one so it isn't as though I was trying to jump off a dead wagon or something like that.

I think that the discussion about wall-e is pointless until he's prodded. If he IS in fact lurking that might merit some discussion, but I'm beginning to suspect that he just flaked.

I'm also not liking the way Cubarey is looking. Though I did find IKs response a bit over-defensive it seems like Cub is trying to make it seem like much more than that. As a matter of fact...he contradicts himself saying that Xs question was not serious but meant to see how IK would react, then later he says that Xs remark was a simple request for information, and any townie would have taken it as such.

Seeing this now I'll change my vote once more.

Unvote

Vote: CUBAREY
Note how he dismisses the legitimate attacks on IK and wall-e.

As for the rest ... I'd say its a mixture of pro-town players and lurkers. It's unlikely that these are the scum team and only the scum team, but I'm fairly confident there's at least one and probably two scum in the group.
hambargarz
hambargarz
Goon
hambargarz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:01 pm

Post by hambargarz »

VOTE COUNT

(1) qwints (Hero764)
(4) Wall-E (X, yellowbunny, Idiotking, qwints)

(2) CUBAREY (Jase, Kreriov)
(1) X (CUBAREY)

Not voting
Sajin, burfy, Ojanen, Wall-E
burfy
burfy
Goon
burfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:14 am

Post by burfy »

sajin wrote:@172- I agree with walle and disagree with burfy here, your vote is/was not on the "scummyest" person as previously claimed. Your 2nd sentence I am assuming you meant "Note that I?"
No, i did mean what i wrote. To clarify: I will only vote for the scummiest person but that does not mean i will always have a vote on someone. Case in question, i would not vote for anyone other than Wall-E because i thought he was scummiest but i didn't vote for him because i didn't find the evidence worthy of a vote.

I think you might have got my view point back to front. Anyway, not a major point. I'm going to have to look up the rest of your comments
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:05 am

Post by X »

Sajin wrote:@Ojaned- post 73, although that is a reasonable assumption I doubt someone like Walle who plays multiples would not post in thread simply because he was night talking. You assume to much about peoples free time. Sure some have some here and there but some have large blocks of free time followed by large blocks of being busy.
What does "who plays multiples" mean? And I don't get what you mean about Wall-E's free time.
Sajin wrote:@Walle- post 103, fail? You claim VT.
if your scum- That was such a bad way to cover up and your cracking under pressure this early?
if your town- you just failed town as any PRs just got upped in chance to be killed ><

There was not enough pressure on you at this point to claim. Period.
Alright, this is pretty much obvious.
Sajin wrote:@131- I agree with everything in this post of yellowbunny's, besides the obvious misread :)
YB says there that she sees a CUBAREY - Noob pairing likely. I can see CUBAREY, but Noob? I'm not so sure. Elaborate, please.
Sajin wrote:@173-Kreriov- Semi agree. I see walle's large increase in participation as scummy because it strikes me as trying to be under the radar, and then realizing your in danger, and desperately clinging to a rope, spamming posts to survive.
I think we agree on this point, but you're a little obscure. You're saying he's spamming, but I can't really term it that. If it was spam it would be purely jokes that have nothing to do with the game. He was mostly defending himself, which is not spam, but scummy, in that there was no scumhunting.
qwints wrote:
Wall-E wrote:I'm too close to the action in this game to be unbiased. I'm hoping someone else makes a strong case for me to analyze. I think that for today that might be all I can manage.
represents a final abdication of a desire to produce content
That's a good point, there.
qwints wrote:I still don't think idiotking has really redeemed himself from his early scummy posts (see 53,59 and 84). He has also has a lot of hedging in his posts: [I'll meta this when I have the time]
What's hedging, and why is it scummy?
qwints wrote:Next on the list is Jase, solely because of this post:
Post 101
Jase wrote:The vote was because he was the focus of my suspicion. Also I changed my vote from a random one so it isn't as though I was trying to jump off a dead wagon or something like that.

I think that the discussion about wall-e is pointless until he's prodded. If he IS in fact lurking that might merit some discussion, but I'm beginning to suspect that he just flaked.

I'm also not liking the way Cubarey is looking. Though I did find IKs response a bit over-defensive it seems like Cub is trying to make it seem like much more than that. As a matter of fact...he contradicts himself saying that Xs question was not serious but meant to see how IK would react, then later he says that Xs remark was a simple request for information, and any townie would have taken it as such.

Seeing this now I'll change my vote once more.

Unvote

Vote: CUBAREY
Note how he dismisses the legitimate attacks on IK and wall-e.
In the context of post 101, how were the attacks on Wall-E and IK legitimate?
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:21 am

Post by Kreriov »

@X Don't worry, I was watching :) Yes, it seems like the game is going a bit slow right now. Day 1s are typically like this and not posting on the weekend, well, I almost never do so you will get me going over 2 days without a post quite often. Anyway, to respond to your statement back when and because it seems pertinent now, just because I do not think lurking in and of itself is scummy do not think I do not notice or want to do something about it. Cubarey is still my focus and will continue to be my focus because of his actions and his failure to answer questions, but I will reiterate your observations that Jase, Ojaren and IK have not posted.

And welcome Sajin! Your posts and analysis will hopefully breath a bit of life into the game!
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:24 am

Post by qwints »

@X, hedging just means saying that you could be wrong.

e.g. wall-e's lurking is scummy BUT he might just be lazy.

It's not necessarily a scum tell, but scum can use it so that they can point back and say they were suspicious of their partners.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”