mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:14 am

Post by mykonian »

AceMarksman wrote:wall-e, why did you choose a PBPA of mikek of all people? He isn't under the gun at all. I would actually have to agree with zwet (gasp) that doing a PBPA on someone who isn't a big suspect at the moment is active lurking. I suggest doing one on our biggest suspect (archon), or are you afraid do analyze your scumbuddy?
since when can't you post against anyone you like, as long as your case makes sense?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:20 am

Post by AceMarksman »

Because it's not constructive at all. Let's take an example just for fun. Say we're all working on a railroad, ok? Well, there's a problem, one of our pneumatic hammers isn't working. Oh, shit. What we all should be doing is drafting ways to fix our hammer. So, now that we're all working on fixing our hammer, wall-e comes in with a plan for un-cloging the company toilet! Yes, it may be productive in another setting, but our toilet isn't clogged at the moment, so his post would have been better used working on the hammer. You see the problem here?
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

My record: W/L/T/A
Overall:5/2/0/1
Town:5/2/0/1
Scum:0/0/0/0
3rd Party:0/0/0/0
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:41 am

Post by mykonian »

but we don't know if the toilet needs to be uncloged, or if the pneumatic hammer is broken.

Wall-e only needs to show us why we should get our attention to that, and that is something he has failed to.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:43 am

Post by Wall-E »

mykonian wrote:Wall-e, what are you doing here?

You do two things: you say massclaim is bad, and he is advocating it

you say it is bad to look for unnatural links.

This is the way this game has to be played: first, you try to find links, or make them unlikely, after that, by massclaim, you can see who lied about there lovers, who reacted weird on their lovers etc. Mike has read a previous game, scumhunts in a way that is required for this game, and all you can say is: "massclaim is always bad", and "he is looking at connections"

why is massclaim always bad?
because with the nightkill, mafia can abuse it: there is no nightkill, so a massclaim benefits town because it gives us information, and that same information can't be abused by mafia. The fact that you step over this because "massclaim is always bad" is rubbish.

and connections, seriously, you want to be looking for them. IT IS A LOVER GAME! What do you want to be looking for, if the only thing that differentiates scum from town is that they have two more links? No town wants his lover to die, something that is the way you look for scum in a normal game. Here you need to look as mike does, and you call him scummy for it.

Wall-e, please stop this insanity. You were better in the start of the game.
Please tell me: What will be the benefits of a massclaim?

I won't change a long-standing policy of not claiming without justification just because you ask me to tell you why I won't.

The bolded is you shifting the burden of proof to me.

It's not, "What's wrong with a massclaim?" it's "What are the benefits?" I see none. You seem to support one, so please enlighten me. Better yet, don't. You're giving the scum what they want. Let's just skip to lynching mikek for BEING scum and PUSHING this idea.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:47 am

Post by mykonian »

no, wall-e, you say it is scummy, then you should tell me why it is bad.

Lets tell you why it is good to massclaim. That way, if you got two people that are scummy, and they are lovers, you've got a bigger chance that you've got scum. If you find a pair with one protown, and one antitown player, you need to think about that. It is plain and simple information that is beneficial for town, because it increases the quality of the lynch.

Now tell me why your policy of no massclaim is so good, and why we should absolutely lynch Mike for it...
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:49 am

Post by Wall-E »

mykonian: A vote is just a bolded name. A block of text demonstrating an in-depth look into another player's alignment, rather a relevant subject considering Archon's plays and the attention surrounding them, is never a bad thing. Can anyone say how it would be? Honest question there. So the question is this: Which, in your mind, holds more weight about how I feel about Archon - a single, bolded name or a block of text outlining why he's town? If the answer is the vote, I'm hoping you'll accept my word that I was pressuring him. If not, you'll probably keep your vote on me and I'll just feel bad.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:51 am

Post by Wall-E »

mykonian wrote:no, wall-e, you say it is scummy, then you should tell me why it is bad.

Lets tell you why it is good to massclaim. That way, if you got two people that are scummy, and they are lovers, you've got a bigger chance that you've got scum. If you find a pair with one protown, and one antitown player, you need to think about that. It is plain and simple information that is beneficial for town, because it increases the quality of the lynch.

Now tell me why your policy of no massclaim is so good, and why we should absolutely lynch Mike for it...
Alright, point taken.

Claiming at all will give the scum a ton of information. It will give us zero, but lock the scum into their claims, which they undoubtedly have already set-up.

Your turn.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:53 am

Post by Wall-E »

good townies point their fingers as they see fit regardless of the rest of the town's opinion on said player (especially in a nightless, where 'who's town' is not taboo to discuss)
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by mykonian »

weak answer coming... I value them both. A vote is a clear action. A whole block of text might give an insight.

Wall-e, why would you pressurize someone you had defended just before? (to state it different, why would you put pressure on someone that you think more then average town?). It only makes that he could make a mistake, and that is not something you want town to do.

In any case, you are asking it in a personal way here, and you are actually make me feel bad about this, but after I saw how you could play in the start this can simply not be explained. a gambit like play often can explain scumplay, and I don't see how you, if you played reasonable, could think that that was ever going to give you something.

Brings me back to the question: what did you get out of it?

-------------------------

scum can't do a thing with that information, as they don't make any kills. and I already told you how it gives us information, because then we can search for two scummy players, in one lover team, something that will make our lynch more accurate.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by Wall-E »

What benefit would I gain as scum, though?

I got that Archon's town, 70% sure.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Do not vote for mikek if you disagree with me. I'm just one man, and I think I've found scum. Draw your own conclusions.

That should handle the, "Asking in a personal way," bit.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by Looker »

AceMarksman wrote:^This makes me think looker is scum, he needs to work out with his polygamist buddies who to claim with.
That's not the case. I'm considered rather dumb when it comes to playing mafia, mykonian can attest to that, so I want to make sure I thoroughly understand the pros and cons of claiming my lover before i allow someone to bully me into it.
mikek wrote:Instead of starting yet another tangential discussion you should slow down, stop flailing, and answer the questions being asked of you.

Why did you go from defending Archon to voting for him?
Why did you claim scum?
Why did you name Looker as a scumpartner?

Why did you unvote Archon?
Why did you vote for me?
I'm still waitin' on that one. Time has started to wear away my desire for the answer though...
mikek wrote:
Looker wrote:Lol, Wall-e, you're crazy. Why are you trying to distract everyone? Which one of either Tenchi or Archon is on your scumteam?
I'm starting to think this may be what he's doing. He's voted for both of them at one point, but his antics have really distracted from the whole Tenchi vs Archon business. Scum running interference?
Now you're talkin

But aside from that, everything he's been saying has been distracting since the Joke, distracting from Archon v. Tenchi. All I really want to know is what he thinks about that situation right now, that's all.

@ Wall-E: Do you think Archon is scum? Do you think Tenchi is scum? Do you think that anything has been blown out of proportion?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by Looker »

Wall-E wrote:What benefit would I gain as scum, though?

I got that Archon's town, 70% sure.
gaah my bad. was posting when you posted this. sorry
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by mykonian »

Did you want to get on to the archon weagon, without knowing good reasons to get on it, and used a joke instead?

Wall-e, he got 5 votes! Only two more, and that would have been a lynch. With bandwagon eager people (Jazzmyn), you could suddenly have caused a lynch, and of course people on the end would be to blame...
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by Wall-E »

mykonian wrote:
Did you want to get on to the archon weagon, without knowing good reasons to get on it, and used a joke instead?

Wall-e, he got 5 votes! Only two more, and that would have been a lynch. With bandwagon eager people (Jazzmyn), you could suddenly have caused a lynch, and of course people on the end would be to blame...
That's just insulting.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by Looker »

It is insulting. Therefore, I say you disregard what mykonian has said and simply vote archon like you want to. That's the only logical decision to be made in this situation. You must preserve your integrity, Wall-E.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by Wall-E »

heh

I meant it was insulting to the town.

And if we got a quicklynch on Archon before I had a chance to unvote, odds are good the hammerer would be scum.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by Looker »

Scum as in the same thing archon is? So you mean we get two for the price of one...?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by mykonian »

Wall-E wrote:heh

I meant it was insulting to the town.

And if we got a quicklynch on Archon before I had a chance to unvote, odds are good the hammerer would be scum.
... I wish it was that easy. But that was the reason I then thought you had for your "joke". because jokes inside a game are not that often to be seen, and esspecially not with a bandwagon vote.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by Looker »

Especially not with a
deserved
bandwagon vote...I'm just sayin...
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by mykonian »

you suddenly like wall-e again?

Looker, may I ask what time it is with you now?
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Looker wrote:Scum as in the same thing archon is? So you mean we get two for the price of one...?
Hey yeah! Suck that, myconian :P
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

since we all agree that archon is the least common multiple of the scumteam, can we lynch him already?
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by Wall-E »

The what in the what?
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

who do you think the four scum are, wall-e?
Show
Words to live by.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”