Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Looker wrote:
Tenchi wrote: I am still waiting for stuff from Looker and Jazzmyn.
Stuff, you speak of stuff. Of what stuff are you speaking?
Are you doing this on purpose? Because your lack of attention is even worse than Archon's.

You promised to answer my questions after the NOT-claims:

1. http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 41#1633841 (Who is scum with Archon/Zwet)
2. http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 70#1633870 (Kindly elaborate on your Archon/Zwet/Tenchi theory)

Looker wrote:
Tenchi wrote:I am still waiting on the secondary reasons from Jazz and Looker.)
Secondary? What was wrong with the first?
The first reasons were mine. I am wondering if you have anything to add to the case, or if you are content with the case presented and if anything changed in the past few days.
mikek wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:
Vote: Wall-e
"Makes sense" (note the quotation marks) to me
Are you being sarcastic here? Or do you agree with the Wall-E case? Why aren't you voting for him?
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by Wall-E »

HOLA MIKEK

I'm not going to do a PBPA because they are very time consuming both to create and for you guys to read, and I find they are usually unpersuasive.
And yet...
Wall-E posted a lot of fluffy posts
, especially early on. I'll not be addressing those individually, but I will note that posting fluff increases your apparent activity without actually helping to scumhunt.
Define 'a lot' of fluffy posts, please. What number would be scummy and therefore worthy of being used as a reason to lynch me?
Wall-E moved his vote around erratically
As I do in every game.
Wall-E is frequently evasive.
As noted above, he voted frequently without giving reasons, and when pressed for reasons his given explanations rarely added up. He often just flat out ignores questions. Particularly egregious is post 368. This took ages for an explanation, and when it came it made no sense. He has just ignored further comments on this issue.
You don't like my reasoning on some things? That's what I'm reading here. The other part is that I'm being evasive. Not actively so, but I suppose I can't deny a fair amount of laziness in this game on my part. I've rarely gone very deeply into the discussions.

What, specifically, are these things you don't like my reasoning on?

I'm going to introduce you to the concept of anticipatory information. You know I'm going to ask the question, so please append it to your initial post.

Corndog will be our code-word for this concept for the duration of this topic.
Post 462: Unvote - After claiming the game is over and fabricating a spurious case on me, he abruptly withdraws his vote.
Spurious? Please back this claim with some evidence or argument. I feel my actions there were fully justified.
Wall-E's "misunderstanding" about the game set-up looks insincere
. It would make no sense at all to have night kills in this set-up, the game would be won or lost on day 1. I find it hard to believe he could make this mistake. At the time I accepted it, thinking to myself that his not knowing how the scum operate is a pretty strong town tell. Now, I think this tell was fabricated. It seems implausible to me that he could actually misunderstand the game the way he did, so it was faked. Only scum would have reason to fake that.
The only possible refutation I can give to this statement is to say that it was not fabricated, I truly have never played a nightless mafia game before this one, and the conceptual mechanics of the setup had eluded some of the finer points of my reasoning.
Early on he was pinging his vote about between Tenchi and Zwet/Archon.
These three are problem players for me because they are active but seemingly always mildly scummy. Hence my fascination with attempting to discern their alignments. Did it interrupt something momentously awesome you were contemplating undertaking?
When Archon claimed, he voted for him. He then voted Tenchi for pushing a case on Archon (when Wall-E himself had just been voting Archon!). Then he votes Archon and fakeclaims without reasoning to "fish for reactions". He never explains what reactions he was looking for, or found. I'm not sure what reaction he expected other than "WTF are you voting for someone you said was town, without giving reasons?".

After this he unvotes (apparently bored of trying to make something stick to either of those two) and votes me, claiming the game is over. He doesn't explain this at all, but eventually posts a PBPA that is totally unconvincing. Once that's dismissed he retracts his vote. His eventual explanation for his vote was that he found speculating about pairings to be a scumtell, but now realized this was wrong. That makes no sense. Why would he declare "the game is over" if he found a mild scumtell? This is still unexplained, and he just ignores requests for explanation.
In my opinion, if you want me lynched, this could be the angle to push. I have arguably been pretty evasive, though I assure you it's due to limited time and nothing to do with intentionally being evasive. I understand that you cannot tell the difference, and if there is a thing you want me to talk about, put it in a post like this:
YOU wrote:WALL-E: WHY DID YOU VOTE FOR ME HERE?!
and I will do my best to appease you.
He seems to like starting new conversations, rather than actually drawing any firm conclusions or giving clear reasoning. For example, when I asked for specific explanation of post 368, he decided to make a PBPA analysis on me instead. He was probably hoping to change the subject and distract from having to explain. There's also this "NOT claim" circle thing we did which was his idea. The idea was unexplained, nobody but him knows what we're going to get out of it, and all he's done with the finished data so far is ask me to re-iterate my NOT-claim. Prediction: Nothing much will come of this NOT-claim thing and Wall-E will try to change the subject again.
More on this later.
The Wall-E/Looker claim business.
Reading this with fresh eyes, this could have been staged to make us conclude that they are not lovers. When I first saw this exchange, all I drew from it was that Looker and Wall-E could not be lovers. But what I didn't notice was that if they were scum together, the could each have another player to claim as a lover, while taking advantage of this large distancing effort of making clear they are not going to claim one another as lovers.
That was the moment I discovered how brilliant it would be for us all to not-claim.

First of all, some people would be nervous even to talk about it. These would be people lurking to hope the idea goes away because they do not want to be the one to lose for their team by breaking their team's strategy apart. Some would be flat-out against it.

I considered mikek mostly scummy for being against it but not stating WHY he was.

He wouldn't point out downsides for NOT-claiming despite all the negativity.

Corndogs.
Post 368
. Talked about this above, but I think it bears repeating: Wall-E has refused to explain this post, and given a false explanation for it.

Bullshit PBPA
to distract from post 368. Reading the PBPA it was obvious to me that he had not noticed any of these things and drawn a conclusion from them, he had started with a conclusion he wanted to find evidence for and gone scraping for it. In the end it was so weak and easily refuted I'm surprised he bothered posting it. Surprised that is until I realised it was actually made to distract from his inexplicable post 368 and make it look as though he had his reasons.
You rather remind me of a very stern person who has purchased a corndog and realized that it is stale.

Rather than talk about how awful the corndog was, all he can do is say, "I hated it! Absolutely hated it!" and will not say what was wrong with the corndog.

What I'm asking is this: Rather than you say, "It's nasty! So awful! I can't eat a bite!" I want you to say "You burned the corndog and used old hotdog oil and also this is a rat whisker here."

How did I burn this corndog? What about my case against you is flimsy, weak or otherwise unworthy of consideration? Worse! Worthy of my deconsideration, if you will. You say it, but do you MEAN it? If you meant it, I'd expect to see more... depth to your thoughts.

More Corndog. Anticipate that I and everyone else will be assuming the worst from everything you say and fill in some blanks for me to work with. I like Cumbaya as much as the next bloke, but we've got a game to play mister!
Inconsistency over claiming
. He said he found it very suspicious that I was "pushing for massclaim". I was never pushing for a massclaim until later in the game, when it would help town most. He also said he thinks Archon very likely town, and Archon was more in favour of massclaim, and earlier, than me! Inconsistent. He's also now had us do a NOT-claim each. If a full claim:
Wall-E wrote:will give the scum a ton of information. It will give us zero, but lock the scum into their claims, which they undoubtedly have already set-up.
... then how can it be that a partial claim will help? If a full claim gives ZERO information to us, a partial claim has to give even less. I think Wall-E has two reasons for asking us to do this: to distract us and to change the subject, and also to get scum enough information to deduce the lover pairs, without telling us too much of use.
Again. What would you rather talk about/do instead of listen to me post? What was I distracting from? I need you to believe what you say and convey such with your language. If you really do believe I was distracting from something, what was it?
Finally, what I saw as a fairly big
scum slip
he made while trying to fabricate a PBPA on me:
Wall-E wrote:Despite all the scummy things I've done - voting with no justification, declaring one claimed lover scum and his partner town, throwing an accusation on mikek with no real explaination - he fails to even basically scumhunt by directly addressing me with a single question.
Unprovoked description of your own play as scummy is hella scummy
It was provoked by you potentially being the mafia.

I noticed you were hesitant toward the not-claim and even mildly vulgar during the time it became clear that others would be playing along. I hypothesize that scum would be jumpy like that, afraid of not-claiming incorrectly and revealing themselves in some unknown way. Like someone who is watching a terrible train crash and is unable to stop it, but stays and yells loudly out of concern. You were concerned that the one lynch we needed would be you because of something you'd said or done earlier in the thread.

The problem is that I have already claimed that I distanced from my partner in the beginning of day 1, thereby destroying this notion that there will be no such behavior from anyone. I have nothing to show you that will tell you that I'm definitely not the mafia, but I DO now have nearly ... 20 pages of information to read and think about. Did you want to add something useful to that?

Get more corndogs.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

:D Behold the distancing in the last sentence of the post.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by Wall-E »

The analysis I have for the entire claim:

mikek looked nervous about the not-claim
zwets also looked somewhat sour on the idea

I noticed some other people gained small bits of information from it. I hope it helps in the long run. I'm not telling what else I may have learned from it.

unvote: Vote: Jazzmyn
because of when you not-claimed.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

In other news, that PBPA is completely unconvincing BS.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

unvote, vote: wall-e
His most recent post gave me many vibes-o-scum. Will explain tomorrow when I'm not about to fall out of my chair asleep.
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

My record: W/L/T/A
Overall:5/2/0/1
Town:5/2/0/1
Scum:0/0/0/0
3rd Party:0/0/0/0
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by Tenchi »

zwetschenwasser wrote:In other news, that PBPA is completely unconvincing BS.
Which PBPA? Why do you call it BS?

ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

mikek seems pro-town, and his analysis of Wall-E is EXTREMELY helpful to a replacement such as myself.
It makes sense, and Wall-E's vote for Jazzmyn does not seem justified at all.

Unvote. Vote: Wall-E
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:14 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Talk about a wagon.

Either I'm the only Townie not on this lynch, or we are waiting for a hammer.

Zeenon or anyone, can you please unvote for the meantime? I am busy with another game and I really want to review Wall-E's post with a clear head. Can you give me time?

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:16 pm

Post by Tenchi »

I am still waiting for reasons from Jazz, an answer from Looker and Ace's reasons for voting Wall-E.

Wall-E can you elaborate on what led you to the Jazzmyn conclusion?

ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Unvote .
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:29 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Mod: Please prod/replace Jazz.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by ortolan »

mikek's 594 against Wall-E is very convincing. I also note particularly that Wall-E is the most "sensible" I've ever seen him in 601. He seems _very_ concerned with justifying all of his actions, in contrast in fact even to some earlier posts this game.

Wall-E, I don't think you ever explained why the mass-not-lover-claim was qualitatively different from simply everyone mass-claiming their lover. I mean obviously it's a lighter version, but you're not necessarily drawing the scum out on anything with it. It didn't even necessarily force them to make pairs between them as they may simply have all named townies as "not their lover", leaving them open to claim whichever pairs they like later.

I don't think you've yet explained what your question in 543 was meant to accomplish.
Wall-E (601) wrote:I'm going to introduce you to the concept of anticipatory information. You know I'm going to ask the question, so please append it to your initial post.

Corndog will be our code-word for this concept for the duration of this topic.
What does all this mean?

Wall-E, have you played with zwet before? I ask this because my experience is that he's rather easy to read as scum.

I agree that Wall-E's vote on Jazzmym is odd. What is your position on mikek now Wall-E?

I'm contemplating the Wall-E wagon. I do find it interesting that he earned 3 votes so quickly after mikek's case (one now withdrawn though), which initially put him at L-1. Tenchi's reluctance to join the Wall-E wagon is also of interest.
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Oops, sorry guys! I thought I put him at L-2, not L-1!
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:43 pm

Post by Wall-E »

I'm ready to claim my lover if you want his word to weigh against this wagon at all, scum.

Jazzmyn to help along his participation.

Nothing else to add for the moment.

The word Corndog in my post was meant to draw attention to and illustrate a point using a metaphor. Did you read the part where I explained how mikek was like a man who ate a poor corndog?

What do you think of that analogy, ortolan?
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by Wall-E »

I do not know how to 'read' zwets.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:45 pm

Post by Wall-E »

The reason for my rapid defensive posting is the speed with which this wagon gained members. If scum see this and want to push it, they can mislynch, the first of only two that they need.
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Wall-E wrote:If scum see this and want to push it, they can mislynch, the first of only two that they need.
This is not a post coming from a town-aligned player.
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:21 pm

Post by Archon »

AceMarksman wrote:hey guys, I was planning on posting sometime today, but I just got in from an airshow (off topic: the blue angels are AMAZING!). I'll catch up tomorrow.
Oh my god, aren't they?
Now modding Vengeful Mafia
pronounced ark-on
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:23 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Archon, what do you think of mikek's case on Wall-E and Wall-E's corndog reply? What about the current events on this page?

Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:25 pm

Post by Wall-E »

ZEEnon wrote:
Wall-E wrote:If scum see this and want to push it, they can mislynch, the first of only two that they need.
Explain why not.
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:25 pm

Post by Archon »

Tenchi wrote:Archon, what do you think of mikek's case on Wall-E and Wall-E's corndog reply? What about the current events on this page?
No. you first.
Now modding Vengeful Mafia
pronounced ark-on
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:45 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Wall-E wrote:
ZEEnon wrote:
Explain why not.
Corndog: Can you not forsee scum quicklynching out of desperation in this game? Assuming I'm town (stretch it) would scum jump on this wagon? I'm giving those voting for me the benefit of the doubt, since they probably dislike my style? I don't know, not many reasons have been forthcoming, but I have faith in the majority's sense of the order of such things.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:47 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Archon wrote:
Tenchi wrote:Archon, what do you think of mikek's case on Wall-E and Wall-E's corndog reply? What about the current events on this page?
No. you first.
"No." is not a logical response to a request for opinion. You can say, "I'd rather deign not to reply," but then I'd ask you, "why not?" and we'd go round and round...

Why not just give Tenchi the information he requested?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:52 pm

Post by ortolan »

I know what you meant by the corndog analogy- you were suggesting mikek attacks you with scum-tells without saying why they're specifically scummy and without going into proper detail.

I don't understand your point about "anticipatory information" or what question mikek is to predict you're going to ask him. I also don't understand how he can "append" something to his initial post with post-editing disallowed in this game.

I will also answer your question to zEEnon once he's had the opportunity
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”