Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

After some time spent arguing and trying to decide who to kill off first, the town finally decides on Walnut just minutes before nightfall.

The bloodthirsty mob march the unfortunate legume to the gallows and string him up. As his corpse swings in the slight breeze they go and search his house, finding first a noose, recently trimmed of stray strands in order to make tightening it around its victim's neck easier. Next, they come across a hammah which has just recently been polished.

Looks like Walnut was an amazingly violent person in life. Guess he wasn't scum then.

Walnut, Vanilla townie
, lynched Day 1.

It is now Night One. If you have a Night action, please send it to me via PM by Tuesday, April 28, at 8pm EST.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:53 am

Post by Kairyuu »

madeofphail replaced PhilyEc, effective immediately.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

You all wake up in the morning and meet at the town square, ready to start another day of slaughtering each other for fun and profit. But wait, there are some of you missing.

First, you go to magnus_orion's house, and begin to snoop around. You find him laying in his bed with his throat cut, dead as a doornail.

magnus_orion:
vanilla townie
has been killed Night 1.

Then you go to visit riceballtail, who also failed to show up. You find him/her (sorry, I dunno your gender) sitting in a chair, calm as can be. Only one problem. There is a hole in his/her head. You can't find the bullet though. must have been removed.

riceballtail:
vanilla townie
has been killed Night 1.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by caf19 »

Firstly, I'm eager to hear what madeofphail makes of Day 1. 'You' were my top suspect yesterday, madeofphail, so I'm particularly interested in you.

Secondly, MafiaSSK has shot up my scumdar with those flips. With approximately two words of explanation on each, he first voted magnus (a confirmed townie), then me (a townie obv), and finally Walnut (a confirmed townie). He seemed happy enough to lynch any of those three. Being laconic is one thing, but this is just voting townies repeatedly and with next to no explanation. SSK, I expect more from you today. Proper expansion on your reasoning, please - I'm not going to let you get away with how you played yesterday.

Thirdly, less lurking from everyone today plz. Seraphim, finished reading yet? Trumpet, we haven't heard from you in a while either.
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
madeofphail
madeofphail
Goon
madeofphail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by madeofphail »

Personally, I'm not truly done analysing Day one. When catching up on posts, I try to imagine facial expressions based on the wording of people's posts, I find that it helps to find panicking people under pressure. After all, you wouldn't be worried If you had nothing to hide, right?

Beyond that, since its day two, there are two things that I like to do at the start of a new day:
1). Look at who was nightkilled, and speculate why.
2). look back at the actions of the deceased and see what made them liable to be targeted.
---------------------------------------------------
That being said, something is troubling me.
1). There were two nightkills. They had a little storyline behind each, so there is a clear distinguishment, beyond that we don't know who (or what for that matter) killed who. For example, we know that there is scum, after all it isn't a bastard game, so we could probably attribute a kill to them. But the second kill could be attributed to a variety of roles. I think it would be beneficial to see what role provided these kills. Reason being I'd rather lynch something scum or a serial killer rather than something like a vig.
The name is quite fitting, don't you think?
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

Just checking in, I have information, but short on time. I'll come back after other people have posted. Sorry to do this.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

caf19 wrote:Thirdly, less lurking from everyone today plz. Seraphim, finished reading yet?
Trumpet, we haven't heard from you in a while either.
"...and the Understatement of the Week Award goes to caf19!"

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've been notPosting, I get it. I'll try to be better about that. No guarantees, though, what with major testing starting tomorrow. (Speaking of which, I really oughta go to bed now.)
madeofphail wrote:I think it would be beneficial to see what role provided these kills. Reason being I'd rather lynch something scum or a serial killer rather than something like a vig.
Well, if you look at the kill flavor... I mean, I think it's pretty obvious what roles killed which players.

Waiting to hear what B_B has to say before I really make a move.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:00 am

Post by Nocmen »

Pretty uneventful day so far...and I'm very dissappointed that RBT came up town.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:43 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

caf19 wrote:
Secondly, MafiaSSK has shot up my scumdar with those flips. With approximately two words of explanation on each, he first voted magnus (a confirmed townie), then me (a townie obv), and finally Walnut (a confirmed townie). He seemed happy enough to lynch any of those three. Being laconic is one thing, but this is just voting townies repeatedly and with next to no explanation. SSK, I expect more from you today. Proper expansion on your reasoning, please - I'm not going to let you get away with how you played yesterday.

Thirdly, less lurking from everyone today plz. Seraphim, finished reading yet? Trumpet, we haven't heard from you in a while either.
It's my playstyle. Read other games of mine and you'll learn that.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by caf19 »

MafiaSSK wrote:
caf19 wrote:

Right. So, who looks suspicious to you, given the flips we've seen?
caf

magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

Oh, I'm allowed a bah post under these rules.

Very well then, I better make this count:

BAH!

hmmm... feels lacking..
oh well.
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

caf19 wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
caf19 wrote:

Right. So, who looks suspicious to you, given the flips we've seen?
You. Still.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:26 pm

magnus_orion wrote:Oh, I'm allowed a bah post under these rules.

BAH!

hmmm... feels lacking..
oh well.
Screw it, scum won't post. I watched Magnus last night. One visitor: Isacc.

Ergo scum and all that crap:

Vote Isacc
Show
6-4-1
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 1:03 am

Post by Isacc »

Beyond_Birthday wrote:

BAH!

hmmm... feels lacking..
oh well.

Vote Isacc
Haha, nice. Interesting gambit. Unfortunately for you, you've been caught in the lie.

I am the town Tracker, and I tracked BB. BB targeted Magnus last night. In his words:
Vote: Beyond_Birthday
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 10:58 am

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

...well, then.

Vote: Isacc.

Two reasons:

1) Isacc's claim does not preclude the existence of another player who targeted Magnus. Even if he's telling the truth, "B_B=scum" is a non sequitur.

2) If B_B's lying, he's got some serious cojones. Especially since he claimed first, and we should be nowhere near lylo - there is no good reason for scum to claim unprovoked at this point.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 1:22 pm

Trumpet of Doom wrote:...well, then.

Vote: Isacc.

Two reasons:

1) Isacc's claim does not preclude the existence of another player who targeted Magnus. Even if he's telling the truth, "B_B=scum" is a non sequitur.

2) If B_B's lying, he's got some serious cojones. Especially since he claimed first, and we should be nowhere near lylo - there is no good reason for scum to claim unprovoked at this point.
Nice and logical agreement. Nice.

Anyway, shall we continue to lynching Isacc?
Show
6-4-1
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Votecount 1 of D2:

Isacc
(2): Beyond_Birthday; Trumpet of Doom
Beyond_Birthday
(1): Isacc

Not Voting (6): Nocmen; Seraphim; caf19; madeofphail; MafiaSSK; Dourgrim

Dourgrim has requested replacement. He apologizes profusely, but he will not be able to keep up during his recovery. If any of you can help me find one I would be greatly appreciative.
madeofphail
madeofphail
Goon
madeofphail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by madeofphail »

Facts:
Beyond_Birthday wrote:

BAH!

hmmm... feels lacking..
oh well.

Vote Isacc
Isacc's response wrote:Haha, nice. Interesting gambit. Unfortunately for you, you've been caught in the lie.

I am the town Tracker, and I tracked BB. BB targeted Magnus last night. In his words:

Quote:

Vote: Beyond_Birthday
We Don't even know the roles, so what is to say there even is a watcher or tracker?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Theory:

Possibilities:
1).One of these is scum covering their ass, and the other is town.
A). BB is scum trying desperately to Lynch Isacc for some reason.

B). Isacc is scum reaching for straws to defend himself. (no way to back up the fact that he is tracker, anyone could have made their argument after BB said that he targeted magnus.)
----------------------------------------------
Statements:

Quite frankly, I'm not at all happy with both players doing something like this. I'm fairly sure that at least one of them is right, and so whichever one is not fakeclaiming just gave the scum (or possibly non-town aligned killing role.) a free power role kill! Not a smart move on either person's part...

Why bring power roles into scumhunting this early? You're helping out power roles early in the game! That being said, Trumpet of doom makes a good case that BB is telling the truth because it was unprovoked claim. So Im gunna agree with you guys on this point.

Vote:Isacc
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by caf19 »

The probability of Isacc being scum is way higher than that of BB being scum. He's definitely the right lynch.

I think everyone should check in before we rush to end the day though. Nocmen, Seraphim - what do you think of events thus far?
caf

Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by Isacc »

Trumpet wrote:1) Isacc's claim does not preclude the existence of another player who targeted Magnus. Even if he's telling the truth, "B_B=scum" is a non sequitur.

1) Would be logical, normally. However, B_B's lie about me targeting Magnus results in the only logical conclusion being that he is scum (or town lying, but in this situation I see no reason for town to lie).

2) Well, it sure seems to be working predictably. You're all jumping on his bandwagon quite fast, doncha think? Seems like it wasn't such a crazy strategy to pull off.

If you guys really think I am the more likely scum here, I think you should consider BB's play end of the last day. Post 339, he jumps on the Walnut wagon with pretty much no reasoning for his actual vote. He posts a lot of speculation about who would be scummy based on the flip, but never actually justifies his case. Commandeering a mislynch much?

In other news, in the event that I am mislynched, I would like to note:

1) Take a look at MadeofPhail. Starts of wanting to discuss night actions (DING DING DING) and then jumps pretty quick on this wagon.

2) I'd watch out for Caf19. Notice his last post says I am the right lynch, but he fails to actually vote me, and asks others' opinions first. Seems like he wants to make sure he's getting on the popular wagon before he commits.

3) MafiaSSK is another Walnut wagon surprise. I don't really think he ever gave any explanation at all for that vote.

4) Nocmen is obvtown by 382.

Yeah I know, early to be giving "If I get lynched" sentiments, but I am going to be gone all of tomorrow, and most of sunday.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

caf19 wrote:The probability of Isacc being scum is way higher than that of BB being scum. He's definitely the right lynch.

I think everyone should check in before we rush to end the day though. Nocmen, Seraphim - what do you think of events thus far?
QFT.
Vote Issaac
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Isacc wrote:
3) MafiaSSK is another Walnut wagon surprise. I don't really think he ever gave any explanation at all for that vote.
If I vote a person, they are scummy. That is my only reasoning if there is no other text in that post.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 1:46 am

Post by caf19 »

Isacc wrote:2) I'd watch out for Caf19. Notice his last post says I am the right lynch, but he fails to actually vote me, and asks others' opinions first. Seems like he wants to make sure he's getting on the popular wagon before he commits.
I don't want to end the day prematurely. You were at L-2 then and are at L-1 now.
caf

Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 5:02 am

Isacc wrote:1) Would be logical, normally. However, B_B's lie about me targeting Magnus results in the only logical conclusion being that he is scum (or town lying, but in this situation I see no reason for town to lie).
Caught scum. Logical argument results in:

BB claims Isacc is scum, 100%. Isacc claims BB is scum, 100% certain.

Logical conclusions:
Both are scum.
Isacc is scum because BB is unprovoked.
BB was stupid and claimed to try and prove someone else was scum.
BB doesn't recieve full results on who visited Isacc, but since Isacc did not fess up to visiting Magnus, this is false. Therefore.

The odds BB is scum are 49%. Odds Isacc is scum are 51%.

Conclusion: Vote Isacc.

Everyone should at least speak before Isacc is lynched, if this hasn't happened yet.
Show
6-4-1
madeofphail
madeofphail
Goon
madeofphail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 9:25 am

Post by madeofphail »

Isacc in post 394 wrote: 2) Well, it sure seems to be working predictably. You're all jumping on his bandwagon quite fast, doncha think? Seems like it wasn't such a crazy strategy to pull off.

1) Take a look at MadeofPhail. Starts of wanting to discuss night actions (DING DING DING) and then jumps pretty quick on this wagon.
To adress this matter, I still do not see how discussing night actions is scummy. I may be new, but when it gets down to it, the way I see it is that a night action is an action nonetheless, and thus can be used as evidence, just like any other statements or actions. If the wiki says that discussing night actions is scummy, then I have a generallised statement to apply to that: The wiki is a written, generalised statement. I have never found a written suggestion to be completely infallible. Furthermore, it is a reference piece of literature, not a manual.

As for jumping pretty quickly on the wagon: If that is your only rebuttal, then I am afraid that you are not doing a very good job. I'm not wagoning, I stated my reasons, and I think that maybe to make this clearer I will elaborate.

I think Issac is scum because my conclusions have been:
1). BB isn't lying. I'm pretty sure for a few reasons.

a). he specifically calls out a specific person, scum don't try to get a mislynch so specifically (at least not in my experience).

I).This is because they will nightkill strong players who will not be mislynched easily. After reading the flavor, it does make it clearer that magnus was the mafia kill, and this matter proves this point. Mafia don't care who gets mislynched, as long as somebody does. Mafia generally don't press incredibly hard on someone's lynch.

b). He claims in rebuttal, instead of just trying to undermine the claim of BB.
II).A pro-town power role claiming in Day 2 is really suspscious if it is unprovoked. It looks like they are just trying to gain immunity early in the game. But Isacc defend himself with a
claim
. This seems to suggest that even he aknowledges that BB is really the power role watcher, and that he scrambles to think of a semi-likely explanation to defend himself. But Isacc goes on to believe that He is scum, even though he practically aknowledged that BB is the watcher.
---------------------------------------------

But just for the sake of argument, lets present ourselves with the hypothetical situation of Isacc telling the truth. In which case I have a question:
Why would he investigate BB in the first place? What makes BB seem like a likely scum candidate worthy of being watched?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”