charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:27 am

Post by charter »

Jimmy: Wow, what a what a great audience. So apparently Martha Stewart is out of jail. Have you have you heard about this, have you seen this? She's very excited to get started on her new show, "Martha Stewart Living, with an electronic ankle bracelet." So it looks like the Vatican has finally chosen a new Pope. Have you seen this, have you heard about this? A-a-apparently they're going to call him New Pope, a-and refer to John Paul as P-Pope Classic. Uh,.. so it so it looks like Michael Jackson is having back problem in court. You know... huh... you uh you know what they say about b-b-b-b-back problems.... Uh, uh gee, what a terrific audience. What a fantastic audience.

Vote Count

ZazieR - 1 (Debonair Danny DiPietro)
Empking - 1 (Spolium)
Spolium - 1 (Empking)

Not Voting (4)

Wall-E
ZazieR
mykonian
caf19

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!
Deadline is May 4th at midnight EST.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:13 am

Post by mykonian »

Zazie definately took the: grab a stick, pick a towny, and start hitting till he is lynched aproach on Spolium.

Seriously, I don't know who was more protown day one. I disagree a lot with a Spolium lynch.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:24 am

Post by mykonian »

vote Empking

FoS Zazie
(Hallo!)

Seriously, we pick the most protown player, lurking scum, and empking in one game, and empking lurks, till he can go for the protown player for one reason. It won't get better.

I must say that I didn't really have a feeling on DDD, that is the biggest gap I have, and that would need another reread, that I'm not going do now.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Wall-E »

You're going to have to ask me again, Spolium. I didn't see your @everyone thing and I still don't.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:44 am

Post by Spolium »

Spolium wrote:
@Everyone:
Tell me what you think of Empking, and give your opinion on our recent exchange. First chance you get.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Wall-E »

I think that Empking's no different than he normally is, meaning I have no idea what his alignment is. Your recent exchange didn't sell me on Empking being scum. It strikes me that a better defense on your part may have been to simply ignore his "reasoning" and his vote considering how obviously flawed the logic was, but I realize you were attacking rather than defending, in which case I'm null-minded on the whole ordeal.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:42 pm

Post by Spolium »

Timmmaaaah! Timmy Ti-
Haaaargh
TIMMEH
Empking wrote:How can you explain the mod changing his policy?
As I said before, I don't agree that the mod changed his policy.

If you are referring to his explicit vs. implicit approach to in-thread confirmation of a PR, I've given my view on that already.
Empking wrote:In this game you can't prove things if the other player doesn't have an open mind and you don't.
This is a terrible excuse not to back up your allegation, and as clear a sign as any that you
can't

Some examples of my arguments: I think it was scummy of you to employ a strawman of my argument (#529), I think it was scummy of you to use a weak, unsupported argument against my PR when you first brought it up (#345) and you show no interest in trying to clarify your perceived discrepancy in the mod's policy.

Those are just three of my reasons for suspecting you. None of them are "I am suspicious of you because you're suspicious of me". You have refused the opportunity to show the town otherwise. You are a liar.
Empking wrote:Oh yeah, I'm suspicious of you so you attack an insult me in order to decrease my credibility, wow.
You decreased your own credibility when you lied to further your "case".

Timmmhargh. Timm. Blargh, Empking TIMMAH scum, JIMMEH
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:06 am

Post by mykonian »

Wall-E wrote:I think that Empking's no different than he normally is, meaning I have no idea what his alignment is. Your recent exchange didn't sell me on Empking being scum. It strikes me that a better defense on your part may have been to simply ignore his "reasoning" and his vote considering how obviously flawed the logic was, but I realize you were attacking rather than defending, in which case I'm null-minded on the whole ordeal.
I think someone is suspicious when he aggressively attacks someone that has very little against him, only something mod-related. He just saw a reason to go for Spolium, and now he is continiously trying to get that mislynch.

At least, that is how I see it, and it is not the first time I see it from scum-emp. He is away, then he sees a opening for a case. He grabs a hammer and then keeps continiously hitting his target. It is as scummy as it gets.

True, I haven't seen emp-town often. But this fits exactly in his scumplay.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:19 am

Post by caf19 »

My opinion on Empking: I don't really buy his case on Spolium. A bit of mod confusion is not enough to indicate scum, imo. And he appears to be reaffirming his case through the fact that Spolium is arguing against it - well, he's obviously going to disagree, isn't he? Doesn't convince me.

I'm not sold on Empking being scum, but his style naturally resists analysis so I can hardly rule it out...

also, I'm rather worried that it's 4 days to deadline and the town doesn't have much direction regarding who to lynch. I myself am far from sure, and there are still probably 4 people I'd consider voting. And of those, I'd be reluctant to lynch mykonian seeing as it would be solely based on the actions of his predecessor (something he can't defend against). Better to spend more time getting a read on him.

So for me, it's between Emp, DDD and Zazie today.

DDD and Zazie - opinions on Empking vs. Spolium?
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:10 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Empking's behavior is poor and if it was anyone else making the same comments I'm sure I'd have pushed for their lynch already. This is the second straight case of Empking's that has no grounding in reality, though this one is even more blatent. Given that I find it a touch curious that Spolium only builds his Empking case when he himself was the target of attack. When Empking was pushing similarly one dimenionsal arguments about me, everyone seemed content to let it happen and wrote it off as playstyle to a large degree. So I found that curious, but it doesn't excuse Empking's even more scummy than usual play. With only four days to deadline, we need to push ahead quickly so that we have time to redirect if we need to, so...

Unvote

Vote: Empking
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:04 am

Post by caf19 »

That's L-1.
caf

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:25 am

Post by mykonian »

happy
bandwagon
birthday DDD!
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:32 am

Post by Spolium »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Given that I find it a touch curious that Spolium only builds his Empking case when he himself was the target of attack.
The majority of my case is based on Empking's "the mod is lying" approach. How could I have built it before he started pushing that angle?
DDD wrote:When Empking was pushing similarly one dimenionsal arguments about me, everyone seemed content to let it happen and wrote it off as playstyle to a large degree.
From my own POV, at the time I was more concerned about you being scum (that's how my read on you was leaning).

The town seems to generally agree that I'm not terribly scummy, so maybe Empking's push on me resonates more for that reason. I wouldn't be surprised if Mykonian's meta on Empking made a difference too.

Bear in mind that I've experienced something similiar in that Wall-E is not convinced by my case on Empking, and nobody else really chimed in until I made a point of asking for opinions.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:33 am

Post by Empking »

caf19 wrote:My opinion on Empking: I don't really buy his case on Spolium. A bit of mod confusion is not enough to indicate scum, imo. And he appears to be reaffirming his case through the fact that Spolium is arguing against it - well, he's obviously going to disagree, isn't he?
?[/quote]

There's a difference between disagreeing and just deciding to insult and chainsaw defend yourself.

I'm Chef. Role-blocking, aesthetic, aesthetic maker. I do this be making sweet-loving to the player I target.
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:43 am

Post by Spolium »

Empking wrote:There's a difference between disagreeing and just deciding to insult and chainsaw defend yourself.
TimmaaaaaH

I defend myself and make my case over numerous posts, top it off with a single insult, and Empking tries to spin it into "
just
deciding to insult and chainsaw defend".

Speaks for itself, really.
Empking wrote:I'm Chef. Role-blocking, aesthetic, aesthetic maker. I do this be making sweet-loving to the player I target.
What? Someone hammer this scum.

BLAAARGH TIMMEH! Raaah.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:49 am

Spolium wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Given that I find it a touch curious that Spolium only builds his Empking case when he himself was the target of attack.
The majority of my case is based on Empking's "the mod is lying" approach. How could I have built it before he started pushing that angle?
Sure, but the real reason behind that is Empking pushing falsehoods as truth and as a reason for voting. Which, while more egregious in this case than my own this isn't his first go around with such behavior in this game.
DDD wrote:When Empking was pushing similarly one dimenionsal arguments about me, everyone seemed content to let it happen and wrote it off as playstyle to a large degree.
From my own POV, at the time I was more concerned about you being scum (that's how my read on you was leaning).
Doesn't reflect well on you, if you're so locked into one individual that you're missing suspect behavior from others.

~~~~~

Unvote

While I consider the claim, Empking who did you target last night?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 am

Post by mykonian »

yeah, emp, more information please.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:08 am

Post by ZazieR »

Vote Empking

Power roles don't know why they can perform their action, and making sweet-loving towards children?! How can anyone believe this claim?

Will check the other posts towmorrow.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:15 am

Post by caf19 »

ZazieR wrote:Power roles don't know why they can perform their action, and making sweet-loving towards children?! How can anyone believe this claim?
In "The Return Of Chef" he's brainwashed to make love to children, so it's possible. If this is the flavour, however, I might expect him to be an evil character.

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:While I consider the claim, Empking who did you target last night?
This.
caf

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:18 am

Post by ZazieR »

So even if he has made love to children, he's like bad.
But like I already said, power roles don't have flavour why they have that power.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Empking »

I targeted Caf.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:09 am

Post by Spolium »

Why?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:10 am

Post by Empking »

I didn't think he had a pro-town power role but I didn't have a pro-town read on him either.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:14 am

Empking wrote:I didn't think he had a pro-town power role but I didn't have a pro-town read on him either.
This statement is a confusing mess.

Caf, can you give us any sort of confirmation that this might be true?
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:24 am

Post by caf19 »

Can't confirm either way.

I'm having trouble seeing why Emp would have blocked me - during D2 when someone asked him what he thought of me, he said I seemed pro town.
caf

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”