/facepalm.
now why?

Mod edit
Visible Votecount

-populartajo (3): zwetschenwasser, ortolan, Empking
-sirdanilot (1): Gorrad
-ortolan (1): populartajo
-zwetschenwasser (1): Moratorium

Not voting (10): killa seven, Kast, ZEEnon, Riceballtail, Looker, sirdanilot, semioldguy, WeyounsLastClone, caf19, AceMarksman

With 16 alive it takes 9 real votes to lynch.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

You claimed Wario!
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by populartajo »

okay, just for future reference, Looker just posted in another game Im with him. The one I gave the link.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by populartajo »

zwetschenwasser wrote:You claimed Wario!
facepalm
x2
Call me Tajo.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 12:34 pm

KILL HIM NOW
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by caf19 »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:At first I found Gorrad a bit overanxious to hear from sirdan, but now his silence is a bit awkward (not that I have posted much, but I think it's different from someone who joined from outside the game). Still, I find Gorrad's reactions a bit off.

I don't think tajo is from the Mushroom Kingdom, and I don't really like his wagon. Somehow I suspect him to be Wario or something.

Someone else who I find scummy because he's being opportunistic is caf19.
caf19 wrote:I know about his meta and the shallow waters blah blah, but seriously, zwet is scummy. Now that he's not 'confirmed' anymore , I can't help but note that he is 'playing up' to his meta. He is tunneling with woefully inadequate reasoning, purposefully exaggerating the aggressiveness and dumbness of his posts in order that people will go 'oh, it's just zwet being zwet'. And it seems to be working - a decent wagon is building up on tajo. I'm not really a fan of the tajo wagon, he's too much of an easy target. (and so is zwet, you might respond, except that nobody is going after zwet...)
Feels a bit like if tajo pops up town, he can say 'i told you so', and then go after zwet. He rubbed me wrong day 1 too, but I can't pinpoint exactly what. Hope to do a reread this weekend.
Have to say, this post is full of fail.

Firstly, you think tajo might be a third party role but you don't like the wagon on him? Doesn't make sense.

Secondly, all I'm doing is saying I don't like the tajo wagon, which is roughly what you also did in this post :? If that's setting myself up for an 'i told you so', then so be it. It's not what my intention is, but in any case I don't see what's inherently scummy about that, unless you are implying that it's because I'm scum who knows tajo is town already. If so, what's the basis?

Thirdly, you seem to assume that there is something inherently wrong with 'going after zwet'. Is there, when he's constantly making craplogic-ridden, anti-town posts? Do you think zwet is town?

-
populartajo wrote:1.Can we assume that Wario in DK are scum in this game? Because if we do, Im pretty sure they are on the "I refuse to" or "I dont have item descriptions".
They are down as different alignments in the item section of the OP. So I think it's a good assumption that they are third party still.
populartajo wrote:2. Does everyone think that we can at least have one scum in the "I refuse to" or "I dont have item descriptions"? Or do you think that SK was the only one that didnt have item descriptions?
Not really possible to say with any certainty, but I'd hazard that the scum are spread fairly evenly over both the 'haves' and 'have nots'.

-
zwetchenwasser wrote:Morat, please shut up if you have no case. Policy lynching is bad at this stage.
Perhaps, but Morat also seems to agree with my case, which is built around the fact that you are purposefully being anti-town and know you can get away with it due to your meta. So it's not exclusively a policy lynch.
zwetchenwasser wrote:You claimed Wario!
Please at least make an attempt to explain your conclusion. If you don't, I'll have no choice but to assume that it is of the same quality as the rest of your conclusions, which is to say, tripe. :)
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 12:51 pm

He was very eager to describe the previous Wario role to me. It seemed too eager, in fact.
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

I think it's safe to say that your plan tajo, while sound D1, is fairly out the window at this point.

The problems with us at the moment:
1) lurkers, lurkers, lurkers, and lurkers
2) Last night was screwy and blew tajo's plan out of the water
3) the jump in mechanic is an unknown.

While we can't do much about 2 and 3 at the moment (unles sir gets back *coughcomebacknoworI'llvoteyoucough*), we can resolve one.
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

My record: W/L/T/A
Overall:5/2/0/1
Town:5/2/0/1
Scum:0/0/0/0
3rd Party:0/0/0/0
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

zwetschenwasser wrote:He was very eager to describe the previous Wario role to me. It seemed too eager, in fact.
Unvote, vote: zwet
Even in your normal play your cases aren't
that
contrived.
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

My record: W/L/T/A
Overall:5/2/0/1
Town:5/2/0/1
Scum:0/0/0/0
3rd Party:0/0/0/0
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by caf19 »

zwetschenwasser wrote:He was very eager to describe the previous Wario role to me. It seemed too eager, in fact.
I feel like an idiot for actually going through and detailing what is wrong with this, but for the sake of logical argument I will do so anyway.

1) You asked him to do so, twice.
2) In my opinion, it is more suspicious to ignore questions than to answer them.
3) Being eager to talk about Wario in the previous game doesn't mean you are Wario anyway. Really, I can see no correlation between the two.
4) Your tactic of 'ask someone a question then vote them because they answered it' is an incredibly scummy entrapment process. I can't believe anyone in the world would do this from a pro-town perspective. Die.

vote zwet
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Can we get a few more pressure votes on Sirdan please? That's the whole reason my vote's on him, and I promise it'll make perfect sense why I'm pressuring him once he comes clean.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by Moratorium »

That just sounds like a distraction attempt.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by Gorrad »

What, away from Zwet? You jest, I hope.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by ortolan »

caf19 (991) wrote:I'm not really a fan of the tajo wagon, he's too much of an easy target. (and so is zwet, you might respond, except that nobody is going after zwet...)
I strongly disagree that tajo is an easy target. He is getting nowhere near the number of votes I'd like for exactly the same reason SK got lynched.

He is continually saying things to the effect of:
tajo (998) wrote:Ortolan just feels off and Im pretty sure he is scum.
I know for a fact he doesn't use such poor (well actually, non-existent) reasoning when town and therefore I still see a strong indication he is scum. I'm also entirely sure he's familiar with the mafia dictum that saying you have an opinion on someone solely because of "gut" is brazenly scummy because it prevents you having to justify exactly why you find someone scummy, thereby avoiding accountability for your actions.
Mora (1005) wrote:A flipped scum attempted to paint four particular players as scum very early on in the game, just as a passing comment. As there's little reason to bus so many scumbuddies that early, I would tend to believe those four players are more townie on average, based on that statement.
Which post was this and who did he point to?

I am thinking I may have been somewhat tunnelly towards Gorrad. I too would definitely like some contribution from sirdanilot. The act of insisting sirdanilot tell us why he's here is itself not scummy (I think I reacted to the vote moreso). As Kast points out, he may have a bit of a kooky meta.
tajo (1019) wrote:I agree it failed to confim townies but it didnt fail to catch scum, ya know?
It only caught scum insofar as it created an atmosphere of general town-fail where SK thought he could slip in and vote me for bad reasons. Unfortunately, it backfired. The actual thing that caught scum was the bandwagon against him started by Moratorium and boosted by me and all the other wagoners.

zwet's argument that SK deliberately claimed not to have the item descriptions, then get lynched in order to validate tajo's plan is clearly retarded. For a start tajo didn't even want to get the scumbag lynched, he wanted to get me lynched (then Looker LuL). Just because this argument is crap though does not preclude zwet being correct in that tajo is scum.

zwet clearly did try to cite an ongoing game which was disallowed by the mod. I think articulacy is holding him back here, hence having to rely on Mora's portrayal of his case. I do not think he is scum. ~Argh as of the last page I am revisiting this due to the retarded-even-for-zwet claim that tajo is scum for describing the Wario role to him. More on zwet later.
Kast (1057) wrote:I'm getting a mixed but mostly pro-town read on Tajo.
Please elucidate on this.
tajo (1058) wrote: Look, ort is off, relaly off and Im not sure why some people are missing this. I hope that as the game progresses, people are going to realize this.
Here he goes again. Compare to SK's "Hehe I got a bit of gut-read on ortolan here, but nothing I can put my finger on", or words to that effect. Do you notice any similarities between tajo and the already flipped scummy-wummy?

I think WeyounsLastClone may also be trying to signpost the fact he himself is scum in 1064.
WeyounsLastClone (1064) wrote:At first I found Gorrad a bit overanxious to hear from sirdan, but now his silence is a bit awkward (not that I have posted much, but I think it's different from someone who joined from outside the game). Still, I find Gorrad's reactions a bit off.
Nice equivocating and trying to paint both of them as scummy simultaneously.
WeyounsLastClone (1064) wrote:I don't think tajo is from the Mushroom Kingdom, and I don't really like his wagon. Somehow I suspect him to be Wario or something.
You suspect he is a third party...yet you don't like his wagon???
WeyounsLastClone (1064) wrote:
caf19 wrote:I know about his meta and the shallow waters blah blah, but seriously, zwet is scummy. Now that he's not 'confirmed' anymore , I can't help but note that he is 'playing up' to his meta. He is tunneling with woefully inadequate reasoning, purposefully exaggerating the aggressiveness and dumbness of his posts in order that people will go 'oh, it's just zwet being zwet'. And it seems to be working - a decent wagon is building up on tajo. I'm not really a fan of the tajo wagon, he's too much of an easy target. (and so is zwet, you might respond, except that nobody is going after zwet...)
Feels a bit like if tajo pops up town, he can say 'i told you so', and then go after zwet. He rubbed me wrong day 1 too, but I can't pinpoint exactly what. Hope to do a reread this weekend.
I simply disagreed with caf19 but I don't at all see this interpretation here. Opposing a wagon in lieu of another one does not mean you're "relying on the former flipping town in order to line up the second one as a lynch". This part of WLC's post is not as scummy as it is bizarre.

His 989 also struck me as useless.
WeyounsLastClone (989) wrote:
populartajo wrote:A weak attack coming for zwet is understandable but a weak attack coming for a player I respect only means one thing.

I will answer every accusation you brought to the table, ort. Until you eat your words.

Unvote Vote : ortolan.
OMGUS much? I agree that the votes on you are kind of unwarranted, but immediately switching to ortolan after he votes you feels a bit childish.
Childish = childish scum or childish town, or are you just active lurking?

WeyounsLastClone- who would you like to lynch today?

1071 by tajo is illogical.

caf19's 1080 very town.

At present I am waiting for sirdanilot's response to Gorrad, I am hoping tajo will perhaps try to moderate his scumminess by presenting an argument against me that amounts to more than gut, I am hoping zwet will stop being so scummy and (possibly) distracting from the real scum, and I am hoping that WeyounsLastClone will stop equivocating and generally being scum; or else we can just lynch him.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 8:40 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

populartajo wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:
Confirm vote: popthetaco
/facepalm.
now why?
Why the appeal to emotion Tajo?
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 10:44 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

populartajo wrote:
Law.

These people need prods.

killa seven
ZEEnon
Empking
Looker
sirdanilot

Im really dissapointed with sirdanilot considering he is Law's brother. I hope he would be as interested as his brother.
Done
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 10:51 pm

Post by killa seven »

im down to lynch zwet, i dont think he is trying to help the town just distract everyone.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 2:41 am

Post by Moratorium »

Please vote then.

Mod: Have prods gone out?

Mod: Yes
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 3:56 am

Post by sirdanilot »

answering prod

Sorry but reading is very difficult because a) the thread is very long and b) my computer time is limited since my own computer is currently being repaired, so I have to use other ones

so this will have to take a while.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 3:57 am

Post by Moratorium »

What page are you up to?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 4:01 am

Post by ortolan »

sirdanilot maybe you could just answer Gorrad???

Why are you in this game??? What is the flavour for you entering the game, and are you Mushroom Kingdom?
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 4:08 am

Post by populartajo »

Ort wrote:I know for a fact he doesn't use such poor (well actually, non-existent) reasoning when town and therefore I still see a strong indication he is scum.
I have provided reasoning why I think you are scum. Try again.
Ort wrote:I'm also entirely sure he's familiar with the mafia dictum that saying you have an opinion on someone solely because of "gut" is brazenly scummy because it prevents you having to justify exactly why you find someone scummy, thereby avoiding accountability for your actions.
My case on you is not gut. Fail again.
Ort wrote:It only caught scum insofar as it created an atmosphere of general town-fail where SK thought he could slip in and vote me for bad reasons. Unfortunately, it backfired. The actual thing that caught scum was the bandwagon against him started by Moratorium and boosted by me and all the other wagoners.
So you dont think there were scum in the SK wagon? And the basic premise to think SK was scum was that he didnt have item descriptions. Therefore my plan succeded in catching a scum.

Tell me, ort, what makes more sense in the SK wagon when his lynch was inevitable?

a) Bus him to get townie points for being in the wagon?

b) Try to prevent his lynch for get scummy points for not being in the wagon?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 4:09 am

Post by populartajo »

Riceballtail wrote:
populartajo wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:
Confirm vote: popthetaco
/facepalm.
now why?
Why the appeal to emotion Tajo?
This is not appeaal to emotion.

Could you share what you think of everyone?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 4:11 am

Post by populartajo »

Gorrad wrote:
populartajo wrote:@Gorrad, why havent you answered Orto accusations?
Which ones, now?
You missed them?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 4:12 am

Post by populartajo »

Ortolan you conveniently missed this:
populartajo wrote:Ort, lest go thorugh this step by step, shall we?
Tajo wrote:His first post of the game was a vote for Shadow Knight showing a bizarre connection with the Ort-SK dilemma, evne though he hadnt finished reading the thread then.
What do you think of this opinion of Looker?

/quote]
Call me Tajo.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”