Monty Python Quest for the holy grail, GAME OVER!!!

Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:10 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

If it wasn't a group effort then I think there would have been a lot of other things we'd notice up until now because they each would have been annoying a seperate person.

-DS
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:06 pm

Post by Saigon »

It doesn't seem like this going anywhere :(

As I see it we only have two choices now. Either people start voicing their suspicions, or we start random voting again... on day 4 :(

Even though I don't like it, I think I'll random vote someone if I don't see anyone voicing any reasonable suspicions within a day or two. As it is, this game is going nowhere.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:59 am

Post by mathcam »

I too would like to hear specifics of how the Knights work, though this is of course a judgment call on their behalf. As long as we're not endangering the usefuless of any of their abilities, anything we can do to find out more about how this game works is good.

Cam
Night Stalker
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
John Smith. Really.

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:24 am

Post by Night Stalker »

I'm not convinced the Knights who say Ni are totally pro-town either. Then again, they haven't been kiling people off every night.

Sorry I vanished for the better part of a week. I just read through the last four pages praying I wasn't going to be lynched for being inactive.
[size=75]"It's only a bunny!"[/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:59 am

Post by mathcam »

Are you suggesting some kind of other win condition? I'm not sure how likely it is that Macros would put something like that in his game.

Cam
Night Stalker
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
John Smith. Really.

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:22 am

Post by Night Stalker »

Maybe they have to find a shrubbery?
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:38 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Roger the Shrubber... He arranges, designs, and sells shrubberies.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can 'Ni' at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this period in history."
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:43 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can 'Ni' at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this period in history."

I love this game.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:52 am

Post by massive »

unvote bane 221
vote Night Stalker

Three reasons:

(1) tried to push forth the idea that a second Mafia (the three-headed giant specifically) was ridiculous (before God was killed);

(2) refused to jump on either bandwagon (one of which was God) despite the impending threat of deadline on Day One (page 6);

(3) attempted to push suspicion onto the Knights Who Say Ni as an anti-town possibility.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:02 am

Post by mathcam »

Wow, reasons on a bandwagon. That's new. I like it.

Unvote: bane221, Vote: Night Stalker

Cam
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:07 am

Post by Werebear »

Re: The Nights of Noo! (er, Ni!) I highly doubt their finding Roger would end the game. :) Maybe it will give them abilities, pro-town, anti-town, I don't know.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:48 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Yeah those are reasons, but personally I don't find them very implicating. If he were really scum then I'd think he would have put his votes on the previous bandwagons towards the end of the deadline because he'd want to
1) try to pretend he wasn't affiliated with the scum that was about to get lynched or
2) Say "Well I guess so, since there since to be a consensus" and therefore help lynch an innocent without getting blamed for it.

As for saying that the Nights who say Ni are bad for good, I don't see how this makes him evil. I thought we were debating this topic. Maybe he knows something we don't or simply that he has his own opinion on it.

Finally, when he opposed the idea of having a second mafia, although I think it's strange to think that he would think this couldn't be possible, I don't see it as a move a scum would make.

I just don't see any good reason in those reasons as to why we should bandwagon him. It's just not convincing enough.

-DS
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:40 pm

Post by massive »

Well, no one else seemed to have any good ideas ... that's where I was at. Take it for what it's worth.

Also, and this wasn't included - more often than not, NS's posts are nothing to look at, just looking to say "I'm here" more than anything ... page 7, "nothing of substance to add" ... page 12, "[nothing] worthwhile to say" ... then nothing until the "villainous" comment about the Knights of Ni on page 15 ... then again nothing until he re-iterates his beliefs on the Knights on this page.

It just smells anti-helpful to me, and that usually means "I'm hiding out hoping no one will notice." Maybe someone who has played with NS and has some idea of his usual style can speak up.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:26 am

Post by Fishbulb »

I don't know, massive. In most games I would agree, but this one has been vacant of any real discussions most of the time. The majority of the people here are doing just what you are saying, but it's not because of scumminess, it's just because no one is giving up any info.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:43 am

Post by Werebear »

If noone else posts anything, I'm going after a quiet one. :)
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:41 am

Post by Saigon »

I don't know, massive. In most games I would agree, but this one has been vacant of any real discussions most of the time. The majority of the people here are doing just what you are saying, but it's not because of scumminess, it's just because no one is giving up any info.
yep, That's why I'm gonna *rolls dice*
randomvote: Dragon Slayer

Congratulations DS you're the lucky winner :D

What has the world come to? Being forced to place a random vote on day 4, tsk, tsk, tsk.
Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:33 am

Post by Orbiting »

I'll play the bandwagon game, in absence of info on Night Stalker -
unvote: God, vote: Night Stalker
It's better to be lucky than skilled, surely. However, it's a lot easier to be skilled twice than lucky twice.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:00 am

Post by mathcam »

DS is still second in line at the top of my supsicious list, and now he's defending the person who has recently wrestled away his title? Sounds pretty good to me. My vote stays.

Cam
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:59 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

OMGUS FOS
Saigon
- there's no way that vote was random. And even so- you don't random vote now. That's total crap.
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:20 pm

Post by Saigon »

Believe me Dragon Slayer, I promise that was a completely random vote.

At this point I thought that people have nothing to come with and we have to randomvote, or maybe it would get people to talk. I guess I'll change my vote to Night Stalker if he gets one more vote. As I see it I only have 4 choices.

1. Vote Nightstalker, and we might just get another innocent to roleclaim.

2. Vote Mathcam, and nothing would happen because nobody seems to agree with my reasons for suspecting him. (I don't think he's very suspicios, but neither are the rest of you, so he's topping MY suspicious list)

3. Not vote, and nothing would happen, atleast nothing I contributed to.

4. Random vote, and maybe we get someone to defend themselves in a scummy way or whatever, atleast something happens.

But like I said I'll change my vote to Nightstalker if he gets another vote, atleast we'll keep the game moving, and I don't find him any less suspicious than any one else either so I guess it can't be worse than a random vote.

The problem is that there isn't really a right thing to do. I'm at a complete loss, but I don't want the game to stagnate :(
Loose Cannon
Loose Cannon
Townie
Loose Cannon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:19 am

Post by Loose Cannon »

Vote: Night Stalker

Let's put a little pressure on. Actually, I'm just voting for him so that this game keeps moving (and the fact that there are reasons :o for the bandwagon).
bane221
bane221
Goon
bane221
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:27 am

Post by bane221 »

I'd like to hear something from Night Stalker if we are going to mount anything against him and/or her. Timer started (insert incessant ticking sound)
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:25 am

Post by Macros »

4 Night Stalker (Massive, Mathcam, Orbiting, Loose Cannon)
1 Dragon Slayer (Saigon)
1 Wacky (DB)
1 Orbiting (God)
Oh the huge manatee!!
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:29 am

Post by mathcam »

But like I said I'll change my vote to Nightstalker if he gets another vote
How odd...you don't want to put the 4th vote on Night Stalker, but you'll put the 5th? Basically, you'll continue the bandwagon only if it's inevitable? If Night Stalker's evil, I'm going to be looking pretty hard in your direction. Oh, and in DS's. Good thing I have two eyes.

Cam
Night Stalker
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
John Smith. Really.

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:38 am

Post by Night Stalker »

I know we're grasping at straws here in general, but the "evidence" against me isn't much evidence at all. Most of it either either misreading my posts, or contradicts each other.

massive wrote:(1) tried to push forth the idea that a second Mafia (the three-headed giant specifically) was ridiculous (before God was killed);
Wrong. Read my post again:
Night Stalker wrote:I'm betting the Knights who say Nee! are a mason group. Or maybe even a cult. We have at least 3 killing roles already (if the Black Knight is around - and how could he not be - he might be a killing role too). A second mafia is just pushing it...
I'm not saying that the giant isn't evil - I counted him (them?) as a killing group! I was saying that the Knights who say Ni probably weren't a mafia too.

massive wrote:(2) refused to jump on either bandwagon (one of which was God) despite the impending threat of deadline on Day One (page 6);
So I'm probably mafia for not trying to kill people? That makes sense how? For that matter, if I was in cahoots with god, I would have just voted for the other bandwagon. (For that matter, the counterbandwagon might be a good place to look for the other heads.)

And once again, you seem to be either missing (or deliberately misrepresenting) a crucial point. On page 6, where I said I dislike first day bandwagons - there was no deadline yet! There was no deadline until page 8, 7 realtime days later!

massive wrote:(3) attempted to push suspicion onto the Knights Who Say Ni as an anti-town possibility.
Ok, so in (1) I'm suspect for saying the Knights who say Ni may not neccesarily be evil - and now I'm suspect for saying that they may not neccesarily be good either? I can't win by you, massive, can I?

massive wrote: More often than not, NS's posts are nothing to look at, just looking to say "I'm here" more than anything ... page 7, "nothing of substance to add" ... page 12, "[nothing] worthwhile to say" ... then nothing until the "villainous" comment about the Knights of Ni on page 15 ... then again nothing until he re-iterates his beliefs on the Knights on this page.
So now either I'm suspicious for putting forward ideas - or I'm suspicious for not putting forward ideas. What ever I do, I must be guilty in your book.

I know I'm not the only one who feels like there's not much to go on. Heck, you've alluded to as much yourself. Admitting that fact makes me scum?

Want to see my typical style? Checkout mini 50, or Mafia 8 over at Brunchma - I tend not to post unless I have something worthwhile to say, (like now), unless people start calling me 'inactive' - since I am reading and paying attention. I'm also very hesitant to vote for people unless I'm pretty convinced they're anti-town (aside from OMGUS), and I try to avoid mindless and near mindless bandwagons.

Now, I'm tempted to OMGUS vote massive for repeatedly misrepresenting me and contradicting himself, but he's obviously done at least a bit of research, and I'm hesitant to kill someone who's willing to take the effort to comb through old posts. But the "evidence" against me is no evidence at all.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”