Mini 774: Case Closed Mafia (One Truth Prevails!)

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@alexhans: also, my name is Kairyuu, not Kayriuu
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 8:17 am

Post by Isacc »

You guys will have to forgive me and trust me on this:

Huge fight with my parents. HUGE. Won't have time to post before deadline.

My thoughts have changed a bit (sorta), but I can't really make a good analysis.

Firestarter is the only reasonable lynch by deadline however.

Vote: Firestarter
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Firestarter »

Isacc wrote:You guys will have to forgive me and trust me on this:

My thoughts have changed a bit (sorta), but I can't really make a good analysis.

Vote: Firestarter
Just.. lol
('') (':') ('')
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 10:49 am

Post by alexhans »

599: Regarding this post I must say that I'm a bit shocked but not totally. He seems the kind of player who can pull this kind of stunts. I still disagree with voting fire if he thinks another person is scum... If people started voting for SC it could actually be presented as an alternative and we would even have more info once either one of us flips. Who avoided wich waggon and why?
Kairyuu wrote:@alexhans: also, my name is Kairyuu, not Kayriuu
Ups... well... ask korlas
c
h if he finds it annoying... ;)
Isacc wrote:You guys will have to forgive me and trust me on this:

Don't worry. I believe you. Try to make the better out of the situation and don't use mafia terms when you discuss with them... Also, don't try to lynch neither of them.
Isacc wrote:My thoughts have changed a bit (sorta), but I can't really make a good analysis.

mmm... this wasn't really necessary... You could've just not voted until you could post (day 1 or 2)...

This is L-1 and I still would like to hear from the replacements before someone hammers.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Deadline will be at about 4:00 PM CST (2:00 PST) tomorrow, Monday the fourth. Any prods that need to go out will do so then.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 6:21 am

Post by millar13 »

Back from Scotland :)
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 11:43 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Alrighty then. Checking in one final time before deadline. Fire lynch is go, as crappy as it is, but hell, we may get lucky, and even if we don't, this theme lends itself strongly to investigative roles, so I think we may be all good anyway.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 11:49 am

Post by alexhans »

I just wish SOMEONE would've dropped by and said SOMETHING.
I'm back...
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

By my watch, Firestarter died two hours ago, and we've got a solid base behind it. I'm sure he'll flip scum.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by alexhans »

I would be really shocked if that happened... And saying so doesn't make me scummier or townier... So you're wasting your breath saying you're sure, SC... Doesn't change anything for good or for bad.

Also... You don't want to comment on Kairyuu's last read on you?

Somebody knows if the replacements are still on this planet? Lindis, inquisitive, etc.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Vote Count:

Firestarter(6): Millar13, Korlash, Battousai, Kairyuu, StrangerCoug, Isacc
StrangerCoug(2): Sajin, alexhans
Lindisfarne(1): madeofphail
Battousai(1): Firestarter

Not Voting(2): Inquisitor Vulcan Skorn, Lindisfarne

As of 4:00, it is twilight. Firestarter has been lynched. Night will start at 4:00 tomorrow, feel free to discuss until then. I've changed my mind, and prods will go out then too.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by Battousai »

Weird.

Kairyuu says something along the lines of "town would react to a crap case against them with a sense of saying the person is confused town and not scum pushing a crap case." Then when Alexhans hears this, he completely drops the issue with Kairyuu and says something along the lines of "Kairyuu is the kind of person who would try that." And then he drops the subject all together.

1) scum points for Kairyuu. Trying to act scummy to get reactions is scum defence for making a mistake.

2) I would say if I thought someone was pushing a crap case against me, I wouldn't be calling them confused town, I would be calling them suspicious, and then vote them depending on how long they push it. Actually, I think I would call them confused town, but only if I knew they were town and I wanted them to ease off of the attacks on me. But this is all WIFOM, so null points to Alexhans.

3) If someone pushed a crap case against me, and then say "I was just trying to get a reaction!" I wouldn't excuse them and drop the subject. I would pursue them further, put them on the defensive for their supposed gambit. Alexhans gets scum points for just dropping it.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by alexhans »

Look dude... based on his meta It doesn't seem totally weird that he does something like that. Besides, me dropping the case has to do with me being ABSOLUTELY TIRED of that back and forth I'm suspecting few will read.

You asign scum points to everyone in your judge like manner. Instead of making a case you attack people who are fighting... and if they stop fighting you attack them because of it. You're looking similar to SC in that you keep your distance but trash others when it's convenient regardless of what they might say. And, in this case, you try to make us both look bad.

and regarding this point
3) If someone pushed a crap case against me, and then say "I was just trying to get a reaction!" I wouldn't excuse them and drop the subject. I would pursue them further, put them on the defensive for their supposed gambit. Alexhans gets scum points for just dropping it.
I had a town feel on him, what's your read?. You give me scumpoints because I don't follow your playstyle? Wasn't that your case on Fire... that he was attacking millar's playing theories instead of millar himself?

Here is your thought process:
YOU wouldn't do that... I don't do what you would... I gain scum points...

Cool.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I buy the alexhans case, but I still want to go after Sajin tomorrow. I don't want either of them alive in the endgame at this point.

alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by alexhans »

I don't want YOU alive at this point. What's my case again?
I'm back...
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I've gone through this already. Misrep, WIFOM...

alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by alexhans »

Good case, particularly the part where you say "..." You couldn't even think of something else? You are reminding me of Kairyuu's case on me... XD
I'm back...
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Battousai wrote:Weird.

Kairyuu says something along the lines of "town would react to a crap case against them with a sense of saying the person is confused town and not scum pushing a crap case." Then when Alexhans hears this, he completely drops the issue with Kairyuu and says something along the lines of "Kairyuu is the kind of person who would try that." And then he drops the subject all together.
That is not what I said at all. I determined that, based on alexhans' reactions, I believe him to be town. It has nothing to do with the validity of either case, and everything to do with his reactions to the statements I made that provided nothing in the line of a case, but everything in the line of pressure. That he dropped the issue says nothing about him, because he did not call me scummy at any point. He was on the defensive, not on a counterattack.

Battousai wrote:1) scum points for Kairyuu. Trying to act scummy to get reactions is scum defence for making a mistake.
I was not acting scummy to get reactions. Hell, I wasn't acting scummy at all. I was providing hyperaggressive pressure in order to determine his alignment. This is what I do.
Battousai wrote:2) I would say if I thought someone was pushing a crap case against me, I wouldn't be calling them confused town, I would be calling them suspicious, and then vote them depending on how long they push it. Actually, I think I would call them confused town, but only if I knew they were town and I wanted them to ease off of the attacks on me. But this is all WIFOM, so null points to Alexhans.
This is totally speculation, and there is absolutely no point in bringing it up if your decision is that it's null anyway.
Battousai wrote:3) If someone pushed a crap case against me, and then say "I was just trying to get a reaction!" I wouldn't excuse them and drop the subject. I would pursue them further, put them on the defensive for their supposed gambit. Alexhans gets scum points for just dropping it.
Note that he never once called me scummy while I was attacking him. If he would have changed his stance as soon as I dropped the case,
then
that would have looked like opportunism to me.

Also, why bring this up
after
I have dropped the case. If you thought my case was crap, then why did you FoS alexhans instead of going after me?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Battousai »

alexhans wrote:Look dude... based on his meta It doesn't seem totally weird that he does something like that. Besides, me dropping the case has to do with me being ABSOLUTELY TIRED of that back and forth I'm suspecting few will read.
So his meta is like that, so it is not strange he would do this as townie? What about Millar? Supposedly (I say supposedly because I haven't used meta this game), Millar's play has been improving each game he plays in, and this game he hasn't done anything scummy do to his meta. Do you not believe in Millar's meta?
Alexhans wrote:You assign scum points to everyone in your judge like manner. Instead of making a case you attack people who are fighting... and if they stop fighting you attack them because of it. You're looking similar to SC in that you keep your distance but trash others when it's convenient regardless of what they might say. And, in this case, you try to make us both look bad.
Why should I make a case? I didn't call you scum or Kairyuu scum. I just pointed out what I found suspicious. You wanted more information, and when I give it you don't like me sharing (probably because it reads negatively against you). What do you want me to do? Sit back and watch two people fight and not comment on it?

Now when you say "they", you are talking about yourself and Kairyuu as I haven't "attacked" anyone else because they stop fighting.
Alexhans wrote:and regarding this point
I had a town feel on him, what's your read?. You give me scumpoints because I don't follow your playstyle? Wasn't that your case on Fire... that he was attacking millar's playing theories instead of millar himself?

Here is your thought process:
YOU wouldn't do that... I don't do what you would... I gain scum points...

Cool.
I found it suspicious, so what? I see no, feesible reason why a townie would just shrug off what Kairyuu did to you, especially after your reaction to it. You went from outraged to calm with just a "scummy to get reactions" post.

And you know nothing of my case. You took one thing I said to Fire and make it my "case"? What the hell? I was defending Millar, not attacking Fire. Get your facts straight next time.
Kairyuu wrote:
Battousai wrote:Weird.

That is not what I said at all. I determined that, based on alexhans' reactions, I believe him to be town. It has nothing to do with the validity of either case, and everything to do with his reactions to the statements I made that provided nothing in the line of a case, but everything in the line of pressure. That he dropped the issue says nothing about him, because he did not call me scummy at any point. He was on the defensive, not on a counterattack.
You were trying to get reactions, you presented a crap case (or a meh case to get his ire up, as you call it) and determined him townie for not thinking you are scum (which is a counterattack, you wouldn't counterattack someone who is town). Same thing I said, but more "nicer"? I guess.

Kairyuu wrote:
Battousai wrote:1) scum points for Kairyuu. Trying to act scummy to get reactions is scum defence for making a mistake.
I was not acting scummy to get reactions. Hell, I wasn't acting scummy at all. I was providing hyperaggressive pressure in order to determine his alignment. This is what I do.
Tags Fixed! -Mod

So you think attacking someone with a "meh" case isn't scumm?
Kairyuu wrote:
Battousai wrote:2) I would say if I thought someone was pushing a crap case against me, I wouldn't be calling them confused town, I would be calling them suspicious, and then vote them depending on how long they push it. Actually, I think I would call them confused town, but only if I knew they were town and I wanted them to ease off of the attacks on me. But this is all WIFOM, so null points to Alexhans.
This is totally speculation, and there is absolutely no point in bringing it up if your decision is that it's null anyway.
I found three points of interest and I addressed three points. Why bring this up if you don't find me bringing it up scummy or town motivation?
Kairyuu wrote:
Battousai wrote:3) If someone pushed a crap case against me, and then say "I was just trying to get a reaction!" I wouldn't excuse them and drop the subject. I would pursue them further, put them on the defensive for their supposed gambit. Alexhans gets scum points for just dropping it.
Note that he never once called me scummy while I was attacking him. If he would have changed his stance as soon as I dropped the case,
then
that would have looked like opportunism to me.
But you don't think he
knew
you were a townie and wanted you to ease off of the attacks by calling you townie?
Kairyuu wrote:Also, why bring this up
after
I have dropped the case. If you thought my case was crap, then why did you FoS alexhans instead of going after me?
I didn't know you were pressuring alexhans with a "meh" case to get his reactions until you told us you were pressuring alexhans with a "meh" case to get his reactions. I never said your case was crap, I was talking in the perspective of Alexhans as he thougt your case was crap. Though, your case wasn't strong, it did have points that held merit.

Alexhans-

How am I keeping my distance? I'm pretty sure me posting my thoughts has brought attention to myself.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

alexhans wrote:Good case, particularly the part where you say "..." You couldn't even think of something else? You are reminding me of Kairyuu's case on me... XD
Not really, but I'm still giving you a general idea. I've already gone into detail.

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

*taps fingers impatiently*

Wasn't Night supposed to hit 4 hours ago?
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by Sajin »

Kairyuu wrote:*taps fingers impatiently*

impatient to get your ability in? Thanks for softclaiming.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

I have softclaimed nothing. We've been waiting on the deadline for quite some time now, and I'm getting bored. I would like very much to see Fire's flip, as well as get to D2 quickly.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

By the way, I am declaring intent to vote Sajin at the beginning of D2. The more I think about it, the more I realize that there could be no pro-town reason for pointing out a potential power role softclaim right before Night.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by Battousai »

Sajin wrote:
Kairyuu wrote:*taps fingers impatiently*

impatient to get your ability in? Thanks for softclaiming.
He either has a night action, or is interested in Fire's flip. I wonder which...? :roll:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”