Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

...whoa there.

madeofphail goes from this:
madeofphail (392) wrote:Why bring power roles into scumhunting this early? You're helping out power roles early in the game!
to this:
madeofphail (399) wrote:I may be new, but when it gets down to it, the way I see it is that a night action is an action nonetheless, and thus can be used as evidence, just like any other statements or actions.
in 7 posts, with no posting in between to support this change in position. First he says he doesn't want to use PR info to scumhunt, then he says he does...

HoS: madeofphail.
Congratulations, you've just jumped to #2 on my scumlist.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 7:59 am

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

*Would like a trophy saying "Most aggressive player"*

If anyone is gonna get that trophy it's gonna be me. :P
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 9:08 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Votecount 2 of D2:

Isacc(4):
Beyond_Birthday; Trumpet of Doom; madeofphail; MafiaSSK

Beyond_Birthday(1):
Isacc

Not Voting (4): Nocmen; Seraphim; caf19; Dourgrim

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch. If deadline were to hit right now, Isacc would be lynched.

Still looking for a replacement for Dourgrim.
Last edited by Kairyuu on Sun May 03, 2009 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Seraphim »

Mod: Note my sig.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 11:40 am

Post by Seraphim »

Alright. Isacc is scum.

Vote: Isacc

I'm going to catch heat for this but I don't see a scenario where Isacc isn't scum.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Isacc has been lynched. Mod scene forthcoming
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Final votecount of D2:

Isacc(5): Beyond_Birthday; Trumpet of Doom; madeofphail; MafiaSSK; Seraphim

Beyond_Birthday(1): Isacc

Not Voting (3): Nocmen; caf19; Dourgrim

Still looking for a replacement for Dourgrim.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

At the beginning of the Day, one of your number claims to be a sneaky little bastard who spied on magnus_orion last Night, and says that he saw Isacc kill him. So, after virtually no deliberation at all, everyone determines that Isacc needs to swing. He then does so.

Isacc, Mafia Goon
has been lynched D2.

Night 2 Begins as of now. All actions are to be submitted to me no later than Wednesday, May 6, at 8pm EST.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Knight of Cydonia replaces Dourgrim effective immediately.

Since the replacement came so late in the Night, I will extend the Night by 24 hours so that he has time to get in any actions he may or may not have.

Night 2 ends tomorrow, May 7, at 8pm EST.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

As the Day dawns you notice that, again, there is someone who didn't show up this morning. You go to search his house, and find him splattered all over the walls. You also find a shiny pistol in his bedstand. Who was it? Nocmen, of course.

Nocmen
One-shot Vig, killed N2[/color]
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by caf19 »

BB is still alive, hmm.

Who'd you target last night BB?

Deleted your other two posts for you cuz I'm nice.
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 9:22 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Hi guys.
I'm reading up, hope to have some thoughts later today/tomorrow.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 11:42 am

Hi KoC.

First order of business:
vote: madeofphail.
See post 400 for why. I was willing to give Phily a meta defense because I've played with him before; madeofphail has no such protection.

All right, so my killing role guesses based on flavor were off. Nocmen is almost certainly the one who killed RBT (check out post 382 for a potential breadcrumb).

Looking at Isacc in isolation doesn't turn up too much, as so much of his posting (particularly end of D1) is "crap, senior year of high school is killing me" or concerned with players who are now dead (Walnut, Magnus, Nocmen). Of the rest, the most he's said about anyone has been about Phily, now madeofphail, and it's generally (a) not been appreciative and (b) when Phily was under suspicion from other directions. Could be construed as a bus attempt; even if it's not, it's not making me unvote unless there's an obvious reason (e.g., cop claim).

Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 1:29 pm

caf19 wrote:BB is still alive, hmm.

Who'd you target last night BB?

Deleted your other two posts for you cuz I'm nice.
Doesn't matter, I was role blocked making my ability utterly useless until we target the role blocker with our lynch or he finds someone more worthy of his prevention skills.

I don't have a clue this game as I thought that surely my powers would be of no more use (ie, I=dead), but based on the spookily accurate guess for the vig kill, the mafia either has a watcher, or picked up on the tell Nocmen left yesterday. (noted above). I might give this a once over later...
Show
6-4-1
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 2:43 am

Post by caf19 »

I see.
Beyond_Birthday wrote:I don't have a clue this game as I thought that surely my powers would be of no more use (ie, I=dead), but based on the spookily accurate guess for the vig kill, the mafia either has a watcher, or picked up on the tell Nocmen left yesterday.
I'd say it's probably the latter.

I'll join in on the madeofphail suspicion now. Yesterday, his first post:
madeofphail wrote:Beyond that, since its day two, there are two things that I like to do at the start of a new day:
1). Look at who was nightkilled, and speculate why.
2). look back at the actions of the deceased and see what made them liable to be targeted.
---------------------------------------------------
That being said, something is troubling me.
1). There were two nightkills. They had a little storyline behind each, so there is a clear distinguishment, beyond that we don't know who (or what for that matter) killed who. For example, we know that there is scum, after all it isn't a bastard game, so we could probably attribute a kill to them. But the second kill could be attributed to a variety of roles. I think it would be beneficial to see what role provided these kills. Reason being I'd rather lynch something scum or a serial killer rather than something like a vig.
This looks a lot like rolefishing, trying to find out who's the vidge. (and, as it happens, the vidge did get found...)

Then his next post:
madeofphail wrote:Quite frankly, I'm not at all happy with both players doing something like this. I'm fairly sure that at least one of them is right, and so whichever one is not fakeclaiming just gave the scum (or possibly non-town aligned killing role.) a free power role kill! Not a smart move on either person's part...

Why bring power roles into scumhunting this early? You're helping out power roles early in the game!
Chastising other people for bringing power role speculation into the game... but that's exactly what he did in the previous post! It's hypocrisy, and it makes this post look like an empty attempt to look town by regurgitating a common townplay convention.

Oh, and he's got the same role as PhilyEc.

SSK is still my number 2. He voted scum yesterday, but that doesn't really make him more town because Isacc was obvscum who was definitely going down by that point.

That said, obviously I don't have much of a read on Seraphim (or KoC, although his predecessor did at least contribute).
caf

Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 4:54 am

Trumpet of Doom wrote:...whoa there.

madeofphail (392) wrote:Why bring power roles into scumhunting this early? You're helping out power roles early in the game!
to this:
madeofphail (399) wrote:I may be new, but when it gets down to it, the way I see it is that a night action is an action nonetheless, and thus can be used as evidence, just like any other statements or actions.
in 7 posts, with no posting in between to support this change in position. First he says he doesn't want to use PR info to scumhunt, then he says he does...

This kinda feels like misrepresentation, because phail looks like he's talking about night actions rather than outing power roles in his second post. That might just be me misreading horribly, though.

Concerning the Isaac lynch - as soon as the BB claim came in, scum will have bussed him shamelessly. Indeed, the fact the wagon came down so quickly worries me a little, because while Isaac should certainly have been the lynch, such a short day doesn't help the town much.

MafiaSSK's dismissing caf19's entirely valid comment about his voting pattern yesterday with a meta defence worries me, as does the fact he then says his only suspect is caf19, again, with little reasoning.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 10:24 am

Post by Seraphim »

You don't have a read on me because I don't want you to.

MafiaSSK seems most scummy to me. On my first read of the game, I noticed his meta defense of himself. Frankly, I could care less about his meta. His behavior isn't townish so I don't like it. I don't think caf is scum and I don't think phail is scum either. I think SSK is where my vote belongs right now.

Vote: MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 11:10 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Seraphim wrote:You don't have a read on me because I don't want you to.

MafiaSSK seems most scummy to me. On my first read of the game, I noticed his meta defense of himself. Frankly, I could care less about his meta. His behavior isn't townish so I don't like it. I don't think caf is scum and I don't think phail is scum either. I think SSK is where my vote belongs right now.

See DGB,Zwet,Emp.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by Seraphim »

DGB is DGB. Zwet is zwet. For the record, it's very easy to tell town-zwet from scum-zwet. Empking has improved leaps and bounds from his original play. He may not be the smartest player but he has definitely improved.

None of this excuses you at all.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 2:11 pm

Knight of Cydonia wrote:
Trumpet of Doom wrote:...whoa there.

to this:

This kinda feels like misrepresentation, because phail looks like he's talking about night actions rather than outing power roles in his second post.
I don't really see the difference, as to me, the one leads directly to the other (as in, how would we find out night actions unless PRs claim?).
...whaat?
How is this at all pro-town? If you're town, wouldn't you
want
players to be able to get a read on you so that they can tell you're town?

Re: SSK: Meh, he's not great (for reasons pointed out by caf19, KoC and Seraphim, and maybe other players as well), but there are scummier players out there. I'm gonna say there's at least one scum, and quite possibly two, in the set {madeofphail, Seraphim, MafiaSSK}. I'm voting one; I'd vote the others as well if I could.

madeofphail
madeofphail
Goon
madeofphail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by madeofphail »

Trumpet of Doom wrote:Hi KoC.

First order of business:
vote: madeofphail.
See post 400 for why. I was willing to give Phily a meta defense because I've played with him before; madeofphail has no such protection.
No meta constitutes a defense. In my personal belief, a person's play style should not be brought into a case as evidence, because someone could establish a near-invincible meta. For example empking is random and has no reasoning, and has therefore little to nothing that makes him able to be read. As such, in a game i was in, he survived to confuse the town because we were afraid to lynch him without evidence. yet, he confused and diverted us. He was a scumtool, even as a townie. Meta shouldn't be used as evidence, if you thought I was scum, you should have voted me earlier.

I apologize for the misconception, I wasn't trying to commit roleouting , what I was trying to do was something that ends up being helpful later in the game. I am trying to detect kill patterns. I suppose I should have been more direct with this when I made my statement. If we can find kill patterns (mafia or serial killer or otherwise), we can have more accurate protects if there is a doc. By discussing the kill patterns, we help the doc. and possibly force the scum to kill someone else to break the pattern, so it can also help the town to confuse the mafia by constricting their nightkills by making it seem more and more likely that certain people will be protected. This will pressure the scum. Of course, this also depends on there being a doc, or similar role.

So, this wasn't intended as role outing, (that happened anyway, which got BB blocked). I apologize with the misconception, but lets get back to scumhunting.
The name is quite fitting, don't you think?
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 5:43 pm

IF SSK is mafia, Phail is almost definitely not mafia. But, for the record, I think Phail could be mafia. I'm also suspicious of Trumpet, to some degree.

Odds are, Phail is inverse of Trumpet in terms of alignment, but I'm not at all sure. I don't particularly care too much for any of the cases so far, as they seem weaker than we should be having at this point. (Hypocrisy, thy name is Birthday. Why? Cause I don't have a case to offer...
>.>
Show
6-4-1
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 3:05 am

Post by caf19 »

madeofphail wrote:I apologize for the misconception, I wasn't trying to commit roleouting , what I was trying to do was something that ends up being helpful later in the game. I am trying to detect kill patterns. I suppose I should have been more direct with this when I made my statement. If we can find kill patterns (mafia or serial killer or otherwise), we can have more accurate protects if there is a doc. By discussing the kill patterns, we help the doc. and possibly force the scum to kill someone else to break the pattern, so it can also help the town to confuse the mafia by constricting their nightkills by making it seem more and more likely that certain people will be protected. This will pressure the scum. Of course, this also depends on there being a doc, or similar role.
This seems a bit implausible :?

So, the scum has (probably) killed magnus and Nocmen. Anything you can analyse from that?

madeofphail wrote:I apologize with the misconception, but lets get back to scumhunting.
Er, yes, let's. Who do you think is scum?
caf

Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 3:50 am

I'm going to be posting a little less than usual, because my Large Theme is starting up now. I'll do my best to keep active here though.
madeofphail
madeofphail
Goon
madeofphail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 7:09 am

Post by madeofphail »

well, Im suspicious of Mafia SSK, after looking at his posts, he seems rather opportunistic. Not really putting much into his own words, so that seems like wagoning to me. and if we look at he Isacc lynch(who was actually scum), we see:
Mafia SSK wrote:
caf19 wrote:
The probability of Isacc being scum is way higher than that of BB being scum. He's definitely the right lynch.

I think everyone should check in before we rush to end the day though. Nocmen, Seraphim - what do you think of events thus far?
QFT. Vote Issaac
so, if he is scum, then he kinda wagoned his partner. this may have been for distancing purposes, or because at that point Isacc was practically obv scum. After he votes isacc putting him at L-1, this happens:
Seraphim wrote:Alright. Isacc is scum.

Vote: Isacc
Isacc then turns up scum.

----------------------------------------------
I'm not so worried about Seraphim, But I got a hunch about mafiassk. I, like seraphim, don't liek to use meta as a defense, because if that became widespread, people would establish invincible metas in order to gain lynch immunity. For example, a random player could constantly write off any slips due to "playing style". But this one-line posting and opportunism makes me nervous.

Furthermore, that doesn't help scumhunting to just agree and vote. I think that If mafiassk is scum, he joined the isacc wagon in order to distance himself.
The name is quite fitting, don't you think?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”