The Werewolves of Millers Hollow (Game Over)

Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Percy »

Mufasa 743 wrote:@ Percy i would stop defending my self and give my opinions but it seems like certain people are persistent on old news and don't give a shake.
FoS: Mufasa

@Firestarter: You do realise that the part of dingo's post you quoted was addressed to Dr Pepper, right? How exactly did I earn your FoS?
dingoatemybaby
dingoatemybaby
Goon
dingoatemybaby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:35 am

Post by dingoatemybaby »

Sorry. I'm an idiot. I'm sneaking in to post while working. I meant to

Unvote
Vote Pepper

God I'm incompetent sometimes.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:36 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Percy, since when did it become a crime to defend someone you believe to be town from a mislynch?
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:17 am

Post by Percy »

It's not. However, you haven't stated
why
you think he's town.

You were asked:
MikeSC6 732 wrote:You're acting funny here, Zwet. Answering for Mufasa? Refusing to believe that there's anything in his scummy behaviour? It would be okay if you said
why
you thought all of these various scummy posts were merely mistakes. What we have is your opinion, but we don't know the reasoning behind it.
...which is essentially where I'm coming from. I find responses like this:
zwetschenwasser 733 wrote:My opinion is the reasoning.
...to be scummy. If he really is just a confused, busy pro-town player, then he's playing like a confused, busy anti-town player. Making excuses for him is more than a little bizarre. He's also at L-3, by my count. Why do you think he's in such a great deal of danger?
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by Mufasa »

Looking at the game time frame, the Deadline was May 23rd + x wow a wicked long time frame. Was thinking it was April, so was a little bit in confusion.

Anyways how is what I said in response to percy's question anything to do with talking about others mistakes? He said to go scum hunt somewheres else and that was my reply. Just wanted to make that clear.
Dr Pepper
Dr Pepper
Goon
Dr Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by Dr Pepper »

I am glad Yosarian2 sees what I am getting at. Since dingo has had time to answer my question but chosen to ignore it, I will continue forward. I understand your stance, but you have no reason to be pushing it. And now you are distancing yourself from it.

I didn't call dingo out until after he psoted
dingoatemybaby in post 638 wrote:
Percy wrote: Calling out lurkers, voting for them and demanding quality participation doesn't seem like a bad idea. I don't have much experience, so I can't comment on its overall efficacy, but I'm willing to give it a spin.
I'm sure that calling out lurkers is a good idea. However, you suggested you would keep your vote on him until he provided "excellent" scum hunting. That seems to me a way to keep a vote out there which won't really do anything.
It is an easy way to avoid committing to an actual lynch.
Bold added for what I am most curious about. dingo implies that Percy's lurker hunt is a way to avoid commiting to a lynch. I think dingo is trying to split hairs when it is pretty clear what he intended.

Percy stated to keep his vote on ZONEACE. dingo didnt like this statement and criticized him for it. The only logical reason to make a statement is to affect change. dingo further backs up the criticism by saying Percy might be voting ZONEACE to 'avoid commiting to an actual lynch'. I respond with if Percy avoids commting then criticism may be warranted, but until then Percy has solid ground to stand on. Now dingo is back peddaling.

unvote
lynch vote dingoatemybaby

Dont worry Mufasa scum, I'll be sure to finish you off if you are the lynch for today, especially since your discussion has been lacking. But right now I want to discuss dingo. I would also like others to chime in as well.
I think that ghostbusters is a pretty cool guy eh crosses the streams and doesnt afraid of no ghost.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

dingoatemybaby wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Um, he didn't say you "asked" him to change your vote. He said you "pushed" him to change his vote; considering the way you were attacking him for his "I won't change my vote unless..." comment, that actually seems pretty accurate to me.

Your earlier post really seemed to convey the message that you strongly disagreed with his vote and his stated intent to keep his vote there. I find it a bit odd you seem to be distancing yourself from your earlier position there now...
My position has not changed, and Dr. Pepper's representation of my position is utterly false.
But...it's not.

I DID say that it was bad strategy to keep you vote on a person who is not posting regardless of whatever else is going on in the game.

I DID NOT say that Percy's vote was unreasonable in and of itself.
First of all, you didn't just say it was "bad stratagy". You specifically said that he was trying to avoid commenting on a lynch, which implies that you think he is scum because of it.

And if you attack someone for doing X, then it is perfectly reasonable to say "You are trying to push that person into not doing X". So Pepper was entierly accurate in saying "you were trying to push Percy into removing his vote", when you attacked him for not being willing to move his vote.

Frankly, I'm starting to think you're scum at this point, possibly with Zoneace; you didn't want Percy to keep his vote on Zoneace indefinatly, but you are now trying to deny that that was your position and actually are attacking Dr. Pepper just for saying that. The only logical reason I can think of for that is if you were trying to protect Zoneace, but didn't want anyone to notice you were protecting him.

Unvote

Vote:Dingoatemybaby

(Again, remember everyone; this is a double vote.)
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Percy wrote:If he really is just a confused, busy pro-town player, then he's playing like a confused, busy anti-town player. Making excuses for him is more than a little bizarre. He's also at L-3, by my count. Why do you think he's in such a great deal of danger?
Percy makes good points here. Mufasa may have limited access but has not made a clear distinction between pro-town and anti-town. The pressure on him is justified and Zwet, at first, appears to be over-reacting. But it looks more like Zwet is just trying to explain his position and I don’t see anything wrong with the one he takes or how he’s been taking it in response to accusations on him.
dingoatemybaby wrote:That seems to me a way to keep a vote out there which won't really do anything. It is an easy way to avoid committing to an actual lynch.
Did you think Percy was doing this intentionally? Do you think any town player would do it? If so, why?
dingoatemybaby
dingoatemybaby
Goon
dingoatemybaby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:17 am

Post by dingoatemybaby »

Dr Pepper wrote:I am glad Yosarian2 sees what I am getting at. Since dingo has had time to answer my question but chosen to ignore it, I will continue forward. I understand your stance, but you have no reason to be pushing it. And now you are distancing yourself from it.
I do believe you understand my stance. How could you not, after it has been explained to you so many times? The fact that you understand it and still misrepresent it is scummy indeed.

And I am not "distancing" myself from my real stance. I am pointing out that I have never held the stance you are claiming I have. Here is my real stance, yet again.

Voting for a lurker is fine. Saying you will keep your vote on the lurker regardless of opf how scummy anyone else is is not fine.
Dr Pepper wrote:
dingoatemybaby in post 638 wrote: I'm sure that calling out lurkers is a good idea. However, you suggested you would keep your vote on him until he provided "excellent" scum hunting. That seems to me a way to keep a vote out there which won't really do anything.
It is an easy way to avoid committing to an actual lynch.
Bold added for what I am most curious about. dingo implies that Percy's lurker hunt is a way to avoid commiting to a lynch. I think dingo is trying to split hairs when it is pretty clear what he intended.

Percy stated to keep his vote on ZONEACE. dingo didnt like this statement and criticized him for it. The only logical reason to make a statement is to affect change. dingo further backs up the criticism by saying Percy might be voting ZONEACE to 'avoid commiting to an actual lynch'. I respond with if Percy avoids commting then criticism may be warranted, but until then Percy has solid ground to stand on. Now dingo is back peddaling.
Now let's blod the part of my quote that you refuse to acknowledge.
dingoatemybaby in post 638 wrote:
I'm sure that calling out lurkers is a good idea. However, you suggested you would keep your vote on him until he provided "excellent" scum hunting.
That seems to me a way to keep a vote out there which won't really do anything. It is an easy way to avoid committing to an actual lynch.
See that? I am not trying to get him to change his vote. I am trying to get him to change the conditions under which he would be willing to change his vote. There is a stark and clear difference between the two. I know you are not stupid. Therefore you are lying.
dingoatemybaby
dingoatemybaby
Goon
dingoatemybaby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:31 am

Post by dingoatemybaby »

Yosarian2 wrote: First of all, you didn't just say it was "bad stratagy". You specifically said that he was trying to avoid commenting on a lynch, which implies that you think he is scum because of it.
Untrue. Please quote me "specifically" saying "he was trying to avoid commenting on a lynch". I said his strategy was one that could be used to avoid "committing" to an actual lynch. As I said before, it IS a strategy that I personally used in my last game to avoid committing to a lynch.
Yosarian2 wrote:And if you attack someone for doing X, then it is perfectly reasonable to say "You are trying to push that person into not doing X".
True. But I did NOT attack Percy for voting for Zoneace. I attacked him for the conditions he required before he would be willing to change his vote. So it is not "perfectly reasonable" to say I was pushing Percy to not vote for Zoneace. It is "perfectly reasonable" to say I was pushing for Percy to change the conditions under which he would be willing to change his vote.

Yosarian2 wrote:you didn't want Percy to keep his vote on Zoneace indefinatly
Again, untrue. I never said Percy should not keep his vote on Zoneace for as long as it was appropriate. I said there should be conditions, other than the one Percy stated, which would cause him to change his vote.

Note too that you personally have employed the strategy I have said Percy should use. When you saw someone you believed to be acting more scummy that Zoneace, you changed your vote. Percy's strategy does not allow for that.

Isn't it funny that you voted to lynch me for my endorsement of a strategy that you, yourse4lf, employ? For reference, he was the line from Percy that I criticized. I have underlined the part that I objected to.
Percy wrote:I am going to
Vote: ZONEACE
until he comes up with some fucking
excellent
scumhunting.
Percy himself understood what I was saying.
Percy wrote: I don't think dingo didn't like my vote. I think he didn't like that I said I would keep it there until ZONEACE's replacement actually contributed to the game. He wasn't asking me to change it; he thought it was scummy that I wasn't willing to change it.

"You should be willing to change your vote"
is not the same as
"You should change your vote".
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:58 am

Post by Firestarter »

Firestarter wrote:Guys, I haven't been at my PC since yesterday.

If there's anything outstanding, I wont be able to answer/post thoughts until tomorrow.
('') (':') ('')
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:22 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

dingoatemybaby wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote: First of all, you didn't just say it was "bad stratagy". You specifically said that he was trying to avoid commenting on a lynch, which implies that you think he is scum because of it.
Untrue. Please quote me "specifically" saying "he was trying to avoid commenting on a lynch". I said his strategy was one that could be used to avoid "committing" to an actual lynch. As I said before, it IS a strategy that I personally used in my last game to avoid committing to a lynch.
Ok. So you were accusing him of trying to use a scum tactic, right? As I said, you were attacking him for the threat he made of threatening to keep his vote on Zoneace unless Zoneace started scumhunting.
Yosarian2 wrote:And if you attack someone for doing X, then it is perfectly reasonable to say "You are trying to push that person into not doing X".
True. But I did NOT attack Percy for voting for Zoneace. I attacked him for the conditions he required before he would be willing to change his vote. So it is not "perfectly reasonable" to say I was pushing Percy to not vote for Zoneace. It is "perfectly reasonable" to say I was pushing for Percy to change the conditions under which he would be willing to change his vote.
Feh. Semantics, really. Especally since Percy had not actally kept his vote on Zoneace for very long or to the exclusion of other wagons, he had mearly threatened to do so.
Yosarian2 wrote:you didn't want Percy to keep his vote on Zoneace indefinatly
Again, untrue. I never said Percy should not keep his vote on Zoneace for as long as it was appropriate. I said there should be conditions, other than the one Percy stated, which would cause him to change his vote.

Note too that you personally have employed the strategy I have said Percy should use. When you saw someone you believed to be acting more scummy that Zoneace, you changed your vote. Percy's strategy does not allow for that.

Isn't it funny that you voted to lynch me for my endorsement of a strategy that you, yourse4lf, employ? For reference, he was the line from Percy that I criticized. I have underlined the part that I objected to.
Percy wrote:I am going to
Vote: ZONEACE
until he comes up with some fucking
excellent
scumhunting.
Percy himself understood what I was saying.
Oh, I don't think there was anything wrong with Percy saying that, but that's not really why I'm voting for you here.

Dr Pepper disliked your move, and he felt like you were trying to get Percy to move his vote off of Zoneace. Which is a competly rational reaction to your post; any reasonable person could read your post and see it as kind of a sideways way to try to discourage Percy from keeping his vote on Zoneace. You could have just defended your position or whatever and I would have been ok with it, but instead you responded with a massive over-reaction; you accused Dr Pepper of lying and of misrepresenting you, voted him, and have been attacking him since then. The degree of your response seems completly out of propotion to a rather rational and logical post by Dr Pepper, who didn't even FOS you in his initial post, and it makes me think that you may be hiding something, or that your motives may not be what you're saying they are.

Percy wrote: I don't think dingo didn't like my vote. I think he didn't like that I said I would keep it there until ZONEACE's replacement actually contributed to the game. He wasn't asking me to change it; he thought it was scummy that I wasn't willing to change it.

"You should be willing to change your vote"
is not the same as
"You should change your vote".
Perhaps not, but "you should be willing to change your vote" could very easily mean that you don't want him to keep his vote there long enough for Zoneace to be in danger, but don't want to actually say taht. Even if that wasn't your intent, you really don't understand why other people might decide that that may have been your motivation there?
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:37 am

Percy, it is scummy to a certain extent, but it's nowhere near enough of a case to lynch somebody.
dingoatemybaby
dingoatemybaby
Goon
dingoatemybaby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:38 am

Post by dingoatemybaby »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Ok. So you were accusing him of trying to use a scum tactic, right? As I said, you were attacking him for the threat he made of threatening to keep his vote on Zoneace unless Zoneace started scumhunting.
"Excellent scumhunting".
Yosarian2 wrote:
Feh. Semantics, really. Especally since Percy had not actally kept his vote on Zoneace for very long or to the exclusion of other wagons, he had mearly threatened to do so.
Not semantics. Two different things, which I repeatedly differentiated between, including in my initial post on the subject.

Yes, Percy did not follow through with his threatened strategy. You also chose not to use the strategy Percy threatened to use. Yet I am scummy because I said the strategy was not sound? You agree with Pepper that I should not have opposed such a strategy?
Yosarian2 wrote:
Oh, I don't think there was anything wrong with Percy saying that, but that's not really why I'm voting for you here.

Dr Pepper disliked your move, and he felt like you were trying to get Percy to move his vote off of Zoneace. Which is a competly rational reaction to your post; any reasonable person could read your post and see it as kind of a sideways way to try to discourage Percy from keeping his vote on Zoneace. You could have just defended your position or whatever and I would have been ok with it, but instead you responded with a massive over-reaction; you accused Dr Pepper of lying and of misrepresenting you, voted him, and have been attacking him since then. The degree of your response seems completly out of propotion to a rather rational and logical post by Dr Pepper, who didn't even FOS you in his initial post, and it makes me think that you may be hiding something, or that your motives may not be what you're saying they are.
I think you may want to read the discussion again. I didn't respond to his accusation by immediately voting for him. I corrected him.
dingoatemybaby wrote:
Dr Pepper wrote:dingo, I find that accusation of Percy not contributing to be unfounded. He is clearly performing player analysis, calling out lurkers, and keeping the game moving. He doesnt need to commit to a lynch so early. Maybe he doesnt want the popular lynch to occur. Maybe ZONEACE will be the lynch for the day.
I just don't like the declaration that his vote will stay on Zoneface until Zoneface starts playing in some "excellent" way. I didn't say that Percy was not contributing.
and corrected him again.
dingoatemybaby wrote:
Dr Pepper wrote:Also if you read the rest of my comments towards you, I explain what his vote is doing. It is putting pressure on ZONE to get in the game. Also, Percy does not have to contribute to a lynch if he doesnt want to. That itself is not scummy.

It is fine that you don't like Percy's vote stance, but you have yet to give a valid reason for him to change it.
I'm not asking him to change his vote. But that stance that he won't change his vote unless Zoneface provides excellent scumhunting? Not a solid position. Lurking can be scummy, but votes should eventually move to who ever is MOST scummy.

Keeping a vote on a lurker can be a useful play for scum. You have an excuse to not vote for a scum buddy. You will not be blamed for the lynching of a townie if the town is going after one of their own.

This is not to say lurkers should not be pressured. If he does not respond to prods, he should be replaced. If he responds to prods but continues to lurk, he should be considered a candidate for a lynch. Putting a vote on a lurker now probably does not do much.
and again
dingoatemybaby wrote:
Dr Pepper wrote: That is complete crap. Percy is actively contributing to other conversation. If someone else is being more scummy than feel free to convince him. Right now he has great interest in ZONEACE and finds his lurking to be the most scummy activity so far. Percy is not trying to avoid taking part in anything. Your arguement is vast stretch.
I think there is some disconnect in our communication here. I'm not concerned with Percy voting for Zoneface. I'm concerned about his statement that he intends to keep his vote there unless a specific condition is met by Zoneface.
and again
dingoatemybaby wrote:
Dr Pepper wrote:dingoatemybaby: Look at Percy now. He is actively participating while following another lead. Will you now try to paint Percy in such a fashion that he wasnt even close to possibly doing?
I suggest you go back and reread what I actually said about Percy. I was talking about a specific tactic he said he was going to use. I'm done trying to correct you on this. If you want to talk about what I actually said, fine. I'm not interested in defending misrepresentations of my position.
and again
dingoatemybaby wrote:
Dr Pepper wrote:@dingo: I havent misrepresented anything. You have been trying to make something scummy that wasnt. I never even accused you of being scummy yet. But I am now starting to wonder just what you are up too. Percy currently has a perfectly legitamate stance and unless it was reset, he is still voting ZONEACE/tubby while contributing and starting more discussion. You are being misleading and completely paranoid with outrageous accusations.
FoS dingo
There is that misrepresentation. I did NOT criticize Percy for voting for Zone. I've told you this enough times that your misrepresentation can not be anything but deliberate.

I criticized him for saying he would not unvote Zone unless Zone managed to accomplish "excellent scumhunting". Pledging not to vote for anyone else, no matter how scummy those people might be is NOT good play.

Also, I did NOT criticize Percy for voting for Zone.

And in conclusion, I did NOT criticize Percy for voting for Zone.

Here is what I said.
dingoatemybaby wrote:I'm sure that calling out lurkers is a good idea. However, you suggested you would keep your vote on him until he provided "excellent" scum hunting. That seems to me a way to keep a vote out there which won't really do anything. It is an easy way to avoid committing to an actual lynch.
and again
dingoatemybaby wrote:
Dr Pepper wrote:And I am saying the criticism is unwarranted.
Well, that is just silly. It is obvious that no one should limit themselves to voting for a specific person regardless of how scummy other people are.

I did not vote for him until it became clear he would not speak honestly about what I had actually said. I've even offered to remove my vote if he would simply provide a quote from me backing up his claim. He responded with an OMGUS vote against me. Just how many times should I allow Pepper to misrepresent what I said before I call him out a liar?
Yosarian2 wrote:]Perhaps not, but "you should be willing to change your vote" could very easily mean that you don't want him to keep his vote there long enough for Zoneace to be in danger, but don't want to actually say taht. Even if that wasn't your intent, you really don't understand why other people might decide that that may have been your motivation there?
He did not claim I had a hidden motivation. He claimed I said things I did not say.
Dr Pepper
Dr Pepper
Goon
Dr Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:00 am

Post by Dr Pepper »

Look dingo, the fact that you refuse to acknowledge that your actions and statements could be interpreted in anything other than what you say makes you ignorant. I am not a liar and I have stated my opinion. Just because you believe one thing doesnt make it true. If you were honestly trying to sort things, maybe you could listen and realize "Hey, that might look like what Dr Pepper is saying" and instead of calling me a liar.

Since you are refusing to acknowledge that I have a point, I am going to assume dingo is either scum or stupid. I quoted you several times to back up my arguement and instead you just ignore me.
dingoatemybaby wrote: I did not vote for him until it became clear he would not speak honestly about what I had actually said. I've even offered to remove my vote if he would simply provide a quote from me backing up his claim. He responded with an OMGUS vote against me. Just how many times should I allow Pepper to misrepresent what I said before I call him out a liar?
Here is what really happened, dingo voted for me when it became obvious that I would not let his idea slide. I understand his motives could be honest. But I saw another opinion and want to discuss it. dingo's responses have been less than townie. And just requoting yourself dingo to hide the original statement is not content, it is spam.

Oh and I notice you ignored Jahudo's question posed directly to dingo. One very similar to one I asked earlier. Again, good selective reading there dingo. Here is it again.
Jahudo wrote:
dingoatemybaby wrote:
That seems to me a way to keep a vote out there which won't really do anything. It is an easy way to avoid committing to an actual lynch.

Did you think Percy was doing this intentionally? Do you think any town player would do it? If so, why?
Oh and to counter this
dingoatemybaby wrote: He did not claim I had a hidden motivation. He claimed I said things I did not say.
with the truth
Dr Pepper in post 703 wrote: @dingo: I havent misrepresented anything. You have been trying to make something scummy that wasnt. I never even accused you of being scummy yet. But I am now starting to wonder just what you are up too.
I am not concerned with surviving because if I go down, I am landing on top of you.

This discussion wil hopefully pick things up since there is lurking and non-interaction by multiple members.

Mod: Can we get a prod on tubby since the replacement seems AWOL. He has only posted a few times to say 'I am still reading' and has been gone for three days.
I think that ghostbusters is a pretty cool guy eh crosses the streams and doesnt afraid of no ghost.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:05 am

Post by Jahudo »

I don't see scumtells in this line of discussion. Dr. Pepper went after something and seems to have a valid reasoning for doing so; dingo had a valid reasoning for the original statement to Percy and both look like town to me.

Maybe tubby and mufasa can bring a new perspective when they catch up.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Vote Count!

(3)Mufasa: Firestarter, Jahudo, MikeSC6
(3)dingoatemybaby: Dr Pepper, Yosarian2
(1)Tubby216: Percy
(1)Dr Pepper: dingoatemybaby
(0)zwetschenwasser:
MikeSC6
Barrylocke
Percy:
Yosarian2
Firestarter
Jahudo

Not Voting: zwetschenwasser Mufasa Barrylocke Tubby216

With 12 votes in play it takes 7 to lynch.

Tubby is being prodded.
dingoatemybaby
dingoatemybaby
Goon
dingoatemybaby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:01 am

Post by dingoatemybaby »

Dr Pepper wrote:Look dingo, the fact that you refuse to acknowledge that your actions and statements could be interpreted in anything other than what you say makes you ignorant. I am not a liar and I have stated my opinion. Just because you believe one thing doesnt make it true. If you were honestly trying to sort things, maybe you could listen and realize "Hey, that might look like what Dr Pepper is saying" and instead of calling me a liar.

Since you are refusing to acknowledge that I have a point, I am going to assume dingo is either scum or stupid. I quoted you several times to back up my arguement and instead you just ignore me.

Here is what really happened, dingo voted for me when it became obvious that I would not let his idea slide. I understand his motives could be honest. But I saw another opinion and want to discuss it. dingo's responses have been less than townie. And just requoting yourself dingo to hide the original statement is not content, it is spam.
I quoted our discussion because it is quite illustrative. Your first post could have been an honest mistake. But look how you ignore everything I have to say just so you can repeat that "mistake" over and over. You did not want to "discuss". You refuse to discuss. HOw many times do I need quote my original post back to you before you will acknowledge the words that are actually there?
Dr Pepper wrote:Oh and I notice you ignored Jahudo's question posed directly to dingo. One very similar to one I asked earlier. Again, good selective reading there dingo. Here is it again.
I didn't "ignore it". I read and post when I have time. And comging from you, who's entire strategy seems to be based on pretending you are too stupid to read, that is really rich.
Jahudo wrote:
dingoatemybaby wrote:

@Jahudo - I don't know if Percy was doing it intentionally. Maybe it was an empty threat. Maybe it was a threat that was not well thought out. Maybe it was a scum tactic. If I knew the answer, I would not have asked him about it. Town players can make mistakes or empty threats. Sure.
Dr Pepper wrote: with the truth
Dr Pepper in post 703 wrote: @dingo: I havent misrepresented anything. You have been trying to make something scummy that wasnt. I never even accused you of being scummy yet. But I am now starting to wonder just what you are up too.

Note that you STILL refuse to quote me trying to get Percy to change his vote. Note that you STILL refuse to acknowledge my corrections of your "misreading". Notice that you never expand upon or explain the way you logic your way from my actual words to what you claim I said. You just repeat the same lie over and over in the hopes that someone will believe you.

You say you just "interpreted" my words into the idea I wanted Percy to change his vote. Here is a quote. Show me how you "interpret" this into me wanting PErcy to change his vote.
dingoatemybaby wrote:
Percy wrote:Calling out lurkers, voting for them and demanding quality participation doesn't seem like a bad idea. I don't have much experience, so I can't comment on its overall efficacy, but I'm willing to give it a spin.
I'm sure that calling out lurkers is a good idea. However, you suggested you would keep your vote on him until he provided "excellent" scum hunting. That seems to me a way to keep a vote out there which won't really do anything. It is an easy way to avoid committing to an actual lynch.
That was my post to Percy. Note that I ONLY criticize the critera he is willing to consider when it comes to changing his vote. Note that not one other player has adopted this strategy. If the strategy is sound, why haven't you employed it?

Not that I expect you will finally find the courage to answer any of my questions.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:38 am

Jahudo wrote:I don't see scumtells in this line of discussion. Dr. Pepper went after something and seems to have a valid reasoning for doing so; dingo had a valid reasoning for the original statement to Percy and both look like town to me.

Maybe tubby and mufasa can bring a new perspective when they catch up.
QFFT
Dr Pepper
Dr Pepper
Goon
Dr Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:16 am

Post by Dr Pepper »

OK dingo, lets go to the board with some simple 2nd grade logic since you cant make the connection.
dingoatemybaby wrote: I'm sure that calling out lurkers is a good idea. However, you suggested you would keep your vote on him until he provided "excellent" scum hunting. That seems to me a way to keep a vote out there which won't really do anything. It is an easy way to avoid committing to an actual lynch.
dingoatemybaby wrote: Keeping a vote on a lurker can be a useful play for scum. You have an excuse to not vote for a scum buddy. You will not be blamed for the lynching of a townie if the town is going after one of their own.
First dingo says that Percy is not moving his vote, then he says not moving his vote is a scum tactic. He doesn't actually accuse Percy of anything, but leaves everyone to draw their own conclusion.

dingo's stance is
A) Percy is not moving his vote
B) Not moving your vote is a scum tactic
therefore the implication is drawn
C) Percy is using a scum tactic

He never actually says C, but the implication is there. And given how much he is back peddaling I think I found something useful. If dingo had said, well thats one interpretation but not what I meant, then I would have moved on. Instead he calls me a liar and accuses me of misrepresenting him. dingo, at least three other players see my point. Just acknowledge it exists and is reasonable.

zwets and Jahudo, do you wish to end the Pepper/dingo discussion for now? Is there another discussion you would like to see occuring?
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:20 am

End this pointless debate, my brethren, and concentrate on lynching the evil ones...
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Percy »

@Dr Pepper: Post 769 is true, and I'm sure dingo would agree. That's why he voted for me - he thought I was using a scum tactic. This is a self-evident fact.

You have disagreed that it is a scum tactic (and I agree with you there), but now you seem to be claiming that dingo never meant to imply that I was scummy. You've also said that dingo is "backpedalling" from this conclusion, but I just don't see it.

Now
this
is a better representation of the situation.

Dingo
(1) Percy voted, and was not willing to change it until the condition "excellent scumhunting" was met.
FACT

(2) Imposing this condition is a scum tactic.
OPINION

Therefore:
(3) Percy is using a scum tactic.
NECESSARY CONCLUSION

Dr Pepper
(A) dingo accused Percy of using a scum tactic in voting for ZONEACE/tubby.
FACT

(B) dingo may be scum with ZONEACE/tubby.
FACT

(C) dingo has not presented a good enough argument to show that (2) holds.
OPINION

Therefore:
(D) dingo may have other reasons for holding (2) beyond those currently stated.
POSSIBILITY

Therefore:
(E) dingo may be discouraging a vote on ZONEACE/tubby, for scummy reasons.
POSSIBILITY

Is this a fair and accurate summary of your positions?

Please answer this question, and then I'll do a re-read of the whole argument and look for possible scum/bus motives.

I'll also note that I
have
followed through with my strategy. I think it's important to not leave lurkers behind, and I don't want a lynch until tubby has had a chance to speak. When he does speak, I want him to be under a lot of pressure to generate good info for the town as fast as possible, and scrutinised while he does it. That's why my vote is (still) on him.
dingoatemybaby
dingoatemybaby
Goon
dingoatemybaby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by dingoatemybaby »

Dr Pepper wrote: First dingo says that Percy is not moving his vote
Lie. I talked about the conditions under which he was willing to move his vote. I've explained this to you at least a half a dozen times now.
Dr Pepper wrote:then he says not moving his vote is a scum tactic. /quote]

Again, a lie.
Dr Pepper wrote:He doesn't actually accuse Percy of anything,
But that didn't stop Pepper from claiming I did.

dingo's stance is
Dr Pepper wrote:A) Percy is not moving his vote
Lie. Show me one post where I asked him to move his vote.
Dr Pepper wrote:B) Not moving your vote is a scum tactic
Lie. I never said that Percy should move his vote. I said he places unreasonable restrictions on the the conditions under which he would change his vote.
Dr Pepper wrote:therefore the implication is drawn
C) Percy is using a scum tactic
Note how Pepper has to lie in his assumptions to get to the conclusion he wants.
Dr Pepper wrote:He never actually says C...
...nor is C implied by what he said, but if you ignore his actual words and pretend there is merit to the shit Pepper makes up, well then, you can believe anything.
Dr Pepper wrote:And given how much he is back peddaling I think I found something useful.
If I were back peddling, I wouldn't be quoting myself over and over. Notice that while you refuse to discuss what was actually said, I am willing and able to back up my claims with actual quotes. If you are not embarrassed by your conduct here, why do you whine when I quote our conversation?
Dr Pepper wrote:If dingo had said, well thats one interpretation but not what I meant, then I would have moved on. Instead he calls me a liar and accuses me of misrepresenting him.
Note how many times I corrected you before calling you a liar. I even suggested that there was a miscommunication and clarified my position for you. So I guess your last statement was just another lie. This seems to be a habit for you.

There is another disturbing trend in your posts. You almost never answer questions put to you. I even mocked your cowardice in my last post, as still you didn't answer.

@Pepper - Have you ever seen anyone dodge questions as much as you do who actually believes what they are saying?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Confirm vote: Dingo
dingoatemybaby
dingoatemybaby
Goon
dingoatemybaby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by dingoatemybaby »

Percy wrote:@Dr Pepper: Post 769 is true, and I'm sure dingo would agree. That's why he voted for me - he thought I was using a scum tactic. This is a self-evident fact.
No. But I can understand this confusion (because it is entirely my own doing). I was typing fast and meant to vote for Pepper. I change this vote the next time I came online to who I meant if for. Note that the entire post was about Pepper.

Percy wrote: Dingo
(1) Percy voted, and was not willing to change it until the condition "excellent scumhunting" was met.
FACT

(2) Imposing this condition is a scum tactic.
OPINION

Therefore:
(3) Percy is using a scum tactic.
NECESSARY CONCLUSION
No. I identified at least one scenario where it would not be a scum tactic. You could be a townie bluffing, which would be a town tactic. You could also actually think the tactic is sound, which would make you an townie playing a bad strategy. Note that I simply asked you about this. I did not FOS you or vote for you (except as a foolish goof) over it.

Percy wrote:I'll also note that I
have
followed through with my strategy. I think it's important to not leave lurkers behind, and I don't want a lynch until tubby has had a chance to speak. When he does speak, I want him to be under a lot of pressure to generate good info for the town as fast as possible, and scrutinised while he does it. That's why my vote is (still) on him.
What if he doesn't provide "excellent scum hunting" and only acts like an average townie? Tubby may not be capable of excellent play. What if someone else appears extremely scummy? Would you still prefer to pressure someone providing average scum hunting over someone who shows them self to almost certainly be scum? Would you argue others should follow your lead?

Here is my point. Your stated strategy is not sound under many plausible situations. Whether you are scummy can't be determined until or unless those situations arise.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”