Mini 170 - Time Travel Mafia, Game Over!

DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:37 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Ah, this game should be good. The first mini was great fun to read through. :)
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:49 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

It probably will, but we're going to need a decision sooner than that. If you recall, in the last game the mafia pulled some nasty stunts by out-thinking the town. I would call for everyone to have their thoughts (not on their role, of course, but on possible mafia strategies and countermeasures) be public in order to try and avoid this again, but I'm not sure how well people would respond to such a policy. And yes, by saying "I would call for this", I am in fact calling for either it or substantial reasons why it's a bad plan.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:42 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

If you go on the wiki, search for "timetravelmafia", it's linked to on the page about the Time Travel games, a few down.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:32 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

I think he meant that the potential for wasting the fuel by dying with it unused was less, but that's kind of a funny way of putting it.

The thing is, if the doc chooses to revive any townie that dies, and then the mafia pull something nasty, like a kill on a previous night that changes a lynch to kill an additional townie, the doc will be powerless to undo it unless he's got a
really
large amount of fuel- I doubt there are more than one or two time travels available. That concerns me more, frankly, than guessing games with power roles.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:23 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

That brings us back to the issue of knowing that someone is, in fact, a major power role, rather than a mafia who spun an intricate web of deceptions and lies while they were alive, and are having their revival urged by their still-living scum buddies...
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:14 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

As demonstrated in the previous time travel mini, mafia can not only change the lynch by killing voters, but also by killing the person being voted for- then the person with the second most votes will be lynched. For that reason, we should only have
any
votes on someone other than our lynchee if we're willing to have them killed as well, and it would probably be best if we had none at all elsewhere.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:41 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

I, for one, would like to request a deadline extension. I don't think we've achieved "popular demand" yet, we're more than a little directionless, and the deadline is rapidly approaching. Unless you're willing to end the day with no more discussion and lynch one of the fairly random wagons now, please request also.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:39 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

All right, now that the pressure's off for a while, does anyone:

-Have anyone they this has acted scummy so far?
-Have any policy/strategy decisions the town needs to make to bring up?
-Have anything else decent to say?

If so, please do. I think thus far, it's been debated if we should revive townies on sight (decision: it's up to the doc) and been brought up how our voting patterns should look when we end the day (no decision, but no one has objected to trying our utmost to have no votes on other than the lynchee). Did I miss anything?
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:13 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

You do have a point, Fuldu, but that will only become relevant if someone is revived one way or another. As long as it's only townies that are dead, meaning no scum could have a hidden vote out, I think the plan will work out as imagined. We can trust townies to follow it, after all.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:29 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

True enough, but I guess when no one knows anything, go after the person who annoys you. And I have to admit, your inability to capitalize the word "I" grates on my nerves.

Additionally, we're a bit short on time, and somehow I doubt that people are going to be on much for the remainder of this weekend. So, we'll probably end up going with the person whose bandwagon already has a bit of momentum, unless there's a reason not to. So, even with the fact that these aren't the best reasons to lynch someone, unless you've got a counter (something like "I can help to provide valuable insights" is preferred, although if you find yourself unable to live up to that, "I have a pro-town power role" will suffice as long as you're willing to die tonight).

Thus, when I think "who needs lynching?" and come up blank, it looks like you're the lynch target, SapphireVerde.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:54 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

*sigh* I hate lurker hunts. More so, because I know that certain people *cough* Mastermind of Sin *cough* are away, and leaving votes to be exploited by the mafia later. Not cool, when we've got nothing solid on anyone and, unless I'm mistaken, two people tied at two votes.

Given that the deadline is in something like seven hours, I'll be back in less than that to place my vote.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #11) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:10 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Well, there's not exactly enough time to dramatically reverse all our votes- something under an hour, at this point. I'll go with the evidence against SapphireVerde.
Unvote, Vote: SapphireVerde
. The backup doctor very well may not have a time machine, but it's a role claim too scummy not to lynch, and at this late our with not-so-great play under pressure anyway...
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #12) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:15 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

Huh. At the rate this game's moving, you won't miss anything.

I don't see why someone would travel to Night Two on Night One- what with the limited fuel, it seems like it would be wasteful and more than a little risky. In fact, going to the future at all seems wasteful and more than a little risky, no matter your role. So, since we've ended up with an extra kill today, I would guess we've got a vig in the works. Beyond that... I don't know. Even looking back at what people said, I can see either the mafia or the vig potentially killing either person...
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:52 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

DS: Don't start thinking that way, because you can always start playing doublethink games. Any logical reasoning that depends on the mafia saving their own players, but then coincidentally making those players look like mafia by their very resurrection, means that they could firstly easily frame people with that kind of scheme, and secondly means that they could start trying to trick the doc into saving their members. I'm starting to think we should assume all dead non-townie players to be mafia, except, perhaps, those resurrected if someone goes back to a previous night and kills someone (meaning the player who was killed was either a mafia or a vigilante, and their victims live again). As far as I know, we've got no way of telling otherwise.

Crola: I don't think the 'kill all non-townies' plan would work, because everyone- even pro-town roles- would claim townie. There's no reason not to, because there's no way that the doc has enough time fuel to correct all mistakes. The only people claiming townies that we could be sure of would be the resurrected few, who would quickly die off; we wouldn't even be able to tell if people who lied were pro-town and trying to save themselves from what they'd see as a misguided town to buy more time to work with their abilities or lying mafia trying to, well, be mafia.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:13 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Firstly, that would make SapphireVerde look incredibly scummy. Secondly, SapphireVerde, unless the gender icon lies, is female. Thirdly, what if Electra is in the mafia? Then it would hardly be reasonable to move the lynch. The death of someone voting for Electra supports that conclusion, though it hardly seals the issue.

On a side note, I could have sword I voted for SapphireVerde before the day ended. The post is even there, right above the vote count...

SubtleTactix, coming out as vigilante might have been a poor move on your part, as it sort of marks you for death, and lets them undo any successful kills you make. That said, I don't appreciate the implication that you'd like to lynch Nanook today and vig me (or Axelrod, I guess) tonight. Or am I just being paranoid?

At the time of the deadline extension, it seemed (to me) like we had a lot yet to discuss, and more time would help. Heck, we're in the same situation right now- interesting events are still in the process of unfolding. I don't think that going by who wanted a deadline extension is either a fair or accurate way to find scum. That said, my thoughts on who the scum are, at the moment, are a bit underdeveloped and mostly consist of Mastermind of Sin being useless even after he got back from vacation. Which isn't a storng argument by any stretch.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #15) » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:00 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

It occurs to me that there's a deadline remarkably soon, and we've concluded very little today, our lynch is currently being targeted by one person, and in general we need more time and activity.
Request Deadline Extension.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #16) » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:19 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

I would definitely agree that Crola's being a bit excessively inquistive. He's protown, he kills, he time-travels. We know he can't do either forever; asking more is pretty pointless. As for not buying his story, what's not to buy? Why in the world would a mafia/SK come out as a vig- obviously asking to be shot Night One by a real vig or mafia/SK in doing so- with no pressure at all, to spread information that's useful but not critical to the town? I don't see how it would make sense; if you do, pray enlighten me.
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #17) » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:45 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Well... I could go with that, I guess. The information SubtleTactix gave us tells us something, but not enough to finger anyone. And as for Mastermind of Sin, his last two posts have been mostly useless, except trying to say SapphireVerde was innocent due to the night results, and before that his only post with anything to say was saying quite lengthily how the confusion about the time fuel information meant nothing, when, well, it somewhat clearly did-probably covering for something, I'd say. As long as we've got no better leads...
Vote: Mastermind of Sin

Shouldn't Uraj have posted by now?
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #18) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:54 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

I don't think there's much hope of getting all our votes off Mastermind of sin and onto a different person in the remaining few hours. I'm keeping it there, thoughit would probably be a good idea for anyone not currently voting him to unvote.

I think the first bit of his most recent post was meant to be in a different game... If Warpdragon is in this one, I'm shocked at his lurking. :lol:
To be Continued...
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (isolation #19) » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:03 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

The problem was, I had only a single time-travel protect, to any night of my choice. Therefore, I didn't want to use it until I thought I could revive a townie, and preferably until someone would have several nights of protection, and after I heard about the time-fuel thing, I felt encouraged to wait until it would be harderto hit people Night 1, but I still could. So...

Night 1, I protected Fuldu.
Night 2, I figured I would be better off saving my time-travel, and so I tried to protect one of the revealed time-travels, who I figured would either be pro-town power roles or not being targeted for kills anyway, based on the single kill from Night 1. So, my randomizer chose Mgm. How ironic.
Night 3, I decided my lifespan wouldn't hold out much longer if at all, so I chose to go revive Fuldu. By my logic, he would have been protected Night 1, 2, and his time shield night, giving him pretty good odds of living for a while. Unfortunately, Tactix decided I loked scummy.

I don't get why the townies didn't start pleading townie as soon as they came under suspicion. They had no reason not to, that I could see- It tells the mafia "I have a shot at being protected if targeted, go away", tells the town "If I die and am non-townie I'm a mafia" and therefore makes the mafia reluctant to claim it for fear of being SK'ed/vig'ed, and, well, if Mastermind of Sin had claimed it I probably would have tried to switch the lynch.
To be Continued...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”