The Werewolves of Millers Hollow (Game Over)

DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:21 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Dizzy, what are your thoughts on my anti-scum mayor concerns?
I think that your opposition to choosing someone we consider scummy as mayor is entirely logical. In particular, I agree with everything you said in this post:
zwetschenwasser wrote:I'm pretty sure I've stated my concerns a couple of times:

1)If the scummy mayor is in fact a town player, the scum only need to wait for a couple of mislynches to be able to manipulate the town into lynching the mayor.

2)If the scummy mayor is scum, the scum only need to wait for a couple of mislynches to be able to effectively bus the mayor without much town disapproval. Yes, this kills scum, but also makes the bussing scum appear more pro-town.

3)The mayor has a harder time scumhunting, as the town is more inclined to take the opinions of a scum-elected mayor with a grain of salt.

4)The town is more inclined to look for scumtells in the scum-elected mayor than otherwise.

In order of detriment to the town, least to greatest: 4, 3, 1, 2.
Not to mention the fact that anything that gives scum or potential scum a greater influence in lynching people is inherently a bad thing.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:22 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote: Self-vote is the vote that best allows me to attain
my win condition
. I find it hard to overlook that logic. The "Pick two people" approach forces you to go beyond that and enables clearer thinking that helps the game move along, since naturally, the only people who would be absolutely confident in voting for other people would be scum, since they know their win condition is equally served by their scumbuddies who are confirmed to be the same alignment and thus we're likely to come to a stalemate in mayor voting. I find that approach personally helpful.
Wait, what? Bolded the important part. So, you're saying that you have a personal win con, different from that of the town?
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:24 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Shinnen's new avatar freaks me out.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:35 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Shinnen_no_Me wrote:
my win condition
. I find it hard to overlook that logic. The "Pick two people" approach forces you to go beyond that and enables clearer thinking that helps the game move along, since naturally, the only people who would be absolutely confident in voting for other people would be scum, since they know their win condition is equally served by their scumbuddies who are confirmed to be the same alignment and thus we're likely to come to a stalemate in mayor voting. I find that approach personally helpful.
Wait, what? Bolded the important part. So, you're saying that you have a personal win con, different from that of the town?
No? Read post two. The win condition in the sample role PM, which I'm quoting because quoting my own role PM would break the rules, specifically says "
You
win when the threat of lycanthropy is eliminated." Win conditions are given to you in terms of whow the individual player wins. Thus, I refer to my win condition, since I assume other people have different win conditions.
Show
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:12 am

You've completely lost me. What do you mean?
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:16 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

How are you lost?
Show
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:17 am

I don't understand what you're trying to say...
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:24 am

Post by Jahudo »

Xtoxm wanting replacement does not sit well with me. But allowing a replacement to confirm or deny these claims is a good thing, as long as the replacement is willing to talk about it. I'd still like to know if the role pm said a lynch attempt forces night without a lynch.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:28 am

^this^
dingoatemybaby
dingoatemybaby
Goon
dingoatemybaby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:50 am

Post by dingoatemybaby »

Unvote for mayor

The Xtoxm situation ticks me off. I guess we have to wait and see how his replacement explains his behavior (if his replacement even can).
dingoatemybaby
dingoatemybaby
Goon
dingoatemybaby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:56 am

Post by dingoatemybaby »

Oops. Also

Unvote for Lynch
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:13 am

I highly doubt the replacement will be able to do anything.
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:17 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

X has created a situation in which his replacement must immediately claim or let us just assume our speculation is correct. I'm *really* not happy with him, as I know how much it sucks coming into a role where you've got little chance of survival.
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Town/Mafia/SK/Cult/Oth 5/3/1/0/0
Win/Loss/Draw/Abandoned 4/1/0/1
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:06 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

I don't think it's worth waiting for a replacement to be honest. Xtoxm is only asking to be replaced because he;s about toi be lynched and his plan to play a gambit for his own amusement and to ruin the game has been foiled. Lynching him is good play anyway, and it saves us the trouble of seeking a replacement. Plus, since he decided to obscenely insult two players in teh game with no provocation whatsoever, and the rules clearly say punishment is in the hands of the mod, if he's going to get away with any kind of other punishment, I'd love to see him mod-killed anyway.
Show
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:11 am

Post by Xtoxm »

If lynching me would have killed me i'd have just self hammered. The role I have means it is not unfair on the replacement.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Barrylocke
Barrylocke
Goon
Barrylocke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Barrylocke »

Xtoxm wrote:If lynching me would have killed me i'd have just self hammered. The role I have means it is not unfair on the replacement.
IMO, it is unfair, it places them in a situation that they might not have put themself in if they started from the beginning.
Dr Pepper
Dr Pepper
Goon
Dr Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Dr Pepper »

I think Yos's reasoning was the better method of quelching the scum-major proposal. While I was one of the people who suggested it, it does not strike me as strictly superior to any other strategy we have at the moment.

I still think scum will have a hard time using the major position appropriately without drawing attention to themselves. It seems to me scum would not want the major power as it is very easy to screw up using it.

Unvote Mayor
Unvote Lynch

Mayor Vote Yosarian2

I definitely do not like the vote for two majors proposal. I can see past my own doorstep and recognize that I need to look around for a good mayor other than myself. At least a few players have been stepping up and doing some good analysis. Since I am now going with the townie mayor plan, I think those guys would be good choices.

I dont want Battlemage as a major. Something just feels off to me right now. I cant put my finger on it. I just have a mild suspicion of him.

Firestarter made a good push of his ideas. I do not find him scummy for them. He gets some mild townie points from me.

I am kinda surprised zwets broke his five word per post meta. I am not sure what to make of it yet, but he is definitelt acting a little different than the norm.

The Xtoxm situation has me annoyed as well. He has created a gigantic pile of distraction. It is in out best interest to wait for his replacement to say something in his defense, but I will most likely lynch him anyway. I want the Xtoxm situation solved. I do not want that liability hanging around until end game.

Also Mufasa,
Lynch Vote Mufasa
, get in the game and contribute. You are now actively lurking and self voting. I want to hear your opinions. Also to all players, if you are unsure of something, ask. Otherwise, form an idea and express it. It only benefits the scum to avoid discussion and prevent scum hunting. I am going to run up a lurker wagon or two while waiting until Xtoxm gets replaced.
I think that ghostbusters is a pretty cool guy eh crosses the streams and doesnt afraid of no ghost.
MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:16 am

Post by MikeSC6 »

[quote=Jahudo]How does that stop him from turning into a vamp if that is his power? We don’t know if we have a vig, specifically one that can control their shot, and we shouldn’t be trying to direct him anyway. [/quote]

Oh, good point. Didn't really think it through!

I don't know what to do about Xtoxm- at least if we lynch we'll know either way, and you guys are right that we can't rely on a vig, that could fail and we wouldn't have a clue why. Could be for a number of reasons.
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

At this point, I do at least want to hear from a replacement before we make any decision regarding the lynch.
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Town/Mafia/SK/Cult/Oth 5/3/1/0/0
Win/Loss/Draw/Abandoned 4/1/0/1
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:06 am

Post by Firestarter »

Shadow Knight wrote:At this point, I do at least want to hear from a replacement before we make any decision regarding the lynch.
I too want to hear what the replacement has to say before a possible lynching.
('') (':') ('')
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:07 am

Dr. Pepper, I was justifiably concerned for the town at hearing Fire's proposition. I actually care about winning this game, unlike some people whose names start with X...
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:27 am

Post by Jahudo »

Xtoxm wrote:If lynching me would have killed me i'd have just self hammered. The role I have means it is not unfair on the replacement.
X, no one can attempt to lynch you until a mayor is decided. Why are you being anti-town now?

Question: Can you confirm from your role PM that a hammer attempt on you will result in a automatic no lynch and end of day? Or will we just keep playing and get a chance to lynch someone else?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:36 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I would assume it ends the day, although i'm not explicitly told.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:36 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
Shinnen_no_Me wrote:
my win condition
No? Read post two. The win condition in the sample role PM, which I'm quoting because quoting my own role PM would break the rules, specifically says "
You
win when the threat of lycanthropy is eliminated." Win conditions are given to you in terms of whow the individual player wins. Thus, I refer to my win condition, since I assume other people have different win conditions.
You're right with that. However, you stating that seems strange. Like if you had to read the sample PM to know about the winning condition. Maybe it's just me being paranoid, but still, I will note this down for a future analysis.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:50 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

millar13 replaces Xtoxm, effective immediately.
MOD: I am voting for a Mayor
&
Could you answer my question I posted earlier on...
Can you confirm if the outgoing Mayor is required to post their successor in thread or by PM please?
1) Actually, you voted for TWO Mayors in the same post. Instead of trying to guess which one you meant, I'm treating it as you showed support for two candidates but did not choose one.

2) I suppose the Mayor will PM me their choice, which I will then announce in the thread. I don't see what sort of difference it would make if it were the other way, though. At any rate, the Mayor will always be publicly known.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”