Mini 765 - Welcome to Hambargarville GAME OVER!!

Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Hero764 »

About damn time ;)

Can't wait to hear your thoughts Looker.
Show
[b]RECORD:[/b]

[u]Wins[/u]: 1

[u]Losses[/u]: 0
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by Looker »

Idiotking, who do you think is scum?
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by yellowbunny »

OMG...its a replacement!!! :)

Welcome, Looker...
"Someone is playing with my mind, with my little gray cells. " - Hercule Poirot
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by Hero764 »

The sad thing is we probably are going to need a replacement for Burfy soon :(
Show

Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by Looker »

I'm guessin' either you or Wall-e but i really want to know what you think
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by Hero764 »

I'm not sure I understand what you just said.
Show

yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by yellowbunny »

Hero wrote: The sad thing is we probably are going to need a replacement for Burfy soon Sad
Damn Hero...can't let me be happy for a few minutes? /shakes fist

@Looker: I think we all REALLY appreciate you replacing into our 28 page long day one...cannot say that enough. I think the things we are most curious to know are:

1.) Who are the people you find most scummy?
2.) Although we all know you cannot speak for Cubarey, what do you make of him going after X on such a flimsy case?
3.) Do you think that Cubarey's behavior was scummy compared to some of the other less active people? If so, why? If not, then what do you make of some people's fixation on this slot?
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Looker wrote:Idiotking, who do you think is scum?
At this point, I don't know. I honestly don't know. I'm leaning towards Wall-E still, but now Sajin seems a little bad, too. And I can't see a connection at all between them, unless I'm just missing something important.
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:08 am

Post by Kreriov »

Back and reading. I am adding observations as I go through the thread.

First off, the whole Sajin is trying to limit info thing is a bit off, on both sides. Basically I don't think Sajin was saying not to talk during twilight. I think he was saying if we have decided to lynch someone (I am guessing Wall-E), then we should do it and stop giving the scum more info to make a better informed night kill. I follow his reasoning, I just think he made a mistake in his assumption that we have decided to lynch someone. Until there are 7 votes on one person, no decision has been made.

@Sajin - If you think we should lynch Wall-E now and have done with it, say so and back it up.
qwints wrote:IK, If Wall-E was town, that would not mean that you were scum. It would make it more likely that you were scum because of the fact that you've tunneled on Wall-E so much. It's certainly possible that you might be a honestly mistaken townie.
QFT
Idiotking wrote:
X wrote:
Idiotking wrote:Not rolefishing at all. It's actually the opposite of that; I'm saying there's no way we could EVER know Wall-E's real role until he's dead, so we shouldn't try to figure it out unless Wall-E suddenly becomes very, very cooperative.
Once you start talking about roles other than Town v. Scum, it can be rolefishing, or at least speculating. You were definitely speculating on Wall-E being a PR.
If that's true, it was unintentional. I personally don't want to know his role, because I won't believe it no matter what he says. If he's a vanilla then I already know it. If he's a power role, he's already claimed vanilla, so why would I believe him? There would be no point. Is this still speculation? I'm not used to dealing with roleclaims like this, so for technique training purposes, I need to know.
Maybe it was unintentional, maybe not. It doesn't matter if you believe a PR claim or not. On Day 1, it would be pretty stupid to lynch someone claiming a PR if there is no CC, so role fishing on day 1 is bad. Its also why claiming VT so early and for no real reason is bad.

Finally, welcome Looker!

And for my last observation after being gone for the weekend:

yb is talking about me.
yellowbunny wrote:
3.) Do you think that Cubarey's behavior was scummy compared to some of the other less active people? If so, why? If not, then what do you make of some people's fixation on this slot?
Go back and reread my posts and Cubarey's posts. It really seems to me that Cubarey was trying to fabricate a case against X. I am the one who has 'fixated' on this and have been wanting to see how Cubarey reacted when called on it. I know you cannot answer for Cubarey, but please give me your thoughts on the matter.

Until Looker can reply
Unvote
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Jase »

@Sajin-This is the explanation to your post 624.
Jase wrote:As for the explanation you wanted, I was referring to your post 610, where you seem to say that having more information today would be good for scum...?
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:22 am

Post by Wall-E »

Idiotking wrote:
Sajin wrote:If you think lynch all liars is incredibly scummy IK your an idiot.

And I still think that was a slip. Your waiting for night.
Did I SAY "lynch all liars" is incredibly scummy? Did I even MENTION "lynch all liars"?

And no, it wasn't a slip... now it looks like you're grasping for straws, just like Wall-E was. Why do you want to shut off discussion so badly? Why do you say I'm waiting for night, when it's YOU that wants to rush things?
look who got caught in a slip
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:33 am

Post by Jase »

Welcome looker. If you could do your best to answer for your predecessor, I'd appreciate it.

post 682-Scum may not appear connected.

@Wall-E-I'm not seeing the slip you're referring to.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:45 am

Post by qwints »

Wall-E wrote:
qwints wrote:Wwwwwaaaaaaa-llleeeee!
Where are you?

On another note,

Because I don't think it's clear, I want to clarify why my original reasoning about Wall-E being town implicating hero was incorrect:

I said that scum often ask permission to hammer townies, but don't to hammer partners.
I challenge this idea and everything you predicate upon it. How do you know this is a tendency and that your statement here is accurate?
Experience combined with reason. The most common mistakes made by scum are predicated on their informational advantage - in this case, an unwillingness to press for a hammer without explicit permission from townies. It's certainly not an iron clad tell.
wall-e wrote: look who got caught in a slip
Could you clarify what you are referring to?

Finally, Wall-e, who do you think are the two scummiest players right now and why? 4 sentences since being called out for lurking is not sufficient.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by Looker »

will be gettin to the questions as soon as all the reading's done
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by Sajin »

Jase wrote:@Sajin-This is the explanation to your post 624.
Jase wrote:As for the explanation you wanted, I was referring to your post 610, where you seem to say that having more information today would be good for scum...?
I read this before...I want more than that. I answered your question fully.

@Krieov, Walle should be lynched today. He claimed a non confirmable role as soon as a slight pressure was put on him. This makes him look suspicious. He will make us lose endgame because I don't think he has successfully defended himself and thus will be the probable WIFOM choice for LY/LO. I was thinking that a majority was already thinking he had not succesfully defended himself as of posting (and that the lack of 7 votes was not due to opinion but due to lurker/replacements). I however have not changed my opinion of this.

Statistically he should be the days lynch. It lowers the odds of a PR being outed, while having the same odds at potential scum based on non post content variables. IK replied it could be a town gambit to this, but gambits day 1 are retarded. IMO IK just wants to pressure other people to get PRs to claim. In fact this is exactly why I am advocating this lynch. Lets not get our best defenses nullified when they do not need to be.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by X »

@670, I <3 qwints.
Looker wrote:familiar faces-uh, avatars...
Hello, God! I mean...
Wall-E wrote:look who got caught in a slip
I don't understand this.

And guys, I don't know how many times I have to say this, but Wall-E should not be lynched based on claiming Vanilla. Claiming so early is a tell, and there are other reasons that I've enumerated (and he is still ignoring).
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Sajin »

X wrote:@670, I <3 qwints.
Looker wrote:familiar faces-uh, avatars...
Hello, God! I mean...
Wall-E wrote:look who got caught in a slip
I don't understand this.

And guys, I don't know how many times I have to say this, but Wall-E should not be lynched based on claiming Vanilla. Claiming so early is a tell, and there are other reasons that I've enumerated (and he is still ignoring).
So as of my last post do you agree/disagree with the non FOS content of paragraph 2?

I support a Walle lynch based on post content too btw, the statistics part of it only adds to it, just to clarify.
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by yellowbunny »

Sajin wrote: I still think we should lynch walle because he claimed and he claimed a non verifiable role. Do some math, it makes sense.
Your above post makes it seem like your problem with Wall-e is based mostly on his content (with the claim only "adding to it"), but most of your previous posts (for example, the one quoted above) focus mostly in on the claim. Why the shift in position?
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by X »

I think the statistic reasons to lynch Vanilla Today are infinitesimal in comparison to the content reasons. And the numbers are slightly in favor of lynching a claimed Vanilla, but it's such a minor reason that it doesn't deserve being talked about.

If this is the FoS part, I agree with it.
Sajin wrote:IMO IK just wants to pressure other people to get PRs to claim.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Yes, that's my EXACT reasoning... /sarcasm

Are you people not listening when I say I don't CARE what role you have? Roleclaiming to me would mean NOTHING at this point. I don't give a damn what role you have if you're a townie, just so long as you're a townie.

I don't understand how you can misunderstand the phrase "I don't want to know your role if you're a townie".
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by Sajin »

yellowbunny wrote:
Sajin wrote: I still think we should lynch walle because he claimed and he claimed a non verifiable role. Do some math, it makes sense.
Your above post makes it seem like your problem with Wall-e is based mostly on his content (with the claim only "adding to it"), but most of your previous posts (for example, the one quoted above) focus mostly in on the claim. Why the shift in position?
Claim is the dominating reason (less chance for outing PRs). His weak defense early added to it. I fail to see how I shifted stances.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by qwints »

X wrote: And guys, I don't know how many times I have to say this, but Wall-E should not be lynched based on claiming Vanilla. Claiming so early is a tell, and there are other reasons that I've enumerated (and he is still ignoring).
Just to be clear:

You favor lynching Wall-E, right?
You're only saying that his claim is not sufficient warrant on its own?
Idiotking wrote:Roleclaiming to me would mean NOTHING at this point
I find that very hard to believe, and it would be problematic if it were true. It would mean something even if it didn't save Wall-E from a lynch.
Idiotking wrote: I don't understand how you can misunderstand the phrase "I don't want to know your role if you're a townie"
That's a very easy phrase to misunderstand because "townie" is ambiguous. It could refer to either role ("vanilla") or alignment ("pro-town").

Does anybody besides Jase think Wall_E is a bad lynch?

People who've said they're ok with his lynch:

Qwints

Sajin in post 691
Sajin wrote: I support a Walle lynch based on post content too btw, the statistics part of it only adds to it, just to clarify.
X in post 619
X wrote: And I think we
should
lynch Wall-E, in the likelihood that we
have
to lynch him to win.
Idiotking? in post 505 - though he has retreated somewhat
Idiotking wrote: Ok. Wall-E. You fail. Your defense is so pathetically hollow that it's sickening.
If you've got anything else to say, fine. Do as I ask and list your arguments against me as I have against you. But as far as I'm concerned, this day is over. I'm just waiting for someone to hammer and put an end to this nightmare.
Hero in post 660
Hero764 wrote: If I thought the best move was to lynch Wall-E I would've done it. I didn't know if it was the best move though, and I was just asking the town if it would be. I said I had no problem lynching him, yeah, but I didn't make some stupid mistake. I didn't think I would be wrong in asking for advice.
yellowbunny in post 603
yellowbunny wrote: (Although if it comes down a deadline, I'd support a Wall-e lynch.)

People who've said Wall is scummy

Looker in post 679
Looker wrote:I'm guessin' either [hero] or Wall-e [is scum] but i really want to know what you think
Kreriov in post 630
Kreriov wrote: I also think Wall-E is probably scum. He has not reacted well under pressure.
Ojanen in Post 331
Ojanen wrote: You vote, get some flak for it and unvote. You disappear for a couple of days, get some flak for lurking and come back with the same argument and vote again. That looks scummy.
Burfy in Post 246
burfy wrote: i would not vote for anyone other than Wall-E because i thought he was scummiest but i didn't vote for him because i didn't find the evidence worthy of a vote.

People who said Wall-E is not scummy

Jase
Post 488
Jase wrote:Also I forgot to
unvote

I don't really think Wall-E is scum especially considering his post 483.

If anyone objects to my classification of them, please let me know.

Jase, given your lone objector status, I want a case from you on who you think we should lynch instead of Wall-E. Re-reading your posts in iso, you seem to have been active lurking this past month.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by Wall-E »

uhoh

looks like qwints wants me or SOMEONE ELSE to die tonight

do YOU have any alternatives, qwints?
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by qwints »

Wall-E wrote:uhoh

This is not the kind of question that will prevent your lynch Wall-E. Try harder, scum.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by Wall-E »

qwints wrote:
Wall-E wrote:uhoh

This is not the kind of question that will prevent your lynch Wall-E. Try harder, scum.
Is there a problem with answering the question? My point was going to be that it seems to be loaded. "Excuse me, madam, but would you rather I throw away this rotten tomato or one of these other tomatos?"

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”