Mini 774: Case Closed Mafia (One Truth Prevails!)

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Firestarter wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Firestarter wrote: When I flip town, does your "Idea" of millar & me bussing each other excuse him from a lynching?
What would you like me to elaborate on?
StrangerCoug wrote:
millar13 wrote:Now you clearly are not just a plain vanilla townie...that is more than clear from post 121. Clearly you are sitting on some sort of power position (I doubt you pro-town, so the assumption almost concretes scum) otherwise you wouldn't be so frustrated and resorting to using offensive language. Why would someone with no real power feel the need to swear and your such horrible and disgusting I do not know.
This is an awfully weak attack, and I'm hearing WIFOM bells go off. The case itself is good, though.
You state this about M13's case on me.

You then state in 235 that my case was good against M13's. But again, you keep the eye on both of us with your "bussing theory."
But you do not slate any of my case like you did M13's.
Why vote for me then, when the logical thing, that I can see, is vote for M13?
I had nothing new to contribute to what millar13 said.
StrangerCoug wrote:I dont think there's anything in either of them of note, but if you are going to pick up on one, you must pick up on the other.
OK, so I'm guilty of one of the things I accused alexhans of with the word "very".
StrangerCoug wrote:
Firestarter wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
alexhans wrote:Why would I put all this effort and try to defend things that Fire said and boost discussion against a lynch if I was scum?
This is the second time you've committed WIFOM, and that along with you
constantly saying one thing when the reality is another
is really getting on my nerves here.
What reality??? . Please explain the bolded.
You haven't answered this.
I'll start by saying everybody ≠ two people out of twelve, as has been said before. He also said (#347) that I thought you didn't want to play when I was really confused which way you were going about the matter (you have since cleared that up). I'm basically accusing him of misrepresentation.

I think you've adequately explained yourself, so
un-FoS: Firestarter
, meaning I'm dropping the bussing theory.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by Sajin »

Firestarter wrote:
Sajin wrote:I have been fooled enough by fake tells to know this.
Please elaborate on this point.
I cannot elaborate without breaking forum conduct rules, namely referencing other mafia websites and/or ongoing games. Suffice it to say its happened before.

That said, I like your arguments here.

unvote, vote: strangercoug
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by Battousai »

Sajin- What are you suspicious of SC for? Don't say "I agree with Firestarter."
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by alexhans »

Battousai wrote:Sajin- What are you suspicious of SC for? Don't say "I agree with Firestarter."
QFT.

Its the same thing we didn't like about SC when he agreed with millar's case on fire.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Sajin »

alexhans wrote:
Battousai wrote:Sajin- What are you suspicious of SC for? Don't say "I agree with Firestarter."
QFT.

Its the same thing we didn't like about SC when he agreed with millar's case on fire.
last page I said I am suspicious and you quote and agree with me. Then you slam me for actualizing my suspicions with a vote a page later. What gives?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

FoS: Sajin
. Don't dodge questions like that.

Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by Sajin »

Don't OMGUS me and then I may respond to you. Still typing response to batt.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Sajin wrote:Don't OMGUS me and then I may respond to you. Still typing response to batt.
Uhh... OMGUS? I'm sorry, but Battousai and alexhans had a legitimate concern. I don't like your dismissing a question by asking someone else another question.

alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by alexhans »

Sajin wrote:
alexhans wrote:
QFT.

last page I said I am suspicious and you quote and agree with me. Then you slam me for actualizing my suspicions with a vote a page later. What gives?
I'm saying that voting without giving reasons is not satisfying for the town. At least state them simply but do it or it will not help us.
I'm back...
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by Sajin »

The 2 main points I though firestarter had:

The quote your saying no one suspected millar depending on firestarters flip. As I recall it was you who theorized them as scumbuddys.

Also when you pointed out the supposed contradiction: There was no contradiction.

I think your misrepresenting firestarter with the quotes provided.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Sajin wrote:The quote your saying no one suspected millar depending on firestarters flip. As I recall it was you who theorized them as scumbuddys.
Where did I say that absolutely nobody suspected millar13?
Sajin wrote:Also when you pointed out the supposed contradiction: There was no contradiction.
"I think something's up with the interactions among player X, player Y, and player Z" means "I think something's up not only with the interactions of player X with players Y and Z, but also of player Y with players X and Z and player Z with players X and Y". Firestarter said "I think something's up with the interactions among player X, player Y, and player Z" and proceeded to support only "I think something's up with the interactions of player X with players Y and Z" with his later statements.

Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by Sajin »

Um, that has nothing to do with the statement.

He never stated that X Y and Z were conglomerated.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by Sajin »

mod any word on the 3 non posters?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:19 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Sajin wrote:
No, sorry. If any friends wish to help out, that would be helpful.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Sajin wrote:Um, that has nothing to do with the statement.

He never stated that X Y and Z were conglomerated.
That is the way I read his statement, hence why I called him out on it. He has since explained it as a communication error and clarified his statement.

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by Battousai »

Gorrad wrote:
Sajin wrote:
No, sorry. If any friends wish to help out, that would be helpful.
I guess I could replace in as all three of those players, that would bring me to the cap. Just send me their roles :wink:

Sajin wrote:The 2 main points I though firestarter had:

The quote [SC] saying no one suspected millar depending on firestarters flip. As I recall it was [SC] who theorized them as scumbuddys.

Also when [SC] pointed out the supposed contradiction: There was no contradiction.

I think [SC is] misrepresenting firestarter with the quotes provided.
Compare those to the case on firestarter brought by millar13 and others. You had your vote on firestarter at one point, IIRC. What has firestarter done to lessen your suspicion on him or do you think that what you have listed above is stronger than the one on Firestarter?
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by Sajin »

Firestar has been coming across as townie in his latest few posts. This neither clears him nor confirms him. With 3 possible new people coming in I don't want to see a quick lynch. I am pursuing another lead for the moment. And his squirmyness as I turned my eye has made me more suspicious.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:05 pm

Post by Korlash »

Fire wrote:Why is posting a list helping mafia? WIFOM.
I know I've explained it somewhere... But it helps because it gives them info on who to NK in order to set up the next day's mislynch. and it is not WIFOM, it is fact. Posting a scum list right before a lynch is a dumb move. The only people who should do it are the person ebing lynched and the person(s) that are Nked. (And yes, I know no one knows if they will be Night killed which is why it's a dumb move by anyone)
Fire wrote:RE: the bolded part.. by your theory after a NK, why are you objecting to such lists if they "become obselete" in the next day?
Becuase they still lead to helping the scum choose and pick their NK and manufacture the next days mislynch. That combined with how obsolete they become only solidifies not doing it, not only does it help scum but it in no way helps town, A.K.A. Don't do it.
Fire wrote:This is stretching, you go on to vote me after I told you so much.
Stretching? it is in no way stetching what so ever. I gave you the opprotunity to answer it and you blew me off. If it was a stretch you should have corrected me then and there.
Fire wrote:Skimming through the thread since I was last active, I would say that the time spent has been spent well. Alot more discussion has gone on, and what will my flip give you? Again!
sadly I feel the extra discussion may lead to you walking, which is going to cause problems in the future... You flip will give town piece of mind if nothing else. You surviving until endgame will definitly decrease our odds of winning. And no, that is not the only reason I want you lynched, but it is a good thing to remember. You're flip also has a good chance of turning up scum, and in the event of turning up town you have been the most centered person today, meaning you will likely have connections to every player, thus giving us that much more to work with.
Fire wrote:Bollox.... Dumb, inane, vague... That explains quite alot of players in this game, ya know...
That was a loaded question. You know it. My "Vague, Inane" answer as you put it, was enough for such a question.
You are the only one of those players calling for more time though.

And it wasn't a loaded question, you could have easily corrected me. All i wanted to know was why you were asking such an obviously dumb question and what you planned on getting from it. (First I had to make sure that was in fact what you were asking though, hence why i asked you what I did)

You're responce neither confirmed nor denied what I observed as your question thus making it a completely useless answer and making you guilty of avoidance. Thusly wasting the time you were fighting for.
Fire wrote:I understood completely why I was asked to roleclaim back then.
However, it has been completely dismissed by some trying to 2nd guess the mod.

If you are talking about me, no. i've personally won games based on my role claim analysis, Clerks 2 and Fire-emblem in particular. Calling it second guessing the mod is a cop out and borderline strawman to my technique. Granted this is a Gorrad game, my analysis is bound to be flawed at some point. However, I am trying to inncorperate the games I have been in with him into my analysis but that won't help me until we massclaim.

And I have not "completely dismissed" your claim. Again if you were talking about me.
Fire wrote:I did not want to get too close to my PM, because of Mod repercussions.
Ive explained why I posted what I posted, but again, some see it as scummy, by saying its... scummy.
In one hand, there are people calling me idiotic and dumb, also saying I need to go to kindergarden, and in the next piece, they're claiming Im some kind of smart scum for concocting a plan to roleclaim????
Which is it guys?
... i don't understand why this is under my part... I don't remember calling you and idiot or dumb? if I did I'm sorry... i can get stressed out sometimes... And of course just because you excplained something doesn't auto make it ok...
Fire wrote:Is this directed at Bat or Alex? It was a reply to one of Alexhans posts.
Directed at Alex but Bat could respond to it if he wanted I guess.

[quote="Quote="Fire"]Again, why the rush?
Again, why do you "need the flip"?
I re-iterate that discussion has moved along quite nicely in this D1 since I last posted. Im pretty certain that what has been talked about in that time will have bearing in later game, as will what happened previous to it.
Dismissing it out of hand is just... wrong.
i don't personally believe this time is going to help us out. (the fact people seem to be going away from your lynch for instance)

If left alive you will become detremental to the town, or I hypothesis this. You may in fact become universally considered town, and in the event you are town this actually is good for us but I feel you are still likely scum and so i definitly feel if left alive you will be a major player on the lynching block at countless times in the future and if you survive until endgame will put town in danger.

Of course you would say that, your wagon is ebbing.

Sure it will, all discussion will. But I don't see why we can't put it on hold until tomorrow. I mean then we will also be able to use the info from your flip but from the night kill as well. In addition, by knowing your alignment I think most of the stuff going on right now will be greatly improved as far as usefulness. Which is more reason I am in bewilderment as to why we are not ending the day now and picking it up again tomorrow.
Fire wrote:And discussion IS good, always, everytime....
[/quote]

No... it is not... Scum Run Discussion is alway detrimental and disasterous to the town. All my other examples, tl;dr, wow, and whatever else I said is also always bad. Discussion based on false assumptions and misinterpretations or misunderstandings will always lead to the wrong conclusions and thus is always bad. Do I need to go on? Discussion is not "always good, everytime" Cased closed. One truth prevails, yadda yadda... so on and so forth...
Fire wrote:In this game, the spotlight was only on M13 & I... how can discusiion after this be a bad thing?

If we're basing it on one of you flipping a hypothetical role it has the potential to be bad. And of course if my hypothesis is true and this new discusion leads to your wagon failing, and you survive until endgame... It could very well lose us the game if you are town. granted, the discussion also has the opprotunity of being good as well. I am not overlooking that, simply saying there is n reason not just to end the day and pick it up again tomorrow.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:09 pm

Post by Lindisfarne »

Just got home from a double shift, and im dead to the world. sorry I haven't been able to post. My new job is kicking my ass. But I'm off for two days.

Also, Mod, I messaged a friend of mine and told them about the game. They've been on MS quite awhile. If he's available, he'll contact you to replace in. I'll see if I can help fill those other spots too. I wont be able to message them until tomorrow though.

Tomorrow morning, I'm hitting korlash's last post. I have some serious beef with it.

Once again, sorry for the delay. But you can all expect a novel from me in the morrow.
[i][color=red]"He looks like the type of guy who can marathon write no matter his alignment without looking scummy at all." -Xtoxm[/color][/i]
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:23 pm

Post by Korlash »

bring it on. if we're stuck with this extra time might as well use it to at least draw myself back into the game.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:36 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Sajin wrote:And his squirmyness as I turned my eye has made me more suspicious.
Calling you out on a legitimate suspicion is not being squirmy, so stop using me as a scapegoat to get pressure off you.

Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:00 am

Post by Sajin »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Sajin wrote:And his squirmyness as I turned my eye has made me more suspicious.
Calling you out on a legitimate suspicion is not being squirmy, so stop using me as a scapegoat to get pressure off you.
You slipped here.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:32 am

Post by Battousai »

How?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:51 am

Post by Korlash »

Good... I thought i was the only one lost with Sajin's last post...

Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:20 am

Post by Firestarter »

Korlash wrote:
You surviving until endgame will definitly decrease our odds of winning. And no, that is not the only reason I want you lynched, but it is a good thing to remember. You're flip also has a good chance of turning up scum, and in the event of turning up town you have been the most centered person today, meaning you will likely have connections to every player, thus giving us that much more to work with.

And it wasn't a loaded question, you could have easily corrected me.
1. Endgame?? We havent even lynched 1 person, yet your using WIFOM to argue against my "being in the game".
The simple fact is that the case built on me by M13 has now degenerated since I posted my most recent thoughts on the game, and since more input and analysing of the actual game thus far took place, even M13 has big doubts about the game panning out the way it was.
I refuted that case, and others have removed their votes from me.
Even players who at one stage were ignoring everything I posted.
Just saying
"Town need to know your flip"
, isn't a case... but it has been something you've said quite alot in this game.

2. This translates to you knowing it was a loaded question Im afraid...

I tell you what Korlash, you seem to think Im still scummy, I'd really like to hear it in one post please. Loud and clear.
('') (':') ('')

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”