The Werewolves of Millers Hollow (Game Over)

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:34 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

I agree that millar's win con has probably already been met. Haschel could have been doing a mashup of the jester and VI role in this game.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:37 am

Post by millar13 »

Firestarter wrote:For all we know, M13, if he has a win condition, has probably been met.
In a post I made earlier, I found that one of the conditions is convincing town to lynch a village idiot...

In any case, alignment is unknown. So ignoring him may be the best idea.

Mufasa wrote:I'm not believing that one haha so reviewing day one the most likely person to lynch is Battle Mage for his contribution is so great that he needs to be lynched on the simple matter that he has a good con voyage.
Mufasa, you explained the typo, but you did not explain why BM should be lynched. Explain
FoS: Mufasa
Not trusting a town player, even after he is confirmed...SCUM!
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
dingoatemybaby
dingoatemybaby
Goon
dingoatemybaby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:42 am

Post by dingoatemybaby »

millar13 wrote:
Not trusting a town player, even after he is confirmed...SCUM!
What am I missing? When were you confirmed as town?
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:56 am

I would laugh if all of the guys were town, and all the scum were women.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:20 am

Post by millar13 »

Noticed I am the same colour as the other town players?
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Jahudo »

millar13 wrote:Noticed I am the same colour as the other town players?
You have a point there. In the OP both your role and Shadow Knight's role are listed in blue. Typically a third party is a different color.

I have no problem with millar continuing to play the game as if he has a vote.

---------
zwetschenwasser wrote:Yos blatantly rolefished last page, and noone noticed.
You said this on page 21 (Here is the Link) but when asked to clarify you didn’t and then came the hammer. Can you go back and explain where and how Yos rolefished?
Dr Pepper wrote:I dont want Battlemage as a major. Something just feels off to me right now. I cant put my finger on it. I just have a mild suspicion of him.
Do you have a better idea now of what feels off about BM?
Mufasa wrote:so reviewing day one the most likely person to lynch is Battle Mage for his contribution is so great that he needs to be lynched on the simple matter that he has a good
con voyage
conveying.
Fixed. This still needs an explanation…he has a good conveying of what? The game? Mufasa, you voted Battle Mage for mayor day 1 so I’ll ask again: Why do you want to lynch him today?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Jahudo wrote:
millar13 wrote:Noticed I am the same colour as the other town players?
You have a point there. In the OP both your role and Shadow Knight's role are listed in blue. Typically a third party is a different color.
Hmm. It is a good point, actually. Also, in the death scene:
Haschel Cedricson wrote: Wait! You recognize where you've seen millar13 before! Why, he's just the
Village Idiot
! Surely somebody so simple couldn't possibly be a werewolf!
So, yeah; we basically should consider millar a "tree-stumped" townie at this point, I think.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:46 pm

Flub. Inothernews,Ididexplainwhyyosrolefished.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by Mufasa »

In answer to why I believe Battle Mage, yes I did vote for him in the mayor votes; and I did realize that wasn't good shortly after. He has come and gone like waves with wind, when the wind picks up he comes and posts a wealth of content, and day 1 he was very over bearing and had a round presence about him. But I didn't find him to be the best thing since slice bread looking back on day 1 and am glad he isnt mayor. His posting with the rise and fall of plot isn't my favorite play, and I have found to be scumtell in various games.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Post by Percy »

millar13 620 wrote:Therefore, if I start playing properly I can be a huge asset.
Well that would be just
great

@zwet:
Percy 618 wrote:@zwet: were you seriously worried about millar sticking around until endgame?
I'll clarify, as millar clearly is going to stick around. What I meant was this: you said that you hammered to avoid having millar around 'until the end of time'. I'm asking: did you really think that that was a possibility? I don't think anyone was willing to let him live until endgame without killing him somehow, so to hammer based on that fear is odd.
zwetschenwasser 632 wrote:Flub. Inothernews,Ididexplainwhyyosrolefished.
Er, no you didn't. I can see that Yosarian was asking for a full claim from millar, but given the circumstances that's entirely understandable. I don't think you know what "rolefishing" is if you think Yosarian did it.
What Mufasa meant to write wrote:I'm not believing that one haha so reviewing day one the most likely person to lynch is Battle Mage for his contribution is so great that he needs to be lynched on the simple matter that he has a good
conveying
I don't see how this makes any more sense. Please clarify.
Mufasa 633 wrote:His posting with the rise and fall of plot isn't my favorite play, and I have found to be scumtell in various games.
Can you provide a link to any games in which you've used this scumtell successfully?

Also, you sat on your mayor vote for the whole first day. Why didn't you unvote BM for mayor?
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:36 am

Post by Mufasa »

There was no need to unvote my mayor vote seeing we had enough votes by the time i was in and participating actively, i cannot say what game because the game has not finished and I was mafia with my mafia partner being blatant in this move.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:45 am

Post by Percy »

You said that you realised that BM "wasn't good" shortly after you voted him mayor. However, two days after your vote you said:
Mufasa 507 wrote:2nd the mayor vote is rather interesting, I seriously would not mind Yos, Fonz on Battle Mage as Mayor, the three likelist to be town.
... and the first indication that you changed your mind was at the start of day 2. What post of Battle Mage's made you change your mind?

Your defense so far seems to be "I was in another game and it took all my time", or something like that. Well, now that you've got the time, how about you respond to the request I made and the other question I asked?
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:04 am

Post by Mufasa »

No specific post just I have noticed his come and go with the rise in plot to be rather lurkish and scummy
dingoatemybaby
dingoatemybaby
Goon
dingoatemybaby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:11 am

Post by dingoatemybaby »

Percy wrote:Calling out lurkers, voting for them and demanding quality participation doesn't seem like a bad idea. I don't have much experience, so I can't comment on its overall efficacy, but I'm willing to give it a spin.
I'm sure that calling out lurkers is a good idea. However, you suggested you would keep your vote on him until he provided "excellent" scum hunting. That seems to me a way to keep a vote out there which won't really do anything. It is an easy way to avoid committing to an actual lynch.
Dr Pepper
Dr Pepper
Goon
Dr Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Dr Pepper »

I don't trust millar. Even if he is town aligned (seems like a reasonable conclusion for the time being), he further added to the WIFOM, confusion, and oh yeah he changed his role claim.
millar13 wrote:Therefore,
if
I start playing properly I
can
be a huge asset.
Bold added for emphasis. Those are two conditions that I am just not willing to bank on right now. Nothing he did gives me any confidence in him. I voted him under the premise of lynch all liars. Well he is still in the game. I am not pleased with the result. I would vote him again if I could.

zwets actions yesterday made plenty of sense to me, however his premptive defensiveness about it today is unsettling. If he does think his actions were justified, then he didnt need to say anything. If he really wanted to catch scum for jumping on him, he should have waited till they jumped on him. It seems like a misplay on zwets part, but one I could see as scum motivated.
FoS: zwets

MikeSC6, I would like to see you do a little more than just toss ideas out without stating which one you believe most likely. You seem pretty on the fence. I want to hear about what your opinions are and what you believe most likely.

Glad to see Percy is flushing out the lurkers while still contributing. He seems townie for the time.

Barrylocke, we arent going to lynch any lurkers yet, but we do need to pressure them into contributing. If you know of a better way other then threatening a lynch, I am all ears.

Jahudo, it harder to get a feel on Battlemage with him out picking flowers. Going on yesterdays actions, BM wanted to keep millar alive when BM though millar was a jester. It seems like a bad idea to leave a lying, double claiming, player who at that point was causing mass confusion and WIFOM alive. It only benfits scum to do that. He also seemed to be provoking both sides of zwets and Yos2 about role fishing. He starts by attacking zwets who calls out Yos2 and then BM attacks Yos2 at the same time while pointing them at one another.

dingo, I find that accusation of Percy not contributing to be unfounded. He is clearly performing player analysis, calling out lurkers, and keeping the game moving. He doesnt need to commit to a lynch so early. Maybe he doesnt want the popular lynch to occur. Maybe ZONEACE will be the lynch for the day.

Mufasa, I am so glad to be voting you right now. Nothing you said has been useful or made any real sense. Combined with the early (post random phase) self voting you could not set off my scum dar any more. I think I caught me some scum today.
I think that ghostbusters is a pretty cool guy eh crosses the streams and doesnt afraid of no ghost.
dingoatemybaby
dingoatemybaby
Goon
dingoatemybaby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:30 am

Post by dingoatemybaby »

Dr Pepper wrote:dingo, I find that accusation of Percy not contributing to be unfounded. He is clearly performing player analysis, calling out lurkers, and keeping the game moving. He doesnt need to commit to a lynch so early. Maybe he doesnt want the popular lynch to occur. Maybe ZONEACE will be the lynch for the day.
I just don't like the declaration that his vote will stay on Zoneface until Zoneface starts playing in some "excellent" way. I didn't say that Percy was not contributing.
Dr Pepper
Dr Pepper
Goon
Dr Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:55 am

Post by Dr Pepper »

dingoatemybaby wrote: That seems to me a way to keep a vote out there which won't really do anything. It is an easy way to avoid committing to an actual lynch.
OK, I picked a poor way to some up your complaint. But his he stated very good reasons to be voting ZONEACE. There is little reason to question him when Percy is being very transparent.

Also if you read the rest of my comments towards you, I explain what his vote is doing. It is putting pressure on ZONE to get in the game. Also, Percy does not have to contribute to a lynch if he doesnt want to. That itself is not scummy.

It is fine that you don't like Percy's vote stance, but you have yet to give a valid reason for him to change it.
I think that ghostbusters is a pretty cool guy eh crosses the streams and doesnt afraid of no ghost.
MikeSC6
MikeSC6
Goon
MikeSC6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:13 am

Post by MikeSC6 »

MikeSC6, I would like to see you do a little more than just toss ideas out without stating which one you believe most likely. You seem pretty on the fence. I want to hear about what your opinions are and what you believe most likely.
Sure thing- I'll write up what little notes I've been making- hope it's useful, though bear(I still don't know if it's "bear" or "bare" or a different one :oops:) in mind I don't have any set opinions that I'm completely confident of- most of my attention was on Xtoxm/millar last round, the prominence of it kind of pushed everything else into the background, and the way that's resolved it looks like it was all a good opportunity for scum to dip under the radar.

This millar thing is still making me uneasy. On the surface it does just seem resolved- but the way millar is trying to get people to acknowledge his "confirmed townie" status, I find that odd. You're unlynchable right, so why try and convince us (and semi-OMGUS Firestarter in 626 too)? We know that this game has some special mechanics, and I wouldn't be surprised if we see something that might trigger millar off again or something.

The idea that doubting your townie status is scummy as well, millar, doesn't wash- is it likely that scum would challenge you, when they can't lead it to a lynch? I can't see it.

And I'm still waiting for Mufasa to explain exactly what he means by his post, and he's been seeming scummier the more he's posted since. We have him attacking an inactive player (BM) for a reason I don't think anyone understands, and hasn't explained it. I feel the "burst of activity that petered out" reason for suspecting Battle Mage is weak- it seems like he had to scramble for any old reason after getting called out on his earlier comments.

Plus, using an ongoing game to explain something, that he's not allowed to talk about in depth, looks like him trying to lead the topic to a dead end, that we can't pursue. Mufasa has been defensive from the start, I think.

I haven't voted for him yet, though, because we're still waiting for an explanation of that "conveying" post, and also a replacement for ZONEACE if we're getting one. Replacements seem to have a knack for seeing things cleary immediately on entering a game, it might be useful to wait.

I'm finding it hard to get a read on any of the other players just yet- Zwet especially I've been flipflopping between town and scum, but I wouldn't be able to logically defend either opinion.
dingoatemybaby
dingoatemybaby
Goon
dingoatemybaby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:40 am

Post by dingoatemybaby »

Dr Pepper wrote:Also if you read the rest of my comments towards you, I explain what his vote is doing. It is putting pressure on ZONE to get in the game. Also, Percy does not have to contribute to a lynch if he doesnt want to. That itself is not scummy.

It is fine that you don't like Percy's vote stance, but you have yet to give a valid reason for him to change it.
I'm not asking him to change his vote. But that stance that he won't change his vote unless Zoneface provides excellent scumhunting? Not a solid position. Lurking can be scummy, but votes should eventually move to who ever is MOST scummy.

Keeping a vote on a lurker can be a useful play for scum. You have an excuse to not vote for a scum buddy. You will not be blamed for the lynching of a townie if the town is going after one of their own.

This is not to say lurkers should not be pressured. If he does not respond to prods, he should be replaced. If he responds to prods but continues to lurk, he should be considered a candidate for a lynch. Putting a vote on a lurker now probably does not do much.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:05 am

Post by Mufasa »

Conveying post. i really dont know what I meant by it but I what i was thinking was day one it seemed that Battle Mage used his fame to make him a first impression and one that was much pro town, If you have noticed Battle Mage has not posted day 2
dingoatemybaby
dingoatemybaby
Goon
dingoatemybaby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:13 am

Post by dingoatemybaby »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Flub. Inothernews,Ididexplainwhyyosrolefished.
Was there anything scummy about Yos asking for a full claim of Millar towards the end of day 1? If so, please explain. If not, why bring it up?
Dr Pepper
Dr Pepper
Goon
Dr Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:20 am

Post by Dr Pepper »

dingoatemybaby wrote: I'm not asking him to change his vote. But that stance that he won't change his vote unless Zoneface provides excellent scumhunting? Not a solid position. Lurking can be scummy, but votes should eventually move to who ever is MOST scummy.

Keeping a vote on a lurker can be a useful play for scum. You have an excuse to not vote for a scum buddy. You will not be blamed for the lynching of a townie if the town is going after one of their own.

This is not to say lurkers should not be pressured. If he does not respond to prods, he should be replaced. If he responds to prods but continues to lurk, he should be considered a candidate for a lynch. Putting a vote on a lurker now probably does not do much.
That is complete crap. Percy is actively contributing to other conversation. If someone else is being more scummy than feel free to convince him. Right now he has great interest in ZONEACE and finds his lurking to be the most scummy activity so far. Percy is not trying to avoid taking part in anything. Your arguement is vast stretch.
Mufasa wrote: If you have noticed Battle Mage has not posted day 2
Read the thread noob. Several players including Battlemage are removed by mod generated game event. They cannot post, vote, or get lynched.
dingoatemybaby
dingoatemybaby
Goon
dingoatemybaby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:33 am

Post by dingoatemybaby »

Dr Pepper wrote: That is complete crap. Percy is actively contributing to other conversation. If someone else is being more scummy than feel free to convince him. Right now he has great interest in ZONEACE and finds his lurking to be the most scummy activity so far. Percy is not trying to avoid taking part in anything. Your arguement is vast stretch.
I think there is some disconnect in our communication here. I'm not concerned with Percy voting for Zoneface. I'm concerned about his statement that he intends to keep his vote there unless a specific condition is met by Zoneface.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Mufasa »

my bad didnt realize battle mage was a female character
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:38 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mufasa wrote:my bad didnt realize battle mage was a female character
Lol. Battle mage is a guy.

dingoatemybaby: Why? Voting someone until they start acting in a pro-town way is a perfectly reasonable way to act. Lurking is anti-town, and the town should never let people get away with lurking, and instead put pressure on them until they start scumhunting and start playing properly. The vote, and the threat, makes perfect sense to me.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”