Mini 765 - Welcome to Hambargarville GAME OVER!!

Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Hero764 »

And you're taking me seriously?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
I really don't like this post.
Show
[b]RECORD:[/b]

[u]Wins[/u]: 1

[u]Losses[/u]: 0
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by Idiotking »

I don't see why not.

Wall-E's actually trying to make something of my sarcasm. He's thinking I'm being SERIOUS when I say that's why I'm voting for him. I find that amusing. You don't honestly think I'd vote for you over semantics, do you, Wall-E?
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by Hero764 »

Either you suck at making your sarcasm detectable, or this is one hell of a weird defense.

I'll accept your explanation though.
Show

Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by Idiotking »

I thought the :roll: was sufficient... :(
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:05 pm

Post by Wall-E »

I gave all my reasons for voting you already Horo. I realize you are new to the terminology and playstyles of mafiascum, so I'll explain them.

A confession, even a joking one, is a scumtell. It's called a scumtell because players who are new to the game, because of the psychology of the game, tend to exhibit them.

Bussing is when you throw your partner under the bus to garner some positive reputation with the town.

The slip is your weakest tell, but it tipped me into the camp of thinking you were IK's partner combined with your bussing. You slipped and wrote, "I am scum." or words that made no sense but can be construed as such.

I'm not going to push this, because I don't want to make you angry with me on a personal level. Just know that it happens to a lot of newbies and there will be other games for you to perfect your scumplays in.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by Hero764 »

If you had put the rolling eyes thing in the second line it would've been, but you put it like his post was being dumb(at least the way I saw it).

Nevermind though, I don't want to focus on an issue this small.
Show

Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Idiotking wrote:I don't see why not.

Wall-E's actually trying to make something of my sarcasm. He's thinking I'm being SERIOUS when I say that's why I'm voting for him. I find that amusing. You don't honestly think I'd vote for you over semantics, do you, Wall-E?
I only joke around when I'm not being attacked. Joking when someone else is trying to be serious is a deflective and unhelpful reaction. I'm hoping that the IC players in this game will back me up on this, but I have to accept the possibility that nobody agrees with me on this point, and so I'm not going to flood the thread with screaming and wailing. You don't want to play ball, that's your call to make.

At least you're having fun, right?
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Oh look, Wall-E sits up on his high horse of mafia skill :roll: :roll: :roll:

See what I did there? Sarcasm.

Wall-E, honestly? You have an even worse case against Hero than you do against me. Come on, show some effort at the very least. You rarely if ever post anything of real substance.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by Idiotking »

I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT YOU WERE BEING SERIOUS ABOUT THE MEANING OF A COMMONLY USED PHRASE, NOT EVEN A MAFIA-RELATED ONE, AND ARE TRYING TO CALL ME OUT ON IT.

Just sayin'.
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:20 pm

Post by yellowbunny »

I almost forgot about this...
Yellowbunny wrote:@Hero:

Quote:
Wall-E (rp. Kieraen) - Alright, I really don't like how he's been playing. He asserts that he's definetly town. But his posting style is very arrogant at times, and he's got this "are you fucking retarded? of course I'm not mafia" tone to his posts. It's like he's trying to act as scummy as possible so that everyone will assume there's no way he's scum because he would be acting too obvious(even though his plan doesn't look to be working so well.) I also don't like how he thinks he can just ignore posts and get away with it because "I'm obviously not scum, stop wasting your time discussing me".

So you are asserting that Wall-e is playing the "too scummy to be scum?" card? That's a well known logical fallacy. It seems unlikely to me to have scum pretending to be hardcore scummy so people will assume he's town.
Hero...what are your thoughts on this?

Also...please see my post 217 (and the posts around there). I outline why I thought that the case against Qwints was similar to the case against Cubarey. However, your vote is on Cub and you state the following:
qwints - Well, first I'll have to unvote my RV on him, its been long enough since the RVS lol. Anyways, he hasn't really posted much, but I like what I've seen of him from what he has posted. I couldn't find any flaws in his reasoning.
What specifically do you like about his posts? And can you please explain why you find him not at all scummy, but Cubarey scummy? Is it just because Cub is AWOL or do you have further evidence?
"Someone is playing with my mind, with my little gray cells. " - Hercule Poirot
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by Sajin »

Idiotking wrote:Oh look, Wall-E sits up on his high horse of mafia skill :roll: :roll: :roll:

See what I did there? Sarcasm.

Wall-E, honestly? You have an even worse case against Hero than you do against me. Come on, show some effort at the very least. You rarely if ever post anything of real substance.
Your last 5 posts were so incredibly substantial that you broke the game of mafia!

/end sarcastic rant

@general audience:
Can we get some more arguments as to why we should or should not vote someone?
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Your post was so incredibly substantial that you broke the... wait, you already used that one, didn't you? Hmph.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:33 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Hm. Punching.

@Wall-E,

You completely ignored my post 331.
I asked some questions in the end.
Ojanen wrote: Putting the strings together:
Major question: why did you unvote when you "noted a connection"?
You did not remember why you voted, but did remember why you unvoted?
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:53 pm

Post by Ojanen »

From P273
Wall-E wrote:
Ojanen wrote:I need to go and look at the context of the reaction/analyze contradiction to see if I really find it to be a contradiction.
I await this placeholder post's fulfillment.
Your wait shall not be fruitless. I didn't find a contradiction. X implied that he looks for reactions and then analyzes those reactions.
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:00 am

Post by Kreriov »

Hell yeah! THATS the kind of participation I am talking about! I check the thread at 4pm last night, and this morning at 8am there are over 3 more pages of posts. I love it!

Of course that makes for alot of reading and I appologize if I miss something specific. I am going to comment on a few things I noticed.

First is this one. I think it is priceless.
Idiotking wrote: Defending yourself is good. Being defensive is bad. It looks a little scummy.
This is IK to Hero. I think it is wonderful because if anyone should realize this, its IK. He rightfully caught flak for his initial very defensive reaction to Xs scatter shot posting when it hit him. He is still very defensive, but at least he is defending himself and not being as defensive in his post. @IK - one observation though. No one is voting for you, so you really have no need to defend yourself SO much!

@YB - Ok, so it does seem a bit OMAGUS in how you have switched to Hero so suddenly. You have a good case against Wall-E and suddenly switch to Hero once he mentions he is getting scummy vibes from you. I say only a bit OMAGUS because you have given concrete reasons for your vote. I would ask you to think about your reasoning and consider if you are finding reasons or thinking there is more substance in your reasons because Hero said you seemed a bit scummy.

I obviously think there is a good case against Cubarey. You seem to ignore that there is indeed a good case there and instead make an immediate jump to Hero teaming up with Jase as the reason for his vote. (Why not me is one obvious question.) I do not see the connection other than that Hero liked the case against Cubarey better then Wall-E. Not sure that makes Hero anyone's partner.

Some of this applies to IK as well. IK, it seems you REALLY want to lynch Wall-E and therefor attack Hero I guess with the intent to get him to switch to Wall-E? I find Wall-E suspicious for many reasons, but is there any reason to lynch him right now? We do not have a deadline, we have people who are still lurking, and we have another viable suspect with concrete scummy actions, not just poor posting or suspicious activity. I will unvote and will not support a lynch of Cubarey without him or a replacement getting an opportunity to post. Is it not prudent to wait for this before lynching Wall-E as well, no matter how scummy you find him?

it is never fun to put a game into a holding pattern waiting for one person. However, among other things, Cubarey clearly tried to fabricate a case against X and got caught. IK talks about looking for slip ups, that is certainly a biggie. Bigger than Wall-E's premature claiming or his continued spastic posting. We really need Cubarey or a replacement to post!
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:33 am

Post by Wall-E »

Ojanen wrote:Hm. Punching.

@Wall-E,

You completely ignored my post 331.
I asked some questions in the end.
Ojanen wrote: Putting the strings together:
Major question: why did you unvote when you "noted a connection"?
You did not remember why you voted, but did remember why you unvoted?
1 Because I wasn't cognizant of the implications of said connection yet.
2 I remembered why I voted later. I also remembered why I unvoted twice later.

Is any of this relevant to the points I've made?
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:37 am

Post by Wall-E »

Idiotking wrote:I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT YOU WERE BEING SERIOUS ABOUT THE MEANING OF A COMMONLY USED PHRASE, NOT EVEN A MAFIA-RELATED ONE, AND ARE TRYING TO CALL ME OUT ON IT.

Just sayin'.
Being semantical is a scumtell. That was my point.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:39 am

Post by Wall-E »

Idiotking wrote:And ever blathering, ever redundant, the broken record goes on.......

WHY HASN'T ANYTHING RELEVANT HAPPENED SINCE PAGE 4, WALL-E?!?!??
Strawman. I have never made this assertion.
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:45 am

Post by yellowbunny »

Krev wrote: @YB - Ok, so it does seem a bit OMAGUS in how you have switched to Hero so suddenly. You have a good case against Wall-E and suddenly switch to Hero once he mentions he is getting scummy vibes from you. I say only a bit OMAGUS because you have given concrete reasons for your vote. I would ask you to think about your reasoning and consider if you are finding reasons or thinking there is more substance in your reasons because Hero said you seemed a bit scummy.
Well, a large part of the switch was because I wanted to provoke a reaction out of Hero. Let me be clear: I DO find Hero suspicious. But I felt very comfortable with Noob, and Hero's post struck me badly, and the game was lagging, so I felt the need to drama-llama a bit to get a.) get things moving and b.) put Hero under pressure to see how much he would squirm.

So let me be clear: I DO still find Wall-e scummy. More or less scummy than Hero? I know in my first post I said I found Hero more scummy, but that was to help apply pressure. TBH, I'm not sure at this point which one of them I like more for scum.

And I know my case against Wall-e is good. But there is more than one scum in the game...so a little more hunting never hurt the town. ^^
I obviously think there is a good case against Cubarey. You seem to ignore that there is indeed a good case there and instead make an immediate jump to Hero teaming up with Jase as the reason for his vote. (Why not me is one obvious question.) I do not see the connection other than that Hero liked the case against Cubarey better then Wall-E. Not sure that makes Hero anyone's partner.
So why should I think you are Hero's partner? ^^ And regarding the Cubarey vs Wall-e...well...Hero VOTED for Cubarey. I think that sends a message about which case he takes more seriously.
Some of this applies to IK as well. IK, it seems you REALLY want to lynch Wall-E and therefor attack Hero I guess with the intent to get him to switch to Wall-E? I find Wall-E suspicious for many reasons, but is there any reason to lynch him right now? We do not have a deadline, we have people who are still lurking, and we have another viable suspect with concrete scummy actions, not just poor posting or suspicious activity. I will unvote and will not support a lynch of Cubarey without him or a replacement getting an opportunity to post. Is it not prudent to wait for this before lynching Wall-E as well, no matter how scummy you find him?
I had too much of a migrane yesterday to be THAT cagey. Wall-e and Hero are my top suspects right now, followed by IK, followed by the lurkers. We aren't close to a lynch on either of them. If we had a deadline, I would support either a Wall-e or a Hero lynch...but for now, I'm content to keep watching those two.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:47 am

Post by Wall-E »

Idiotking wrote:Your post was so incredibly substantial that you broke the... wait, you already used that one, didn't you? Hmph.
IdiotKing is visibly flipping out.
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:34 am

Post by Kreriov »

Sorry YB, that last part was directed at IK, not you. Basically I think IK is really after Wall-E. I do not mind that except for something you said.
yellowbunny wrote: And I know my case against Wall-e is good. But there is more than one scum in the game...so a little more hunting never hurt the town.
QFT. That summarizes what I was trying to get at with IK. IK almost seems to be attacking Hero because he wants Hero to vote for Wall-E and not Cubarey.

Oh, and I do not think you should think I am Hero's partner :)

I just wondered about how you were connecting Hero and Jase so I could better understand your case/reasoning. I only really saw the same vote connection. As I reread your posts, would it be fair to say that you see Hero mirroring Jase in way that looks like he is following a scumbuddy's reasoning?
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:48 am

Post by Wall-E »

Reading through the thread and assuming YB and IK are partners makes some of the things YB has done make a lot more sense. He starts with some distancing, downgrades his vote to an FOS, throws some suspicion my way and parrots someone else on why he feels that way, then goes on to slowly work himself into a lather over some point I missed or question I failed to answer.

YB: What questions/points would you like me to address, since I now think you're tunneling and therefore scum? Or are you uninterested in giving an innocent a chance to defend themselves from your probably-not-going-to-be-removed vote?
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:50 am

Post by Wall-E »

Hero764 wrote:Either you suck at making your sarcasm detectable, or this is one hell of a weird defense.

I'll accept your explanation though.
How dismissive! Normally when someone does something weird I pressure them about it to learn more. Why so accepting?
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:02 am

Post by yellowbunny »

Kreriov wrote: I just wondered about how you were connecting Hero and Jase so I could better understand your case/reasoning. I only really saw the same vote connection. As I reread your posts, would it be fair to say that you see Hero mirroring Jase in way that looks like he is following a scumbuddy's reasoning?
And now, we will join our "straight out of left-field correspondent" Wall-e...
Wall-e wrote: Reading through the thread and assuming YB and IK are partners makes some of the things YB has done make a lot more sense.
Like what?
He starts with some distancing, downgrades his vote to an FOS, throws some suspicion my way and parrots someone else on why he feels that way, then goes on to slowly work himself into a lather over some point I missed or question I failed to answer.
Which one of IK's votes are you talking about? Who was he parroting? I don't follow. Please clarify.
YB: What questions/points would you like me to address, since I now think you're tunneling and therefore scum? Or are you uninterested in giving an innocent a chance to defend themselves from your probably-not-going-to-be-removed vote?
Who am I supposed to be tunneling? You or Hero? And why do you say my vote probably isn't going to be removed from Hero? Do you think I should switch it back to my other top suspect (you)?

And you didn't post any objections to my going after Hero until AFTER my most recent post where I said under a deadline, I'd support a lynch of you, and that I thought my case against you was still valid. Unhappy about that?
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:03 am

Post by yellowbunny »

Whoops...forgot to responded to the Kreriov quote I posted.

Yes, Kre, you understand it correctly.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”