Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:58 am

Post by Empking »

caf19 wrote:
@ Emp, it's kinda obvious that someone was going to ask you for reasons, but I'm going to do it anyway... reasons for your vote plz.
Its impossible to get a Bowser's Army Role PM and think "I'm scum" or at least when you find out you're scum think "Oh like Space Monkey"

Lawrence wasn't hiding who the town was at all.

Mod edit
Visible Votecount

-zwetschenwasser (4): populartajo, pacman281292, AceMarksman, Shinnen_no_Me
-populartajo (2): qwints, ortolan
-AceMarksman (3): caf19, zwetschenwasser, Gorrad
-Shinnen_no_Me (1): Riceballtail
-Dubya (1): Shadow Knight
-Gorrad (1): Empking

Not voting (5): killa seven, Surye, Moratorium, Dubya, Cream147

With 17 alive it takes 9 real votes to lynch.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:58 am

Post by Surye »

zwetschenwasser wrote:So this is why a massclaim was bad... :-)
The irony is that a mass claim BEFORE we realized what was going on would have probably broken the game. Bowsers army would fake claim thinking we were mafia of some sort, pretending to be mario roles, and mushroom kingdom may have caught on, and may have caught on, and role claimed either their real role, or a bowser role, causing.... okay, it's too convoluted to predict, but it would have been interesting ;P
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:01 am

Post by Surye »

Empking wrote:
caf19 wrote:
@ Emp, it's kinda obvious that someone was going to ask you for reasons, but I'm going to do it anyway... reasons for your vote plz.
Its impossible to get a Bowser's Army Role PM and think "I'm scum" or at least when you find out you're scum think "Oh like Space Monkey"

Lawrence wasn't hiding who the town was at all.
I imagine us MKMI players were most easily fooled. I was bowser army last game, so for months my mind equivocated that with scum. Now getting another bowser role, I thought the same thing myself. So his line of reasoning is not impossible. (and yes, I claimed bowser army, but like any town claim, I think it's implicit if not explicit).
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:03 am

Post by Surye »

And to add, I even asked if I don't get to know who my scum buddies are, needless to say, I didn't get anything. Anyone confused initially has major bonus points in my book as likely town. As it goes on, (including me) has much much less value to being town.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Surye »

Zwet, Tajo, Ace are +1 town right now.
Shin is +2 scum, he seemed so matter of fact about the confusion, like his role PM gave him so much more information that made things clear. Then he jumped on voting zwet like that so fast.

Vote: Shin
to put a little more behind that +2.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:09 am

Post by Empking »

Surye: Do you think this quote make it clear that MKers are the invaders/ambigious/clear that BA are the invaders?

After the successful defence against the attack of Bowser and his army (link), the people of the Mushroom Kingdom decide to strike back and get rid of Bowser’s army once and for all. They plan an assault on Bowser’s Castle, the residence of the now slain King of the Koopas. After the preparations they successfully get inside the castle, because without their great leader the guard turns out to be very ineffective. But inside, it is so dark that nobody can see who is who. Again, everybody has to find out who is who in order to kill who they want to kill. Maybe the inhabitants of this castle aren’t so helpless after all...

Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Surye »

Empking wrote:Surye: Do you think this quote make it clear that MKers are the invaders/ambigious/clear that BA are the invaders?

After the successful defence against the attack of Bowser and his army (link), the people of the Mushroom Kingdom decide to strike back and get rid of Bowser*s army once and for all. They plan an assault on Bowser*s Castle, the residence of the now slain King of the Koopas. After the preparations they successfully get inside the castle, because without their great leader the guard turns out to be very ineffective. But inside, it is so dark that nobody can see who is who. Again, everybody has to find out who is who in order to kill who they want to kill. Maybe the inhabitants of this castle aren*t so helpless after all...

It did not occur to me, no. I saw this as a continuation of MKMI, I did not think of the scum party flopping.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:14 am

Post by Empking »

So ambiguous?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:18 am

Post by Surye »

Yes, ambiguous. Had I not had a reason to assume BA was scum, I may have read it differently. But I went into it with that preconception before I even read that.
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:19 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

vote Surye

I didn't have any confusion about which side I'm on and it feels like you're trying too hard to find something scummy so soon into this game.

Mod: not counted, unvote first
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Town/Mafia/SK/Cult/Oth 5/3/1/0/0
Win/Loss/Draw/Abandoned 4/1/0/1
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:22 am

Post by Surye »

Shadow Knight wrote:
vote Surye

I didn't have any confusion about which side I'm on and it feels like you're trying too hard to find something scummy so soon into this game.
Imagine that. I don't remember you spending months on end in a role opposite of what you would expect that to be now. So I wouldn't expect you to have the same expectations. Which I've stated. And you might want to try finding things scummy, if you're on town side.

And last time I even sort of had a traitor role, so the idea of me not knowing my scum buddies didn't even seem that strange.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:24 am

Post by Surye »

And I also find it funny you're voting me because you think I'm being scummy by looking for scum this early in the game, but you are doing exactly that same thing a single post later. :P
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:05 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

*shakes fist at mod* Surye it obvtown, and Empking is confused town.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:18 am

Post by Empking »

zwetschenwasser wrote:*shakes fist at mod* Surye it obvtown, and Empking is confused town.
How so?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:39 am

Post by populartajo »

Shadow Knight wrote:
vote Surye

Im still analysing reactions but this is by far the most I dislike.
How the hell you werent confused about which side when you get "supposedly" a Bowser Army PM?
I think the most logical reactions is a)Gorrad reaction like thinking he was a traitor or b)Acting confused.
This is a good start.
Vote: Shadowknigh.

Mod: not counted, unvote first
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:40 am

Post by populartajo »

Surye wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:So this is why a massclaim was bad... :-)
The irony is that a mass claim BEFORE we realized what was going on would have probably broken the game. Bowsers army would fake claim thinking we were mafia of some sort, pretending to be mario roles, and mushroom kingdom may have caught on, and may have caught on, and role claimed either their real role, or a bowser role, causing.... okay, it's too convoluted to predict, but it would have been interesting ;P
THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR.
Obviously there are always people that dont look outside the window...
Call me Tajo.
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:51 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

Yeah, how so Zwet?

@Surye: So, I'm scum because I voted for zwet, after he slipped like that? Sorry, I do find suspicious his slip (the slip that he didn't know alignment of bowser army), but after a long thought, I'm thinking that zwet is not likely scum but third party. One way or another, I don't think he knew who the town was, hence he's not town.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:53 am

Post by Moratorium »

What's confusing to me right now is that although I'm a member of bowser's army, which has a pretty specific townie win condition, the powers granted by the items available to us for purchase are...

(how to put this in a way only townies should understand)

Unexpected.

Also, I have this creepy feeling that we wake up Day 2 and find out that this isn't Scum-is-Town and Town-is-Scum, but instead this is just some quasi-random "Day 1 with the lights out!" and suddenly we all recognize each other again and only then does the true informed minority get established with more role PM's and whatever...

After having just outed ourselves voluntarily on Day 1.

Nightmare scenarios. :(
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:03 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

populartajo wrote:How the hell you werent confused about which side when you get "supposedly" a Bowser Army PM?
Because I can read flavor and my role PM and *not* be stupid? The mushroom kingdom is invading us... I am part of bowser's castle... I don't see anyone else's name in my role PM...
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:13 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

Truly, tajo, with your question you make me think that you didn't know for sure who the town is. If you knew that town is bowser army, you wouldn't have asked about a Mario claim.
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:14 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

FoS: Tajo
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:43 am

Post by Gorrad »

populartajo wrote:
Shadow Knight wrote:
vote Surye

Im still analysing reactions but this is by far the most I dislike.
How the hell you werent confused about which side when you get "supposedly" a Bowser Army PM?
I think the most logical reactions is a)Gorrad reaction like thinking he was a traitor or b)Acting confused.
This is a good start.
Vote: Shadowknigh.
Y'see, this is what I have against Ace. He wasn't at all confused by his role, and automatically assumed no one else would be. AND he didn't recognise his role, supposedly, as a Mario baddy. Personally, I find that nigh-impossible unless he has a named villain (I find this unlikely due to the deaths of most of said named villains in MKMI, AKA Bowser, Baby Bowser, and Drybones. There aren't many left).

Also, a thought: There's a warioware item with no Wario. We can probably expect a role from the Warioware games somewhere in this.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

@Gorrad- I think my scumdar just blew up.
Gorrad wrote:he didn't recognise his role, supposedly, as a Mario baddy. Personally, I find that nigh-impossible unless he has a named villain
So if he *had* a named bad guy role, for example "Bowser", you'd believe that he didn't recognize it? I don't know if this is just craplogic or straight up being confused about what you meant to say.
Gorrad wrote:(I find this unlikely due to the deaths of most of said named villains in MKMI, AKA Bowser, Baby Bowser, and Drybones. There aren't many left).
The deaths in MKMI may not carry over to this game (much like Bowser's defeat in Mario 1, didn't mean he couldn't show up again in another Mario game). We may find some of the roles in both games, regardless of whether they survived the first game or not. Not saying I know for sure, but I find it stupid to try and outguess the mod or speculate too much on the setup.
Gorrad wrote:There's a warioware item with no Wario.
Did I miss something? Where does it say there is no Wario in this game? He could be a 3rd party (SK would fit, I think), but again, setup speculation doesn't really help so soon in the game.
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:28 am

Post by populartajo »

Shadow Knight wrote:
populartajo wrote:How the hell you werent confused about which side when you get "supposedly" a Bowser Army PM?
Because I can read flavor and my role PM and *not* be stupid? The mushroom kingdom is invading us... I am part of bowser's castle... I don't see anyone else's name in my role PM...
Kay, so as soon as you read your PM, you realized that you were town, or you had any doubts about it?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:29 am

Post by populartajo »

Shinnen_no_Me wrote:Truly, tajo, with your question you make me think that you didn't know for sure who the town is. If you knew that town is bowser army, you wouldn't have asked about a Mario claim.
What?
When did I ask for a Mario claim?
Call me Tajo.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”