Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Looker »

doesn't matter. fuck the four, we have the one definite - ARCHON! so i say wall-e puts his vote back where it belongs and we get on with this one-man show! yea!
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by mykonian »

this went all so good... now we have already 4 players inside this town that are acting ridiculous, and in case they aren't bussing, they aren't all scum...
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by Looker »

hey now, mykonian, don't act like that. I've stated my reasoning, which should give me due excuse to have fun. I KNOW archon is scum, i feel it in my ovaries! And ovaries are NEVER wrong! Now we just have to let these kind people know that they won't be chastised for making the right decision. Vote Archon.

Thanks!
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

This is starting to make me think looker is scum and not archon...
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

My record: W/L/T/A
Overall:5/2/0/1
Town:5/2/0/1
Scum:0/0/0/0
3rd Party:0/0/0/0
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Looker »

Glad we don't drink together, you'd probably think i was a lesbian too...
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

looker=millar?
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by mykonian »

Looker wrote:hey now, mykonian, don't act like that. I've stated my reasoning, which should give me due excuse to have fun. I KNOW archon is scum, i feel it in my ovaries! And ovaries are NEVER wrong! Now we just have to let these kind people know that they won't be chastised for making the right decision. Vote Archon.

Thanks!
you are a girl? would be nice to know how to speak to you. (he/she or it)
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by Looker »

lmao i thought it was obvious...anywayz...back to the subject...

alright, i'm just playing with you guys because i'm secure in my vote for archon. if you can't come to the decision that he's scum on your own sobeit, but i WOULD like for yall to realize it
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by Looker »

i'd also like to throw up sometime tonite...but o well lol lmfao gnite
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:32 pm

archon is town. You are a lying balless monkey.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by mykonian »

it wasn't to me, but that could also say a lot about me.

and, eh, you don't think a thing about wall-e and Jazz her votes?
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:44 pm

I'm not sure about Jazz, but Wall-e is probable scum.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Wall-E »

See, zwet thinks I'm scum! The defense rests!
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:52 pm

Not really.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Not really what?
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:56 pm

Post by Archon »

Tenchi wrote:
I will be replying to Archon now. I will remove the quote tag.

How else was I suposed to save myself!? You wanted an answer, I gave you one.
You were to address the issues on Zwet, but instead you ignored them.
[/quote

Then restate them.
I didn't need to explain anything because I had nothing to explain

You acted surprised with Zwet's accusation. The more pressing issue here is that you could have discussed this via PM/QT if you are confused with what Zwet was doing.
A valid point. Nothing I can say can negate the fact I did not pillow talk.

[qoute]Your reasonings. You stated on the post quoted inside this one that "I could have used the time posting to help the game" whilst you were the one who attacked me in teh first place for lurking in the middle of the night. also, that schedule was the entire weekend. not friday.

I meant that in the most professional way as I can. Also,I have retracted the attack on your schedule. I get it you are busy, but I don't get your constant fluffing and lack of scum hunting. See my PBPA.
Instead of crossing out something in a quote, how about you say "I retract the attack on your schedule?" I completely thought you were just re-stating the non-crossed out portion.
And yet you completley cut out me answering your post right here.
Then let me quote your reply: "Becuase your attacking me on it, Idiot. Now stop being so damn contradictory before I begin to swear." That was useful.

Aparently everyhting must be spelt out to you. I am in for claiming because it will tell us who is with whom, thus saying that when we lynch one person, we will know who the other person who will die will be.
But why would you want to claim early in the game? You obviously did not read Mikek's post on the pros and cons of claiming, which justifies your lack of attention in this game.
I did read the post, and as I posted earlier, I believe the pros outweigh the cons. And you blame me for not reading.
How dare I act human!
I don't mind you fluffing. I got used to that with Wall-E. The thing is, about 50% of your posts when I did my PBPA was fluff, and you have never mentioned who you thought was scum. Right now even, you are basing your scum suspects on who is voting for you, instead of checking their reasons on being in or out of your wagon.
I implore you to look at the first five pages of your posts, and tell me you don't fluff.
An OMGUS driven attack, with points, mind you.
You haven't even got to 15% of what I posted, and you do a PBPA on pre-game posts. Do you think that has points?
if you can attack me on an argument made up of me "fluffing," then I can make up an argument of your "pre-game" posts.
I'm scum hunting you, idiot!
Then who do you think is scum, and why? Why don't you react to every person in this game, and not just those voting for you?
Becasue of two reasons. I can't investigate ever single person in this game, and two, I AM SCUM HUNTING YOU IDIOT! You are my primary investigation! You can't be that nieve, can you!?
Nothing I do is orthodox.
Again, being unorthodox is a null-tell to say the least.
And where did I want it to tell anything except that I'm bizarre?
A blantant try to attack a person with a good record has failed. see Wall-E's post.
Wall-E's reasons for defending you at that time was: I read Archon town." He didn't elaborate on it.
Yes he did!
Wall-E wrote:
mykonian wrote:Looker, I heard far too little from some people, and direct questions may help to get you talking. You avoided the question nicely :)
You didn't ask one.
Wall-e, does Tenchi know that he is slightly known for pushing weak cases?
Uh, let's ask him. Tenchi, are you known for pushing weak cases?
And can someone explain to me why distancing helps town?
It doesn't. I'm stupid.

Archon is town:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=

Modkilled in this game for claiming that the mod gave him permission to quote a PM the mod accidentally sent him describing the scum setup. Died town and lived a spazzy, non-contributing life while alive. He was aware of the discrepancy which was probably his major motivation for posting the PM in the first place. (off the record, KoC's call to modkill you was unfortunately necessary, but his own fault ultimately for tempting you with that and not qualifying that you aught not post it)

This is the only game he's completed. He acted the fool and learned some lessons about how to play here and he's about as good as I was when I first joined last year. Most every post I've seen from him when looking through his "View all posts by this user" list contains a scumtell, an appeal to emotion, fluff or something similar. It's his meta, and I won't lynch him for it. Neither should Tenchi.

I'm not saying he's guaranteed town by any stretch, but his meta would suggest that this game is just business as usual for him, and further evidence would be requred to convince me.
And you say I don;t read the posts

Big things jump at me from this post. The first of which is that Techni is trying to put his foot on the ceiling, and get it to stay. He can't find a case for me, and completely ignores the answers to the questions he poses at me.
Or maybe I am leaving for others to judge it. I have addressed the other replies you have here though, although "being busy" is not an excuse for fluffing and posting without you voicing your suspicions on anyone (at least at that time).

He is also attempting to get a bandwagon going on minimal evidence. Also, he can't understand the meaning of "busy," as well as the fact that I have for multiple times tried to explain both the meaning and why I am so.
See above.
Tenchi wrote:Note that those five posts were addressing five different people. If I put them into one post, it would just be a bit harder to read.
yeah, no.
mykonian wrote:you improved, and that positively surprised me. BTW, I lynched because you refused to answer questions, that makes me think you had no answers. BTW, ongoing game, but now I know you, in other games I also adjusted my play to you. I only hope you won't become someone like archon, or zwet, that are proud of their playstyle, and keep it bad.

I know I'm not really complete here, but I didn't lynch you because I didn't like you or something. If you want to talk more about this, it is fine, but of course you've got to understand that talking about ongoing games is a bit tricky.
I don't positivley think of my playstyle as bad. Just unique.
Wall-E wrote:
mikek wrote:Instead of starting yet another tangential discussion you should slow down, stop flailing, and answer the questions being asked of you.

Why did you go from defending Archon to voting for him?
Why did you claim scum?
Why did you name Looker as a scumpartner?
Why did you unvote Archon?
Why did you vote for me?
I defended Archon because I believed him to be town.

I voted him to see what the reaction would be.

The joke was a joke, both partially to see how Archon would react and test my meta on him and to see how the town reacted to the possibility of his lynch.

I unvoted Archon because I still think he's town.
So thats it? Just a bunch of reactionary steps taken to try to get reactions?
Dude, that is so.. cruel.
AceMarksman wrote:wall-e, why did you choose a PBPA of mikek of all people? He isn't under the gun at all. I would actually have to agree with zwet (gasp) that doing a PBPA on someone who isn't a big suspect at the moment is active lurking. I suggest doing one on
our
my
biggest suspect (archon), or are you afraid do analyze your scumbuddy?
Fixed for you
Wall-E wrote:
mykonian wrote:no, wall-e, you say it is scummy, then you should tell me why it is bad.

Lets tell you why it is good to massclaim. That way, if you got two people that are scummy, and they are lovers, you've got a bigger chance that you've got scum. If you find a pair with one protown, and one antitown player, you need to think about that. It is plain and simple information that is beneficial for town, because it increases the quality of the lynch.

Now tell me why your policy of no massclaim is so good, and why we should absolutely lynch Mike for it...
Alright, point taken.

Claiming at all will give the scum a ton of information. It will give us zero, but lock the scum into their claims, which they undoubtedly have already set-up.

Your turn.
No, it will tell us who we will lynch with whom.
Looker wrote:Scum as in the same thing archon is? So you mean we get two for the price of one...?
I absolutley hate this. This screams of noob-scum-tell. Only a nooby idiot that is scum would so carelessly put this out in a fashoin of "well we all know archon is scum."

Looker, I know your partners with Techni.
AceMarksman wrote:since we all agree that archon is the least common multiple of the scumteam, can we lynch him already?
Damnit! it's like arguing liberals! (sorry to the democrats out there)
Your doing the al gore "The debate is over" type thing. STOP IT DAMNIT!
Looker wrote:hey now, mykonian, don't act like that. I've stated my reasoning, which should give me due excuse to have fun. I KNOW archon is scum, i feel it in my ovaries! And ovaries are NEVER wrong! Now we just have to let these kind people know that they won't be chastised for making the right decision. Vote Archon.

Thanks!
zwetschenwasser wrote:archon is town. You are a lying balless monkey.
Not helping! Are you trying to get us lynched?

-------------------

And thus ends my super long catching up post. I will definably be active completely after Wednesday.
Comments and questions are appreciated.
Now modding Vengeful Mafia
pronounced ark-on
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:13 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Scum as in the same thing archon is? So you mean we get two for the price of one...?

I absolutley hate this. This screams of noob-scum-tell. Only a nooby idiot that is scum would so carelessly put this out in a fashoin of "well we all know archon is scum."

You have misread what was being said here. Please go back and re-read it. Ad hominem is discouraged when not clearly intended good-naturedly, as well. Please don't use ad hominem if possible.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:29 pm

Post by mykonian »

ok, we had an insane amount of fluff again, that suddenly focused the attention back to archon... Think about everything people, don't tunnel on one at a time.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:43 pm

Post by Tenchi »

I hope I fixed the mangled quote tags in your post:

Then restate them (the case against Archon).

I will restate them in the following quote, with your defense from what I understand:

1. He agreed for the mass-claim. Did not even explain why.
You believe that a mass-claim pros outweigh the cons; which I believe was in the context of Mikek's post. On closer analysis, you should note that you didn't note WHEN the claim would be. However, the way you chimed in, I would assume you wanted to claim on the first few pages of the game.

2. Fluffing constantly. Gives him the activity he needs to avoid being prodded and suspected of being absent-minded from the game.
You call me a hypocrite since I fluffed early on. Note that when I made my PBPA, more than 50% of your posts were fluff. My fluff posts were either pre-game or were two/three of the fifty posts I had by that time. I have every right of accusing you of fluffing, and I think I have proof that you would continue your posting habits had I not called you out of it.

3. OMGUSing me.
You say with reasons, and I will mention these reasons as I continue with this post. However, I should also not that your FoS list also reeks of OMGUS since it consists of people voting for you, except Wall-E.

4. WIFOM on scum tactics: See post 23. I do believe bussing/distancing is a viable tactic in a game of association. The trick here for town is pushing bounderies to see where true alliances lie.
You didn't comment on this. I have to note that other people have been guilty of this as well. I forgot who.

5. Lack of scum-hunting/voicing his suspicions. See PBPA above. Aside from calling several people idiots, and his OMGUS on me, who are his suspects?
You say you never, ever scum hunt as your meta. Also, you mention that you are scum hunting right now. I would appreciate more effort here. I still feel that you are just saying things instead of doing them. And the PBPA of ten posts that included pre-game fluffery on California doesn't count as scum-hunting.

6. Lack of association with Zwet to validate claim. I feel that as his lover, seeing Zwet under heavy suspicion, that he should have (subtly) saved him, instead of outright claiming.
You claim that you are unorthodox. However, unorthodoxy is not a town-tell. Only a null-tell to say the least. Therefore, it is not enough to erase my suspicions that you and Zwet are polygamits with somebody else. Also, you cannot use meta for a non-meta accusation.

7: See Page 7. Also an elaboration on the point above: Archon shouldn't have been shocked/confused/calling him an idiot on Zwet since they can talk about it via PM. I SMELL DISTANCING.
You have mentioned twice now that you have not used pillow talk (or not a big fan of it). This still doesn't erase the fact that you both have a lack of interaction that would validate your claim.

Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:06 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Archon wrote: Instead of crossing out something in a quote, how about you say "I retract the attack on your schedule?" I completely thought you were just re-stating the non-crossed out portion.
I was restating the non-crossed out portion (again, meant as professional as possible) and was retracting the accusation on you schedule. Though valid as your schedule sounds, it still doesn't excuse you from the constant fluffery from that point.

Archon wrote: Aparently everyhting must be spelt out to you. I am in for claiming because it will tell us who is with whom, thus saying that when we lynch one person, we will know who the other person who will die will be.
Tenchi: But why would you want to claim early in the game? You obviously did not read Mikek's post on the pros and cons of claiming, which justifies your lack of attention in this game.

I did read the post, and as I posted earlier, I believe the pros outweigh the cons. And you blame me for not reading.
I think the issue here was timing.

So I ask you this, when is the best time to claim?
Archon wrote: I implore you to look at the first five pages of your posts, and tell me you don't fluff.
I did. However, most of my fluff was before everybody has confirmed. Also, my posts were 95% content when this game started. Your record says otherwise.
Archon wrote: if you can attack me on an argument made up of me "fluffing," then I can make up an argument of your "pre-game" posts.
My attack on you is not only fluffing. That's the least of your concerns (tip of the iceberg). The worst part here is your association with Zwet and your lack of scum hunting and your constant OMGUSing. Don't strawman.
Archon wrote:I'm scum hunting you, idiot!
Tenchi: Then who do you think is scum, and why? Why don't you react to every person in this game, and not just those voting for you?

Becasue of two reasons. I can't investigate ever single person in this game, and two, I AM SCUM HUNTING YOU IDIOT! You are my primary investigation! You can't be that nieve, can you!?
I understand that. But aside from (1) your PBPA on my pre-game posts and (2) FoS's on everyone who has voted for you (again reeking OMGUS), what have you done to scum-hunt?

You should have some opinion on the other people in this game. For instance, what do you think of this recent exchange between Wall-E and Mykonian?
Archon wrote: And where did I want it to tell anything except that I'm bizarre?
You make Zwet look like a puppy. And Wall-E like an angel.

<3<3<3 to everyone!!!
Archon wrote:A blantant try to attack a person with a good record has failed. see Wall-E's post.
Tenchi:Wall-E's reasons for defending you at that time was: I read Archon town." He didn't elaborate on it.

Yes he did!
No he didn't. He posted the huge meta-defense for you AFTER you have said the above statement. You don't have a clear, "good record" in the game as you would like to assume.
Archon wrote:
mykonian wrote:you improved, and that positively surprised me. BTW, I lynched because you refused to answer questions, that makes me think you had no answers. BTW, ongoing game, but now I know you, in other games I also adjusted my play to you. I only hope you won't become someone like archon, or zwet, that are proud of their playstyle, and keep it bad.

I know I'm not really complete here, but I didn't lynch you because I didn't like you or something. If you want to talk more about this, it is fine, but of course you've got to understand that talking about ongoing games is a bit tricky.
I don't positivley think of my playstyle as bad. Just unique.
You are totally lost. He was talking to Looker at that quote.
Archon wrote:
Wall-E wrote: I defended Archon because I believed him to be town.

I voted him to see what the reaction would be.

The joke was a joke, both partially to see how Archon would react and test my meta on him and to see how the town reacted to the possibility of his lynch.

I unvoted Archon because I still think he's town.
So thats it? Just a bunch of reactionary steps taken to try to get reactions?
Dude, that is so.. cruel.
Cruel for scum.

I thought it was clever.
Damnit! it's like arguing liberals! (sorry to the democrats out there)
Your doing the al gore "The debate is over" type thing. STOP IT DAMNIT!
You should be careful with this kind of comment. Please don't do it again.
Archon wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:archon is town. You are a lying balless monkey.
Not helping! Are you trying to get us lynched?
If you are both town, you better start pillow-talking.

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:10 pm

Post by Tenchi »

I add an Eighth point to the Archon case

8. Asking me to claim. A claim at that point would have left me nowhere to run because:

A. It would have given more info for scum to bus me.
B. I was not close to being lynched
C. It is a breaching of the consensus made early-game not to claim early D1.

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:12 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Looker: Who do you think are polygamists with Archon/Zwet?

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:27 pm

Post by mykonian »

Tenchi, only one point: what wall-e did, was not smart. Or it is a last excuse for scumplay that is caught, or it is a high-risk, low gain play as town. It is not adviceable to play scummily. and if you did as scum, you are also stupid already, and this is just the best you can make of it.

But now is the question, would Town-Wall-e make that play just as often as scum-Wall-e?
mikek
mikek
Townie
mikek
Townie
Townie

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by mikek »

Wall-E, rather than a PBPA where you accuse me of pointing out possible scummy connections and (correctly) advocating a delayed massclaim, you should explain this post:
Wall-E wrote:
mikek wrote:Post 341 means that Wall-E and Looker cannot credibly claim to be lovers, so that can't be the scumteam.
Unvote: Vote mikek

Guys, this game is over. Mikek is the scum, and he's just lost for his team.
You posted this 24 hours ago and still haven't given any explanation whatsoever. Instead you're grasping at straws trying to find something to justify that bizarre vote.
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:38 pm

Post by Tenchi »

mykonian wrote: But now is the question, would Town-Wall-e make that play just as often as scum-Wall-e?
I hate basing defense/accusations on meta. All I know right now is he is crazy/unorthodox. I won't hold his actions against him and I'll just get whatever I can get from it. It's still in-game information.

Were his actions scummy? Sorta yes. (For me, Wall-E is crazy like that.)
Were his explanations valid? That's what I'm thinking about right now.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”