Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:55 am

Post by Isacc »

Alright, a lot has happened, and I can finally post now.

Dourgrim-Magnus played out interestingly, and different than I expected. My suspicion of Dour has gone down significantly. I see a town attitude, plus despite what Magnus says I think Dour has argued his points well. My only major disagreement is that I do not find Magnus a major scum suspect yet, as I have only seen a few minor tells so far.

Philly has done nothing to make himself seem more town. However, Magnus's request is fair and I think waiting for him to make an attempt at being protown is a good idea (though didn't we do this before...?)

Magnus's case on my vote on Philly: I remember this accusation...it was placed on me already...but hey, I'll argue it again. There was a specifically damning post by Philly in my eyes, which came before Magnus's post. Thus, I felt that a vote had been earned. If you notice, Magnus's voting post was only a few minutes before mine, and I do not precisely remember now (it was how long ago?) but I think I had been writing it while Magnus posted.

Anyways, the other fact is, it's all well and good to speculate this except that I actually find him scummy. If he flips town, that'll be unfortunate, but I have no real evidence to believe he will at this point.

@BB: I'm pleased that you think I'm playing drastically different. I played terribly in Neapolitan, and I've been working on playing better, a lot. I got tired of being the mislynch suspect (I was a top scum suspect in 2 consecutive games as town...ironically never lynched though lol).

Important: There was a lot of discussion I missed about whether or not playstyles are damning. The easy answer to this is that a playstyle (whether anti-town or pro-town) is never good evidence to being scummy (OR towny). A playstyle is generally a constant, and so will have no correlation to town or scum. Plus, I strongly believe a good read can be deduced from
how
a player uses his strategy.

@Seraphim: Yay, it's Seraphim. WoT would have been a town win if I hadn't failed so much xD.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:56 am

Post by Isacc »

Oops, forgot:

As it's been awhile, if I missed any accusations/questions/queries/interrogations on me, I would appreciate them being reposted now.
Show

Check out my machinima:
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:16 am

Post by magnus_orion »

caf19 wrote:magnus appears to be progressively cooling on his suspicion toward Phily, while his suspicion of players such as RBT and particularly Dourgrim has continued to grow, in the latter case to a point where he is "reasonably confident you're scum now". Yet his vote remains on Phily. This makes no sense to me - there's no point in having a pressure vote on someone if you're going to alleviate that pressure through posts saying you're thinking about whether Phily might be a mislynch, etc.
Riceballtail wrote:That was an attack? Didn't look like one to me.
It's getting hard to ignore your refusal to make even a cursory attempt at explanations or analysis. Please try harder.
No, I just can't post on philly
because he hasn't posted
. There's nothing new to comment on. Even more confident that philly is scum than dourgrim.

I'm not icreadibly suspicious of RBT. Though it is hard to get her to react to anything... making her a difficult read.
As for thinking about philly might be a mislynch, its because both trumpet and BB suggested a meta... but Trumpet has changed his mind. And BB is voting him. I'm still waiting to hear seraphim's opinion on this. And if we can, RBT's. Because we now know that they were all in a game with phillyec. In my personal opinion, phillyec is scum. But if there's sufficient meta to suggest he plays like this as town, then I'd change my opinion.
Dourgrim wrote:
magnus_orion wrote:@Dourgrim: Hey, scum, do you have anything to say about players who are not me? Afraid of boxing yourself into a corner from your comments earlier on?
HOS: Dourgrim
Spin-doctor much? I haven't provided much analysis on the other players, I agree, but that's because I think I've presented a pretty good case on you that you still haven't refuted to my satisfaction.
You're a liar
... why should you (or your BS accusations) be trusted?
magnus_orion wrote:Your last post is my favorite scumtell. You're happy with your vote because it is against town, and you feel its been legetimized by someone else's comment. I am reasonably confident you're scum now.
No, I'm happy with my vote because you're not making any sense, and because another player besides me has successfully pointed out a flaw in your "case" that you didn't really refute well. You've gone around and FoS'd almost everyone in this game at this point, and you haven't built much of a case against anyone as far as I can tell, let alone me. Besides, if you're so sure I'm scum, why aren't you voting for me? :roll: Get over yourself.
Beyond_Birthday wrote:Dour: Your play is still radically different. Granted, maybe you need someone like GIEFF to argue with, but I think your being exceedingly passive this game. Reason?
Have you not noticed magnus up there? I was arguing with him, posting quite a bit, and the reaction of the Town was pretty much the same: ignoring us. Why continue to blather on about magnus and his ridiculous "playstyle" if no one's interested? It didn't help last game, did it? You were convinced then that I was scum, so I'm trying to keep the thread noise down in this game to reduce the distractions to the Town. I guess in that way I am playing differently than last game... but also remember, in that last game I said that my work schedule has picked up considerably, and I have less time overall for posting. I'm keeping up with the game, I'm not lurking, I just am not posting walls of text anymore.
What do you mean haven't refuted to your satisfaction? I asked you to present the facts, and post my posts where I "lied" and show where you say I lied through emphasis, and then show how it conflicts with the facts. You never proceeded to do this. If what you claim about me is true, then you should be able to. So why don't you?

And I'm more confident philly is scum. And I can't vote for two people.

Also, I'll note that you refuse to post analysis on other players. Why don't you? Your excuse is ridiculous, posting a case on me does not interfere with you commenting on other players. Unless, of course, you're scum afraid of alienating players from your wagon against me, in which case, you'd have a perfectly legitimate reason for not posting on other players as a result of making a case on me.

As for a case against you, you did something, which I already explained, and as a result, I think you're scum. And I'm going to continue to think you are scum until you do something that makes me change my mind.

Phillyec is in the same boat. His actions lead me to believe he is scum. And I'm going to continue to think he is scum until he does something that changes my mind.
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:22 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Hey, Isacc posted! :D
Anyways, the other fact is, it's all well and good to speculate this except that I actually find him scummy. If he flips town, that'll be unfortunate, but I have no real evidence to believe he will at this point.
Who is "he"? Your pronouns were unclear here, isacc. At least to me.
Show
Win-Loss
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:47 am

Post by Isacc »

magnus_orion wrote:Hey, Isacc posted! :D
Who is "he"? Your pronouns were unclear here, isacc. At least to me.
He is Philly. To rephrase it for clarity:

"Anyways, the other fact is, it's all well and good to speculate all this except that I actually find Philly scummy. If Philly flips town, that'll be unfortunate, but I have no real evidence to believe that Philly is actually town at this point."
Show

Check out my machinima:
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Dourgrim »

magnus_orion wrote:What do you mean haven't refuted to your satisfaction? I asked you to present the facts, and post my posts where I "lied" and show where you say I lied through emphasis, and then show how it conflicts with the facts. You never proceeded to do this. If what you claim about me is true, then you should be able to. So why don't you?
I have pointed out on more than one occasion where you've lied. To sum up: you omitted emphasis in a quote in an effort to change the meaning of the original post, and you tried to take credit for our initial exchange because you asked the first question, when in actuality it was
my
vote on
you
that provoked the exchange in the first place. Do you remember these statements being made in the thread? You flippantly dismissed them as "semantics" because you couldn't directly refute them, but the fact remains that you lied twice, and you have no defense. And now you're lying about me not proving where you lied. :roll:
magnus_orion wrote:Also, I'll note that you refuse to post analysis on other players. Why don't you? Your excuse is ridiculous, posting a case on me does not interfere with you commenting on other players. Unless, of course, you're scum afraid of alienating players from your wagon against me, in which case, you'd have a perfectly legitimate reason for not posting on other players as a result of making a case on me.
I haven't done a full analysis of the other players, you're right, and that's something I've been trying to work up. Unfortunately, I keep getting distracted by you. Perhaps I should just start ignoring you, since you seem to be ignoring what I actually say in the thread (I assume because it doesn't fit into your neat little pigeon-hole preconceptions).
magnus_orion wrote:As for a case against you, you did something, which I already explained, and as a result, I think you're scum. And I'm going to continue to think you are scum until you do something that makes me change my mind.
If you're going to force me to repeat my case again and again in the thread as to why you're a liar, you could at least have the common courtesy to return the favor by clearly and concisely presenting your case against me again. Or would that interfere with your "HoS"-ing of the rest of the players in the game?

I will attempt to post an in-depth analysis of every other player in the game within the next 24 hours, if for no other reason than I'm sick of listening to magnus babble.
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

Dourgrim wrote:
magnus_orion wrote:What do you mean haven't refuted to your satisfaction? I asked you to present the facts, and post my posts where I "lied" and show where you say I lied through emphasis, and then show how it conflicts with the facts. You never proceeded to do this. If what you claim about me is true, then you should be able to. So why don't you?
I have pointed out on more than one occasion where you've lied. To sum up: you omitted emphasis in a quote in an effort to change the meaning of the original post, and you tried to take credit for our initial exchange because you asked the first question, when in actuality it was
my
vote on
you
that provoked the exchange in the first place. Do you remember these statements being made in the thread? You flippantly dismissed them as "semantics" because you couldn't directly refute them, but the fact remains that you lied twice, and you have no defense. And now you're lying about me not proving where you lied. :roll:
magnus_orion wrote:Also, I'll note that you refuse to post analysis on other players. Why don't you? Your excuse is ridiculous, posting a case on me does not interfere with you commenting on other players. Unless, of course, you're scum afraid of alienating players from your wagon against me, in which case, you'd have a perfectly legitimate reason for not posting on other players as a result of making a case on me.
I haven't done a full analysis of the other players, you're right, and that's something I've been trying to work up. Unfortunately, I keep getting distracted by you. Perhaps I should just start ignoring you, since you seem to be ignoring what I actually say in the thread (I assume because it doesn't fit into your neat little pigeon-hole preconceptions).
magnus_orion wrote:As for a case against you, you did something, which I already explained, and as a result, I think you're scum. And I'm going to continue to think you are scum until you do something that makes me change my mind.
If you're going to force me to repeat my case again and again in the thread as to why you're a liar, you could at least have the common courtesy to return the favor by clearly and concisely presenting your case against me again. Or would that interfere with your "HoS"-ing of the rest of the players in the game?

I will attempt to post an in-depth analysis of every other player in the game within the next 24 hours, if for no other reason than I'm sick of listening to magnus babble.
I dismissed them as semantics because you couldn't directly support that your interpretation of my post was correct. (Because its not. Otherwise, since you are "sick of me babbling" about it, you would have gone back, picked out the post where I say something along the lines of, "I started this conversation." as opposed to the actual post where I say something along the lines of "I engaged you in the conversation." The problem being, I can engage in a conversation without starting one.) The "lies" that you use for your case are nothing more than what I'm trying to say conflicting with what your interpretation of what I said.

So, my defense is that your attack is founded upon false premise, namely, that what I was trying to say matches your interpretation of what I said. Hence, semantics, because it is just a matter of word choice.

So my "flippant dismissal" is backed up by explanation, which has not been discounted, since your only response has been, "no it isn't, I've already proven that not to be the case." So if you are right, then you sould be able to prove that this isn't the case.

And its about time, I look forward to hearing what you have to say about the other players.

My case against you is as follows:
dourgrim wrote:I'm still pretty happy with where my vote is, especially considering Walnut's observation above.
I consider this a scumtell. Scum like to lean back, and say, "oh this person said this. I agree, thus, my vote on this other person is legitimized" They want to be able to vote for people they consider to be mislynchs, and then make sure their vote on the person is valid from a town perspective.

And then I suspect that your tunneling on me is an attempt to avoid making definite statements that you'd have to change on later dates to get your mislynches. (Which is why I look forward to your points on other players)

That's the gist of it.

Now this is the whole convincing people thing that I can't do... Obviously this case (if you really even want to call it that) is based on personal bias about things I consider scumtells, which don't meet the norms of what most people consider scumtells.

Since I'm not appealing to normal scumtells, there is less chance that my arguement will do anything other than provoke reaction from the other person, which is fine, because I'm not out to trick everyone into listening to me anyway, since that's what scum do. On the contrary, I prefer them to reach their own conclusions. Which isn't to say they aren't allowed to agree with other people, since that is ridiculous, but more along the lines of people shouldn't solely try and support their arguements through another person's interpretation.
Show
Win-Loss
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

Dour/Magnus: Honestly, the italics thing is not a big deal. Let's...move on to something else. yay? Yay.

Now then, Isacc posted: bland.

Dour: That would be nice.

Other people: Noticeably absent.

Mod: Prod PhilyEc
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:06 am

Post by Walnut »

magnus_orion wrote: Yes, newbie play does not look like scumminess, what made you think it would?
I don't actually know where to start here. It is like arguing with someone who is claiming that the Earth is flat. I see any further discussion of this as a distraction to the thread, but if enough people other than magnus see value in taking it further, please let me know.

I can see now why BB said that people would ignore magnus, so my suspicions of him for that comment have gone down.
Reading your signature makes me feel guilty and helpless.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:12 am

Post by caf19 »

magnus_orion wrote:No, I just can't post on philly because he hasn't posted. There's nothing new to comment on.
Well, yes, he hasn't posted which is why I haven't really mentioned him recently. You, however, started vocally having doubts about whether he was the right lynch, which is why I brought up the point.
magnus_orion wrote:Even more confident that philly is scum than dourgrim.
K, well as long as you're still willing to confirm this then it's alright.
magnus_orion wrote:I dismissed them as semantics because you couldn't directly support that your interpretation of my post was correct. (Because its not. Otherwise, since you are "sick of me babbling" about it, you would have gone back, picked out the post where I say something along the lines of, "I started this conversation." as opposed to the actual post where I say something along the lines of "I engaged you in the conversation." The problem being, I can engage in a conversation without starting one.)
I just went back and found the quotation in question, it goes as follows:
magnus_orion wrote:This conversation acts as investigation into how I play only because
I
engaged
you
. That was a concious decision on my part. In other words, I could have chosen to ignore you. If I had, you would not be gathering information about me now.
It doesn't imply that you started the conversation, as you are being accused of, per se. It does, however, give off the strange vibe that Dourgrim somehow 'owes you one' for responding to his vote and not just ignoring it - when, in fact, responding to it is standard and expected of you. Had you ignored him you surely would have been pulled up on that in-thread and further suspected. So you can't really characterise responding to Dourgrim as a pro-active, town play on your part.

There are many strange things about your play, I really can't fathom you...
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:24 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Caf seems like aggressive scum. Caf wagon is a go!
Unvote vote caf
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:05 am

Post by magnus_orion »

caf19 wrote:
magnus_orion wrote:No, I just can't post on philly because he hasn't posted. There's nothing new to comment on.
Well, yes, he hasn't posted which is why I haven't really mentioned him recently. You, however, started vocally having doubts about whether he was the right lynch, which is why I brought up the point.
magnus_orion wrote:Even more confident that philly is scum than dourgrim.
K, well as long as you're still willing to confirm this then it's alright.
magnus_orion wrote:I dismissed them as semantics because you couldn't directly support that your interpretation of my post was correct. (Because its not. Otherwise, since you are "sick of me babbling" about it, you would have gone back, picked out the post where I say something along the lines of, "I started this conversation." as opposed to the actual post where I say something along the lines of "I engaged you in the conversation." The problem being, I can engage in a conversation without starting one.)
I just went back and found the quotation in question, it goes as follows:
magnus_orion wrote:This conversation acts as investigation into how I play only because
I
engaged
you
. That was a concious decision on my part. In other words, I could have chosen to ignore you. If I had, you would not be gathering information about me now.
It doesn't imply that you started the conversation, as you are being accused of, per se. It does, however, give off the strange vibe that Dourgrim somehow 'owes you one' for responding to his vote and not just ignoring it - when, in fact, responding to it is standard and expected of you. Had you ignored him you surely would have been pulled up on that in-thread and further suspected. So you can't really characterise responding to Dourgrim as a pro-active, town play on your part.

There are many strange things about your play, I really can't fathom you...
This is point I've been trying to make. I never lied.

Actually, I have a tendency to ignore suspicions on me part, but if people appear to be tunnelling, then I engage them, or if I get scum vibes from them.
caf19 wrote:There are many strange things about your play, I really can't fathom you...
:D I might sig that...

@Mafiassk: how so?
Show
Win-Loss
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:09 am

Post by Riceballtail »

MafiaSSK wrote:Caf seems like aggressive scum. Caf wagon is a go!
Unvote vote caf
Now this game gets interesting. Excellent.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Nocmen »

magnus_orion wrote: @nocmen: You ever play a game with RBT? Also, in regard to your points on RBT, what about Mafiassk?
I have no played with him before. Mafia's post seem a bit different from his normal style, but I don't know, I'm not certain if I'm thinking of him as the same person I've played with a while back.
Dourgrim wrote:First of all, I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend.

I'm still pretty happy with where my vote is, especially considering Walnut's observation above.
So you're using others reasoning as a means for your votes?
Riceballtail wrote:That was an attack? Didn't look like one to me.
Yea...I think a vote and calling you scummy is an attack.
Dourgrim wrote:
magnus_orion wrote:@Dourgrim: Hey, scum, do you have anything to say about players who are not me? Afraid of boxing yourself into a corner from your comments earlier on?
HOS: Dourgrim
Spin-doctor much? I haven't provided much analysis on the other players, I agree, but that's because I think I've presented a pretty good case on you that you still haven't refuted to my satisfaction.
You're a liar
... why should you (or your BS accusations) be trusted?
magnus_orion wrote:Your last post is my favorite scumtell. You're happy with your vote because it is against town, and you feel its been legetimized by someone else's comment. I am reasonably confident you're scum now.
No, I'm happy with my vote because you're not making any sense, and because another player besides me has successfully pointed out a flaw in your "case" that you didn't really refute well. You've gone around and FoS'd almost everyone in this game at this point, and you haven't built much of a case against anyone as far as I can tell, let alone me. Besides, if you're so sure I'm scum, why aren't you voting for me? :roll: Get over yourself.
Beyond_Birthday wrote:Dour: Your play is still radically different. Granted, maybe you need someone like GIEFF to argue with, but I think your being exceedingly passive this game. Reason?
Have you not noticed magnus up there? I was arguing with him, posting quite a bit, and the reaction of the Town was pretty much the same: ignoring us. Why continue to blather on about magnus and his ridiculous "playstyle" if no one's interested? It didn't help last game, did it? You were convinced then that I was scum, so I'm trying to keep the thread noise down in this game to reduce the distractions to the Town. I guess in that way I am playing differently than last game... but also remember, in that last game I said that my work schedule has picked up considerably, and I have less time overall for posting. I'm keeping up with the game, I'm not lurking, I just am not posting walls of text anymore.
Honestly, itseems like you have a personal issue with Magus' playstyle. He seems like hes making reasonable discussion, and is definitely pushing towards it more than you have been. You yell at us for ignoring you, when you ignore everyone else?
Dourgrim wrote:
Good, I want to see this.
Unvote vote caf
How is he more aggressive than others?
Riceballtail wrote:
Unvote vote caf
Now this game gets interesting. Excellent.
You plan on posting anything relevant soon?
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

observation: Walnut wants us to stop talking about his defense of phillyec...

Further Observation: Dourgrim is at 26 hours... and counting....
(actually I expected defense for his arguement, followed by a defelection onto some other thing about me, but now that I posted this, he will become angry, and hopefully actually do it)

Further Further Observation: Phillyec STILL hasn't posted.

*Taps foot impatiently while waiting for suspects to post*
Show
Win-Loss
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

magnus_orion wrote:As for thinking about philly might be a mislynch, its because both trumpet and BB suggested a meta... but Trumpet has changed his mind.
Not really, no. Or at least, that wasn't really the impression I meant to convey. What I meant to say was that while I'm not sure he's doing exactly the same things he did, the overall quality of his play is about the same. Nothing's obviously different. (Other than the lurking, but I'm guilty of that too, and my physics project won't help.)
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:40 pm

Walnut wrote:
magnus_orion wrote: Yes, newbie play does not look like scumminess, what made you think it would?
I don't actually know where to start here. It is like arguing with someone who is claiming that the Earth is flat. I see any further discussion of this as a distraction to the thread, but if enough people other than magnus see value in taking it further, please let me know.

I can see now why BB said that people would ignore magnus, so my suspicions of him for that comment have gone down.
*Nods* Although, I faintly see strain on Magnus... scum, perhaps? I dunno. *yawns* Just trying to read deeper than I have at this point because little has happened since my last post that I find important enough to comment on.

RBT: The game=interesting, thus ???
Show
6-4-1
PhilyEc
PhilyEc
Mafia Scum
PhilyEc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:35 pm

Post by PhilyEc »

Magnus_Orion wrote:Further Further Observation: Phillyec STILL hasn't posted.
Very sorry everyone, this is something I hate people doing and for once I've done! Im re-reading the posts as we speak and going to take a stab a whose scum because I honestly cant remember whats happened in this game.
kortskorts (14:18:48): haylen wants more porno-related questions
SimplyAwesome64 (14:19:11): :O no it dont!
jdodge1019 (14:20:06): then why do you keep using the blowjob emoticon
SimplyAwesome64 (14:20:19): >.>
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:33 am

Post by Dourgrim »

Nocmen wrote:

I'm still pretty happy with where my vote is, especially considering Walnut's observation above.
No, I used my own reasoning (which has already been discussed ad nauseam) as a means for my vote. Walnut's observation just cemented the validity of my case in my mind.
Nocmen wrote:
Dourgrim wrote:
Honestly, itseems like you have a personal issue with Magus' playstyle. He seems like hes making reasonable discussion, and is definitely pushing towards it more than you have been.
I do have a serious issue with magnus' playstyle because I think it's scummy, or at least non-helpful. Whether everyone wants to agree with me or not, or whether you believe they're important or not, he made false and/or misleading statements in the thread, I caught him, he denied it, I caught him again, and then he played the "semantics" and "interpretation" cards. Supposedly my "interpretation" of what he did isn't valid, but somehow this is:
magnus_orion wrote:My case against you is as follows:
dourgrim wrote:I'm still pretty happy with where my vote is, especially considering Walnut's observation above.
I consider this a scumtell. Scum like to lean back, and say, "oh this person said this. I agree, thus, my vote on this other person is legitimized" They want to be able to vote for people they consider to be mislynchs, and then make sure their vote on the person is valid from a town perspective.

And then I suspect that your tunneling on me is an attempt to avoid making definite statements that you'd have to change on later dates to get your mislynches. (Which is why I look forward to your points on other players)
Twice in the above, he's interpreting what I said into what he believes it to mean, but this is given false legitimacy by the use of the word "scumtell" (which is in and of itself crap, might I add). How is this different than my interpretation of his falsehoods?
Nocmen wrote: You yell at us for ignoring you, when you ignore everyone else?
I wasn't yelling at anyone for ignoring me, where did you get that from? I was pointing out to B_B that his statement that I need someone like GIEFF to argue with is ironic, considering I was having a very similar argument with magnus when he said it.
Nocmen wrote:
Dourgrim wrote:
I'm doing the writing on this in Word when I have free time at my day job (it's LONG), but those moments are few and far between. I apologize for the delay, but as I've said before in this game and others, my free time has become quite limited at work, and so putting together long posts with that level of analysis can be quite challenging for me. I'm not ignoring you, I'm not refusing to do it, I'm just struggling for the time to do it. Bear with me.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:51 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Dourgrim wrote:
Nocmen wrote:

No, I used my own reasoning (which has already been discussed ad nauseam) as a means for my vote. Walnut's observation just cemented the validity of my case in my mind.
Nocmen wrote:
Dourgrim wrote:
Honestly, itseems like you have a personal issue with Magus' playstyle. He seems like hes making reasonable discussion, and is definitely pushing towards it more than you have been.
I do have a serious issue with magnus' playstyle because I think it's scummy, or at least non-helpful. Whether everyone wants to agree with me or not, or whether you believe they're important or not, he made false and/or misleading statements in the thread, I caught him, he denied it, I caught him again, and then he played the "semantics" and "interpretation" cards. Supposedly my "interpretation" of what he did isn't valid, but somehow this is:
magnus_orion wrote:My case against you is as follows:

Twice in the above, he's interpreting what I said into what he believes it to mean, but this is given false legitimacy by the use of the word "scumtell" (which is in and of itself crap, might I add). How is this different than my interpretation of his falsehoods?
Nocmen wrote: You yell at us for ignoring you, when you ignore everyone else?
I wasn't yelling at anyone for ignoring me, where did you get that from? I was pointing out to B_B that his statement that I need someone like GIEFF to argue with is ironic, considering I was having a very similar argument with magnus when he said it.
Nocmen wrote:
Dourgrim wrote:
I'm doing the writing on this in Word when I have free time at my day job (it's LONG), but those moments are few and far between. I apologize for the delay, but as I've said before in this game and others, my free time has become quite limited at work, and so putting together long posts with that level of analysis can be quite challenging for me. I'm not ignoring you, I'm not refusing to do it, I'm just struggling for the time to do it. Bear with me.
so... I'm still a liar, even though the "lies" you've been claiming have been proven to be nonexistant?
Now the lies are just implied?
:roll:
That's a dramatic shift in your position up until now.
How about you claiming that I commited falsehoods is a lie, made in your overzelous attempt to get me lynched via policy? So if anyone is a misrepping liar here, its you. Not me, who simply neglected to put tags in a quote, but you, who went so far as to display that as a form of lie.
Show
Win-Loss
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:41 am

Post by Dourgrim »

They haven't been proven to be nonexistant, you just denied intent. There's a difference. (And you're ignoring the point about my vote beginning the exchange between us. That's the second of my points as to why I believe you lied.) Like I said, it doesn't matter whether everyone else believes these points to be noteworthy or not. What I
didn't
say before (because I would've thought it was obvious, but apprarently it's not) is, it's whether they believe that
I believe
them to be voteworthy that matters.

Furthermore, at no point in the above quote do I use the word "implied" (or imply such, ironically enough). I haven't shifted my points at all, dramatically or otherwise. I believe you're a liar, and I believe you intentionally misrepresent things to back up what is ultimately a weak case on me.

And, as if all that wasn't enough,
I'm
still
not trying to get you lynched
, via policy or anything else. I'm defending myself from your crap argument as to why my vote is scummy by explaining (over and over again) why I believe my reasons for voting you are valid. Again I ask: why are your interpretations of my posts valid, but my interpretations of yours not? You have no more "proof" of intent than I do (you're using phrases like "I consider this" and "I suspect that" in your arguments, hardly empirical proof), except that you're overly fond of the catchphrase "scumtell" as a way of legitimizing your vote, whereas I just called you a liar.

Now leave me the hell alone for a bit so I can provide your precious analysis of the other players. You keep forcing me to point out your misreps and other BS in your posts (because I'm not going to sit back and let you get away with them) instead of writing my super-long post, and it's starting to genuinely piss me off. Go away, go yip at someone else's heels for a bit, OK?
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:22 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Ah. Sorry, I was under the impression you had accepted that I didn't lie outright. Though I still don't see how you can't. I do believe we have a deadline to meet... though I'm not sure on ts status.

@Nocmen: do you think dourgrim is scum?
Show
Win-Loss
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:28 am

Post by caf19 »

magnus_orion wrote:I do believe we have a deadline to meet... though I'm not sure on ts status.
Deadline is the 24th, so about 8 days away.

SSK, I can't address your case if you only post 1 line... please explain why I'm aggressive scum.
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Nocmen »

magnus_orion wrote:Ah. Sorry, I was under the impression you had accepted that I didn't lie outright. Though I still don't see how you can't. I do believe we have a deadline to meet... though I'm not sure on ts status.

@Nocmen: do you think dourgrim is scum?
I don't know. My gut first said he was overreacting, but now I'm not certain about that...
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:28 pm

Unvote

Something rubs me the wrong way in the Magnus versus Dour play. I feel Magnus could be scum for some vague reason that I'm unaware of. Maybe Saturday I will do an isolation reread to see if I can derive any proof or if this feeling is misguided.

Dour seems, more or less, on the ball. Very reactive to Magnus post, just not the exact same way he was with Gieff...then again, I dunno of anyone like Gieff. Point aside: Noc's play still rubs me the wrong the way.
Isacc still hasn't made quite the splash I'd expect yet...
Show
6-4-1

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”