Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:19 am

Post by Quailman »

Well, I think he was a good hitter, with both power and speed. The only position I'd discount is catcher. If you'd accept outfield instead of center, left or right, then there are six positions to choose from. And with speed, he probably wasn't a first baseman. That leaves 2nd, ss, 3rd and OF. I'm changing my opinion to either 2nd, short or OF, probably center if in the OF. I'd guess center field.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:15 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

I don't remember what wagner was-- I think perhaps 3rd base
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:27 pm

Post by Fuldu »

You know what, this isn't working the way I had thought it would, and it's completely unnecessary, so it's over. I should have done it the same way I did the last one, but I thought this might be more fun. Sorry.

PeaceBringer steps up to the food synthesizer and gives the correct answer,
Shortstop
. The machine dings and produces a freshly made slice of pumpkin pie. It isn't much, but the six of you quickly dig in and finish it off entirely. While cleaning up after yourselves, you notice something placed between the paper doily on which the pie sat and the plate. It's a bit sticky, but it's clearly another white REGIS swipe card.

Although the air has become chilled and a bit thin since life support shut down, you rush back to the bridge, and activate the card at the main terminal.

Heisenberg Uncertainty Mafia Authorized:
Program Terminated

Mastermind of Sin,
Science Officer
and
Heisenberg Uncertainty Principal
(mafia GF), has been lynched.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:20 am

Post by Fuldu »

Good morning to the five of you. The first thing you notice upon exiting your cryopods is the absence of something familiar. Not Maximumum - you won't pick up on her absence for a few more minutes. No, what's missing is the constant waking companion
HELD
. For the first time since these tribulations began, the life support deadline on all the REGIS screens has begun to count down from the moment you emerged from cryosleep. And there isn't much time left...

Life Support Disabled in 48:00:00

You rush to the bridge, and only on the way do you notice that someone is missing. A quick check indicates that you lost Maximumum during the night, so you hurry by the living quarters on the way to the bridge. Maximumum's room is pretty empty, but not as cramped as some you've seen. However, she hasn't unpacked a lot of her things; they're still sitting in a stack of boxes in one corner of the room. The labels on the boxes prominently identify their owner as
Lieutenant
Maximumum.

Having established the dead woman's position on the Ratite, you continue on to the bridge, hoping to get some answers from REGIS. But the cold screen has no answers for you today, or questions for that matter. Only the dark, dismal message

Life Support Disabled in 47:40:36

Maximumum,
Lieutenant
(townie), has been frozen.

Night will fall promptly at 7:00 PM GMT on Wednesday if a lynch hasn't been reached before then. Due to the sudden shrinking of the time horizon, all living players are being prodded.
Last edited by Fuldu on Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:33 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Okay there are 5 of us left-

anyone care to recap whether we are at end game or not?
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:47 am

Post by Jaguar »

Ouch!. less than 48 hours to deadline.

Well, hurray for getting the heisenberg scum, but boo for the short timeline. If my notes are correct, we have probably two pirate scum left. This means that unless we lynch correctly, it's game over. We only had one death last night, making me think that we have indeed only one scum group left.

As for scum. Peacebringer and Thoth are both standing out in my mind at the moment. Peacebringer because he so oviously has been answering incorrectly. If there are two scum left, perhaps this was a method to make it appear that he is a clueless townie. Note that he didn't answer incorrectly until the end of the day generally. Enough time for a scum buddy to have answered correctly and know it.

Thoth just has been under the radar the whole time.

Hhm. Not sure where to go from here.
I need a new tagline...
Bengel54321
Bengel54321
Goon
Bengel54321
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:24 am

Post by Bengel54321 »

I don't know about Thoth, I don't have him on my suspect list...but do agree 100% about Peacebringer (as I already explained yesterday morning).

I'll hold my vote for now...hoping someone may have some investigative info left.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:59 pm

Post by Quailman »

I blocked Thoth last night, so he didn't do the killing. I had blocked Maximumum the night before. I'm beginning to think I am an incompetent blocker, except the more likely explanation is that I am just unlucky.

I suspect everyone except me. :?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:57 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

How about a mass claim at this point.

I have no night action. I am a Simple Ensign (thus my casting the vote on the Ensign claiming a protection skill.)

Please present your claims.
Bengel54321
Bengel54321
Goon
Bengel54321
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:45 pm

Post by Bengel54321 »

I'm the assistant mechanical engineer. After Internet Stranger died I replaced him and became doc.

I think I've been wrong every night so far...the only night we had 1 less kill was night 4 but I couldn't answer that day.

Last night I protected Quail.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:18 am

Post by Quailman »

Role Blocker (with limited access today and tomorrow - bah!) I've tried PeaceBringer, and others - list is at office and I'm off this week. I'll check PM's when I have time later today. I already mentioned Thoth and Maximumum last two nights.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:05 am

Post by Thoth »

I'm the Ship's doctor. My role is not that of a regular doc though. I can confirm being blocked by Quailman last night though.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:35 am

Post by Jaguar »

I am the Captain. Which ship wouldn't have a captain. Unfortunately, I don't have a glamourous role to go with it. I can use REGIS to do some limited investigations. I am not as powerful as a tracker, but I can tell if someone has been up and about or not.
I need a new tagline...
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:52 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

So we have 2 claimed doctors-

one has to be lying, esepecially with no block being befored.

Also Quailman when did you block me and what were you other moves. I think all moves should be specified at this time. I don't like the I have this role but couldn't do anything non-sense.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:10 am

Post by Thoth »

Peacebringer wrote: So we have 2 claimed doctors-

one has to be lying, esepecially with no block being befored.
Let me repeat: my rolename is Ship's Doctor, but my ability is not that of a regular doc (although it is related).
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:14 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

please explain. We are getting no where here being vague. We have it appears 2 pirate mafia and we lynch wrong we are done. So we need all the information we can get and in a SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME
Bengel54321
Bengel54321
Goon
Bengel54321
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:06 pm

Post by Bengel54321 »

I'm waiting a bit more for Thoth...but as it is now I plan to vote for Peacebringer tomorrow (going to bed in a minute).

He's just the only one that's very high on my scum list right now. All the other claims seem very plausible (if Thoth can elaborate his some more).
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:10 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

bengal-- I am ensign. My vote on Andrew and calling is claim crap (which is was) was because I was ensign and new ensign was a plain townie role by my description. Unless yuo are scum voting for me is end game. Only thing I am guilty of is not paying as much attention as I should during the trivia stuff. Unfortunately I have a shot at mucking up an endgame here as a result. Hopefully tonight I can do some figuring stuff out.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:06 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

Okay began looking through stuff and began to get bogged down.

I looked at day one category spread.

Of note is Bengal and Quailman in same category.

I also note that one day 2 categories Jag/Quag took a risk of going on own.

I noticed I got the wrong answer that way- I thought it was small pox.

So for those pushing I am scum you have to believe that being unable to act on at least 4 nights (since roleblocked one) means the mafia was taking a high risk. You also would have to wonder about the other mafia not raising a stink and getting on my case about my inactivity.

I really want to hear more on the claims.
Bengel54321
Bengel54321
Goon
Bengel54321
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:57 pm

Post by Bengel54321 »

That's exactly why I think you are scum...you always waited till the very end of the day to "answer" or not answer.

To me that appears as if you were waiting to make sure your scum buddy had answered correctly so you could claim what you are claiming now.

There's no risk involved in not answering when your scum buddy has already answered his/her question.

Still holding my vote till we hear from Thoth...
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:45 pm

Post by Thoth »

I specifically did not elaborate more on my claim as it is no use to the town (other than satisfying personaly curiosity), but it may cause an unpleasant surprise for scum.

About the situation right now. PB and Bengel sure seem to be nonallied right now. I'm not completely convinced that their animosity is for real though. Both also have rather convenient roleclaims that cannot be checked. Of the two I'm believing PB's claim a bit more right now as that would give us 4 basic townies. To me 4 basic townies feels like a better amount in a 24 player game than 3. Of course outguessing the mod is dangerous, but I'm always rather fond of the practice.
One more reason for me not to believe Bengel is that a backup doc would be a bit much when my role is also there and we already had a generic backup (Talitha although her precise role was not revealed). He would also be the only assistent in the game.

I'm buying Quailman's claim as I was roleblocked last night. That does not mean he can't be scum though with an extra ability. Especially as it could still be a onetime ability as the other character he says to have blocked is dead. As the Heisenberg mafia had an ensign, a lieutenant and a GF I would not be surprised if the pirate mafia has the same structure. Having different non-GF's in a scum group could just be flavour, but could also mean ability. Point against an ability is that Fuldu did not mention that AndrewS (the Heisenberg lieutenant) had one.

Jaguar's claim also leaves something to be desired: Her ability seems not to make a lot of sense as we already had a tracker.
What I'm even more worried about is that Captain would be perfect for a GF. Next to that the ranks within the other Mafia were similar to the 'real' ranks on the ship (GF having a higher rank than the lieutenant). This also seems rather logical to me. Jaguar is the only player claiming a higher rank than lieutenant.

So basically I have my doubts about all claims. I feel pretty sure though that we have Bengel and Jaguar as Pirates with Jaguar as GF. I'm most sure about Bengel though as another doc would just be a bit too much.
vote:Bengel
Bengel54321
Bengel54321
Goon
Bengel54321
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:44 am

Post by Bengel54321 »

Thoth,

Well...first of all I'd like to ask AGAIN to explain your full role.

I'm rather convinced Peacebringer is scum and that would mean you are not (as Peace answered incorrectly yesterday and you supposedly were blocked by Quail...which by process of elimination would mean Peace and Jaguar are our last scum), so I can understand why it doesn't matter to you.

I also very much disagree about us having that "many" docs. There were only 2 docs in the game. Internet Stranger and you (although we still don't know what you can do)...me replacing IS means we had only 1 "real" doc (not counting you)all the time (mind you I didn't get my ability till after IS died), so your whole reasoning of having too many docs is just way off.

Me being pirate with Jaguar doesn't make any sense at all. We always had different categories the last few days and I gave the correct answer for my category and shared it with the others twice. There was no need for me to do this if Jaguar already answered her category correctly before me (which she did if my notes are correct)...it would even be a great risk on my side if I were scum, as I'd be giving pro-town roles a night ability while I could have just as easily not answered the question. All this even fortifies my thoughts about Peace and Jag being scum together.

Vote Peace
Bengel54321
Bengel54321
Goon
Bengel54321
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:45 am

Post by Bengel54321 »

Thoth,

Well...first of all I'd like to ask AGAIN to explain your full role.

I'm rather convinced Peacebringer is scum and that would mean you are not (as Peace answered incorrectly yesterday and you supposedly were blocked by Quail...which by process of elimination would mean Peace and Jaguar are our last scum), so I can understand why it doesn't matter to you.

I also very much disagree about us having that "many" docs. There were only 2 docs in the game. Internet Stranger and you (although we still don't know what you can do)...me replacing IS means we had only 1 "real" doc (not counting you)all the time (mind you I didn't get my ability till after IS died), so your whole reasoning of having too many docs is just way off.

Me being pirate with Jaguar doesn't make any sense at all. We always had different categories the last few days and I gave the correct answer for my category and shared it with the others twice. There was no need for me to do this if Jaguar already answered her category correctly before me (which she did if my notes are correct)...it would even be a great risk on my side if I were scum, as I'd be giving pro-town roles a night ability while I could have just as easily not answered the question. All this even fortifies my thoughts about Peace and Jag being scum together.

Vote Peace
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:01 am

Post by Quailman »

Thoth wrote: I'm buying Quailman's claim as I was roleblocked last night. That does not mean he can't be scum though with an extra ability. Especially as it could still be a onetime ability as the other character he says to have blocked is dead.
IIRC, DP also backed me up when I said I had blocked him, back when we were trying to ferret out the SK.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”