The Werewolves of Millers Hollow (Game Over)

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by Juls »

Please don't kill him until I am finished rereading, I don't want to waste my post.

On page 15....
-------------------------------------
Juls
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by millar13 »

Juls I was dead even before I had posted on this game. Just plz get it over and done with. You can re-read after my death and during the Night Phase
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by Juls »

MikeSC6 207 wrote:That first link shows that he's not averse to messing with his side to get out of games he doesn't want to play- so the "innocent" thing could be true, but not the "unlynchable" thing.
You think he was wanting to get out of a game that he joined? That makes next to zero sense. If this was post 1000 I could buy it but it was like his first post.
Yosarian2 230 wrote:Sure, but worst of all is scum as mayor elected day 1 and then staying mayor all game. I don't know why people keep acting like that's impossible, it certanly is not.
I agree with this statement 100%. It would be very easy for scum to stay alive the duration of the game. We get ONE chance to vote the mayor, then, the person we vote is control of where it goes from there. A scum could give it to a person who thinks one of his scum buddies is being protown, or a power-role who would be more advantagous to town if alive but under extra scrutiny could easily be lynched. Holy crap this is a no brainer! Give it to the most logical, most protown player because that player will pass it to the second most logical, protown player and so on and so forth. Everyone suggesting a scum mayor is earning major scum points from me.
Dr. Pepper wrote:@ Juls: OK, you have determined that his meta is false-claiming. Do you want a player like that sticking around for too long.
No, but I am in more of the "lets see what happens in night" camp.
zwetschenwasser 257 wrote:The mayor won't be the one manipulating, it'll be his scumbuddies or just plain simple opportunistic scum.
Very good zwets! You get a cookie!!!

By the way, I'm going to get this out of the way now because I doubt it will change as I continue to read...

Unvote, Vote: Firestarter

Electing a scum as mayor makes NOOOOOO sense. I am glad I am reading this all at once and saving myself two days of anger and instead being angry all at once in one hour. I am not stupid, I understand the reasons that you THINK are good for a scum mayor, but they just aren't good.
Firestarter 325 wrote:But I tried hard to make this method as transparent as possible, and I came up against a brick wall.
Because the proposal was BAD. Maybe you were trying to think outside of the box? That's fine but you should also recognize when the safe route is more advantagous. You can't get mad at others for disagreeing with you or thinking you are scummy for your ideas. Well, I guess you can but you can't stop them from voting you for it. Ironically, the biggest problem isn't that you proposed a bad plan but that you spent 2 pages (and counting) pushing it and introducing unneeded confusing into a pretty simple process.

-----------
zwets 339 wrote:He's not forcing anything, Yos. Opportunistic much?
Why are you defending Xtoxm so much? I could understand if he had done something protown up to this point but he has done NOTHING.

That being said, zwets accused Mike of rolefishing earlier (which I disagreed with), but I do find this to be rolefishing:
MikeSC6 349 wrote:]
I've said it at least three times already: DON'T LYNCH XTOXM YET
Do you have any reasons at all? We can't just take your word for it.
Shadow Knight 370 wrote: think Xtoxm is trying too hard to GET lynched. This automatically makes me want to *not* lynch him. He's lurking enough to piss people off and this is exactly what I would do if I wanted to get lynched, not if I wanted to prove myself as town and lynchable.
^This! We have more than enough to go on today. What is the harm in letting Xtoxm (millar) be the D2 plan if we still don't feel good about him after night. It's not like the game is going to end after N1.
Dizzy 385 wrote:Why is everyone assuming we have a vig? Nobody has claimed vig, and we have no evidence that one exists in the game at the moment. Thus, we have to assume there isn't one for now, and in that case, we have to lynch Xtoxm.
And what is the harm of waiting one night to see if it happens without having a vig come out and show themself in public? What is the urgency in killing him?
Mufasa 409 wrote:Yes Reading through I want to "test" this UnLynchable that X has put out there so I will
unvote vote : xtomx
Really? 409 posts into the game and THIS is all you've got?

-----------------

Given the recent millar claim, I want to know more before I hammer. You can tell us "what X was now"...and wtf...I wanted to make my post, not reread in night! I wanted my information to go INTO night with everyone.

Unvote Mayor. Vote Yos Mayor
I still find Fonz townie but it looks like Yos has a better shot and he is high on my list. I wish others would follow suit because I think Yos has been better than BM.
Juls
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by millar13 »

Wasted post and wasted lynch vote
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by Juls »

Wow you are just as charming as X.
Juls
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by millar13 »

Considering what he has done....and the fact that I had to fill his shoes. Can you really blame me?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by Juls »

If you are town millar then vote Yos mayor.
Juls
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by Mufasa »

Here are my thoughts....

Xtomx completely gave us little to no choice on who to lynch for Day 1 thats why I had little to no thought in my lynch.

2nd the mayor vote is rather interesting, I seriously would not mind Yos, Fonz on Battle Mage as Mayor, the three likelist to be town.

I'm a full time student involved in Varsity Baseball so I get on here when i can sorry for the lack of content.
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

So, now he have to elect a mayor to end the day, right? Ok, so far, Yos has taken the most protown points, so I will vote for him. I still think that either Fonz or Sk would have make a good job too, but I find Yos better.

Vote for mayor: Yos
dingoatemybaby
dingoatemybaby
Goon
dingoatemybaby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by dingoatemybaby »

Vote Fonz for Mayor

He feels more town to me than anyone else right now. However, I do not feel so strongly about this that I will not change to someone else I believe to be town to get us to the end of day.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Jahudo »

millar's little one liners are without hesitation and his village idiot claim is just too over the top to look natural. It looks to me like he wants us to think he's a jester, so while he's baiting us to lynch him he's hoping we call his bluff and back off. Anyone see it differently?

A Yos mayor is fine by me. I don't like BM's disappearance. He said alot of little stuff early on while joking. I wouldn't call him likeliest town.

unvote mayor;
Vote Yos for mayor
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Millar is anti-town. We lynch anti-town. That's that.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
dingoatemybaby
dingoatemybaby
Goon
dingoatemybaby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by dingoatemybaby »

Oh. I thought Millar was lynched already. Any objection to me dropping the hammer on him?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Juls »

Lets chooe a mayor first...
Juls
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Shadow Knight »

Grrrrr. If he *is* a role that wants us to lynch him, I say we don't give him what he wants.
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Town/Mafia/SK/Cult/Oth 5/3/1/0/0
Win/Loss/Draw/Abandoned 4/1/0/1
dingoatemybaby
dingoatemybaby
Goon
dingoatemybaby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by dingoatemybaby »

Juls wrote:Lets chooe a mayor first...
Why? Day won't end until we do both. Why mayor before lynch?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by Juls »

Are you sure of that?
Juls
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Shadow Knight wrote:Grrrrr. If he *is* a role that wants us to lynch him, I say we don't give him what he wants.
Why the hell not?
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:59 pm

Post by millar13 »

Vote: Yos for Mayor
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:31 am

Post by Percy »

The millar situation

Shadow Knight 468 wrote:I'd like to try something.

@Millar- if you are at least 3 votes away from lynch, please vote yourself. After he does so, no one else vote him unless you're scum.
..which millar does in 472.

The Fonz votes for millar in 476.

Shadow Knight ignores this in 477, asking for a vote count, hoping that the jester's self-vote won't count. If it does count, then he's going to 'drop the Jester line of thought'. Seems a little odd and arbitrary.

Now there are millar posts that make me say "WTF":
millar13 499 wrote:i will explain what X was, when I am killed.
What X
was
? When you're killed you will still talk?

And some that scream "impatient to be lynched":
millar13 501 wrote:Juls I was dead even before I had posted on this game. Just plz get it over and done with. You can re-read after my death and during the Night Phase
"Go on, just kill me! Don't even think about it! It won't be a bother! Everything will be fine!!! QUICKLY!!!!"

...but then when Juls says this:
Juls 506 wrote:If you are town millar then vote Yos mayor
...he goes ahead and does it in 518.

Conlusions: millar needs to be left alone. I can't get a read on him at all, and there's a better alternative.

If we choose not to lynch him today (based on the theory that he is unlynchable
or
a Jester) I don't think anyone could discount "lynchable scum" enough to let him live in the long run. Thus, he has to die soon.

However, it would be better to let him live until the night; if we have any vigs, he's either dead scum, thwarted Jester or dead anti-town liar. If he survives tonight, we can always lynch him tomorrow. It's just not clear enough to risk wasting a lynch imo, even if the possibility of it failing is remote. We gain virtually the same information with less risk if we leave it for tomorrow.

Unvote millar13 for lynch

Firestarter and mayor discussion
Juls 502 wrote:... the biggest problem isn't that you proposed a bad plan but that you spent 2 pages (and counting) pushing it and introducing unneeded confusing into a pretty simple process.
*nods* I agree that this is his biggest problem, but I think voting people for theorycrafting, even if it's kinda bad, is an overreaction. It's annoying to read, but at least it was right there for us to read it.

The process wasn't simple before, either. Other people had made other suggestions before; many people are electing multiple candidates, and everyone seems to be electing others for completely different reasons and holding different expectatons on their mayor candidates.

RADICAL MAYOR PROPOSITION:

Vote for someone you think is protown who wants the job, and scrutinize whoever gets in after he gets elected.

Kinda sucks to get elected, yeah, but responsibility sucks sometimes. If you're a good scumhunter you can lead the town to victory, and that's kinda cool for a townie, even though it's dangerous and hard.

Theorcrafting
DizzyIzzyB13 423 wrote:I believe one gains a far better understanding someone's thinking as expressed through post content rather than simply following voting patterns.
Indeed that is true. However, I think signposting is never bad. If you read all of my posts and notice inconsistencies in the way I vote or FoS, that's something you can point out. If you're the kind of player who plays a lot of baseball and never reads the centre of paragraphs, then putting your voting record in bold can help those players keep up to speed on who suspects whom. It doesn't detract from my analysis; it allows me to demonstrate my opinion on who is scummy in a clear and precise way. This is something every town player should do as much as possible.
The Fonz 465 wrote:I once replaced a guy who had claimed cop, and was counterclaimed. By a guy with an innocent investigation on him.
I'd really like to read this game. Can you at least tell me what happened?
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:08 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Yos blatantly rolefished last page, and noone noticed.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
dingoatemybaby
dingoatemybaby
Goon
dingoatemybaby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:49 am

Post by dingoatemybaby »

Juls wrote:Are you sure of that?
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
The day will not end until both a Mayor has been elected and a player has been lynched.
dingoatemybaby
dingoatemybaby
Goon
dingoatemybaby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:50 am

Post by dingoatemybaby »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Yos blatantly rolefished last page, and noone noticed.
Please be more specific. Can you provide a quote from Yos illustrating what you mean?
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:51 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

I think we're allowed to reverse the order though, dingo.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:01 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Unvote to Lynch

Im really confused. from this page, it looks like Xtoxm's replacement is claiming jester, and Yos just put him at -1. wtf??

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”