Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:52 am

Post by Patrick »

Generic Role PMs
Mafia Godfather wrote:You head the mafia in the village. Your fellow mafiates are X and Y. You have a better understanding of the supernatural than most of those primative villagers, and you intend to use that to help your group take over. Each night you may talk privately to your partners and decide on a player you wish to kill, as well as the player performing the kill; note that you may choose not to kill if you think that will further your goal.

Both your fellow mafiates are incredibly loyal, but also less experienced than you. At one point during the game, at night, you may choose to share some pearls of wisdom with one of them, in effect providing them with a boost. You know that boosts on you will have the following effects:

No boost: As above
1 boost: You become immune to kills during the night, and any investigations on you will show you as being innocent.
2 boosts: You are so good at this that you can give out as many boosts as you want, at the rate of once per night.

You know that any further boosts will have no effect, and that the same is true of everyone in the game. Be warned that the people of the town may not know this, at least to begin with, so be careful what you reveal.

You win when every living player is mafia aligned.
Mafia Encryptor wrote:You are a part of the mafia in the village. Your fellow mafiates are X and Y. You have a better understanding of the supernatural than most of those primative villagers, and you intend to use that to help your group take over. Each night you may talk privately to your partners and decide on a player you wish to kill, as well as the player performing the kill; note that you may choose not to kill if you think that will further your goal.

Your field of expertise is meant to be concealment. You have no extra abilities at the moment, but with just a little more dexterity, you could help your team greatly. You know that boosts on you will have the following effects:

No boost: No special abilities
1 boost: The mafia may freely talk during the day.
2 boosts: You have a one shot ability to conceal the alignment of anyone in the mafia who gets lynched.

You know that any further boosts will have no effect, and that the same is true of everyone in the game. Be warned that the people of the town may not know this, at least to begin with, so be careful what you reveal.

Mafia Rolecop wrote:You are a part of the mafia in the village. Your fellow mafiates are X and Y. You have a better understanding of the supernatural than most of those primative villagers, and you intend to use that to help your group take over. Each night you may talk privately to your partners and decide on a player you wish to kill, as well as the player performing the kill; note that you may choose not to kill if you think that will further your goal.

You are the most junior member of the mafia here, and truth be told, you're feeling underconfident. Your speciality is supposed to be investigation and detection, but you don't feel you'd be able to do it without being caught. A boost would probably set that straight though. Boost effects on you are as follows:

No boost: No special ability
1 boost: Each night you can investigate a player and find out whether or not they have any power.
2 boosts: In addition to the above, you find out a player's specific role, and how many boosts they have, if any.

JOAT wrote:You begin the game with a small vial of invisibility potion. Once during the game, at night, you may drink it and use your invisibility to investigate another player in the game, receiving an innocent or a guilty result.

You win when all anti-town roles are eliminated.
Note: on first boost receives one shot vig ability. On second boost receives one shot unightkillability to be used on any night of choice.
Doctor wrote:You start the game with a sprig of a very rare herb, which has extraordinary healing powers. Once during the game, at night, you may choose another player; they will be immune to all nightkills that night.

Note: turns into full doctor if boosted. If boosted twice, he can also self protect once.
Researcher wrote:Your ambition is to know about everything in the universe, but it's fair to say you won't be achieving that whilst scum are killing people at night. Nevertheless, boosts in your intelligence could allow you some useful information.

Note: if boosted, gets the information Electra relayed. On a second boost: knows that the scum are aware of what their own boosts do. Knows that boosts that come during the night can come from both scum and town.
Vigilante wrote:You begin this game with a gun and one bullet. You may use it on another player during the night, if you so wish.

Note: Becomes a full vig when boosted. If boosted twice, he is unightkillable on any night when he doesn't kill.
Priest wrote:You have the ability to make people stronger through the power of prayer. Twice during the game, at night, you may boost any other player of your choice.

Note: One boost allows the priest to boost infinitely (once per night). Two boosts allows her to boost once per day also.
Mayor wrote:You have no special abilities, but you're a charismatic person and a born leader.

Note: one boost gives him the secret vote. Two boosts also adds a one shot govenor ability.
Villager wrote:You are an inhabitant of the town.

Note: Does not boost at all.
Last edited by Patrick on Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:57 am

Post by Incognito »

About this:
Xtoxm wrote:I didn't play badly. Ice didn't play badly either. The forgetting he joined was an obvious slip up, though, which he could have done without.

I did not contradict my predecessor at all, it was you who played badly there.
I agree that you didn't play badly at all, but I still hold to the belief that icemanE's play was pretty bad, and he completely deserved to be lynched. I still can't believe he actually
forgot
his role and didn't submit a night action during Night 1 when he just replaced in like that same day. If I were put in that situation again, I'd probably lynch him again and again and again lol.

I was soooo glad when you replaced in though. I was getting a scummy read off of sthar8 but then when you replaced in, I knew I'd be able to read you fairly quickly and it was really nice to know you were town. :D

Thanks Patrick and Elmo for modding. 'twas a fun game. =)
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:59 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeh, that doesn't have anything to do with actual play, though. It's a mistake, yes, but it's not bad play.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:04 am

Post by TDC »

Raging Rabbit wrote: TDC softclaiming non-vanilla sealed the deal.
I never intended to softclaim, but I did overlook that post when I went through my posts looking whether vanilla was a viable claim for me during the night before we massclaimed..
I really hope it was just a tiny thing and not the ultimate decider, that would make me feel quite bad.
That said, no idea what else I could've claimed.
Green Crayons wrote:Oh, I'm all for revealing the scum QuickTopic. Any reservations, TDC/Jahundo?
No, go ahead.
Incognito wrote:During my second boost, I actually gained NK immunity if I chose not to shoot during the night. SO if we had lynched GC during Day 3 and left Xtoxm alone, I could have no killed during Night 3, hopefully been the NK target and used my NK immunity, and then try and convince the town that I wasn't an SK and that we should lynch one of {eldarad, TDC} and vig the other during the next night for a guaranteed win.
Holy crap.

Our roles were rather tame in comparison.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:06 am

Post by TDC »

Patrick wrote:I'll dig out the second boost PM when I get time.
I have this nagging feeling that killing vollkan over Incognito wasn't quite the right decision.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:08 am

Post by Incognito »

TDC: I thought Jahudo's role was pretty scary actually. Imagine the town-cred he could have gotten especially if he got boosted twice and started handing out boosts to townies. He'd have been practically unlynchable.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:10 am

Post by TDC »

Uh, you mean other than being counterclaimed by Huntress?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:15 am

Post by Incognito »

Hmmm.. well if people trusted him enough to boost him twice, I don't think a counterclaim would have made too much of a difference. It would take some 'splainin but... yeah.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:17 am

Post by Incognito »

TDC wrote:
Patrick wrote:I'll dig out the second boost PM when I get time.
I have this nagging feeling that killing vollkan over Incognito wasn't quite the right decision.
What made you decide to do this?
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:20 am

Post by TDC »

Incognito wrote:Hmmm.. well if people trusted him enough to boost him twice, I don't think a counterclaim would have made too much of a difference. It would take some 'splainin but... yeah.
Yeah, but when Huntress turns up town, it's all over. Would've been just too many boosts in the hands of townies.
Incognito wrote:What made you decide to do this?
We thought you were going to continue vigging innocents. And vollkan was just plainly unlynchable, whereas you could at least potentially be seen as the SK.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Patrick »

Nightactions

Night 1
Mafia kills iLord
Incognito kills Guardian
Huntress boosts iLord
Guardian protects Electra
Iceman doesn't send in a choice

Night 2
Mafia kills vollkan
Incognito kills Huntress
Huntress boosts TDC

Night 3
Mafia kills Incognito
Incognito kills Green Crayons
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:00 am

Post by Patrick »

TDC wrote:I have this nagging feeling that killing vollkan over Incognito wasn't quite the right decision.
This was the biggest error, I thought. Without Incognito alive, day 3 would have been proper lylo, and a Xtoxm lynch would have ended the game. The researcher role is weak in comparison, though the second boost did have the potential to clear Huntress (though it was useless here because she was getting vigged that night anyway). I thought scum played well otherwise, with TDC in particular managing to stay under nearly everyones radar until the endgame. I'd seen this endgame coming since day 3, and imagined the town would lose it.

The setup was tricky. I wanted alot of poweroles; I didn't want multiple possibilities of vanilla townies being put up for boosting and trying to decline it because it wouldn't do anything. Of course, that made the setup hard to balance, and in general the mechanic seems quite swingy. I was disappointed when Jahudo was lynched day 1 without even being able to boost a scumbuddy, and really worried that town would cakewalk it after that. Fortunately it didn't turn out like that, between Incognito's Guardian hate and Iceman playing his role terribly. It's a shame scum didn't really get to use their abilities, because I think some of those are useful. The Godfather role was not really designed to allow it to claim booster to confirm itself, more just because I couldn't think of what else to give it but wanted to reward it being boosted. The original version of this setup did contain a mafia roleblocker, and to be honest I think that would have been better than having the rolecop in. I blame Ether for talking me out of it, I think. Roleblocker is good for punishing early poweroles who claim. I may be running a Boost 2 in theme park, so any comments or ideas about balance are appreciated.

The only town role I wouldn't include again is probably the mayor. I underestimated the potential effect of the double vote in an endgame; and in some situations the double vote would reward managing to get online before the other two players, which isn't really what I had in mind. I did feel bad for Xtoxm when he was lynched. What the hell guys >_<

Thanks to all the players, all the replacements, and of course to Elmo. I hope you all enjoyed it.
Last edited by Patrick on Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:01 am

Post by Jahudo »

Good effort TDC and GC. Sorry I got caught so quickly :oops:

In this game I learned that Incognito, iLord and Guardian are really good on offense when they set their sights on you.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:15 am

Post by TDC »

Patrick wrote:The original version if this setup did contain a mafia roleblocker, and to be honest I think that would have been better than having the rolecop in.
While that would've given us the win (seeing how I had been boosted and could've blocked Incog), I can't tell whether that would've been better balanced.
The only town role I wouldn't include again is probably the mayor. I underestimated the potential effect of the double vote in an endgame
Yeah, that gave me some real headaches. Fortunately he got lynched.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:44 am

Post by Incognito »

TDC wrote:We thought you were going to continue vigging innocents. And vollkan was just plainly unlynchable, whereas you could at least potentially be seen as the SK.
Yeah, probably the only kill I'd like to have back is the Huntress one. I felt pretty stupid once she flipped town and after I reasoned myself into thinking she was town at the beginning of D2. I just began thinking that she might have been lurking scum because she kept promising content but didn't seem to get around to it. I laughed pretty hard when Guardian flipped Doctor... I could picture a real-life Doctor and a dude with a gun arguing with one another all day. BLAH. (Sorry, Guardian.)

I thought the scum played pretty well, btw. GC managed to convince people he was town on D3 by feigning frustration pretty well and his entrance to the game seemed fairly town as well, TDC did a nice job of keeping himself below radar, and even though Jahudo was D1 lynched, I thought he did a pretty good job too.
eldarad wrote:
Incognito wrote:
Vote: eldarad

Sup?

My last two opening votes in games have landed on scum. Do you feel lucky?
Rawr.
You really had me worried there during D3. :? Remember that "eldarad feels natural" from Satin Doll? Well...
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:46 am

Post by Ether »

The flavor of this game hinged around a simple little village on a simple little planet. You used rare stones, herbs and powders in conjunction with the souls of the lynched in your unique boosting rituals. Little did you know how valuable these tchochkes were throughout the rest of the galaxy. Your village caught the attention of interglobal SPACE PIRATES and had to drive them off.

So good job there. ^_^

(Patrick didn't tell you this out loud in case it would get you overemotional, but it was thickly implied if you'll read back.)
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Incognito »

/pats Ether gently.

Kids these days and their imaginations.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:51 am

Post by Ether »

For example, when Patrick said
Patrick wrote:And so you've all finally made your decisions. First up are Electra and sthar, people who you guys consider worthy of trust. How does this ritual work? Ehhh, that would be telling. Suffice it to say that Electra and sthar have been boosted, and both feel extremely good right now.

Then we come to the slightly less fortunate Jahudo, who's been selected for a very special prize; he gets to wear the first rope necklace! Seven of you overpower him in the fading light of dusk, and march him to the gallows which you've erected in the middle of the town square, and which sorely need testing. He dies agonisingly slowly, and you hope against hope that he wasn't an innocent man of the town - how would you sleep tonight? You needn't have worried, as even a brief search of Jahudo's possessions reveals that he was a very nasty piece of work.
He obviously meant
Patrick wrote:And so you've all finally made your decisions. First up are Electra and sthar, people who you guys consider worthy of trust. How does this ritual work? Each of them in turn is placed into a circle made up of blue candles, and sprinkled with rare divinidas powder unique to this region of this planet. A priest chants some words, waves a rainstick around, then breaks it over a diamond blade and pours the rice on each of their heads.

Then we come to the slightly less fortunate Jahudo, who's been selected for a very special prize; he gets to wear the first rope necklace! Seven of you overpower him in the fading light of dusk, and march him to the gallows which you've erected in the middle of the town square, and which sorely need testing. He dies agonisingly slowly, and his soul is harnessed into the boosting ritual. Suffice it to say that Electra and sthar have been boosted, and both feel extremely good right now.

You hope against hope that he wasn't an innocent man of the town - how would you sleep tonight? You needn't have worried, as even a brief search of Jahudo's possessions reveals that he was actually Captain Jahudobeard, notorious space pirate. You have no idea how you didn't draw the connection with the names earlier. Anyway, he and his greedy crew are after your divinidas powders and diamond blades and your very
lives
, and they must be SHOWN. NO. MERCY.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Heh :P
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:19 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

One thing I'm still wondering about, TDC, is exactly why you chose to bus Jahudo D1?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Incog wrote:- Your post against Huntress just seemed a bit over the top in the face of a mounting Jahudo-wagon. It just looked like you were trying your hardest to save the Godfather.
Gah. This was truly due to pure laziness. I mean, there were 20 pages and I just went through them all for RR
and
Huntress! To be asked to do it again for yet another player? Gah. Stomach churning. :( My ice lynch was pretty sloppy too, I'll admit. Le sigh.
Incog wrote:- Then there were your double standards also. I still hold to the belief that if you were town, you technically should have found eldarad scummier than TDC for suggesting that we boost a Vanilla closer to end-game if you truly felt like TDC was scummy for not deflecting away an early wagon on him, a claimed Vanilla. I just thought your insistence that eldarad was town town town seemed weird because of that.
I don't recall the specifics of this argument, other than the fact that it existed and I actually really believed everything I was saying could be true. I don't think I had a real opinion on the matter, so I was just taking up whatever belief I thought would help me at the time. Ah well.

Your other opinions are much appreciated. Jerk (for vigging me, ofc)! :fistshake!:

I didn't want to push for an Incog kill the night before last because him killing another innocent person = good for us. I didn't really think he would become Xtox's secret lover and absolutely refuse to lynch the guy.

QuickTopic for anyone that cares. I don't think there's actually much inflammatory commentary, so nothing too juicy to glean, I'm afraid. Probably my favorite excerpt:
TDC wrote:Hi, slightly drunk, but anyway.
Take a number pal.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

lol totally just reread the QT. I love being semi-right.

If we killed Incog, though, I remember thinking Huntress really didn't like me. Though, to be fair, I think I could have whittled down Huntress much easier than Incog.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Triple posting. What was TDC saying about consumption? Anyways.

Oh but Huntress would've died anyways. I was of the assumption that Incog wouldn't have vigged Huntress and thus with Incog dead we would have had Huntress to deal with. THe fact that he would have killed Huntress anyways just goes to show we should've kicked his butt to the curb. Lesson learned.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:33 pm

Post by TDC »

Raging Rabbit wrote:One thing I'm still wondering about, TDC, is exactly why you chose to bus Jahudo D1?
It wasn't really a decision.. it just happened. It seemed kind of safe, and then his wagon suddenly exploded and I felt I couldn't go back.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:50 am

Post by Incognito »

Green Crayons wrote:I didn't want to push for an Incog kill the night before last because him killing another innocent person = good for us. I didn't really think he would become Xtox's secret lover and absolutely refuse to lynch the guy.
Xtoxm and I sexorcised! haha.

Oh the other reason why I thought you were scum was pretty much because Xtoxm said so. The guy has a pretty good scumdar, so I figured if we BOTH thought you were scum then it had to be true, right? lol. Also, I still think his reasoning was pretty solid (how his wagon took off during Day 3 even though I, the practically confirmed townie opposed it, but yours just dissipated). The funny thing about that is I expected your wagon to dissipate because your scum buddy was trying to fuel the Xtoxm-wagon somehow (which was one of the other reasons I was so suspicious of eldarad). Interestingly, your real scum buddy, TDC, kept up with the bus attempt and only switched over at deadline so the Xtoxm wagon was primarily fueled by one scum and two townies.
Green Crayons wrote:I don't recall the specifics of this argument, other than the fact that it existed and I actually really believed everything I was saying could be true. I don't think I had a real opinion on the matter, so I was just taking up whatever belief I thought would help me at the time. Ah well.
How could you not recall the argument? D: That argument was epic. haha.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”